(Topic ID: 316839)

UPDATE - NOW RESOLVED (Mod Couple won’t answer damaged merchandise)

By King-Agricola

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 256 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by P1nhead
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
giphy (4).gif
BA7AF273-BD33-41D6-BAF8-8D81CA01FB49 (resized).png
3839B648-ACCD-4FFA-A6B5-F1FBE5249DF3 (resized).jpeg
8FBE3508-B6A2-46B5-BCAC-CB650B8CE553 (resized).jpeg
yelobird (resized).png
Triggered-4owbaw (resized).png
9CF41275-C4C1-43FF-8FBE-A306DE2ED611 (resized).jpeg
3 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
F823A73B-27A6-4610-85B1-6F071036A474 (resized).jpeg
92E483E5-1A97-4EE0-B71A-E8C39DDF50B9 (resized).jpeg
E0FC57EF-4EA4-42D8-B4CD-A1694DCCB219 (resized).jpeg
7EDF03E2-C9EC-4DD6-8F78-70A7BF8AD311 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

Same exact experience when I got my BM 66 about 6 months ago. Didn't make a post, but bought a crapton of their mods. Atomic pile was broken in 3 spots. No response whatsoever to several emails. I figured it was my bad for buying these fragile mods and expecting anything different. I just don't order from them anymore due to the lack of support, response and service.

Atomic Pile is the best mod for Batman'66. It's the first one I bought. It's a shame you had a broken one and couldn't get a replacement. I have no idea what happened in the OPs case or yours, but I do know that sometimes my ISP (charter) will just not deliver email at all if it thinks its spam. No spam box, no junk mail warning, just never gets to me. That's created some issues occasionally with pinmonk support. Also, if I get buried, shipping on the hot items and response times to emails are stretched out for a long time.

Every interaction I've had with the Mod Couple and Yelobird specifically has been good, so I can't imagine them letting the OPs problem linger now that they're back from vacation.

1 week later
#41 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

I haven't ordered from Mod Couple but he does do some creative stuff.
I will chime in on the 3d printed gear comment as it is very general just in case you are not aware of all the types of 3d printed quality gear. Really any 3d printing done on a home printer is subject to breaks, failure and integrity breakdown over the years from heat etc. While I have a home 3d printer I only use it for testing / proof of concept and then send out everything to be professionally printed, which is laser bound solid nylon, which is extremely strong and durable but one downside is it is not cheap.
I agree Stern use 3d printing to sample designs to get something right and then off for molding in rubber etc which is what you would hope for the volume and cost of the machines.
Not sure if the Mod Couple ever had a facebook but it is now empty.

Most of my stuff is underneath the playfield, so no airball issues, but I have transitioned to PETG pretty much exclusively and I usually use at least 70% infill. The only breaks I've ever had was during my short stint with coil stop-mounted 3D printed brackets. That was a teaching moment. There's a LOT of sustained force and vibration that hits coil stops continuously. Much stronger and more damaging than I imagined, so I had to go back to side-mounted brackets parallel to the forces. But aside from that, and a handful of layer defect prints, no issues.

I had Yelobird 's Atomic Pile mod early on Batman '66 SLE on location and had zero issues with any part of it breaking. It got a lot of play, and once I was called to the location to remove a trapped ball from the top of it, so there were airballs happening. I don't think it's an unstable mod, unless the parameters of print or material have changed since the one I got. Stern's impressionist pile is so atrociously ugly, I can't imagine leaving it.

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

It's been a learning process for me, but 3D printing does have advantages over resin mods, and vice-versa. I've done clay sculpt/resin as well (IJ PoA rails), and prefer 3D printing for a few reasons--one of the main ones being precision when it comes to fitting within fractions of a millimeter.

Your bomb-ass results are hard to argue with. Each set you do is better than the last.

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Has anyone alerted Yelobird of the issue yet ? He’s usually pretty active on here - very rational and easy to deal with. I’m sure this is easy to resolve.

Putting Yelobird in posts makes an alert that links to this thread when he gets on, so there have been a number of posts with that @ call alerting him to this thread already.

EDIT: I hope something isn't seriously wrong with him or his family. Quickly perusing, it looks like his last post activity was here 5 months ago, and there are no mods at all on his site for Mandalorian, Godzilla, RUSH, or Toy Story - the last 4 pins released, which is weird. Seems like he came to a halt on pinside at the end of Jan, beginning of Feb, with just occasional logins since, but that's it.

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Without closure or at least an explanation I will not support a company that ignores after the sale. 3 weeks along with multiple logins here points to nefarious reasons.

No new mods in 2022 and 5 months of zero pinside posting/activity points to something outside pinside going on that maybe they don't want to share. This is clearly not solely a customer service issue. Whatever they're dealing with, I hope they can manage it ok. The OP was taken care of, contact was made, the most important things were handled. I wish them well in working through whatever's going on in their lives outside pinside.

#97 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

I agree that I hope for them personally everything is well but my money may be spent elsewhere. It’s not personal, as text can seem that way. I’m sure op didn’t have to wait 3 weeks for the money to be accepted. That’s the rub.

When you're drowning (and I have no personal knowledge they are, just for example), your focus is on not drowning. There are life events that may happen that become all-consuming or cause paralyzing depression or any number of other things that make it hard to do anything out of a basic routine. Money comes in, they ship stuff out. Maybe they can only handle the bare minimum and any additional issues like broken items are too much to deal with right now. All we know is we don't know, and the OP was taken care of in this case. Yelobird's been on here for like 18 years and has been a huge contributor to the site over a long period of time. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt while he works through whatever he needs to get through.

