(Topic ID: 316839)

UPDATE - NOW RESOLVED (Mod Couple won’t answer damaged merchandise)

By King-Agricola

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 256 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by P1nhead
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
giphy (4).gif
BA7AF273-BD33-41D6-BAF8-8D81CA01FB49 (resized).png
3839B648-ACCD-4FFA-A6B5-F1FBE5249DF3 (resized).jpeg
8FBE3508-B6A2-46B5-BCAC-CB650B8CE553 (resized).jpeg
yelobird (resized).png
Triggered-4owbaw (resized).png
9CF41275-C4C1-43FF-8FBE-A306DE2ED611 (resized).jpeg
3 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
F823A73B-27A6-4610-85B1-6F071036A474 (resized).jpeg
92E483E5-1A97-4EE0-B71A-E8C39DDF50B9 (resized).jpeg
E0FC57EF-4EA4-42D8-B4CD-A1694DCCB219 (resized).jpeg
7EDF03E2-C9EC-4DD6-8F78-70A7BF8AD311 (resized).jpeg
There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Did you lose a deposit? Of course Yelobird accepts his own bed made. I don’t hear any excuses from him or anybody else.
To all that I say “so F ing what”!
Now, for all you perfect individuals I get it’s tough to see someone else make a mistake and sit in your holier than thou judgment
And until the SEC jumped in, which NOBODY knew the extent including the employees of DR, well we all got to see the PFs, cabinets, parts, tools, materials, prototypes and full blown set up of $$$ wasted.
The tragedy is what happened to the unknowing investors. Not getting a game?
Again, who cares and so F ing what! I’m happy the whole ordeal provided a high level of entertainment for you
We aren’t mindless children here. People make their OWN decisions FFS. I could care less what anyone else does/did or doesn’t/didn’t do.
Just like Toy Story now. You might think it’s a rip off. Someone else might love it, be excited about talking about it.
So later when it goes down in value by $2k who are you going to blame? Someone else right?
Like I said, a total crock of BS
I was “cheerleading” the F out of it because I wanted it to succeed. And def not “rather subdued”. From day one my disdain for Mueller was clear. Did I think he was a criminal? Nobody did to that extent
So stick that in your pipe and smoke it
Oh, and head back over to the DR thread, they need help solving puzzles

Uh, did you mean to quote me? Most of the stuff you're talking about has nothing to do with me, or anything that I've written or said. Feels like you might be railing against others and are lumping me in.

You asked me what Yelobird did to mislead people in the deeproot thread, and I explained exactly how he misled people. I never claimed that he should have known the extent of Robert's illegalities, nor do I hold making the mistake of going in on a game against him. I nearly went in on a RAZA myself, so I could have easily been a deeproot victim too.

Also, for what it's worth. I really like JJP's Toy Story. Too expensive, but a lot of fun.

#152 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Uh, did you mean to quote me? Most of the stuff you're talking about has nothing to do with me, or anything that I've written or said. Feels like you might be railing against others and are lumping me in.
You asked me what Yelobird did to mislead people in the deeproot thread, and I explained exactly how he misled people. I never claimed that he should have known the extent of Robert's illegalities, nor do I hold making the mistake of going in on a game against him. I nearly went in on a RAZA myself, so I could have easily been a deeproot victim too.
Also, for what it's worth. I really like JJP's Toy Story. Too expensive, but a lot of fun.

I’m not lumping you in Mike. I don’t know how he misled people or why it matters unless you are saying he lied about buying 2 Raza’s and paying in full?

I’m wondering why he would make that up, to entice more people to buy in? Why? He doesn’t strike me as that kind of guy. A good dude.

I was an original Jpop victim like so many others and was around for the free game credit. So Jpop got some of my $$$ long ago. And I let it go long ago. Some people can’t and never will even those that weren’t involved.

I’m glad you missed out on Raza

I’m just surmising that’s why he isn’t around anymore? It’s ancient history

Onward and upward. Agree with you on Toy Story Looks fun!

