(Topic ID: 316839)

UPDATE - NOW RESOLVED (Mod Couple won’t answer damaged merchandise)

By King-Agricola

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 256 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by P1nhead
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
giphy (4).gif
BA7AF273-BD33-41D6-BAF8-8D81CA01FB49 (resized).png
3839B648-ACCD-4FFA-A6B5-F1FBE5249DF3 (resized).jpeg
8FBE3508-B6A2-46B5-BCAC-CB650B8CE553 (resized).jpeg
yelobird (resized).png
Triggered-4owbaw (resized).png
9CF41275-C4C1-43FF-8FBE-A306DE2ED611 (resized).jpeg
3 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
F823A73B-27A6-4610-85B1-6F071036A474 (resized).jpeg
92E483E5-1A97-4EE0-B71A-E8C39DDF50B9 (resized).jpeg
E0FC57EF-4EA4-42D8-B4CD-A1694DCCB219 (resized).jpeg
7EDF03E2-C9EC-4DD6-8F78-70A7BF8AD311 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#91 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

I’ve purchased numerous items including the Atomic Pile and one things for sure, its a “pile” of something alright. One airball hit and it was toast. 3D printed items don’t last long in a pinball environment. Rocks around batmobile, also ball destroyed. Stern’s stock atomic pile is so much better lit and functioning as well. The lure of the show atomic pile is strong, but save your money and stay with Stern’s stock and you’ll be glad you did. Modcouple 3D printed items are not very good quality wise, even though they try hard to make them nice. It’s not their fault, but issue is with 3D printing, even though they have some cool designs usually. Grandpa Munster one airball only destroyed him. Don’t flush your money down the 3D printed junk hole. There is a reason Stern does not do anything 3D printed.

Gotta agree with you on the Atomic Pile Jimmy. I had to take it off and put the original back on. To fragile.

That’s said, I like Dave/Yelobird. Doesn’t sound like him to ignore this. Edit: there you go.

Have a pretty good idea why he would be done with Pinside posting and some of the inhabitants

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No new mods in 2022 and 5 months of zero pinside posting/activity points to something outside pinside going on that maybe they don't want to share. This is clearly not solely a customer service issue. Whatever they're dealing with, I hope they can manage it ok. The OP was taken care of, contact was made, the most important things were handled. I wish them well in working through whatever's going on in their lives outside pinside.

If I’m guessing what’s going on, their lives outside of Pinside are fine and happier now that he’s not here posting.

I’m thinking the Deeproot BS has something to do with it. Don’t blame him

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

No offense, but why exactly are you/others who are not involved “owed” and explanation?
Unless you have something tied up in this financially, I don’t see how you or anyone else is “owed” anything.
Maybe the answer is something that’s none of anybody business that’s not involved.

This^^^^

Anyone else have an issue or just this one guy that is happy now?

The horror of what just happened? FFS

The mob mentality doesn’t help anything except drive good people like Yelobird away

#115 1 year ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I agree with that. A mob was whipped up by the op. Did people believe such a well known vendor was ripping people off?

Of course he wasn’t. If you have been on Pinside for any length of time then you know what kind of guy he is

Same as the Deeproot thread. Guy was treated like garbage. I assume that’s why he’s gone

#131 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, Yelobird took a lot of shit when Deeproot finally collapsed, including probably at least a bit from me, and rightly so.
If that kept him off Pinside, or caused him to lose a bit of passion for pinball, then that's a shame. But if you followed the deeproot thread / saga from the beginning, then you know exactly why he took flack for some of the super pro-deeproot stuff, and also misleading stuff that he posted over there.

What was misleading that he did? Buy a game? Say that he wanted a pin after paying for it?

Wasn’t his fault and it doesn’t give people the right to act like jackasses although that’s the way people are these days and why it doesn’t bother me.

What a crock of BS

#140 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Well, Ice you have a very selective memory then! As always, I'm glad to see you around, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna push back at your version of events. So, let me remind you how Yelobird was misleading.
During the pre-order window, Yelobird was very vocal and encouraged people to buy games. He specifically mentioned that he had personally ordered multiple RAZAs and paid-in-full too. Then after deeproot fell apart, he denied having ordered multiple games, and said he only ordered one, and claimed to have been lying when he said he ordered multiple games and paid the full invoices. Very weird and misleading behavior. This is all on-the-record in the deeproot thread, if you care to check the facts.
So yeah, that's reason enough to give him at least a bit of shit.
I'll also add, that he had a perpetual "This is fine, this is all fine" attitude right up until the SEC investigation came to light. Then he went silent for weeks, until he came back crowing about how he had managed to get refunded his RAZA deposit from his credit card company or bank (can't remember which). Even though plenty of people had lost their deposits at that point, and plenty more who thought they were gonna get chargebacks eventually lost their cases. Possibly, even Yelobird too. But who knows, because he disappeared from the RAZA thread after that.
So again, a bit more reason to give him shit. If one was so inclined. I don't hold Yelobird accountable for what Robert or deeproot did, but I can and do hold him responsible for his own words and actions.

