(Topic ID: 316839)

UPDATE - NOW RESOLVED (Mod Couple won’t answer damaged merchandise)

By King-Agricola

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 256 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by P1nhead
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
giphy (4).gif
BA7AF273-BD33-41D6-BAF8-8D81CA01FB49 (resized).png
3839B648-ACCD-4FFA-A6B5-F1FBE5249DF3 (resized).jpeg
8FBE3508-B6A2-46B5-BCAC-CB650B8CE553 (resized).jpeg
yelobird (resized).png
Triggered-4owbaw (resized).png
9CF41275-C4C1-43FF-8FBE-A306DE2ED611 (resized).jpeg
3 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
F823A73B-27A6-4610-85B1-6F071036A474 (resized).jpeg
92E483E5-1A97-4EE0-B71A-E8C39DDF50B9 (resized).jpeg
E0FC57EF-4EA4-42D8-B4CD-A1694DCCB219 (resized).jpeg
7EDF03E2-C9EC-4DD6-8F78-70A7BF8AD311 (resized).jpeg
There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

It’s called still “living rent free” in your heads.

#202 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I wanted a game and you guys were rooting for failure

No - we were simply calling the bullshit out but you call it 'rooting for failure'... all while you make statements calling it a joke that people saw through it from the start??

Your lying and distortion of reality knows no limits.

#203 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No - we were simply calling the bullshit out but you call it 'rooting for failure'... all while you make statements calling it a joke that people saw through it from the start??
Your lying and distortion of reality knows no limits.

Well let’s see, as if it matters but try and comprehend this:

1). Jpop got 25 MG games done through AP and delivered to people like Little Kimmy

2). DR spent $57 million, facility, cabs, pfs, materials, machines, parts, experience was all there. Didn’t happen.

One could surmise that it was POSSIBLE that a pin, one pin could be generated based on the above.

To say “people saw through it from the start” is a complete crock of shit. Keep telling yourself that if it makes you somehow feel better.

From the beginning, I was the one who questioned Bobby based on his history and was threatened by attorney for it. Right there in the thread if you want to take a peak.

Comprende?

And as per usual, leaving out the inconvenient facts again. Benny Heck would tell you right now he was begging for failure. He hates John and DR as a result.

Finally, there is no one more full of shit than you Flynnie. Congrats

#204 1 year ago

How about we leave it at this for you fellas.

I genuinely dislike you personally and a handful of others here. Can’t like or get along with everybody now can we? And just don’t care what the intolerant mini mob thinks about me either. So knock yourselves out, you are wasting your breath.

#205 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I genuinely dislike you personally and a handful of others here.

POTW!

#206 1 year ago

My cat hates all of you and think you are all a bunch of dorks.

8FBE3508-B6A2-46B5-BCAC-CB650B8CE553 (resized).jpeg8FBE3508-B6A2-46B5-BCAC-CB650B8CE553 (resized).jpeg
#207 1 year ago
Quoted from DBLM:

My cat hates all of you and think you are all a bunch of dorks.
[quoted image]

3839B648-ACCD-4FFA-A6B5-F1FBE5249DF3 (resized).jpeg3839B648-ACCD-4FFA-A6B5-F1FBE5249DF3 (resized).jpeg
#208 1 year ago

I've bounced in and out, did Yelobird ever show up?

#209 1 year ago

IBTL

#210 1 year ago

Here for the fireworks and #paytheboob

#211 1 year ago

this thread pretty much explains why someone would leave. Bunch o grumpy old dudes that don’t care for each other arguing. Bet yelobird is happier now!

#212 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No let’s get shit straight now. That was Alien! A game I got but lost that bet. So what. Having some fun

Ok. So it was Alien. Not Raza. I trying to remember who exactly that was... as it's been years.
No need to get bent out of shape over me asking a question.

#213 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Ok. So it was Alien. Not Raza. I trying to remember who exactly that was... as it's been years.
No need to get bent out of shape over me asking a question.

I’m laughing about that experience when I wrote that. Another fond memory and fun time . Seriously

Shows over now.

#214 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Can we get back to Deeproot please.
[quoted image]

I have this on laserdisc.

#215 1 year ago
BA7AF273-BD33-41D6-BAF8-8D81CA01FB49 (resized).pngBA7AF273-BD33-41D6-BAF8-8D81CA01FB49 (resized).png
#216 1 year ago

#217 1 year ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

this thread pretty much explains why someone would leave. Bunch o grumpy old dudes that don’t care for each other arguing. Bet yelobird is happier now!