#153 1 year ago

Wow you are so classy. These people are elderly people who were great suppliers and known to be great people in general. They haven’t been active so can’t defend themselves or their reasons for getting out of the business and this is how we are going to talk about them? What a vicious group mentality. Wow

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, obviously Pinbits is serving a higher purpose now.
A batshit crazy, insane, moronic higher purpose. Glad they aren't family members of mine.

#154 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Wow you are so classy. These people are elderly people who were great suppliers and known to be great people in general. They haven’t been active so can’t defend themselves or their reasons for getting out of the business and this is how we are going to talk about them? What a vicious group mentality. Wow

Not a group mentality. Just one or a few individuals.

I don’t know Yelobird, I had issues with him in the past, nothing horrible. I did know Pam and Martin.

When ANYONES website takes folks money and goes sour after the sale seems to be more and more commonplace.

#155 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Just one or a few individuals

yup same people saying the same stuff for years. If anyone cares I just received a mod quickly and without issue.

9CF41275-C4C1-43FF-8FBE-A306DE2ED611 (resized).jpeg9CF41275-C4C1-43FF-8FBE-A306DE2ED611 (resized).jpeg
#156 1 year ago

The conspiracy theory about pinbits believing a conspiracy theory to point where they have transcended the need for money is pure gold. I never skipped work when I believed in a conspiracy or two. Jesus Christ man, only on pinside folks.

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

The conspiracy theory about pinbits believing a conspiracy theory to point where they have transcended the need for money is pure gold. I never skipped work when I believed in a conspiracy or two

Congratulations on your fortitude. Others are not as strong as you. Reddit r/QAnonCasualties has some firsthand stories that may give you perspective different from your personal conspiracy-resistant (aka normal) experience. It's a support group with over 200k members that documents spouses, parents, siblings and friends completely sucked into conspiracies and Q nonsense and blowing up their lives to stay in that state.

#158 1 year ago

Okay we get your point and know you really believe the story you were told. Dead horse beat my friend!

They are not here to defend themselves but we get your point and obviously the “conspiracy” word is a new Trigger word for many on Pinside and gets them all up in their feelings.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Congratulations on your fortitude. Others are not as strong as you. Reddit r/QAnonCasualties has some firsthand stories that may give you perspective different from your personal conspiracy-resistant (aka normal) experience. It's a support group with over 200k members that documents spouses, parents, siblings and friends completely sucked into conspiracies and Q nonsense and blowing up their lives to stay in that state.

#159 1 year ago

Great to hear! Please send me the contact info you used for them.

Quoted from Charliew65:

yup same people saying the same stuff for years. If anyone cares I just received a mod quickly and without issue.
[quoted image]

#160 1 year ago

Odd how you can sell pinball mods and not respond to a thread about your business on the largest pinball forum ....

#161 1 year ago

This is all strange enough for me to not buy mods from this place. All they would need to do is a quick pop-in and update what happened. For some reason they are not, and that's enough for me.

#162 1 year ago

wow i'm soooo glad i'm an EM guy...............

#163 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

obviously the “conspiracy” word is a new Trigger word for many on Pinside and gets them all up in their feelings.

Umm, yeah, sounds like it triggered you. PinMonk casually mentioned it and you've been off the rails ever since.

#164 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Umm, yeah, sounds like it triggered you. PinMonk casually mentioned it and you've been off the rails ever since.

I didn't see it as being "off the rails". He is just saying don't rush to judgement based on secondhand hearsay. Pinbits isn't here to offer an actual explanation of why they disappeared, so we don't really know for sure. Hopefully they retired and moved to Maui.

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

“Vicious group mentality”. A “triggered mob”

Pin Monk puts it out there as to what he heard. It’s heresay. Take it for fwiw

Then the “triggered mob” runs with it.

This is just what happens on “social media”, including Pinside

Perfect people that love to sit in judgment of others.

#166 1 year ago

Can we get back to Deeproot please.