Did you lose a deposit? Of course Yelobird accepts his own bed made. I don’t hear any excuses from him or anybody else.

To all that I say “so F ing what”!

Now, for all you perfect individuals I get it’s tough to see someone else make a mistake and sit in your holier than thou judgment

And until the SEC jumped in, which NOBODY knew the extent including the employees of DR, well we all got to see the PFs, cabinets, parts, tools, materials, prototypes and full blown set up of $$$ wasted.

The tragedy is what happened to the unknowing investors. Not getting a game?

Again, who cares and so F ing what! I’m happy the whole ordeal provided a high level of entertainment for you

We aren’t mindless children here. People make their OWN decisions FFS. I could care less what anyone else does/did or doesn’t/didn’t do.

Just like Toy Story now. You might think it’s a rip off. Someone else might love it, be excited about talking about it.

So later when it goes down in value by $2k who are you going to blame? Someone else right?

Like I said, a total crock of BS

I was “cheerleading” the F out of it because I wanted it to succeed. And def not “rather subdued”. From day one my disdain for Mueller was clear. Did I think he was a criminal? Nobody did to that extent

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it

Oh, and head back over to the DR thread, they need help solving puzzles

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Did you lose a deposit? Of course Yelobird accepts his own bed made. I don’t hear any excuses from him or anybody else.
To all that I say “so F ing what”!
Now, for all you perfect individuals I get it’s tough to see someone else make a mistake and sit in your holier than thou judgment
And until the SEC jumped in, which NOBODY knew the extent including the employees of DR, well we all got to see the PFs, cabinets, parts, tools, materials, prototypes and full blown set up of $$$ wasted.
The tragedy is what happened to the unknowing investors. Not getting a game?
Again, who cares and so F ing what! I’m happy the whole ordeal provided a high level of entertainment for you
We aren’t mindless children here. People make their OWN decisions FFS. I could care less what anyone else does/did or doesn’t/didn’t do.
Just like Toy Story now. You might think it’s a rip off. Someone else might love it, be excited about talking about it.
So later when it goes down in value by $2k who are you going to blame? Someone else right?
Like I said, a total crock of BS
I was “cheerleading” the F out of it because I wanted it to succeed. And def not “rather subdued”. From day one my disdain for Mueller was clear. Did I think he was a criminal? Nobody did to that extent
So stick that in your pipe and smoke it
Oh, and head back over to the DR thread, they need help solving puzzles

Finally, have a nice day!!

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well we can agree to disagree

You might have a point there Law!

#152 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Uh, did you mean to quote me? Most of the stuff you're talking about has nothing to do with me, or anything that I've written or said. Feels like you might be railing against others and are lumping me in.
You asked me what Yelobird did to mislead people in the deeproot thread, and I explained exactly how he misled people. I never claimed that he should have known the extent of Robert's illegalities, nor do I hold making the mistake of going in on a game against him. I nearly went in on a RAZA myself, so I could have easily been a deeproot victim too.
Also, for what it's worth. I really like JJP's Toy Story. Too expensive, but a lot of fun.

I’m not lumping you in Mike. I don’t know how he misled people or why it matters unless you are saying he lied about buying 2 Raza’s and paying in full?

I’m wondering why he would make that up, to entice more people to buy in? Why? He doesn’t strike me as that kind of guy. A good dude.

I was an original Jpop victim like so many others and was around for the free game credit. So Jpop got some of my $$$ long ago. And I let it go long ago. Some people can’t and never will even those that weren’t involved.

I’m glad you missed out on Raza

I’m just surmising that’s why he isn’t around anymore? It’s ancient history

Onward and upward. Agree with you on Toy Story Looks fun!

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Wow you are so classy. These people are elderly people who were great suppliers and known to be great people in general. They haven’t been active so can’t defend themselves or their reasons for getting out of the business and this is how we are going to talk about them? What a vicious group mentality. Wow

“Vicious group mentality”. A “triggered mob”

Pin Monk puts it out there as to what he heard. It’s heresay. Take it for fwiw

Then the “triggered mob” runs with it.

This is just what happens on “social media”, including Pinside

Perfect people that love to sit in judgment of others.

