(Topic ID: 128815)

Moderated Pinball FS Ad ? Add taken down? WHY?

By skooter710

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by NJGecko
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

maxresdefault.jpg
skeleton.jpg
lebowski-1.jpg
th-2.jpeg
th-1.jpeg
dog.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Pinside,

How is an add for a MM remake add taken down? I have the game NIB ready to own. so are you saying I can't make money on a game?
it is worth what someone is willing to pay....... is the way i see it.
How was this a violation of any sorts?
Are you guys now the pinball price police?
And i was willing to take offers. So the price wasn't firm.
SO WHY WAS THIS ADD TAKEN DOWN!!!
So whats the proper amount that i can make then. Is there a magic number of sorts?
Answer please.
I don't care if you think i was asking to much. Is this not a free forum for pinball?

Scott

#2 5 years ago

Did you create a for sale post in the forum? If so, you're supposed to create an ad in the marketplace and then the forum post is automatically created from there.

#3 5 years ago

No it was in the market place. All done right

Scott

#4 5 years ago

Was told I was abusing the Market Place??? How so? Trying to make some money on a game is a violation now? I have one NIB how is this a violation?

Scott

#5 5 years ago

Just do like most of the FS ads now and price it as "offers starting at." I did not see your posting, but sounds like the same thing, just worded a little different.

#6 5 years ago

Let me help - this is all speculation

It appeared to be trolling - it was taken down in error if your the one that was asking for 10K. The issue is the joke used to be its 10K by christmas, since this game is NIB surrounded by controversy and brings out the worst in the hobby the moderator who I saw delete one said very funny but going to delete. Your question about if its worth more then what you paid is interesting, the market is unknown but yes its worth what people are willing to pay, but I don't think you will see 10K for it anytime soon.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

It appeared to be trolling - it was taken down in error if your the one that was asking for 10K. The issue is the joke used to be its 10K by christmas, since this game is NIB surrounded by controversy and brings out the worst in the hobby the moderator who I saw delete one said very funny but going to delete. Your question about if its worth more then what you paid is interesting, the market is unknown but yes its worth what people are willing to pay, but I don't think you will see 10K for it anytime soon.

100% spot on. I was thinking the same. The pinside court of public opinion spoke volumes, the thread was derailed the second it left the station.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from skooter710:

Pinside,
How is an add for a MM remake add taken down? I have the game NIB ready to own. so are you saying I can't make money on a game?
So whats the proper amount that i can make then. Is there a magic number of sorts?
Answer please.
I don't care if you think i was asking to much. Is this not a free forum for pinball?
Scott

Personally I'm more offended by your ad being deleted than I am your asking price.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

I just started it 10k whos to say i would't take a different amount? How does this game bring out the worst in the hobby? It is a NIB MM how much cooler then that can it get? Since when is making money on pinball machines a bad thing. You can LOL joke and kid about it all you want. So nobody here on this forum has ever made money on a game LOL If no one has then wow! just wow!. If so you are all hypocrites. Didn't see any violation what so ever. Other some opinions on what i should ask for a game.
Scott

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Personally I'm more offended by your ad being deleted than I am your asking price.

Hey i have it now NIB so if somebody's time is worth the extra amount then lucky me then.

So thanks
and maybe thanks again LOL

Scott

#11 5 years ago

I got a two day thread ejection without warning from the ca for sale thread for posting one too many off topic music vids. I say lets rock!

#12 5 years ago

Screw the videos. Where's the dog???

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Screw the videos. Where's the dog???

dog.jpg

#14 5 years ago

Ahhhhh....that never gets old. Thanks!

#15 5 years ago

I was surprised that this for sale ad was taken down.

Even though MMr can be ordered for less $$$, I personally know a few people that would consider paying a higher price just so they can have the machine NOW, instead of having to wait for the machine. There seems to be a lot of new people getting into this hobby that have PLENTY of money, building up a $200,000+ collection within a few short months....(wish I were one of those types).

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I was surprised that this for sale ad was taken down.
Even though MMr can be ordered for less $$$, I personally know a few people that would consider paying a higher price just so they can have the machine NOW, instead of having to wait for the machine. There seems to be a lot of new people getting into this hobby that have PLENTY of money, building up a $200,000+ collection within a few short months....(wish I were one of those types).

I wish i was one of them as well. Fact is what you said i have one ready to roll. Who know when they are going back on the line. But the post was taken down violating what i don't know.
"The Extreme hobbyist" maybe That i am single handily ruining the hobby of pinball for asking for
one simple NIB game. So instead of waiting another year to get yours you can have this one for a price agreed upon. This is suppose to be a free market correct?

#17 5 years ago

Skooter710,

I am not sure what happened with your ad. If you want to create another one, please do.

Then send me the link to the ad, and I'll re-open your previous thread and link it to the new ad.

Good luck with your sale.

Marcus

P.S. In the future, please open up a moderator feedback thread. That way, it gets on our radar faster.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from skooter710:

How is an add for a MM remake add taken down?

I would assume teekee is now a moderator.

th-1.jpeg

#19 5 years ago

AD not add

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I would assume teekee is now a moderator.
th-1.jpeg

If I were Pinside wouldn't be going down the tubes…

#21 5 years ago

Maybe they were offended by your spelling of moderated and ad?