Triggered-4owbaw (resized).pngTriggered-4owbaw (resized).png
#167 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I didn't see it as being "off the rails". He is just saying don't rush to judgement based on secondhand hearsay. Pinbits isn't here to offer an actual explanation of why they disappeared, so we don't really know for sure. Hopefully they retired and moved to Maui.

I’ll just say this, if I ever disappear I’ll be in Maui scooping ice cream on the road to Hana.

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Can we get back to Deeproot please.
[quoted image]

Have you solved the puzzles yet?

Maybe it’s the Q crowd playing tricks

I’m sure Bobby is a member

Let us know when you figure it out

#169 1 year ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I’ll just say this, if I ever disappear I’ll be in Maui scooping ice cream on the road to Hana.

Hell yes!!!!

#170 1 year ago
Quoted from jp1985:

and you will find me here

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#171 1 year ago
#172 1 year ago

Wait, why would the anatomy of Bigfoot have anything to do with a doggie wiener?

#173 1 year ago

If they're printing these with the posts standing up that would be why it's breaking so easily. Orientation of the print matters and printing a post straight up means it's adhered by basically a single layer.

If they're printing it so the posts are horizontal they will be stronger but if it's still breaking they probably need to either print in multiple pieces and assemble with real hardware, or maybe make the posts hollow and fill them with a wooden stake or something to keep it all together. at minimum they should flare out the base so that it's thicker in the weakest point.

#174 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

If they're printing these with the posts standing up that would be why it's breaking so easily. Orientation of the print matters and printing a post straight up means it's adhered by basically a single layer.
t.

When I started reading this, I thought he was posting in the wrong thread. Ha, I forgot what this thread was even about.

Gotta love pinside.

#175 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Wait, why would the anatomy of Bigfoot have anything to do with a doggie wiener?

It's a mod for Whitewater.

#176 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yelobird and I talked privately after the Deeproot meltdown and he's a good guy. We all make mistakes and I'm glad he's OK.
And he was down-right subdued compared to others that were cheerleading Deeproot.

Yelobird is 100% a good standup guy. I have ordered from him before too and had zero issues. The whole deeproot thing was embarrassing and he should have felt maybe more (for lack of a better word) "ashamed" for it than he did. Our friend Ice feels the need to defend that whole thing because he was also there blindly ignoring what was apparent from day 1 about deeproot. No hard feelings to either of those guys for that debacle but come on fellas, it was pretty funny to have fallen for that. I almost would believe Q before I believed that deeproot was a legit company lol

#177 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Great to hear! Please send me the contact info you used for them.

Did not need to contact them, placed and received order.

#178 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

When I started reading this, I thought he was posting in the wrong thread. Ha, I forgot what this thread was even about.
Gotta love pinside.

Bad habit of commenting on things that was resolved several pages earlier lol...

#179 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Yelobird is 100% a good standup guy. I have ordered from him before too and had zero issues. The whole deeproot thing was embarrassing and he should have felt maybe more (for lack of a better word) "ashamed" for it than he did. Our friend Ice feels the need to defend that whole thing because he was also there blindly ignoring what was apparent from day 1 about deeproot. No hard feelings to either of those guys for that debacle but come on fellas, it was pretty funny to have fallen for that. I almost would believe Q before I believed that deeproot was a legit company lol

This 100% sums up the shortcomings those two had before, during, and after the Deeproot debacle.

#180 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Odd how you can sell pinball mods and not respond to a thread about your business on the largest pinball forum ....

Clearly the guy isn't on PinSide anymore

#181 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

That’s his problem if he feels “shame” and I’m done defending him. He can defend himself.

And the hyperbole and exaggeration of saying things in hindsight like “it was apparent from day one” is a joke but then again YOU are better and smarter than the rest of us. So I get it.

Including the $57 million of investor money that it wasn’t apparent to.

Funny to have fallen for a free credit for a Raza? How’s that work?

Typical of the mob just ignoring the facts and trying to deny what we all got to see with our own eyes.

