(Topic ID: 128815)

Moderated Pinball FS Ad ? Add taken down? WHY?

By skooter710

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by NJGecko
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault.jpg
skeleton.jpg
lebowski-1.jpg
th-2.jpeg
th-1.jpeg
dog.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

Laughing at someone's price (not in their FS thread) and telling them the price is wrong (within the FS thread) is different. It was a good pull from a previous post of mine but unfortunately doesn't apply. Much respect for you and I answered your questions but you gotta admit, $2000 mark up for a game that is currently being sold NIB?

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

$2000 mark up for a game that is currently being sold NIB?

I might have paid $3500 for one tops. So 8k or 10k is all the same to me..

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Doesn't anybody find it hard to believe they were charging $8000 NIB for this machine in the first place?

I don't know -- I've been pumping a bunch of quarters into an MMr on route in Denver the past few weeks. It's an incredible feeling playing a brand new MM. $8k is a lot of money, but if you're into the NIB game, MMr seems reasonably priced compared to, say, a $7k Star Trek LE.

#54 8 years ago

the dude (pad)lock in 3...2...

lebowski-1.jpglebowski-1.jpg

#55 8 years ago

The ad was pulled due to offensive spelling.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Premature Moderation…

It helps to think of your grandmother.

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

It helps to think of your grandmother.

It does?

skeleton.jpgskeleton.jpg

#58 8 years ago

I didn't think it was a crime to post a game on here price it high and see what offers I get. But the price police and the butthurt so called hobbiest are out in full force. If you don't wanna buy the game move along it's that damn easy. But to troll all over my forsale post is just plain lame and rude. If you don't want it scroll on down. Plain and simple. All the people giving me greif on this post get a damn life and lighten up. It's just pinball. Ask yourself if you ever made money on a game that you have sold. If the answer is yes and your giving me crap on here your a hypocrite and a troll.

#59 8 years ago

I hope you're not pissed at me. I just made a joke about my dead grandmother. No harm done.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just made a joke about my dead grandmother.

Maybe you shouldn't have posted her picture ?

#61 8 years ago

I don't know....she is quite the GILF

#62 8 years ago

I wonder if the add would have been pulled if the ask was $9999.99? $9500? Or $8999.95? $8749.99? Or $8765.4321?

How much is too much, Price Police Commissioner?

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from skooter710:

I didn't think it was a crime to post a game on here price it high and see what offers I get. But the price police and the butthurt so called hobbiest are out in full force. If you don't wanna buy the game move along it's that damn easy. But to troll all over my forsale post is just plain lame and rude. If you don't want it scroll on down. Plain and simple. All the people giving me greif on this post get a damn life and lighten up. It's just pinball. Ask yourself if you ever made money on a game that you have sold. If the answer is yes and your giving me crap on here your a hypocrite and a troll.

It wasn't a crime. Your ad should not have been pulled.

A mistake was made and you were asked to repost. You keep saying people are being hypocritical and a troll if they've made money on a pin and are giving you crap, but you won't just accept that the moderator made a mistake and move on? Have you ever made a mistake? If you say yes, does that mean you're a hypocrite and a troll because you won't let it go?

#64 8 years ago

Based on the replies in that thread, I don't think the original content is the cause of the locking. It was going nowhere good very quickly and they locked it. Not one reply was anything other than mocking the OP. Whether the OP was being greedy, silly, funny... I dunno, but you can see the reaction it got. If I ran this place I wouldn't want a thread devolving into a crapfight and if I could clearly see it coming i'd stop it sooner too. Post the FS again, but this time be realistic and the snarky stuff won't happen.

#65 8 years ago

I don't think the moderator made a mistake, I am tired of seeing these silly for sale threads from people who are not serious about selling their game. Hey Skooter, this isn't eBay, so take your garbage for sale thread somewhere else. $9000 would have been fine, but $10k, come on man?? At least donate to the site if you are going to make $2000????

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

It wasn't a crime. Your ad should not have been pulled.
A mistake was made and you were asked to repost. You keep saying people are being hypocritical and a troll if they've made money on a pin and are giving you crap, but you won't just accept that the moderator made a mistake and move on? Have you ever made a mistake? If you say yes, does that mean you're a hypocrite and a troll because you won't let it go?

Thanks...this sums it up. A mistake was made, it was brought to our attention, and it was addressed. Mods are human (contrary to popular belief!) and it happens. That's what the moderator feedback forum is for...people are always welcome to question moderation decisions. We try really really hard to get it right, but sometimes it's tough. We have seen almost 900 posts just in the past 24 hours, and we do the best we can.
In this case it was a fine line between trolling and just trying to make a buck.

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I don't think the moderator made a mistake, I am tired of seeing these silly for sale threads from people who are not serious about selling their game. Hey Skooter, this isn't eBay, so take your garbage for sale thread somewhere else. $9000 would have been fine, but $10k, come on man?? At least donate to the site if you are going to make $2000????

Garbage for sale thread huh? Aren't you being a lil harsh there pal. it's called free market ya clown. I wasn't ever intending on getting 10K. So just relax yourself price police guy. So I see your the almighty decision maker on what FS post are garbage and not garbage. I'll tell you what take your clown comments elsewhere is what you should do.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#68 8 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Thanks...this sums it up. A mistake was made, it was brought to our attention, and it was addressed. Mods are human (contrary to popular belief!) and it happens. That's what the moderator feedback forum is for...people are always welcome to question moderation decisions. We try really really hard to get it right, but sometimes it's tough. We have seen almost 900 posts just in the past 24 hours, and we do the best we can.
In this case it was a fine line between trolling and just trying to make a buck.