Except he is running a pinball related business and should be on the largest pinball forum.
It is very possible to be professional and ignore the bull shit. Spooky does a great job of this.
If he was here, he could of responded to this thread in a few posts and it would not gotten wildly out of hand.

#218 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It was my choice NOT to take the payoff. It didn’t seem right.

This is a strange statement to me. You paid for a game, didn't get it, yet when you had a chance to get your money back it "didn't seem right"?

You said from the beginning you were wary of deeproot, but you rolled the dice, again, anyway...instead of cashing out.

Just seems odd.

#219 1 year ago

UPDATE...NOW RESOLVED

giphy (4).gifgiphy (4).gif
#220 1 year ago

There is a Pingraffix thread that started out a lot like this one. However, the owner posted why he was late sending items and not contacting people. Well, there is a reason that thread is so much shorter and pretty much dead. Joe settled it publicly.

#221 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

This is a strange statement to me. You paid for a game, didn't get it, yet when you had a chance to get your money back it "didn't seem right"?
You said from the beginning you were wary of deeproot, but you rolled the dice, again, anyway...instead of cashing out.
Just seems odd.

Let me explain it this way. #1. If I really needed the $$ I would have def taken it. Basically wanted to see it through to the end

#2. I was posting the SEC disclosures of how much money they were raising each year and from whom.

It would have come from “investor pockets” and NOT Bobby himself. As an Investment Advisor myself I would have not wanted to see $$$ going out the door like that.

Nobody knew how the funds were being allocated except Bobby. At the end of the day it always surprises me how these guys think they can get away with these massive Ponzi schemes. American Greed.

So it was a personal thing. I had already written it off and if I ended up getting a game like they did on MG then great.

Want some more drama on these types of things. Google attorney Christopher Petit from San Antonio and see what just happened. Have know that guy since the 90’s. His Ponzi scheme just crashed.

#222 1 year ago

Geezuz, when do you guys ever find time to enjoy pinball? This is exhausting.

#223 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Geezuz, when do you guys ever find time to enjoy pinball? This is exhausting.

In between pee-pee measuring contests…. When else are you supposed to be enjoying pinball? With friends? Crazy talk right there.

#224 1 year ago

I still have no idea to this very day what the hell is deep root !!??
Is it a mod ?

#225 1 year ago

Maybe they are just busy working on toys for the 100k whale machine.

#226 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is it a mod ?

In Australian parlance, 'root' is an impolite but very commonly used term meaning "to have sex".

'Deep Root' - well I don't need to explain that I'm sure!

Knowing this puts a different spin on the common American term "I'm rooting for you" - really, the bedroom is over there then - let's go!!!

#227 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is it a mod ?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution

#228 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is it a mod ?

According to some of our friends down under, “deep root” means to get fucked. Like really
Fucked.

So I think that’s your answer.

#229 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

According to some of our friends down under, “deep root” means to get fucked. Like really
Fucked.
So I think that’s your answer.

Never heard that one. It doesn't mean anything here except the root that was already explained.

That's how people get nicknamed Wombat here. he eat's roots and leaves.

#230 1 year ago

I've been tracking the up-down vote ratio to my comments in this thread. I'm pretty happy.

#231 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I've been tracking the up-down vote ratio to my comments in this thread. I'm pretty happy.

I get most excited by downvotes. I want to know who and imagine why - unless it's from dingleberry, because that's just what he does, so I know the why. I do miss my downs from ding.

#232 1 year ago

I have a dingleberry fan club. He makes a crowd of one but he's consistent.

#233 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I have a dingleberry fan club. He makes a crowd of one but he's consistent.

What happened to him? One day he was merrily downvoting my posts as usual, and then one April day in 2021...nothing. Hasn't been on in over a year.

#234 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What happened to him? One day he was merrily downvoting my posts as usual, and then one April day in 2021...nothing. Hasn't been on in over a year.

Mine is still here. We must have different dingleberrys.
Lol

#235 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Lol

Weird. I only see two dingle pinsiders: dingleberry and dingle_boys, and dingleberry is MIA.

#236 1 year ago

Pinmonk….wanted to say I’m sorry if I got too caught up with our back and forth. I know you had nothing but good intentions.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Weird. I only see two dingle pinsiders: dingleberry and dingle_boys, and dingleberry is MIA.

#237 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Lol

The one you carry around in your pants?

Quoted from Mr68:

The most popular guy on Pinside. Same crowd. I guess you gotta love yourself if nobody else does. Lol.

#238 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s called still “living rent free” in your heads.

#239 1 year ago

Vodka sodas? What’s the drink of the day?