In the end a disaster that NOBODY knew the extent of it.

But yeah, we saw all the cabs, parts, PFs, prototypes of Raza, future games in some state of progress, machinery etc

Employees from across the industry. Yep, we “fell for it”. I’m so ashamed

You got us!!! Congrats.

#182 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

my point exactly

#183 1 year ago

Can we get this train back on track?

I'm interested in knowing the back story about Mod Couple's 3 week silence. I'm not buying anything from him, until I hear why this happened. It's just not good business.

#184 1 year ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I'm interested in knowing the back story about Mod Couple's 3 week silence.

At this point it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

#185 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

As has been pointed out multiple times he appears to be on fairly regularly.
He's resolved the issue with the OP. He owes this thread nothing.

yelobird (resized).pngyelobird (resized).png
#186 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

As has been pointed out multiple times he appears to be on fairly regularly.
He's resolved the issue with the OP. He owes this thread nothing.
[quoted image]

I'm not disagreeing, but theres a downside to that decision. I for one have stopped buying from them for the simple reason that 3+ weeks is terrible customer service. Yea I get it it's a simple mod and life goes on, but when u take peoples money it comes with a level of expectations. Bottom line is I'm just better off going somewhere else to purchase mods.

#187 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That’s his problem if he feels “shame” and I’m done defending him. He can defend himself.
And the hyperbole and exaggeration of saying things in hindsight like “it was apparent from day one” is a joke but then again YOU are better and smarter than the rest of us. So I get it.
Including the $57 million of investor money that it wasn’t apparent to.
Funny to have fallen for a free credit for a Raza? How’s that work?
Typical of the mob just ignoring the facts and trying to deny what we all got to see with our own eyes.
In the end a disaster that NOBODY knew the extent of it.
But yeah, we saw all the cabs, parts, PFs, prototypes of Raza, future games in some state of progress, machinery etc
Employees from across the industry. Yep, we “fell for it”. I’m so ashamed
You got us!!! Congrats.

The worlds biggest idiot could have seen through the deeproot thing. I don't think anyone here thinks you or Yelo are dumb people. I most certainly don't. In fact, I'd wager both of you are way smarter than I am. Particularly you Ice. Look, we get it, we know you guys have enough money where you could have taken the chance and hoped for the best and it would be no big deal. I don't think IQ really played into it. It was just......odd? I don't know. I don't want to further derail this thread (even though I just did). I just want you guys to know I don't think you're dumb and I have respect for both of you and the success you've accomplished, but sometimes we all gotta take an L once in a while.

#188 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, obviously Pinbits is serving a higher purpose now.
A batshit crazy, insane, moronic higher purpose. Glad they aren't family members of mine.

I'm sure if they met you, they would feel the same way... no doubt

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

The worlds biggest idiot could have seen through the deeproot thing. I don't think anyone here thinks you or Yelo are dumb people. I most certainly don't. In fact, I'd wager both of you are way smarter than I am. Particularly you Ice. Look, we get it, we know you guys have enough money where you could have taken the chance and hoped for the best and it would be no big deal. I don't think IQ really played into it. It was just......odd? I don't know. I don't want to further derail this thread (even though I just did). I just want you guys to know I don't think you're dumb and I have respect for both of you and the success you've accomplished, but sometimes we all gotta take an L once in a while.

Cognitive dissonance
In the field of psychology, cognitive dissonance is the perception of contradictory information. Relevant items of information include a person's actions, feelings, ideas, beliefs, values, and things in the environment. Cognitive dissonance is typically experienced as psychological stress when persons participate in an action that goes against one or more of those things. According to this theory, when two actions or ideas are not psychologically consistent with each other, people do all in their power to change them until they become consistent. The discomfort is triggered by the person's belief clashing with new information perceived, wherein the individual tries to find a way to resolve the contradiction to reduce their discomfort.

#190 1 year ago

I finally figured it out. Q is posting again, and the timing of the disappearance of yelobird is just too convenient to be anything other than a clear sign that yelobird must be Q!