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Can we get back to Deeproot please.
[quoted image]

Have you solved the puzzles yet?

Maybe it’s the Q crowd playing tricks

I’m sure Bobby is a member

Let us know when you figure it out

#169 1 year ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I’ll just say this, if I ever disappear I’ll be in Maui scooping ice cream on the road to Hana.

Hell yes!!!!

#181 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Yelobird is 100% a good standup guy. I have ordered from him before too and had zero issues. The whole deeproot thing was embarrassing and he should have felt maybe more (for lack of a better word) "ashamed" for it than he did. Our friend Ice feels the need to defend that whole thing because he was also there blindly ignoring what was apparent from day 1 about deeproot. No hard feelings to either of those guys for that debacle but come on fellas, it was pretty funny to have fallen for that. I almost would believe Q before I believed that deeproot was a legit company lol

That’s his problem if he feels “shame” and I’m done defending him. He can defend himself.

And the hyperbole and exaggeration of saying things in hindsight like “it was apparent from day one” is a joke but then again YOU are better and smarter than the rest of us. So I get it.

Including the $57 million of investor money that it wasn’t apparent to.

Funny to have fallen for a free credit for a Raza? How’s that work?

Typical of the mob just ignoring the facts and trying to deny what we all got to see with our own eyes.

In the end a disaster that NOBODY knew the extent of it.

But yeah, we saw all the cabs, parts, PFs, prototypes of Raza, future games in some state of progress, machinery etc

Employees from across the industry. Yep, we “fell for it”. I’m so ashamed

You got us!!! Congrats.

#191 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

The worlds biggest idiot could have seen through the deeproot thing. I don't think anyone here thinks you or Yelo are dumb people. I most certainly don't. In fact, I'd wager both of you are way smarter than I am. Particularly you Ice. Look, we get it, we know you guys have enough money where you could have taken the chance and hoped for the best and it would be no big deal. I don't think IQ really played into it. It was just......odd? I don't know. I don't want to further derail this thread (even though I just did). I just want you guys to know I don't think you're dumb and I have respect for both of you and the success you've accomplished, but sometimes we all gotta take an L once in a while.

That’s the thing, I took the “L” a long time ago when Jpop went down, along with a lot of other people. Pinball in many ways is not rational.

Another very smart guy in Billy Brandes extended the “L” with Pintasia but he’s got a good story to tell from it now

When DR offered the Raza credit for Jpop, I took it, which I said was stupid for them to do at the time. But I chose not to waste more $$$ suing John. Maybe it made some people feel better I suppose.

So I take the “L” from long ago and DR was the final nail. I had nothing more to lose and a pin to gain. That’s it. Life goes on and it’s quite a story.

If that’s the worst “L” I ever take again, I’ll be thrilled. It won’t be, had many since, but hey we keep trying

As for Yelo? Maybe he just doesn’t care about mods anymore. Who knows? I wish him well though and wouldn’t hesitate to buy something from him in the future.

#197 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

But you could have taken the money.. instead you wanted your exclusive pin and kept pumping that it was going to be the greatest and all the suckers on the outside were just going to be jealous for not getting in when they could. You're going to get your game.. and everyone else was missing the boat.
Your retelling of 'just taking DRs offer' is an incredibly abridged version of reality.

I don’t think so. That’s what others were saying. You are as usual embellishing the facts and coming from you it doesn’t mean shit.

And I did think we would get through Raza. So what?

Little Kimmy did that with MG.

What’s your excuse? I wanted a game and you guys were rooting for failure.

Abridged? It lasted 7 years and 30k posts

And NOBODY was missing any boat, EVERYBODY had a chance to get one or not.

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Wasn't there a bet or something related to when theyd ship?
Or was that a different bloke?

No let’s get shit straight now. That was Alien! A game I got but lost that bet. So what. Having some fun

#199 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You could have taken the cash out offer, plus interest, after Deeproot missed the first and/or second deadline.
But you didn't.
Also, you ordered the Super Duper Deluxe model and paid cash on top of your store credit for it.
Jpop got you twice.
But hey, its your story to tell.

It was my choice NOT to take the payoff. It didn’t seem right.

And NO I didn’t Little Kimmy. Head on back over the puzzle thread. Acting like a 2 yr old. Go gather em up buddy. Lol

But the amount of $$$ you blew along with the time spent suing that idiot was a joke.

And it was also you that set up your own little private Facebook group for litigants. Pitiful

Now let’s go ahead and get it into it again. Try and be nice and the usual crowd pops in.

Or maybe you want to send me another text?

#201 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

It’s called still “living rent free” in your heads.

