2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by pinupgirl1975
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 87 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

61032339_2550265651650262_5804412554084089856_n (resized).jpg
    1694D0E8-B907-4656-8690-89434E9E615C (resized).jpeg
    5C5654CE-8EEF-43FB-B480-567B156ADB9F (resized).jpeg
    AC548BB9-DD17-4579-A097-12955E4F2B62 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20181012_230543050 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181013_103324852 (resized).jpg
    ID2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0395 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0397 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0386 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0379 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0376 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0371 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0369 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9377 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1705 (resized).JPG

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 2 years ago

Shifting gears, what are people planning to do for cliffys, mylar, or other playfield protectors?

[EDIT: The game comes with cliffy-type protectors installed in the scoop and on the right side of the shooter lane. So the only spot to put one would be on the left side of the shooter lane by the ball eject]

#52 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

That's why I picked up theses two...
    Hopefully they will fit well!

What manufacturer are your Star Destroyer and Corellian Corvette from? The X-Wing Miniatures Game had the Corvette (now super-expensive), but I don't see that they ever made a Star Destroyer. Are these from the "Star Wars Armada" game?

#53 2 years ago

Correct, the star destroyer and corvette are from the armada game.

amazon.com link »

amazon.com link »

#54 2 years ago

Does anyone Know when stern is going to release their Star Wars accessories? Curious what they will offer for this one.

#55 2 years ago

Any custom score cards available yet?

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from FLpinball:

Any custom score cards available yet?

By the looks of it, it will probably take both sides of the apron to explain whats going on!

#57 2 years ago

The possibilities are kind of tough to nail down since there's not much room to attach things without them interacting with the playfield.

#58 2 years ago

Waiting on a part for our glowing instruction cards. Should be a week and a half. We also have a Darth Vader with a chest plate that lights up, and we will have light sabers in blue, red and green. Should have both Darth Vader and light sabers in about a week and a half also.

This is an early prototype on the blue light saber. Lights up great in the game (don't have one yet, tested in Aerosmith). We wanted a good length, and are happy with this. The tapered angle helps allows more even light flow through the length of the blade. If you go with some kind of acrylic tube product, you will have a hot spot at the handle and a hot spot at the tip.

Dan

0715171643a_resized (resized).jpg

3203_resized (resized).jpeg

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Waiting on a part for our glowing instruction cards. Should be a week and a half. We also have a Darth Vader with a chest plate that lights up, and we will have light sabers in blue, red and green. Should have both Darth Vader and light sabers in about a week and a half also.
    This is an early prototype on the blue light saber. Lights up great in the game (don't have one yet, tested in Aerosmith). We wanted a good length, and are happy with this. The tapered angle helps allows more even light flow through the length of the blade. If you go with some kind of acrylic tube product, you will have a hot spot at the handle and a hot spot at the tip.
    Dan

Deinifitely going to be buying a buncha goodies from you.

#60 2 years ago

Looks like this will be a popular mod...here's ours. Should be available next week, my game arrives Monday.

20170715_185536 (resized).jpg

#61 2 years ago

This could make a good topper.

maxresdefault (resized).jpg

#62 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Looks like this will be a popular mod...here's ours. Should be available next week, my game arrives Monday.

The hilt looks nicely detailed on that lermods, great choice man, such an iconic part of the movies, means you got do it justice and any lightsaber mods that are made need to have a nice level of detail in the hilt its the signature part of the saber, even more so than the blade colour, cheap hilts just look like crap!

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Looks good! But why is Vader's saber green?

#64 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

Nice catch fellow nerd !!

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

It's just a test saber. Isn't Yoda's green? I can do red, green, blue, yellow and white. I can even do an rgb saber.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Looks awesome. I'm likely in for a Vader saber. It should look cool in a Premium, since the art package leans heavily on The Empire.

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

It's just a test saber. Isn't Yoda's green? I can do red, green, blue, yellow and white. I can even do an rgb saber.

Just messing, It looks really good! I figured they would be rgb or what not...
    Yes, Yoda does have a green lightsaber, but only in the prequels he never had one in the original trilogy...

Sorry my Star Wars nerd blood is flowing...

#68 2 years ago

Any ships out there the same scale as the tie? Looks like the game pieces aren't the right scale. Anyone figured out what toy line stern pulled the tie from?

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Any ships out there the same scale as the tie? Looks like the game pieces aren't the right scale. Anyone figured out what toy line stern pulled the tie from?

The TIE Fighter from the Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures game is probably 1/3 or 1/4 the size of the TIE Fighter in the machine. So if you tried to swap one of those in it'd look tiny! You could still use pieces from the miniature game further back on the playfield, just not near or in place of the TIE Fighter.