Pinside, please wait for me to summarize our findings in a new video. In the meantime, please enjoy one of my older videos..

#191 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

That’s the thing, I took the “L” a long time ago when Jpop went down, along with a lot of other people. Pinball in many ways is not rational.

Another very smart guy in Billy Brandes extended the “L” with Pintasia but he’s got a good story to tell from it now

When DR offered the Raza credit for Jpop, I took it, which I said was stupid for them to do at the time. But I chose not to waste more $$$ suing John. Maybe it made some people feel better I suppose.

So I take the “L” from long ago and DR was the final nail. I had nothing more to lose and a pin to gain. That’s it. Life goes on and it’s quite a story.

If that’s the worst “L” I ever take again, I’ll be thrilled. It won’t be, had many since, but hey we keep trying

As for Yelo? Maybe he just doesn’t care about mods anymore. Who knows? I wish him well though and wouldn’t hesitate to buy something from him in the future.

#192 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well lot of people knewm that shit was a fo sho day 1 disaster.

Quoted from iceman44:

As for Yelo? Maybe he just doesn’t care about mods anymore. Who knows?

Thank the lord he's seen the light & been cured!

#193 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So I take the “L” from long ago and DR was the final nail. I had nothing more to lose and a pin to gain. That’s it. Life goes on and it’s quite a story.

But you could have taken the money.. instead you wanted your exclusive pin and kept pumping that it was going to be the greatest and all the suckers on the outside were just going to be jealous for not getting in when they could. You're going to get your game.. and everyone else was missing the boat.

Your retelling of 'just taking DRs offer' is an incredibly abridged version of reality.

#194 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When DR offered the Raza credit for Jpop, I took it, which I said was stupid for them to do at the time. But I chose not to waste more $$$

Quoted from iceman44:

So I take the “L” from long ago and DR was the final nail. I had nothing more to lose and a pin to gain. That’s it.

You could have taken the cash out offer, plus interest, after Deeproot missed the first and/or second deadline.
But you didn't.

Also, you ordered the Super Duper Deluxe model and paid cash on top of your store credit for it.
Jpop got you twice.

But hey, its your story to tell.

#195 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Your retelling of 'just taking DRs offer' is an incredibly abridged version of reality.

Wasn't there a bet or something related to when theyd ship?
Or was that a different bloke?

#197 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

But you could have taken the money.. instead you wanted your exclusive pin and kept pumping that it was going to be the greatest and all the suckers on the outside were just going to be jealous for not getting in when they could. You're going to get your game.. and everyone else was missing the boat.

I don’t think so. That’s what others were saying. You are as usual embellishing the facts and coming from you it doesn’t mean shit.

And I did think we would get through Raza. So what?

Little Kimmy did that with MG.

What’s your excuse? I wanted a game and you guys were rooting for failure.

Abridged? It lasted 7 years and 30k posts

And NOBODY was missing any boat, EVERYBODY had a chance to get one or not.

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Wasn't there a bet or something related to when theyd ship?
Or was that a different bloke?

No let’s get shit straight now. That was Alien! A game I got but lost that bet. So what. Having some fun

#199 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You could have taken the cash out offer, plus interest, after Deeproot missed the first and/or second deadline.
But you didn't.
Also, you ordered the Super Duper Deluxe model and paid cash on top of your store credit for it.
Jpop got you twice.
But hey, its your story to tell.

It was my choice NOT to take the payoff. It didn’t seem right.

And NO I didn’t Little Kimmy. Head on back over the puzzle thread. Acting like a 2 yr old. Go gather em up buddy. Lol

But the amount of $$$ you blew along with the time spent suing that idiot was a joke.

And it was also you that set up your own little private Facebook group for litigants. Pitiful

Now let’s go ahead and get it into it again. Try and be nice and the usual crowd pops in.

Or maybe you want to send me another text?

#200 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 130.00
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mod-couple-wont-answer-damaged-merchandise-refund/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.