(Topic ID: 187220)

Mod Removers Club - Getting rid of "mods" one machine at a time.

By lordloss

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 672 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by LesManley
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 138 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

afm (resized).jpg
    B25D935D-86FC-487C-A3CF-8A4B4FB0CF3E (resized).jpeg
    5D132F52-C7F9-40AA-9F9A-B5A5C3FC0FD1 (resized).jpeg
    Anais Facepalm.gif
    LOTR.jpg
    MaidenRuleCard3 (resized).jpg
    MaidenRuleCard2 (resized).JPG
    tzz (resized).jpg
    MaidenRuleCard2 (resized).JPG
    MaidenRuleCard (resized).jpg
    75E76FDF-8CE0-4885-B46A-87FB548D6403 (resized).jpeg
    twilightzonemods (resized).JPG
    a wolf (resized).jpg
    0b4c99dfc7e6f5d615df8e4185d5415a8f9c1c43.png (resized).jpg
    Stugots (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 672 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.
    #552 2 years ago

Wow those both look like shit, notice in the post he doesn't get on the forums much, with all these butchered mods I wish he came on the forums even less.

Without a doubt the worst modder and I use that term very loosely (stick and led in any cheap piece of crap or $1 toy) with the shitest mods in the hobby.

#553 2 years ago

Well his work is improving (didn’t see wierd wires or somewhat melted looking shapes)... but doesn’t know the proper orientation for video. I’m guessing the guy is a kid so pretty cool seeing kids so into pinball.

#554 2 years ago

You guys are merciless in here. Is there something wrong with me, however, that I actually get a chuckle out of much of it?

#555 2 years ago

STARLICH

#557 2 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

It has been removed so I don't get to see what caused the "oh my"

Imagine if you will.... a glowing marquee adorning the entrance to one of your ramps.... now imagine that same marquee slowing spinning ala PepBoys.

Honestly I’ve seen worse but I think he got called out on those which is why he removed them.

#558 2 years ago

Recently picked up an Indiana Jones. Decided to give it a really nice clean-up. I stripped down the top of the playfield 100% and cleaned/waxed it. Sent all the "mods" to their proper resting place in the landfill. Rebuilt both flippers. All new play field plastics. Replaced all star posts. Found a bi-plane to replace the missing one. New ruins, replaced all lights and flashers with new color matched LED’s. Orange Titan rubbers. Target Decals. New plastic ramp and decal. “Lost” plastic back board. PDI glass. Here are before pics:

This stuff was sitting on top as a "topper"
    IMG-0171 (resized).JPG
    IMG-0172 (resized).JPG
    IMG-0175 (resized).JPG
    IMG-0176 (resized).JPG
    IMG-0177 (resized).JPG
    IMG-0178 (resized).JPG
    IMG-0179 (resized).JPG
    IMG-0181 (resized).JPG
    IMG-0182 (resized).JPG

And After:

IMG-0369 (resized).JPG
    unnamed (resized).jpg

#559 2 years ago

Good work. If you can't change a star post but can add cheap shit garbage "mods" please don't own a pinball machine.

I'm really hating on mods lately.

#560 2 years ago
    Quoted from doublestack:

Good work. If you can't change a star post but can add cheap shit garbage "mods" please don't own a pinball machine.
    I'm really hating on mods lately.

Thx, yeah me too on the mod hating. I mean I get a tasteful mod here and there, thats cool. But all the cheap little trinkets people glue all over the place, ugh!

#561 2 years ago

You could open up a toy store with all that shit.

#562 2 years ago

Hey, I generally agree with you guys, but allow me to retort with this..

IMG20171016201746 (resized).jpg

#563 2 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hey, I generally agree with you guys, but allow me to retort with this..

ugly

#564 2 years ago

Huh? The new drop targets instead of standup targets are ugly?

#565 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Huh? The new drop targets instead of standup targets are ugly?

Oh I was referring to the ACDC rules the rock uni sign.

#566 2 years ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Recently picked up an Indiana Jones. Decided to give it a really nice clean-up. I stripped down the top of the playfield 100% and cleaned/waxed it. Sent all the "mods" to their proper resting place in the landfill. Rebuilt both flippers. All new play field plastics. Replaced all star posts. Found a bi-plane to replace the missing one. New ruins, replaced all lights and flashers with new color matched LED’s. Orange Titan rubbers. Target Decals. New plastic ramp and decal. “Lost” plastic back board. PDI glass. Here are before pics:
    This stuff was sitting on top as a "topper"

And After:

Doesn't it have one too many planes now?

#567 2 years ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Recently picked up an Indiana Jones. Decided to give it a really nice clean-up. I stripped down the top of the playfield 100% and cleaned/waxed it. Sent all the "mods" to their proper resting place in the landfill.

Adding a Crystal Skull to a Williams Indiana Jones is an abomination. He should have just traded his for a Stern Indy.

I do like the extremely lifelike Iron Sheik figurine he added though. It's the little touches that make the difference.

#568 2 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Doesn't it have one too many planes now?

No, it's supposed to have both planes

#569 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh I was referring to the ACDC rules the rock uni sign.

Which is factory.

#570 2 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Which is factory.

Yep

This is also the gamne that has the "dancing band." Easily the most horrid thing from the factory on any machine ever.

YES that's counting the troll from RCT!!!

#571 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

This is also the gamne that has the "dancing band." Easily the most horrid thing from the factory on any machine ever.

Lol, yes. I don't even think a modder would try to invent that as a mod.

#572 2 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Lol, yes. I don't even think a modder would try to invent that as a mod.

You underestimate Lighted Pinball Mods. He would have found a way to stick an LED in a troll and somehow melt him a little bit to make him look like the Toxic Avenger before putting him the game.

#573 2 years ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

No, it's supposed to have both planes

Well, another example of a factory toy that doesn't seem right...

2 weeks later
    #574 1 year ago

How... How does this have anything to do with Stargate?!?! Sure, there's a sarcophagus... but there isn't a single mummy, not even in the movie. Like, this is what Stargate would look like if you were trying to replace all the existing art with clip-art.

IMG_9981 (resized).PNG

#577 1 year ago
    Quoted from bflagg:

That's just awful.

Lighted Pinball Mods for the win! He truly is in a league of his own.

#578 1 year ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Lighted Pinball Mods for the win! He truly is in a league of his own.

Might as well rename this thread, latest shitty mod from Light Pinball Mods, that thing is handcrafted? Looks like about $1 in quality.

Would be great if Pinside added a counter on mod pages so you could see how many mods have sold as well as in stock, I would love to know if anyone is buying his stuff.

#579 1 year ago

Yikes, these are bad too, that Sparky.....I yi yi

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-sparky-and-hammer

#580 1 year ago

Yeah I saw that ad the other day. $750 for a bizarre Predator crossdresser? I mean, it's wearing fishnet stockings.

#581 1 year ago

In stargate, there is a sarcophagus, but only in a few later episodes and is used for keeping the gods rejuvenated/alive

#582 1 year ago

Some mods are awesome and look like they always belonged in the game. Some mods are like the ones in this thread. Ewwww.

#583 1 year ago

How oh how did I miss this glorious thread until now? Finally a club I feel welcome in!

I would like to also draw attention to alternate backglass translights. I have never, ever seen one that is even remotely better than the original art. Please stop.

#584 1 year ago

I'm looking to purchase an Aurich Start Trek Translite and speaker panel if anyone has one they want to sell. Preferably the full kit. Thanks!

#585 1 year ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Some mods are awesome and look like they always belonged in the game. Some mods are like the ones in this thread. Ewwww.

Like for example, the red witch smoke and better looking witch for WOZ.....looks fantastic!

#586 1 year ago

Ha! I was digging around looking for a picture of the red smoke/witch mod for WOZ that is amazing, better than factory! But I found this pic, which is even better. Shows how mods can be fantastic (Red Smoke/Witch Mod) and how they can go horribly wrong (WTF is that green shit on those Trumper-Bumpers?).

ca98d21d9cb41fe94759eb697d6ca00dd909ebe4 (resized).jpg

#587 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinwizkid:

How oh how did I miss this glorious thread until now? Finally a club I feel welcome in!
    I would like to also draw attention to alternate backglass translights. I have never, ever seen one that is even remotely better than the original art. Please stop.

You mean you don't think this looks like it belongs on the game? Surely you jest...

25giftCertificate224x224 (resized).jpg

#588 1 year ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

You mean you don't think this looks like it belongs on the game? Surely you jest...

That's an awesome translite!!!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nsfw-congo-alternative-translite#post-3889632

#589 1 year ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

#590 1 year ago

Only if you compare it to lightedpinballmods various atrocities

#591 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinwizkid:

I like to think the Street Fighter Alt I made was better than Puerto-Rican Chun Li.

SF2Translight (resized).jpg

But yes, in general, most are pretty bad.

#592 1 year ago

Not only is that Congo overly sexualized for mixed company and the girl is an incredibly offensive racial stereotype, the photoshop on those little guys in the bottom corner are horrible. I mean, just how long is this guy's neck?

Congo (resized).JPG

#593 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Not only is that Congo overly sexualized for mixed company and the girl is an incredibly offensive racial stereotype, the photoshop on those little guys in the bottom corner are horrible. I mean, just how long is this guy's neck?

Still, a very fun translite!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nsfw-congo-alternative-translite#post-3889632

#594 1 year ago

What a great thread. Im afraid of what damage I may do removing this.

20170817_092202 (resized).jpg

#595 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

What a great thread. Im afraid of what damage I may do removing this.

Could be worse, it could have LED eyes that light up

1 week later
    1 week later
    #598 1 year ago

Do you think they have it in a bigger size?

6C6DFFC5-5C13-4996-8CD1-ED1DF83EE277 (resized).jpeg

#600 1 year ago

What is with people puking all over their machines with all this overpriced cheap ass garbage? I am going to be ill

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 14.95
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 87.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    $ 179.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 37.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 28.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    There are 672 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside