(Topic ID: 274038)

MOD MEDIEVAL MADNESS PINBALL MACHINE MISSING PLASTIC ENTRY!!

By Westsiderkg

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_20200814_115305 (resized).jpg
ca36d0f35b62eac58ed25d24bc7cd0271cfb9e02 (resized).jpg
adfab13a9d83bf82ee095660c9772efd37cfc1d6 (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (80) (resized).jpg
thumbnail_Resized_20200728_140602 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_20200808_133405 (resized).jpg
20200815_082347 (resized).jpg
20200815_082937 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Mod - for sale

MOD MEDIEVAL MADNESS PINBALL MACHINE MISSING PLASTIC ENTRY!!

Added: 2020-07-27 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 3 times (October 26th, 2020) • Ended: December 7th, 2020
Condition: New (selling multiple, business)

Price

$ 39 (Firm)

Price is firm

Medieval Madness Pinball Machine Missing Drawbridge Moat Entry Gate Center Lane Playfield Plastic Cover Part above left troll target. Condition is New.

Hello fellow Medieval Madness enthusiasts!!!

If you’re like me, you LOVE your Medieval Madness Pinball Machine...arguably the best game of all time...so treat it as such with this high quality, MUST HAVE, custom handmade modification.

One thing Williams (original MM) and Chicago Gaming Company (MMR, MMRLE, MMRSE, MMRRE) forgot was the finishing touch above the left troll target, yes, the missing plastic art piece. That nasty, plain Jane, stainless steel plate staring right at you every time you seek to destroy the beautiful castle, YUK! It matches nothing in the playfield, is a major eyesore, and creates a ugly break in the playfields artwork and symmetry.

Well, here's your solution. I'm hand crafting a limited-time, very low production run of playfield plastics to cover this unsightly high visibility spot. I'm ONLY using high quality and impact resistant polycarbonate, to factory specs, full of beautiful and bursting color, crisp lines, and the real depth of a professionally manufactured piece. Again, these are handmade, not a huge production run! Each unit I produce has its own character due to this time-consuming process.

Yes, these will fit original Williams and all Chicago Gaming Company Remakes including Standard, Classic, Limited, Special, and Royal Edition models.

Of course huge parts factories can make playfield plastics for less, but please consider I already researched this and the best price I could source was a company which would only produce 2000 minimum units at a time! That's some major coin to output and an unrealistic solution since who needs that many pieces (other than perhaps CGC) and not that many MM owners MOD in the first place.

If you have the tools, materials, skill, and time to reproduce this for less then I commend you, but be advised that high quality parts are challenging to source and at a minimum you will need to obtain a PETG sheet, clear coat, high quality laser decal paper, etc. You will also likely pay separate shipping costs on each item, from each supplier, so shipping alone will be killer. From there you will need to have the proper tools, skills, and time. So, if you like to work on things, I get it, but again if the plan is to make 1 unit by itself the cost of shipping various supplies alone will surpass this Ads asking price, so why bother? Truthfully, the only way I can keep costs down is to make small batches of these in very limited production runs.

To see what remaining options are out there, check out the exceedingly thin and cheap, generic, super low resolution graphic with faded and dull color palates pictured below. These imitations are sold on ebay and by all other 3rd market sellers on the web. AVOID THESE FAKE BOOTLEG STICKERS AT ALL COSTS, YOUR THROWING $40 DOWN THE DRAIN BUYING THEM, 100% GARBAGE! (see bad, wrinkled up sticker photo in ad below). Again, I'm NOT making these for financial gain, but rather for my love of pinball, so I am trying my best to keep costs down by matching the garbage sticker kit price and so I can help other MM owners avoid spending their money on cheap decals.

My piece is a very simple 1 minute install. Remove your playfield glass, remove the two screws on the stainless steel center lane, install your new playfield piece! No risk and unlike the stickers above there is no messy adhesive with my kit.

After going down the path of "sticker" disappointment mentioned above, I made it my personal mission to offer a fantastic, high quality solution that one of the best pinball machines of all time truly deserves, and in return deserves the best parts too, so do it justice and purchase this MOD. Any other version out there will result in huge disappointments and will likely devalue your investment. YOUR MM MACHINE WILL THANK YOU!!!

So don't miss this limited opportunity. Once the limited inventory is used up these are likely gone forever. Price is $39 PLUS $9 for S&H conus. Will ship International to most countries for $5 additional.