#203 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No - we were simply calling the bullshit out but you call it 'rooting for failure'... all while you make statements calling it a joke that people saw through it from the start??
Your lying and distortion of reality knows no limits.

Well let’s see, as if it matters but try and comprehend this:

1). Jpop got 25 MG games done through AP and delivered to people like Little Kimmy

2). DR spent $57 million, facility, cabs, pfs, materials, machines, parts, experience was all there. Didn’t happen.

One could surmise that it was POSSIBLE that a pin, one pin could be generated based on the above.

To say “people saw through it from the start” is a complete crock of shit. Keep telling yourself that if it makes you somehow feel better.

From the beginning, I was the one who questioned Bobby based on his history and was threatened by attorney for it. Right there in the thread if you want to take a peak.

Comprende?

And as per usual, leaving out the inconvenient facts again. Benny Heck would tell you right now he was begging for failure. He hates John and DR as a result.

Finally, there is no one more full of shit than you Flynnie. Congrats

#204 1 year ago

How about we leave it at this for you fellas.

I genuinely dislike you personally and a handful of others here. Can’t like or get along with everybody now can we? And just don’t care what the intolerant mini mob thinks about me either. So knock yourselves out, you are wasting your breath.

#213 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Ok. So it was Alien. Not Raza. I trying to remember who exactly that was... as it's been years.
No need to get bent out of shape over me asking a question.

I’m laughing about that experience when I wrote that. Another fond memory and fun time . Seriously

Shows over now.

#221 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

This is a strange statement to me. You paid for a game, didn't get it, yet when you had a chance to get your money back it "didn't seem right"?
You said from the beginning you were wary of deeproot, but you rolled the dice, again, anyway...instead of cashing out.
Just seems odd.

Let me explain it this way. #1. If I really needed the $$ I would have def taken it. Basically wanted to see it through to the end

#2. I was posting the SEC disclosures of how much money they were raising each year and from whom.

It would have come from “investor pockets” and NOT Bobby himself. As an Investment Advisor myself I would have not wanted to see $$$ going out the door like that.

Nobody knew how the funds were being allocated except Bobby. At the end of the day it always surprises me how these guys think they can get away with these massive Ponzi schemes. American Greed.

So it was a personal thing. I had already written it off and if I ended up getting a game like they did on MG then great.

Want some more drama on these types of things. Google attorney Christopher Petit from San Antonio and see what just happened. Have know that guy since the 90’s. His Ponzi scheme just crashed.

#237 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Mine is still here. We must have different dingleberrys.
Lol

The one you carry around in your pants?

Quoted from Mr68:

I've been tracking the up-down vote ratio to my comments in this thread. I'm pretty happy.

The most popular guy on Pinside. Same crowd. I guess you gotta love yourself if nobody else does. Lol.

#239 1 year ago

Vodka sodas? What’s the drink of the day?

#241 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have an extraordinary thick skin from years of publishing video games and hearing everyone's grievances, no matter how petty, so no worries. If I was really put out I wouldn't have seen this.

Well you make a great product Monk so I like your attitude.

#242 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well you make a great product Monk so I like your attitude.

And I have a secret man crush on Little Kimmy.

#245 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

PinMonk,
You have also been one hell of an asset to this community. And I'm not talking about your mods or the products you make and sell. I'm talking about how helpful you have been, and are, with the entire community. Time and time again, I see you all over Pinside helping people with excellent advice and not expecting anything in return. Sometimes I think you don't get all the credit and recognition that you deserve.
You and I had a run-in a long time ago that I thought was unfair and unjust to me. It was easy for me to move past it seeing all of the good that you do.
And shit happens...
Carry on my friend

Lol. Pull the stick out of ….

Of course you had a “run in”. Don’t fall for the head fake. He’s trolling for “upvotes”.

I love you too Pin Monk. Seriously, those fans have saved my ass! I love you more than Kimmy.

Please upvote this post. I have purchased a lot of you fans and other stuff! I’m begging you. I’ll keep buying if you do. My ratio in this thread is F Ed right now because of the usual hand full of that type

#248 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

See, I don't even categorize people. I just say what needs to be said to whoever. I don't TRY to be offensive, but sometimes I do offend. I'd like to think that's somewhat rare, but it's just the world according to me and sometimes there's a perspective clash that results in sparks.
Keeping this on topic... Yelobird's a good guy. 18 years on here and he's helped plenty of people, too.

Come on Pin Monk. Give it to me. This post!

One time. Need the stats

#250 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Are there “stats” that I’m unaware of on Pinside??

Kimmy tracks them. Insecurity issues ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 34.99
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mod-couple-wont-answer-damaged-merchandise-refund?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.