All good I understand. Just seemed like a witch hunt. Like said priced it high of course I did. did I expect to get that ...no But I have been selling and buying pinballs for over 15 years now. just part of the hobby. Again It all good except for some overly opinionated clowns on here.

#69 8 years ago

It's one thing to put some time into a pin and make money. If you buy a pin put some love into and flip it all the power to you and I hope you earn as much as possible. I think we all know the hours you can sink into a pin. Even if you buy a pin and horde it away as a time capsule I hope you make as much as you can on it. To buy a brand new pin and try and bend some over for 2K as soon as it arrives. To me that's not part of the pinball community. Take that to eBay and CL we can all have a good laugh in those threads.

#70 8 years ago

Been fixed fast fingers it would seem.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

To buy a brand new pin and try and bend some over for 2K as soon as it arrives. To me that's not part of the pinball community. Take that to eBay and CL we can all have a good laugh in those threads.

It takes two to tango... the seller sells and the buyer buys. No one forces anyone to buy anything. If a buyer comes along and wants to spend 10k on a NIB MMr whats it to you?

#72 8 years ago

Its nothing to me, but I have no problem with people giving him grief about it or a mod deciding to lock it. You reap what you sow and on the internet if you spread to much bullshit when you sow expect a shitload of weeds to spring up all over the place. To go so far as create another thread too boo ho about it that's just begging for punishment.

#73 8 years ago

You're = you are.

My wife hates when I tell her that too!

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

It takes two to tango... the seller sells and the buyer buys. No one forces anyone to buy anything. If a buyer comes along and wants to spend 10k on a NIB MMr whats it to you?

It might not be anything to Darscot, but would you have us believe that teekee would stand idly by and let someone pay $10k for a "refake"?!?

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It's one thing to put some time into a pin and make money. If you buy a pin put some love into and flip it all the power to you and I hope you earn as much as possible. I think we all know the hours you can sink into a pin. Even if you buy a pin and horde it away as a time capsule I hope you make as much as you can on it. To buy a brand new pin and try and bend some over for 2K as soon as it arrives. To me that's not part of the pinball community. Take that to eBay and CL we can all have a good laugh in those threads.

I'm not bending anybody over you fool. It was just a feeler price wasn't expecting to get that. There is plenty of pinballers that can stick up for my honesty and pinballs I sell and the deals I give. And who are you to tell me where and when I can post an AD too. And what price I put on it? You have been on Pinside a whole 3 months I see. What have you done for the hobby other then whine and complain. I have restored and sold over hundreds of games. Take your clown comments as well and go away YAAA Heeey Der

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Its nothing to me, but I have no problem with people giving him grief about it or a mod deciding to lock it. You reap what you sow and on the internet if you spread to much bullshit when you sow expect a shitload of weeds to spring up all over the place.

Oh how cute I am reaping now what I sew. For asking for over on a pinball machine. You sir are an extra kind of D to the dumb. Only weed here is you.

#77 8 years ago

Apparently you disagree with my opinion, everyone's got one. That being said your going to have to do a lot better than trying to bully me on the internet to get me to stop voicing it.

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It might not be anything to Darscot, but would you have us believe that teekee would stand idly by and let someone pay $10k for a "refake"?!?

I can't save everyone!

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I can't save everyone!

But damned if you're not going to try!

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Apparently you disagree with my opinion, everyone's got one. That being said your going to have to do a lot better than trying to bully me on the internet to get me to stop voicing it.

Nobody is bullying you. Your making this into something way bigger then it actually even is. you have taken it upon yourself to decide what I can or can't ask for a pinball machine in a free market. I wasn't doing anything but putting a price out there. if someone bought it for 10 then LUCKY F'ing me Was I expecting to get that .......nope. But it is the most popular game ever made and the supply is in demand so I put it out there for that price. if you don't wanna buy it then move the F along it's that f'ing easy. It really is just that easy you should try it sometime.
Like said I have sold pinballs to hundreds of people. Many here on this very forum. They all can stand up to my character and honesty and quality of product I sell. I just think you would be a happier person if you just let it go. Just saying

#81 8 years ago

I'm the one that needs to let it go? Pot, I would like to introduce you to the kettle. Dude life is wonderful, unhappiness is not a curse i'm afflicted with.

P.S.
Geocab I have to let you know, you have me proof reading, damn grammar police. and I'm sure I will still make a mistake.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from skooter710:

Oh how cute I am reaping now what I sew. For asking for over on a pinball machine. You sir are an extra kind of D to the dumb. Only weed here is you.

It seems the issue has been remedied. Why not just give it up already? I've gotta say, all your angry typing isn't really doing you any favors here and is just stirring the pot when it's probably time to just move on. Live to play pinball another day so to speak.

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from skooter710:

I just think you would be a happier person if you just let it go. Just saying

That's all we're saying to. Bro just chill for a bit. This will pass

#84 8 years ago

OK, this thread has served its purpose. Issue raised, answered, and explained. This thread is degenerating into nothing purposeful. It's time to close this. Sorry folks, but nothing constructive left here.

maxresdefault.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modderated-pinball-fs-add-add-taken-down-why/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.