(Topic ID: 187220)

Mod Removers Club - Getting rid of "mods" one machine at a time.

By lordloss

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 747 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 53 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    0B9058FA-52F0-4F56-8C5C-1507C73F7CF7 (resized).jpeg
    lotr topppp (resized).jpg
    a30f90eeb2007f9f0ce3ab13d2dda9ceb19bfdd4 (resized).jpg
    wow (resized).jpg
    wow2 (resized).jpg
    20201004_175211~2 (resized).jpg
    279163F6-0863-40DF-BA52-76DCB1542570 (resized).jpeg
    95789930_253530822364110_2942522050570354688_n (resized).png
    96793286_10221998797109660_1843812413447602176_n (resized).jpg
    CA (resized).jpg
    part0-9_1024x1024 (resized).jpg
    afm (resized).jpg
    B25D935D-86FC-487C-A3CF-8A4B4FB0CF3E (resized).jpeg
    5D132F52-C7F9-40AA-9F9A-B5A5C3FC0FD1 (resized).jpeg
    Anais Facepalm.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merccat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 7 years ago

There are a lot of mods I dislike but there are a few exceptions. For example I think the red smoke mod on WOZ is a vast improvement over the original witch... although I'm not sure it is in the same category as its a replacement of an existing element and not an addition of a new element.

My TZ came from an operator and was completely stock other than LED's. Stock looks great and I think that game looks amazballs as is. I may add a couple functional mods such as the GLM mini playfield switch kit, but I don't think thats heresy.

I do not like the light strips above or below the playfield. My opinion is that if an area of the playfield is dark its that way because the designer intended it to be. Further its even worse if a game has a lights out mode and those light strips stay on... totally defies the whole point.

#43 7 years ago

Yeah but lighting a motorhome is a different story. There its a matter of practicality and your not trying to set a mood given the mode the motorhome is currently in. I can see adding a small touch of lighting here or there but washing out a play-field with bright light strips is more equivilant to lighing a stage for a play with all the lights full on.

#62 7 years ago

Ok yeah, the Piano mod is another good one... not quite up there with the red smoke witch mod, it but it looks like it belongs, doesn't obscure anthing and covers up pretty much the only area on the playfield that was inexplicably left bare/exposed.

Also, for those complaining about a thread about not doing somehing, I don't think that was the point.. its a thread about mod's you have removed from games.

I think even the most prolific modders have decided against a mod at some point and removed something no? Well maybe not that STNG guy... that thing probably even has the kitchen sink in there somewhere.

#159 7 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

There is a lot of truth to this statement. I can't count how many times I have seen someone post pictures of their pins with horrible mods and way more often than not, the high scores on the game are the factory default scores or barely just above them.

Hard to guage by high scores. I'm not always that great and actually tend to reset high scores fairly often. A better guage is thise 3 year old HUO modded to the max games that advertise only a hundred or so games... heck I rack that up in my first week of ownership.

3 months later
    #431 6 years ago

Been seeing a large number of hideous looking Aerosmith mods at the bottom of my browser lately and its getting annoying. At least I haven't seen one in anyones game yet.

Did come across someones game that was resetting. Looked inside... alligator clips here and there and battery corrosion still on the board... at least fix your critical issues before modding folks.

#433 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Another f***ing ugly "mod"...
    ebay.com link » Creature From The Black Lagoon Cftbl Pinball Machine Projector Led Mod Stern

Oh yeah... same maker... I recognize the red poop streaming from its back side like it's laying a big turd right on your game.

#438 6 years ago

The dude also
    Has a wierd egg shaped "bomb" with sparkers... and a wies deformed card(?) with jackie on it... all with that red poop wire.

I mean... I'm not sure if he's trying real hard but has no astetic sense or if the whole shop is a elaborate hoax.

To give him the benifit of the doubt... maybe they look great in person but are not photogenic... it just seems that there is no peice of plasic immune from having an LED crammed into it with visible wires and a red twisty tie sticking out of it.

#459 6 years ago

Somebody has been having fun with their E-Z Bake Oven.

#460 6 years ago

IMG_5914 (resized).PNGIMG_5914 (resized).PNG

#492 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

$30 led 12v strips

...For a small segment of a large roll that can be bought for $10

1 month later
    #532 6 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

This seller is like a hall of fame for awful mods.

I think my favorite (at least thats been featured here in this thread) so far is the melted fishing bob with an LED crammed into it for the low price of $49.99. SNL would be hard pressed to make up a more ridiculous gag product.

1 week later
    #553 6 years ago

Well his work is improving (didn’t see wierd wires or somewhat melted looking shapes)... but doesn’t know the proper orientation for video. I’m guessing the guy is a kid so pretty cool seeing kids so into pinball.

#557 6 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

It has been removed so I don't get to see what caused the "oh my"

Imagine if you will.... a glowing marquee adorning the entrance to one of your ramps.... now imagine that same marquee slowing spinning ala PepBoys.

Honestly I’ve seen worse but I think he got called out on those which is why he removed them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merccat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mod-removers-club-getting-rid-of-mods-one-machine-at-a-time?tu=merccat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.