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I worry about Pinbits. They are older and disappeared during the covid shut downs. I do hope they are all right.
LTG : )

Went off the rails from what I heard from someone who knew them well. She got obsessed with Q/conspiracy theory nonsense and it took over everything and Pinbits was a casualty. Pretty sad.

#129 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Pam got obsessed with conspiracy theories and that took them down? Really?

Yeah, it was (is? This was about a year or so ago I heard) hardcore obsession from what I heard. Didn't want to do anything else except read about more Q nonsense and the latest ridiculous conspiracy theory. Wouldn't listen to reason. Totally destroyed their Pinbits business for no good reason. From what I was told Martin wasn't as into it, or maybe not into it at all, but couldn't pull her out of it. Again, sad.

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Damn. Martin was such a top notch engineer. I spoke with both over quite a few calls. Great folks. That makes me sad. I thought they just retired.

I don't know them personally, the other person that told me did. From what they told me she was beyond reason and didn't care about pinbits anymore - a pretty depressing situation for Martin. I don't think he was into the Q/conspiracy thing. It's not an isolated type case. Lots of people have thrown reason to the wind and are all-in on being part of Q, no matter how destructive or ridiculous it is. That's a bummer no matter who the person that's trapped is.

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I really hope you know the details of their situation and not just spreading gossip.

I've said the outlines of what I was told. There's more but I've said enough. I have no reason to disbelieve the person that told me since they knew them well. Why would I make that up? There's no advantage in it for me personally - I never even ordered from them to my knowledge. But at least now people have an idea why Pinbits dropped off the face of the planet so abruptly. I didn't know it was still a mystery to most people.

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Im sure you didn't "make it up" but your claiming that someone researched Q and just lost interest in the world (of pinball anyway). Sounds a little "MSM exaggeration like" to me. I wouldn't post something about someone that was told to you by a friend of a friend etc. No offense meant towards you though!

It was not relayed from a friend of a friend to me, there was literally one degree of separation, and the person that told me is beyond reproach and also has no reason to make stuff up. Also, funny you should mention MSM, but that was in there, too, as well as a bunch of political insanity, etc, but it was all related. And yes, there are PLENTY of Americans that sadly have dropped out from functional society because they believe the crazy stuff out there with Q and conspiracy theories of government and politics that make no sense to anyone that examines them critically. But that's all I'm saying about this. I only said it to let people know what happened when Pinbits name came up so it made a little more sense. I didn't intend for it to turn into a sub-subject. This has nothing to do with The Mod Couple.

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

The conspiracy theory about pinbits believing a conspiracy theory to point where they have transcended the need for money is pure gold. I never skipped work when I believed in a conspiracy or two

Congratulations on your fortitude. Others are not as strong as you. Reddit r/QAnonCasualties has some firsthand stories that may give you perspective different from your personal conspiracy-resistant (aka normal) experience. It's a support group with over 200k members that documents spouses, parents, siblings and friends completely sucked into conspiracies and Q nonsense and blowing up their lives to stay in that state.

#231 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I've been tracking the up-down vote ratio to my comments in this thread. I'm pretty happy.

I get most excited by downvotes. I want to know who and imagine why - unless it's from dingleberry, because that's just what he does, so I know the why. I do miss my downs from ding.

#233 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I have a dingleberry fan club. He makes a crowd of one but he's consistent.

What happened to him? One day he was merrily downvoting my posts as usual, and then one April day in 2021...nothing. Hasn't been on in over a year.

#235 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Mine is still here. We must have different dingleberrys.
Lol

Weird. I only see two dingle pinsiders: dingleberry and dingle_boys, and dingleberry is MIA.

#240 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Pinmonk….wanted to say I’m sorry if I got too caught up with our back and forth. I know you had nothing but good intentions.

I have an extraordinary thick skin from years of publishing video games and hearing everyone's grievances, no matter how petty, so no worries. If I was really put out I wouldn't have seen this.

#244 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

PinMonk,
You have also been one hell of an asset to this community. And I'm not talking about your mods or the products you make and sell. I'm talking about how helpful you have been, and are, with the entire community. Time and time again, I see you all over Pinside helping people with excellent advice and not expecting anything in return. Sometimes I think you don't get all the credit and recognition that you deserve.
You and I had a run-in a long time ago that I thought was unfair and unjust to me. It was easy for me to move past it seeing all of the good you do.
Carry on my friend

Well, thanks. Wasn't expecting that. The problem I have is I am extremely helpful by nature, but I have a threadbare filter between my brain and mouth, so I will bluntly say what some people would not. My family is used to it, the general public is often wholly unprepared. It's more blunt than abusive, but it can be a shock.

I don't remember our run-in, so I have no idea what it was about, but I was probably wearing my black T-shirt with bold white "UNFAIR" on the front and "UNJUST" on the back. The outcome was therefore a foregone conclusion.

Thanks again for the unsolicited nice post!

#247 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Wouldn't work i spose, we'd just tell the tree hugging feelgood hippies to fuck off and save some fragile people.

See, I don't even categorize people. I just say what needs to be said to whoever. I don't TRY to be offensive, but sometimes I do offend. I'd like to think that's somewhat rare, but it's just the world according to me and sometimes there's a perspective clash that results in sparks.

Keeping this on topic... @yelobird's a good guy. 18 years on here and he's helped plenty of people, too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 34.99
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mod-couple-wont-answer-damaged-merchandise-refund?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.