untitled (resized).png
not sure what it is, but I like it (resized).jpg
Scoreboard tower, but not cardboard (resized).jpg
Swampfirre (resized).jpg
76ball7 (resized).jpg
IMG_3853 (resized).JPG
IMG_3860 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

So I kind of like this game, but I despise the Test Car and the left ramp through the big ass semi-truck. The truck is huge and pretty lame IMO.

I want to relocate the opto board (near proximity) and possibly extend the crowd or replace the back graphics altogether. I have not been able to come up with a solution for the semi though. Whatever it is could be a considerably smaller footprint. Maybe some representation of the pit or a garage. Maybe wall graphics and other things seen at a Nascar race (Not a Nascar fan, so I have to go on what I see in pics)

As for the Test Car. I have ordered various 1/43 through 1/50 scale stock cars and plan to follow Swampfire's and others lead. Elevating it on a Plexi or Lexan plate to take the impact.

Lastly I think the decals on the ramps could be improved. Yellow is okay, but they just look simple. They could block a little more of the light from below the ramps too.

I cant recall which Pinsider, but I liked there idea to mount a 76 Ball (sign) , so I ordered it.

I already did Hooked on Pinball's Hurst shooter rod mod and think it looks great.

Mezlemods, Modfather or maybe You. Lets mod my (and yours) NASCAR Pinball Machine.

IMG_3860 (resized).JPGIMG_3860 (resized).JPGIMG_3853 (resized).JPGIMG_3853 (resized).JPG76ball7 (resized).jpg76ball7 (resized).jpgSwampfirre (resized).jpgSwampfirre (resized).jpg

Scoreboard tower, but not cardboard (resized).jpgScoreboard tower, but not cardboard (resized).jpg

not sure what it is, but I like it (resized).jpgnot sure what it is, but I like it (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Where is the thread for the Test Car swap? I have a Nascar and will be watching this post. I agree that Truck could be better.

#3 6 years ago

Here ya go. Swampfire's test car replacement thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-the-test-car-on-nascar

The two screws on top of the test car are the only thing you have to remove. Pretty easy, the problem is keeping the car from getting beat to crap.

If that opto board on the truck was relocated, the replacement could be 6"-7" instead of 12" wide. Back would look better more open IMO anyway.

#4 6 years ago

For the semi, you could go with a pit area or a garage area. You could also look at some of the more famous tracks and go with the main entrance area. Or you could keep the semi and make it look like some of the semi's that transport the cars to the tracks. It would be a specific driver, but would look better.

#5 6 years ago

Hook's or your own rpm gauge hooked to the spinner would work as well

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

For the semi, you could go with a pit area or a garage area.

To me this makes the most sense, but it has to hide the motor and the spinning cars. Hitting a car is how you move up in the race and I believe it deflects the ball back into the pit or atleast thru it. (Still new, so not familiar with all the rules.

I was looking at slot car scenery to try and get ideas, but not having too much luck. Tracks seem to be pretty open, so not a lot of buildings.

#7 6 years ago

You could do something like this

untitled (resized).pnguntitled (resized).png

Daytona

#8 6 years ago

Humm a Hurst shifter shooter rod and plate along with a tach would be a nice touch.

http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/c14/NASCAR.html

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Humm a Hurst shifter shooter rod and plate along with a tach would be a nice touch.
http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/c14/NASCAR.html
» YouTube video

I've already added the shooter rod and plate. Looks great.

#10 6 years ago

If there were a way to add dialogue from Talledega Nights into the game, that would be incredible.

#11 6 years ago

Found my test car. This thing is solid as a rock. The 1/43 diecast weighs 3.2 oz, The pewter 1/43 weighs 11.5 oz. Durability should be like a rock.

Having a few board issues that I am working out before I get to car and semi mods.

Test Car on Steroids (resized).JPGTest Car on Steroids (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mod-my-nascar-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.