IF INTERESTED PM ME AND DON'T FORGET TO SEND ME YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS.

Thanks and I hope all my pinball buddies out there stay well so we can get back to supporting our local arcades very soon. Take care and be safe!!!

NOTE - FIRST FEW PICTURES SHOW THE ADDITIONAL, NOT INCLUDED, NEON YELLOW PLASTIC PROTECTOR AND THE EXPLOSION PLASTICS LIGHTED FOR ADDED AFFECT. BUYERS ONLY RECEIVE THE TOP EXPLOSION PLASTIC IN THIS SALE. THANK YOU AND SORRY, I DON'T HAVE THE NEON PLASTIC PROTECTORS FOR SALE.

Item photos

20200815_082937 (resized).jpg
20200815_082347 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_20200814_115305 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_20200808_133405 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_Resized_20200728_140602 (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (80) (resized).jpg
adfab13a9d83bf82ee095660c9772efd37cfc1d6 (resized).jpg
ca36d0f35b62eac58ed25d24bc7cd0271cfb9e02 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Westsiderkg's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Westsiderkg's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Pittsburgh, PA, US

2 weeks later
#2 3 years ago

Just received this plastic. It looks they way the game should have been. Must have for any MM (or MMr) owner.

#3 3 years ago

Nice mod but for 50 bucks.....holy moly. They don’t look screen printed or even lazer cut. The holes look odd too .

I’m out

1 month later
#4 3 years ago

Wow, that’s pricey man. I like it, but damn.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Nice mod but for 50 bucks.....holy moly. They don’t look screen printed or even lazer cut. The holes look odd too .
I’m out

Correct. Respectfully, and again, try making one yourself. You will pay shipping for multiple parts from multiple vendors, thus far exceeding the price of this, also not taking into account your time and tools needed. I tried to keep costs as low as possible for this project, including matching the garbage sticker kits price. For me = best reasonable solution. Tks.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Wow, that’s pricey man. I like it, but damn.

Again, see above. Shipping alone is killer!!!

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I’m out

Respectfully, your assessment from 10,000 feet is incorrect. These are exactly the same quality as OEM. Kindly, I would greatly appreciate not continuing to debate the cost of this. Please read the ad details. You can try to make them yourself too, but you will see that unless you make a reasonable amount it will cost you much more than $40 to make 1 at a time. Thank you.

#8 3 years ago

I’m another satisfied customer of this mod and have no issues with the cost, especially bc the quality is very high, it looks factory. I’m glad the op offered this for those who want it.

1 week later
#10 3 years ago
Quoted from JimFNB:

I’m another satisfied customer of this mod and have no issues with the cost, especially bc the quality is very high, it looks factory. I’m glad the op offered this for those who want it.

2nd, 3rd - what ever - mine is on and looks great. As stated previously- I never noticed this area..until I saw this thread/item for sale - couldn't un-do that...but once its on, I don't understand why it was left off in the first place? This fits/looks great! Thanks!

#11 3 years ago

Thanks nikrok2! Image if there's another remake cgc will catch on....take care.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

I don't understand why it was left off in the first place?

Old school industry term for those is "light shields." No light or cavity there, so no shield needed. Definitely looks better with one, though.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Old school industry term for those is "light shields." No light or cavity there, so no shield needed. Definitely looks better with one, though.

Check out some of my other posts on the MMR thread. I was able to sssqqqeeeeeeze a LED strip in there to light it. Tight, but works and helps create artwork symmetry in the middle of the playfield.

If anyone wants one, drop me a line. I am down to my last batch. I am doing one final run of 20 pieces, then I am hanging it up, just too much effort.

3 weeks later
#14 3 years ago

what's the yellow underneath...Protectors?

If so, where did you buy them? thx

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

what's the yellow underneath...Protectors?
If so, where did you buy them? thx

Yes, made them, custom. Thanks.

1 month later
#16 3 years ago

!!! - BLACK FRIDAY SALE - !!! 10% OFF regular price of $40. Making 1 small batch for the holidays by request (producing them helps me get away from the mother-in-law, lol). Sale Price Monday, 11/23 thru this Sunday only. Get one before they are gone! Happy Thanksgiving.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

(producing them helps me get away from the mother-in-law, lol).

Shouldn't the discount be much larger then?

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Shouldn't the discount be much larger then?

Ha, so true.....

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mod-medieval-madness-pinball-machine-missing-plastic-entry?hl=loganjk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.