#240 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Pinmonk….wanted to say I’m sorry if I got too caught up with our back and forth. I know you had nothing but good intentions.

I have an extraordinary thick skin from years of publishing video games and hearing everyone's grievances, no matter how petty, so no worries. If I was really put out I wouldn't have seen this.

#241 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have an extraordinary thick skin from years of publishing video games and hearing everyone's grievances, no matter how petty, so no worries. If I was really put out I wouldn't have seen this.

Well you make a great product Monk so I like your attitude.

#242 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well you make a great product Monk so I like your attitude.

And I have a secret man crush on Little Kimmy.

#243 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

PinMonk,

You have also been one hell of an asset to this community. And I'm not talking about your mods or the products you make and sell. I'm talking about how helpful you have been, and are, with the entire community. Time and time again, I see you all over Pinside helping people with excellent advice and not expecting anything in return. Sometimes I think you don't get all the credit and recognition that you deserve.

You and I had a run-in a long time ago that I thought was unfair and unjust to me. It was easy for me to move past it seeing all of the good that you do.
And shit happens...

Carry on my friend

#244 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

PinMonk,
You have also been one hell of an asset to this community. And I'm not talking about your mods or the products you make and sell. I'm talking about how helpful you have been, and are, with the entire community. Time and time again, I see you all over Pinside helping people with excellent advice and not expecting anything in return. Sometimes I think you don't get all the credit and recognition that you deserve.
You and I had a run-in a long time ago that I thought was unfair and unjust to me. It was easy for me to move past it seeing all of the good you do.
Carry on my friend

Well, thanks. Wasn't expecting that. The problem I have is I am extremely helpful by nature, but I have a threadbare filter between my brain and mouth, so I will bluntly say what some people would not. My family is used to it, the general public is often wholly unprepared. It's more blunt than abusive, but it can be a shock.

I don't remember our run-in, so I have no idea what it was about, but I was probably wearing my black T-shirt with bold white "UNFAIR" on the front and "UNJUST" on the back. The outcome was therefore a foregone conclusion.

Thanks again for the unsolicited nice post!

#245 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

PinMonk,
You and I had a run-in a long time ago that I thought was unfair and unjust to me. It was easy for me to move past it seeing all of the good that you do.
And shit happens...
Carry on my friend

Lol. Pull the stick out of ….

Of course you had a “run in”. Don’t fall for the head fake. He’s trolling for “upvotes”.

I love you too Pin Monk. Seriously, those fans have saved my ass! I love you more than Kimmy.

Please upvote this post. I have purchased a lot of you fans and other stuff! I’m begging you. I’ll keep buying if you do. My ratio in this thread is F Ed right now because of the usual hand full of that type

#246 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:Well, thanks. Wasn't expecting that. The problem I have is I am extremely helpful by nature, but I have a threadbare filter between my brain and mouth, so I will bluntly say what some people would not. My family is used to it, the general public is often wholly unprepared. It's more blunt than abusive, but it can be a shock.
I don't remember our run-in, so I have no idea what it was about, but I was probably wearing my black T-shirt with bold white "UNFAIR" on the front and "UNJUST" on the back. The outcome was therefore a foregone conclusion.
Thanks again for the unsolicited nice post!

There should be a support group for us blunt people.

Wouldn't work i spose, we'd just tell the tree hugging feelgood hippies to fuck off and save some fragile people.

My friends call me blunt.

#247 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Wouldn't work i spose, we'd just tell the tree hugging feelgood hippies to fuck off and save some fragile people.

See, I don't even categorize people. I just say what needs to be said to whoever. I don't TRY to be offensive, but sometimes I do offend. I'd like to think that's somewhat rare, but it's just the world according to me and sometimes there's a perspective clash that results in sparks.

Keeping this on topic... @yelobird's a good guy. 18 years on here and he's helped plenty of people, too.

#248 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

See, I don't even categorize people. I just say what needs to be said to whoever. I don't TRY to be offensive, but sometimes I do offend. I'd like to think that's somewhat rare, but it's just the world according to me and sometimes there's a perspective clash that results in sparks.
Keeping this on topic... Yelobird's a good guy. 18 years on here and he's helped plenty of people, too.

Come on Pin Monk. Give it to me. This post!

One time. Need the stats

#249 1 year ago

Are there “stats” that I’m unaware of on Pinside??

Quoted from iceman44:

Come on Pin Monk. Give it to me. This post!
One time. Need the stats

#250 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Are there “stats” that I’m unaware of on Pinside??

Kimmy tracks them. Insecurity issues ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.99
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mod-couple-wont-answer-damaged-merchandise-refund/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.