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

If I were Pinside wouldn't be going down the tubes…

I always wanted to know, where are these "tubes" and how do we know there's more than one?

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I always wanted to know, where are these "tubes" and how do we know there's more than one?

th-2.jpeg

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from skooter710:

I just started it 10k whos to say i would't take a different amount? How does this game bring out the worst in the hobby? It is a NIB MM how much cooler then that can it get? Since when is making money on pinball machines a bad thing. You can LOL joke and kid about it all you want. So nobody here on this forum has ever made money on a game LOL If no one has then wow! just wow!. If so you are all hypocrites. Didn't see any violation what so ever. Other some opinions on what i should ask for a game.
Scott

The mods probably thought it was a joke because not too long ago people we selling their spots in line for a loss. You are entitled to ask what you want and there is a sucker born every day. I didn't like it being deleted and actually thought the price was on par with what you typically price your machines at.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from skooter710:

NIB MM how much cooler then that can it get

I can think of a lot, frankly. Seeing a MM that my friend built from parts was a hell of a lot more awesome to me, than a factory product.

#26 5 years ago

Does pinside make anything or charge anything for, for sale ads? They really should, maybe a system that if your for sale thread gets more than X number of thumbs down you can't create another without out making Y amount as a donation. I'm fine with people wanting to make a buck but pinside should get a piece of that pie.

#27 5 years ago

I enjoyed seeing your ridiculously priced thread being locked. "Taking offers" or not, you just look like a douchenozzle when you start with something like a MMR at $10k.

#28 5 years ago

Drop the r from MMr and then would have the price been OK?

#29 5 years ago

PLease post another to we can lambaste you in the correct thread.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I enjoyed seeing your ridiculously priced thread being locked. "Taking offers" or not, you just look like a douchenozzle when you start with something like a MMR at $10k.

GFY just saying

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

PLease post another to we can lambaste you in the correct thread.

Lambaste me for what? Trying to make a buck?

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I can think of a lot, frankly. Seeing a MM that my friend built from parts was a hell of a lot more awesome to me, than a factory product.

Ok thats cool as well. agreed

#33 5 years ago

Do you know what mod locked your post? It's easy to overmoderate when you don't have to be held accountable for your actions.

#34 5 years ago
#35 5 years ago

I meant locked and fixed it. Either way it's overmoderating and becoming more and more common.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from skooter710:

Pinside,
Answer please.
Scott

It's 'ad' not 'add'

You're welcome.

#37 5 years ago

Tigerlaw locked it b/c he thought it was a joke. PM him. He'll reopen it.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Tigerlaw locked it b/c he thought it was a joke. PM him. He'll reopen it.

Yep, PM a mod OR you can start a thread spewing a free market speech and flipping out over a mistake.

I hummed "America the Beautiful" during this rant:

Quoted from skooter710:

Answer please.

You gotta admit, a mod closing the sale thread because it looked like a joke is pretty funny.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I meant locked and fixed it. Either way it's overmoderating and becoming more and more common.

You're overreacting. The mods sincerely thought the ad was trolling (and therefore an improper use of the marketplace). Which as dantebean notes, is hilarious.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The mods sincerely thought the ad was trolling

Just like when I got booted from a thread, it might be nice for the moderator to communicate with said offender first.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just like when I got booted from a thread, it might be nice for the moderator to communicate with said offender first.

Quoted from BoJo:

Gotta put down the pitchforks and step back and look at this. They thought it was a joke (1 part of it truly was), and will probably fix it. If you keep your hands clean and utilize this site correctly, no mod would need to step in. This is just the one instance that the mod was wrong. No harm, no foul, they will just create a new thread or reopen that one.

Good to see cigar dog back.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Do you know what mod locked your post? It's easy to overmoderate when you don't have to be held accountable for your actions.

Then go back to RGP

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

They thought it was a joke (1 part of it truly was)

And what part was a joke? People have been selling pinball machines on here for ridiculously high prices since i've been on board and most of those threads just ran their course.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And what part was a joke? People have been selling pinball machines on here for ridiculously high prices since i've been on board and most of those threads just ran their course.

The price was a joke. We can all debate what a restored Willams/Bally game is worth and never come up with the same number. A NIB game which we all know sells for $8000. A $2000 mark up (OBO or not) is a joke. So his services of having $8000 and a way to purchase should net him $2000 profit? I respect you guy but you gotta see the humor in that.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

The price was a joke. We can all debate what a restored Willams/Bally game is worth and never come up with the same number. A NIB game which we all know sells for $8000. A $2000 mark up (OBO or not) is a joke. So his services of having $8000 and a way to purchase should net him $2000 profit? I respect you guy but you gotta see the humor in that.

Guys where doing the same thing with NIB WoZ LE's as it was trickling out… supply and demand.

THIS THREAD SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SHUT DOWN!

Premature Moderation…

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

THIS THREAD SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SHUT DOWN!

This thread isn't?

#47 5 years ago

I seen the the ad and thought it was a joke mostly because of the location -Chicago
Just thought he was making fun of MMR sitting on the loading docks .

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

The price was a joke.

Quoted from dantebean:

Nothing ever good comes from price policing.

#49 5 years ago

The moderators probably just thought that there was NO WAY that it was a real ad at that price. Neither did I.

#50 5 years ago

Doesn't anybody find it hard to believe they were charging $8000 NIB for this machine in the first place?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside