1408515931_1399010249_u6dwt2_att-url-download.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
image.jpg
Stingray.jpg
Ahab.jpg
image.jpg
Dick.jpeg
#1 8 years ago

Pinball is long over due for a maritime theme of substance. There have been a few. Some good ones. Herman Melville's classic novel lends itself perfectly to pinball.

Dick.jpegDick.jpeg

#2 8 years ago

Master and commander would be better in my opinion.

Aquaman from the new 52 would kickass too.

#3 8 years ago

20,000 leagues under the sea, Seaquest, Treasure Island, Horatio Hornblower, Jason and the Argonauts, Mutiny on the Bounty, HMS Defiant, Captain Blood, Deep Rising, Ghost Ship, Jaws...there are all sorts of nautical works out there.

We do have Sinbad, Torpedo Alley, Waterworld, Popeye, White Water, Fathom, Surf 'n Safari, Atlantis, and a few others that I know I'm forgetting.

#4 8 years ago

JAWS

image.jpgimage.jpg

#5 8 years ago

Jason and the Argonauts... When the Medusa toy appears you must play with your eyes closed.

#6 8 years ago

Ahab.jpgAhab.jpg

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

20,000 leagues under the sea, Seaquest, Treasure Island, Horatio Hornblower, Jason and the Argonauts, Mutiny on the Bounty, HMS Defiant, Captain Blood, Deep Rising, Ghost Ship, Jaws...there are all sorts of nautical works out there.
We do have Sinbad, Torpedo Alley, Waterworld, Popeye, White Water, Fathom, Surf 'n Safari, Atlantis, and a few others that I know I'm forgetting.

Captain Nemo is the closest to 20,000 leagues under the sea, too bad not a big quantity being made.

#8 8 years ago

Stingray.jpgStingray.jpg

#9 8 years ago

Forget Moby Dick, we need a full production run of Big Dick!

#10 8 years ago

Any version of Aquaman blows.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Captain Nemo is the closest to 20,000 leagues under the sea, too bad not a big quantity being made.

That's definitely the closest as far as a game being 100% themed around it, but Verne's World is largely based on it as well. It even has a Nautilus toy and a giant squid toy. Sadly, there's just a very small quantity of these as well.

#12 8 years ago

I'd be in if it was based on Mastodon's Leviathan record. Blood and thunder multiball!!

#13 8 years ago

Moby Dick, Hmmm.
The licencing fee could be fairly low. Ahab chasing a big Whale. Plenty of metaphors and characters to follow.
The soundtrack, well, that will need some work. Whistling, chain rattling, cannon fire, storm sounds, fife, Whale breaths, sea gulls, and maybe a squeeze box or two.

#14 8 years ago

Hmmm..... Not bad of a theme at all, good thinking.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Pirates Of The Caribbean

#16 8 years ago

First thing I thought of reading the title.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Any version of Aquaman blows.

This guy?

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

#18 8 years ago

If it's a marine theme....My vote is for JAWS...
1408515931_1399010249_u6dwt2_att-url-download.jpg1408515931_1399010249_u6dwt2_att-url-download.jpg

#19 8 years ago

There's a really cool original theme for pinball fx2 called Secrets of the Deep. I wonder if pinball gets popular enough if they will make physical machines of some of the digital themes like Timeshock.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Pinball is long over due for a maritime theme of substance. There have been a few. Some good ones. Herman Melville's classic novel lends itself perfectly to pinball.

15 years ago I really thought that Hollywood would do an updated version of Moby Dick, but it hasn't happened yet. I still think it would make more sense than another superhero rehash. It's an epically dark story and if done right (haha) would be amazing to see with a big budget. Of course, would be a good pinball too.

#21 8 years ago

Have you seen what they have done the last few years to classic stories and charcters? (Sherlock Holmes, Dracula, Wolf Man, etc)

Never will happen....as it should. Go watch the Peck version - it is pretty good.

#22 8 years ago

I suppose a STTNG could be re-themed...

Picahab.jpgPicahab.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 90.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

£ 195.00
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.