(Topic ID: 187220)

Mod Removers Club - Getting rid of "mods" one machine at a time.

By lordloss

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    0B9058FA-52F0-4F56-8C5C-1507C73F7CF7 (resized).jpeg
    lotr topppp (resized).jpg
    a30f90eeb2007f9f0ce3ab13d2dda9ceb19bfdd4 (resized).jpg
    wow (resized).jpg
    wow2 (resized).jpg
    20201004_175211~2 (resized).jpg
    279163F6-0863-40DF-BA52-76DCB1542570 (resized).jpeg
    95789930_253530822364110_2942522050570354688_n (resized).png
    96793286_10221998797109660_1843812413447602176_n (resized).jpg
    CA (resized).jpg
    part0-9_1024x1024 (resized).jpg
    afm (resized).jpg
    B25D935D-86FC-487C-A3CF-8A4B4FB0CF3E (resized).jpeg
    5D132F52-C7F9-40AA-9F9A-B5A5C3FC0FD1 (resized).jpeg
    Anais Facepalm.gif

There are 743 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 15.
    #501 6 years ago
    Quoted from doompin:

Opinions on lighted flipper buttons?

They don't suck.

This does though.

IMG_1410 (resized).PNGIMG_1410 (resized).PNG

IMG_1411 (resized).PNGIMG_1411 (resized).PNG

#502 6 years ago

Oh my gosh... something worse than the Twinkee!

#503 6 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Oh my gosh... something worse than the Twinkee!

That life jacket is probably the worst mod I have ever seen.

#504 6 years ago

WOW! I do like to lightly mod my machines but only if it looks factory. Jesus, all that time and wire to light up score cards. REALLY? Here's a tip. Why not spend your time and money and install some B/W braces so your cab doesn't split apart? Protect your machine instead of junking it up with lighted candied crap.

#505 6 years ago
    Quoted from doompin:

The same as under cab lights. Remember when cars started all under lighting neon/led and you were like "that shit looks sweet."
    Cause I don't.

#506 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

The same as under cab lights. Remember when cars started all under lighting neon/led and you were like "that shit looks sweet."
    Cause I don't.

I have under car lighting. It only comes on when you open the door. Don't want your girl to step in a mud puddle and mess up her heels.

#507 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

I have under car lighting. It only comes on when you open the door. Don't want your girl to step in a mud puddle and mess up her heels.

That's not what I'm talking aboot...although it is almost equally horrible. Let me guess...it's something real classy like a mustang symbol?

#508 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

They don't suck.
    This does though.

What the hell am I even looking at?

#509 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Cause I don't.

I sold auto parts for a decade so yeah... that era was effing terrible. I disagree that lighted flipper buttons are anywhere even close to that. For starters Mitsubishi has never made a pinball machine with a chrome fart can and tribal flames on it.

#510 6 years ago

Never forget...

4c6525de19adb93e8f70ac2deb1df5e8308cf955 (resized).png4c6525de19adb93e8f70ac2deb1df5e8308cf955 (resized).png

#511 6 years ago
    Quoted from doompin:

I sold auto parts for a decade so yeah... that era was effing terrible. I disagree that lighted flipper buttons are anywhere even close to that. For starters Mitsubishi has never made a pinball machine with a chrome fart can and tribal flames on it.

Yeah, lit flipper buttons are just whatever. I don't have to look at them while I'm playing. Never would go out of my way to add them though.

#512 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That's not what I'm talking aboot...although it is almost equally horrible. Let me guess...it's something real classy like a mustang symbol?

Believe it or not the Mustang Symbol mud light is actually standard from the factory.....smh!

#513 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

No, just a fog light with a 1156 bulb.

IMG_3386 (resized).PNGIMG_3386 (resized).PNG

1 week later
    #514 6 years ago
    Quoted from doompin:

They are almost as easy to remove as standard ones. And putting standard ones back on is very simple.

#516 6 years ago

I love my TSPP - but this game seems to be one of the most common for "mods". I'm lucky because I found a routed one that was dirty as hell - but it didn't have a hundred lame toys glued and screwed to it.

#517 6 years ago

I love my TSPP - but this game seems to be one of the most common for "mods". I'm lucky because I found a routed one that was dirty as hell - but it didn't have a hundred lame toys glued and screwed to it.

Yeah I haven't seen many examples of TSPP that are not stuff with "ALOT" of mods in the short time I have been looking for a TSPP, found a couple of nice clean factory TSPP but I would like to avoid importing from the US this time around.

But those Kang & Kodos mods had me pinching myself, they don't have any resemblance to the characters at all, just a couple $1 alien/ufo toys with an LED in them and the sellers thinks "well they are Aliens close enough I will call them Kang and Kudos", a new low for lazy ass shitty mods.

#518 6 years ago
    Quoted from doompin:

They're crap.

Heated flipper buttons, however, I could get behind. Perfect for those chilly morning pinball sessions.

#519 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

They're crap.
    Heated flipper buttons, however, I could get behind. Perfect for those chilly morning pinball sessions.

Heated front rails would be even better.

#520 6 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

b-job coin door?

#521 6 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

EVEN better than that, would be a frozen front rail to keep your beers cold.

#522 6 years ago

That's a pincup I'd pay $50 for.

#523 6 years ago
    Quoted from flakeloaf:

That's a pincup I'd pay $50 for.

You can buy micro refrigeration 12 V units for less than $50. Would fit in the bottom of a pin cup and wire into a pin in about 5 minutes. I know this is the haters club but I suspect I will find these for sale for hundreds any day now. Add a couple of LEDs to it and it will be sale for the rock bottom price of $199. I've seen them for less than $30. I do think its a great idea and will probably put one on a pin myself.

1.0x0 (resized).jpg1.0x0 (resized).jpg

#524 6 years ago

I'd feel a lot better putting a peltier cooler in a drink holder than I would in my computer, that's for sure. Sheesh, I remember 1coolPC selling these things in the early 2000s. Nice to see they've gotten no less scary.

#525 6 years ago
    Quoted from flakeloaf:

I'd feel a lot better putting a peltier cooler in a drink holder than I would in my computer, that's for sure. Sheesh, I remember 1coolPC selling these things in the early 2000s. Nice to see they've gotten no less scary.

I hear on that, I would never leave a pin on with one of these hooked up. Home use fire it up and play a few games keep my beer cool and turn it off when I leave I would be fine with. Then again who am I kidding my beer never last long enough to get warm.

#526 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I hear on that, I would never leave a pin on with one of these hooked up. Home use fire it up and play a few games keep my beer cool and turn it off when I leave I would be fine with. Then again who am I kidding my beer never last long enough to get warm.

Yeah if you need wired refrigeration for your beer you aren't doing it right!

#527 6 years ago

Yeah if you need wired refrigeration for your beer you aren't doing it right!

We have a local bar with a refrigerated insert in the bar to set your drink on. I always figured it was a gimmick, because my beers don't last long enough to get warm. Maybe if they combined this with liter beer mugs...

Anyway, I digress. Mods bad... except the ones I like.

1 week later
    #530 6 years ago

Is creech dressed up like a ghost for Halloween?

#531 6 years ago

Not only ugly, but his mods are also expensive as hell.

#532 6 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

This seller is like a hall of fame for awful mods.

I think my favorite (at least thats been featured here in this thread) so far is the melted fishing bob with an LED crammed into it for the low price of $49.99. SNL would be hard pressed to make up a more ridiculous gag product.

#533 6 years ago

I am coming around to the concept of minimal mods... Tron was the first pin I tried to mod and there were so many cool mods (Eli's ramp kit and the arcade mod) I kinda got hooked on mods. What I have realized is that most mods aren't that cool. As for me now, I enjoy colordmd and speaker light kits with game appropriate acrylics and, for the remainder of the mods, I really try to keep it cool ones that should have been there from the factory --> like the flashing lightning bolts on ACDC. I hate to say it (my wife keeps trying to get me to embrace this idea) but "more is not necessarily better"...

#534 6 years ago

I think we have a new top contender, all for the low low price of $69.99 plus $8.00 shipping. This was a serious WTF moment for me...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01300-aerosmith-as-glowing-baseball-bat-led-mod-

#535 6 years ago

That thing reminds me of those wax juice bottles.

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

#536 6 years ago

I've never been big on mods myself except when I had TronLE those cheap factory arcade and light cycles had to go. Now I'm to the point of ripping LEDs out and putting incandescent bulbs in.

But one mod I applaud for the effort (not that I'll be installing one) is Mike's Mr. Miyagi shooter rod.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mr-miyagi-karate-themed-shooter-rod

#537 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

But one mod I applaud for the effort (not that I'll be installing one) is Mike's Mr. Miyagi shooter rod.

I like the daniel one and wait to see his mashed in face after you slam the plunger in for a few months.

#538 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've never been big on mods myself except when I had TronLE those cheap factory arcade and light cycles had to go. Now I'm to the point of ripping LEDs out and putting incandescent bulbs in.

Okay those are creepy as hell.

#539 6 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I think we have a new top contender, all for the low low price of $69.99 plus $8.00 shipping. This was a serious WTF moment for me...
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01300-aerosmith-as-glowing-baseball-bat-led-mod-

It's the same seller as before...

#540 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Oh I know. I knew as soon as I saw the picture and how head scratchingly bad it looked I didn't even need to read who it was from. I think he just upped...or really lowered his game....as the case may be.

#541 6 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Okay those are creepy as hell.

Originally it was only the Miyagi shooter rod and it was funny as hell. That Daniel-son is a little creepy.

#542 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Nothing says Aerosmith like baseball.

#543 6 years ago

What’s next, light up cigarette butts?

#544 6 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I think we have a new top contender

Maybe he should market it as a light up pilsner instead. He'd have to move the head to the other end, though.

Quoted from Rascal_H:

What’s next, light up cigarette butts?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aurich-has-brought-new-sht-to-lght

#545 6 years ago

Seriously.... who does that?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#546 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Pinsiders

#547 6 years ago

OK Google, search "model trucks and airplanes that don't look like the ones used in any movie ever".

I'm lovin the tie wraps, too.

Cause you know, I'm totally an expert at model-making, mounting and artistic presentation . /s

#548 6 years ago

yeah those look pretty bad, but the T1000 is pretty great.

#549 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Terminator-2-T2-Pinball-T1000-Interactive-Chrome-Edition-mod-/282433251306?hash=item41c25567ea:g:b~EAAOSwA29Y36lo

How about taking a fairly decent mod and shoving some LEDS in it and making it looks like a piece of cheap crap!

Check out the other auctions for the helicopter featured in the picture and a matchbox police car with......drum roll...... red and blue flashing lights. I apologise on behalf of the English pinball community for these pinball abominations.

There are 743 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mod-removers-club-getting-rid-of-mods-one-machine-at-a-time/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.