#70 2 years ago

I'm going to use the X-Wing miniatures I bought (X-Wings& TIE interceptors) to go next to the MF on the LE. This should be an OK scale

Picked up some other toys that are the same size as the TIE fighter, going to try and put LEDs in these and mount them next to the LCD Screen- that light/flash when a target is hit

#71 2 years ago

Trough and backboard lights ready to go...red, green, blue, purple and white available.

Pop bumper flasher mod and light saber will be ready later this week.

http://lermods.com/t/star-wars-pinball-mods

star-wars-pinball-led-strip-backboard-light-kit-2 (resized).jpg

star-wars-pinball-led-strip-trough-light-kit-2 (resized).jpg

#72 2 years ago

Our light saber mod is now ready to go...blue (Luke), red (Vader) or green (Yoda). Saber is approximately 9.5" long. Note that because of the design of the saber and brightness of the game, the saber must be angled up and tip pointing toward you for maximum light effect. $40 shipped or two for $70. I have one in stock at the moment and more will be ready in a day or two.

http://lermods.com/products/star-wars-pinball-illuminated-light-saber-mod

DSC_0014 (resized).JPG

star-wars-pinball-illuminated-light-saber-mod-3 (resized).JPG

#73 2 years ago

Somebody please make a transparent mirror mod similar to GB for the upper rollovers. My boys cant see them at all over the lcd screen.

#75 2 years ago

I'd like to see mods (particularly on the Premium where the background will match it the best) that mount additional Tie fighters on or near the pop bumper/small LCD area. I suppose you could even tie them into the 3 standup targets to light up "explode" but I'm not sure that would mesh well with the visuals on the small LCD.

#76 2 years ago
    Quoted from tbanthony:

I'd like to see mods (particularly on the Premium where the background will match it the best) that mount additional Tie fighters on or near the pop bumper/small LCD area. I suppose you could even tie them into the 3 standup targets to light up "explode" but I'm not sure that would mesh well with the visuals on the small LCD.

Could mount some small tie fighter/xwing figurines on springs to the pops pretty easily just for the visual effect

#77 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Our light saber mod is now ready to go...blue (Luke), red (Vader) or green (Yoda). Saber is approximately 9.5" long. Note that because of the design of the saber and brightness of the game, the saber must be angled up and tip pointing toward you for maximum light effect. $40 shipped or two for $70. I have one in stock at the moment and more will be ready in a day or two.
    http://lermods.com/products/star-wars-pinball-illuminated-light-saber-mod

Is there not a better place to mount the lightsaber? seems bizarre and visually off being mounted on the ramp against the space fight backboard/background, would the shooter lane work as the shooter lane switch makes the lightsaber sound?

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Is there not a better place to mount the lightsaber? seems bizarre and visually off being mounted on the ramp against the space fight backboard/background, would the shooter lane work as the shooter lane switch makes the lightsaber sound?

No, it doesn't work on the shooter lane, it must be facing toward you to maximize light. You cant tie it to the shooter switch either, the switch activates for a split second so you would never see the light. If a flasher went off upon the shooter switch/coil activating, it could work, but that's not the case with this game.

#79 2 years ago

These could be used as a topper, or strategically placed on the playfield. Or even used as a message if the code isn't finished in a reasonable amount of time.

worst-star-wars-toy (resized).jpeg

#80 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

These could be used as a topper, or strategically placed on the playfield. Or even used as a message if the code isn't finished in a reasonable amount of time.

Luckily Alderaan appears to be comprised primarily of pumice stone. Should keep shipping costs down, plus it doubles as a natural exfoliant.

#81 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

We have some asteroids that light up we are working on, it is tough to get the color right. We designed one that fits over a metal ramp so the ball can roll thru it, also have one for a plastic ramp, again that the ball can roll thru. They are flat to go against the pinball sides, and are reversible so they can be put on either the left or right side of game. Also have a separate asteroid that can be placed on its own, or can be matched with one of the flow thru's.

These would be good for many space themed games. Here are a couple of non mounted pictures.

Glowing instructions cards should be ready by Tuesday, I will have them posted on this market.

Dan

0721172037a_resized (resized).jpg

0721172038_resized (resized).jpg

#82 2 years ago

Glowing instructions cards will be listed on Pinside market next week.

True plug and play, 5 minutes to install, no soldering, no changes to your game.

Plan on releasing all glowing instruction cards for Spike games next week.

Every kit with come with everything in the pictures, includes 2 sets of 3 cards with different back ground images. As many people know one of the major challenges with this product is coming off the 12 volt supply from the game. If you come off the 12 volt supply from the game and have a slight voltage variation it could be very, very bad for your game. The only way to guarantee 100% a 12V source is to come off a DC power supply that plugs in your service outlet.

The Glowing instruction cards are powered from the service outlet, but they are switched from your game. When power turns on, Glowing instruction cards turn on. When power is turned off, glowing instruction cards are turned off.

Because the standard plug on this product does not fit in the slots that hold your instruction card in place, we use a smaller thinner plug that easily fits in the slot. The relay wire and the extension wire are both 2 meters long, so it easy placement under the playfield or in the back box.

$99.99 for entire kit.

Dan

0722171301_resized (resized).jpg

0722171258b_resized (2) (resized).jpg

0722171351_resized (resized).jpg

0722171350_resized (resized).jpg

#83 2 years ago
    Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

We have some asteroids that light up we are working on, it is tough to get the color right.
    Dan

I must admit my first thought was glowing chunks of turds

#84 2 years ago

I would think the Star Trek asteroids could be re-purposed.

https://mezelmods.com/products/stern-star-trek-pinball-asteroids?variant=13725551300

... and let's revisit the baked potatoes for fun

pasted_image (resized).png

#85 2 years ago

I would like to hear from folks which Tie Fighters look the best and are the same/similar size as the one on the playfield. I'm sure some folks have started to mount some additional ships. Let's see 'em guys!

#86 2 years ago

Millennium Falcon added...tied to ramp flasher.

These will be available late next week in limited quantity.

star-wars-pinball-illiminated-millennium-falcon-mod-1 (resized).JPG

#87 2 years ago

Three versions of our saber mod are now ready to go. They are 9" long.

https://lermods.com/t/star-wars-pinball-mods

star-wars-pinball-illuminated-light-saber-mod-cropped (resized).jpg
    star-wars-pinball-illuminated-light-saber-mod-cropped (resized).jpg

#88 2 years ago

Not quite right for a mod, but it floats!

http://lazyop.com/death-star-floating-speaker/

deathstarspeaker (resized).png

#89 2 years ago

Millennium Falcon Mod for the pro now available on our website or Pinside shop in limited quantity right now. $75 shipped.

https://lermods.com/products/star-wars-pinball-illuminated-millennium-falcon-mod

20170728_065502 (resized).jpg

#90 2 years ago
    Quoted from Phbooms:

Somebody please make a transparent mirror mod

We did make a mirror mod for this along with a few others.

mirror 2 (2) (resized).jpg

mirror (resized).jpg

20170803_160955 (2) (resized).jpg

20170803_160417 (resized).jpg

#91 2 years ago

respect to you sir for making mods but that Falcon looks very plain, just saying to me anyway, I really like the mini LCD mod but get rid of the text for the home owners, I just took that sticker off mine all together.

#92 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

get rid of the text for the home owners

I can make both versions, I'll have the other up later today on our site.

#93 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

respect to you sir for making mods but that Falcon looks very plain and cheap, just saying to me anyway, I really like the mini LCD mod but get rid of the text for the home owners, I just took that sticker off mine all together.

Same quality stern is using in the premium and LE, slightly different look. They are definitely not "cheap". To me, it looks great in the game...to each his own.

#94 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Same quality stern is using in the premium and LE, slightly different look. They are definitely not "cheap". To me, it looks great in the game...to each his own.

Maybe its just the pic.

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I saw lermods table at Pintastic. They make some very nice mods.

I might guess that the "cheap" reference could be better described as looking 'like plastic'. I see this often in the toys in pins, especially the one that come from the factory. I went as far as to repaint all of the toys in my Transformers so that they looked similar to the way they looked in the movies (metallic paints, dry-brushed).
    What I have not attempted yet is to recreate that "star wars look". It's sort of an off white with some grays mixed in for more of an aged/dirty look. I would have to break out the airbrush for that. Anyone with some airbrush experience have any ideas?

Keep the mods coming...Star Wars is ripe for some creative bling.

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from PersonX99:

I might guess that the "cheap" reference could be better described as looking 'like plastic'.

Yeah I didn't mean to insult it by using the word cheap. "like plastic"

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah I didn't mean to insult it by using the word cheap. "like plastic"

No offense taken, it's all good. I like feedback, good or bad. Always room for improvement. Certainly dont want to be making crappy or cheap mods. I can say that every mod I make has been or is in one of my own games.

#98 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

No offense taken, it's all good. I like feedback, good or bad.

Well yeah I think the intense LED light in the picture (we all know those don't always mix well) is washing out any detail the model has...so it looks plasticy smooth. At least that's my thoughts on it.

#99 2 years ago

Shooter Rods.

thumbnail_IMG_20170518_142037 (resized).jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20170601_065024 (resized).jpg

#100 2 years ago

are these real? your making? can i get a han in carbonite??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.95
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RGP Models
    $ 199.99
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 17.99
    Playfield - Decals
    Lermods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 234.99
    $ 35.00
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 349.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 37.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside