(Topic ID: 316839)

UPDATE - NOW RESOLVED (Mod Couple won’t answer damaged merchandise)

By King-Agricola

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 256 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by P1nhead
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
giphy (4).gif
BA7AF273-BD33-41D6-BAF8-8D81CA01FB49 (resized).png
3839B648-ACCD-4FFA-A6B5-F1FBE5249DF3 (resized).jpeg
8FBE3508-B6A2-46B5-BCAC-CB650B8CE553 (resized).jpeg
yelobird (resized).png
Triggered-4owbaw (resized).png
9CF41275-C4C1-43FF-8FBE-A306DE2ED611 (resized).jpeg
3 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
F823A73B-27A6-4610-85B1-6F071036A474 (resized).jpeg
92E483E5-1A97-4EE0-B71A-E8C39DDF50B9 (resized).jpeg
E0FC57EF-4EA4-42D8-B4CD-A1694DCCB219 (resized).jpeg
7EDF03E2-C9EC-4DD6-8F78-70A7BF8AD311 (resized).jpeg
There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 1 year ago

Yelobird makes a lot of great mods I’ve bought dozens of them. Looks like the Mod op bought either has a bad structural design, infill settings could be too low in the 3D print file for the area that failed or it could be an issue with the filament itself - regardless stuff happens and OP defiantly needs a refund or replacement. Yelobird please step up.

#52 1 year ago

I dunno if they only shipped with the bubble wrap in the photo the main problem seems to be an inability to properly package things. A few extra cents of bubble wrap goes a long way. If you can shake a package and hear things moving, it's not enough bubble wrap....

#53 1 year ago

Anyone here know them personally to call them and check up on them?

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Anyone here know them personally to call them and check up on them?

Have called and no answer or responses to voice mails since before TPF.

Others have tried too.

LTG : )

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Have called and no answer or responses to voice mails since before TPF.

Got me thinking. I have a good half dozen not responding to me.

Makes me wonder what I did now. Real or imagined.

Oh well. Life goes on.

#56 1 year ago

Something must have happened to him. Over the years I have bought almost every mod he makes for my games. He was very active here too. Doubt he would domthis otherwise, it would be affecting his sales.

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

Something must have happened to him. Over the years I have bought almost every mod he makes for my games. He was very active here too. Doubt he would domthis otherwise, it would be affecting his sales.

Others mentioned Yelobird has been on pinside for the last few days.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The 3D printing isn't entirely the issue, but in this case, as it's made as one piece there, the horizontal print lines leave an easy break point.
If I use my upcoming Stranger Things set as an example, the much thinner railings are printed on their side and assembled afterward, leaving vertical print lines (lines visibly removed with prep, primer, three paint stages, and clear). The vertical print lines make it so balls can repeatedly be thrown at the railings with no issue (if that diameter were printed with horizontal lines, it would easily snap...vertical, and they'll take any air ball).
It's been a learning process for me, but 3D printing does have advantages over resin mods, and vice-versa. I've done clay sculpt/resin as well (IJ PoA rails), and prefer 3D printing for a few reasons--one of the main ones being precision when it comes to consistently fitting within fractions of a millimeter.
------------------
Otherwise, my brief interaction with Yelobird/Dave has been very positive, so hopefully all is well.

Your process sounds better than any other I’ve heard to date. Hopefully that will work for pinball.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Got me thinking. I have a good half dozen not responding to me.
Makes me wonder what I did now. Real or imagined.
Oh well. Life goes on.

Don’t think it has anything to do with a great guy like you. Think its more the times. Lots of strange unfortunate things happening with people. Do we know its even Dave logging in? Maybe one of his children? Hope he’s alright…

#60 1 year ago

hopefully he is not ill and a family member checking pinside for him

#61 1 year ago

robin if Pinside is open in a browser and you are or have been logged in, does it require intervention so much as a refresh in order to show a last visit date? What is required for that tag for an account? I am just wondering if there may be something more to the idea he is active here. I am just thinking out loud as the radio silence from Dave over damaged merchandise definitely seems outside his personality especially the idea of 'protecting' a small business that they've worked to build.

#62 1 year ago

Yelobird's profile shows he was logged-in to Pinside today.
It also shows his last public comment was back on January 16th, 2022 at 02:47:49 pm MST

1 (resized).png1 (resized).png3 (resized).png3 (resized).png

#63 1 year ago

Has the Op simply tried fixing his part? Some skewers for positioning and superglue the break?

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yelobird's profile shows he was logged-in to Pinside today.
It also shows his last public comment was back on January 16th, 2022 at 02:47:49 pm MST
[quoted image][quoted image]

King-Agricola I know you reference trying for 3 weeks to get a response, is that how long ago it was purchased? I am thinking it might be time to get Detective blueberryjohnson on the case.

#65 1 year ago

I'm always signed in and a page refresh might update the timing of his last visit. I don't know. Could very well be a family member trying to take care of other business concerning him. Hate to sound grim but if anyone knows his real name has anyone googled obits? Hope that's not the case but none of this makes sense given his character and reputation.

#66 1 year ago

Let's keep an open mind. To put this in perspective, Great Plain Electronics has indefinitely suspended all activity due to a very unfortunate passing in the family.

Things do come up and happen. Not saying it excuses zero comms. I am simply saying there might be a really good reason not brought to light yet.

#67 1 year ago

Good luck

#68 1 year ago

FWIW:

Like many others, I have purchased countless items from The Mod Couple over the years and have always had a great sales experience with them. Additionally, Dave has always been a great contributing Pinsider!

Hope all is well and the OP's concerns are met soon!

#69 1 year ago

I would initiate refund process with payment processor before too much time goes by.

#70 1 year ago

The OPs problem does suck, I agree.

But the the real question is what has happened. It wasn't long ago that Dave was posting all his updates on his basement digout to hold his pins.

Truly hope he is okay.

#71 1 year ago

Now that everyone’s tagged him, the amount of emails he’s gotten as a result will surely bury the original message and make it difficult to find.

That or making a public thread attacking his character would likely not put you in the best of places to be done a favor on a return or exchange.

Either way it’s a mod, not the end of the world.

#72 1 year ago

I have purchased multiple mods from Yelobird , great mods, I did have to check on one item after a couple of weeks but Dave was super responsive and very nice. I totally get the frustration ... I was about to light Tilttopper on fire a few weeks ago for a super delayed shipment but found out they had sent emails to me that wound up in my spam folder (great toppers from them by the way). Anyway, hope it works out, The Mod Couple makes some neat stuff.

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from ryank11379:

That or making a public thread attacking his character would likely not put you in the best of places to be done a favor on a return or exchange.
Either way it’s a mod, not the end of the world.

If you get a broken product and vendor doesn't respond in 3 weeks, I feel like it's not terrible to make a thread and hold that vendor accountable.. I mean the purchaser has no way of knowing of any personal issues with the seller, especially when they started this thread. I think their post was pretty reasonable

#74 1 year ago

Had a horrific experience with them on Rudy...never again sorry to say....

#75 1 year ago

UPDATE - I have been in contact with Yelobird and the problem is resolved. Please continue to support them

Thanks,

Joe

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from King-Agricola:

UPDATE - I have been in contact with Yelobird and the problem is resolved. Please continue to support them
Thanks,
Joe

King-Agricola please update the OP/title with that info....

#77 1 year ago

Thanks,
Joe

I'm glad he's ok.

#78 1 year ago

Thanks,
Joe

King-Agricola
You need to change the thread title then. ASAP

#79 1 year ago

So, what was the deal?

#80 1 year ago

Thanks,
Joe

No thanks. He needs to come on here and explain why it took several weeks and mutliple pinsiders reaching out to respond, if he cares about his business at all.

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

King-Agricola

Well it would be nice to know why it took him 3+ weeks to respond....I've had good experiences with them, but thats a little ridiculous unless of course there was a health issue

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Well it would be nice to know why it took him 3+ weeks to respond....I've had good experiences with them, but thats a little ridiculous unless of course there was a health issue

Still warrants a thread change. I’m not advocating it be locked or anything. But leaving it up implying to the casual Pinsider that there is an unresolved problem is not really good mojo either.

#83 1 year ago

It's funny how people who weren't even involved in the transaction get the pitchforks out and are demanding closure to the topic. Op settled his case with seller, mod dude owes no one an explanation beyond his own private conversations between the him and the buyer.

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

King-Agricola please update the OP/title with that info....

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

King-Agricola

Would adding: "until after 5+ weeks and multiple contact attempts." be a good enough title edit?

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

No thanks. He needs to come on here and explain why it took several weeks and mutliple pinsiders reaching out to respond, if he cares about his business at all.

But WHAT if he doesnt make his mods because he needs the money, WHAT if he goes through all the trouble as he enjoys the hobby, loves creating and loves to share.
And WHAT if missing out on your measily 10$ "profit" isnt worth the public drama shitshow that you think you deserve for your entertainent?

All of you that think that the small creators here on site owe you anything can f off.

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

But WHAT if he doesnt make his mods because he needs the money, WHAT if he goes through all the trouble as he enjoys the hobby, loves creating and loves to share.
And WHAT if missing out on your measily 10$ "profit" isnt worth the public drama shitshow that you think you deserve for your entertainent?
All of you that think that the small creators here on site owe you anything can f off.

Its not the money, its the principle. He owes the buyer what he paid for. Unless he is doing it for free, he deserves better service then just ignoring him when a product arrives broken and yet somehow has time to still be appearing active on pinside.

I guarantee you he's making more than 10 bucks on a 3d printed item, he's not Mother Teresa, but thats not the point. If you are going to charge someone for a service, you need to at least stand behind it and respond within a reasonable amount of time. Not 24 hours, but sooner than 5 weeks. That's BS.

I own two businesses, and I promise you I would fire anyone who treated our customers like this, unless they had a good reason, which we haven't been given in this case (yet).

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Still warrants a thread change. I’m not advocating it be locked or anything. But leaving it up implying to the casual Pinsider that there is an unresolved problem is not really good mojo either.

I hear ya....maybe he changes it to "Mod couple finally responds and resolves my issue after 3+ weeks"

#88 1 year ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

This is a pretty silly post. The guy literally owed him something. The thing he paid for....

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

This makes zero sense....clearly they're not doing it for free, and my guess is there's a pretty healthy profit in each of these mods, which I am happy to pay for the right mod.

#90 1 year ago

Without closure or at least an explanation I will not support a company that ignores after the sale. 3 weeks along with multiple logins here points to nefarious reasons.

#91 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

I’ve purchased numerous items including the Atomic Pile and one things for sure, its a “pile” of something alright. One airball hit and it was toast. 3D printed items don’t last long in a pinball environment. Rocks around batmobile, also ball destroyed. Stern’s stock atomic pile is so much better lit and functioning as well. The lure of the show atomic pile is strong, but save your money and stay with Stern’s stock and you’ll be glad you did. Modcouple 3D printed items are not very good quality wise, even though they try hard to make them nice. It’s not their fault, but issue is with 3D printing, even though they have some cool designs usually. Grandpa Munster one airball only destroyed him. Don’t flush your money down the 3D printed junk hole. There is a reason Stern does not do anything 3D printed.

Gotta agree with you on the Atomic Pile Jimmy. I had to take it off and put the original back on. To fragile.

That’s said, I like Dave/Yelobird. Doesn’t sound like him to ignore this. Edit: there you go.

Have a pretty good idea why he would be done with Pinside posting and some of the inhabitants

#92 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I hear ya....maybe he changes it to "Mod couple finally responds and resolves my issue after 3+ weeks"

Haha well at least that would be true apparently

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Without closure or at least an explanation I will not support a company that ignores after the sale. 3 weeks along with multiple logins here points to nefarious reasons.

No new mods in 2022 and 5 months of zero pinside posting/activity points to something outside pinside going on that maybe they don't want to share. This is clearly not solely a customer service issue. Whatever they're dealing with, I hope they can manage it ok. The OP was taken care of, contact was made, the most important things were handled. I wish them well in working through whatever's going on in their lives outside pinside.

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No new mods in 2022 and 5 months of zero pinside posting/activity points to something outside pinside going on that maybe they don't want to share. This is clearly not solely a customer service issue. Whatever they're dealing with, I hope they can manage it ok. The OP was taken care of, contact was made, the most important things were handled. I wish them well in working through whatever's going on in their lives outside pinside.

I agree that I hope for them personally everything is well but my money may be spent elsewhere. It’s not personal, as text can seem that way. I’m sure op didn’t have to wait 3 weeks for the money to be accepted. That’s the rub.

#95 1 year ago

Geez I’m grateful I don’t have any of you guys as my customers

#96 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Geez I’m grateful I don’t have any of you guys as my customers

Sure. No problem.

#97 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

I agree that I hope for them personally everything is well but my money may be spent elsewhere. It’s not personal, as text can seem that way. I’m sure op didn’t have to wait 3 weeks for the money to be accepted. That’s the rub.

When you're drowning (and I have no personal knowledge they are, just for example), your focus is on not drowning. There are life events that may happen that become all-consuming or cause paralyzing depression or any number of other things that make it hard to do anything out of a basic routine. Money comes in, they ship stuff out. Maybe they can only handle the bare minimum and any additional issues like broken items are too much to deal with right now. All we know is we don't know, and the OP was taken care of in this case. Yelobird's been on here for like 18 years and has been a huge contributor to the site over a long period of time. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt while he works through whatever he needs to get through.

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If I’m guessing what’s going on, their lives outside of Pinside are fine and happier now that he’s not here posting.

I’m thinking the Deeproot BS has something to do with it. Don’t blame him

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wish them well also. In the meantime it may be best that they to take their website down and stop accepting new orders, if they aren't going to be able to handle service issues. they sure had no issue taking the order and the customers funds that started this mess.

#100 1 year ago

Good that he responded but an explanation as to why it took so long is needed for future orders and customers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mod-couple-wont-answer-damaged-merchandise-refund/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.