Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1158 Summary of downsides Posted by pookycade (1 year ago)

Post #5133 Programmer Posted by Mr68 (1 year ago)

Post #5520 2nd installment of $1k USD Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Post #5946 Week 3 summary Posted by Beechwood (1 year ago)

Post #6424 Thread summary for week 5 Posted by Beechwood (1 year ago)

Post #7332 How to reset your password Posted by Jvspin (1 year ago)

Post #8068 Another $1k USD provided ($5k now?) Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Post #9810 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Post #10008 Another installment of $1k USD ($6k total now?) Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jp1985.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#57 1 year ago

Why mention the license on the forum without first securing it?

#146 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Not sure if you heard, but he knows people. Pinball people.

A13D8825-D7BB-4C39-AFF4-113C7E1840B0 (resized).pngA13D8825-D7BB-4C39-AFF4-113C7E1840B0 (resized).png
    #164 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Had my 3 beers at my local bar patio. A whale is out there, the search continues the rest of July. I have pepperoni, 2 or 3 times a week. There is lots of locations the boys are seen at. Living most of my life here, I know almost all the locations the show was filmed at.

John, as a tourist what should I do up there? May head up in a few weeks.

1 week later
    #529 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What really piques my curiosity is the distinction of those with $10K cash as "mini whales."
    How hard up to you have to be to think that having $10k on hand makes someone a mini-whale?!

$10k won’t even buy that new fem-pin from JJP.

#599 1 year ago

Plan A July, Plan B August, or Die September 1 this year. Do not know how to explain the end date any easier than that.

Could you provide a project road map?

#761 1 year ago

I will say it again for my big supporters here. NO MONEY is coming my way.

Will the money be put in escrow then?

#1239 1 year ago

Project dies from the TPB & their licensing company before the build start..

Will you be pitching a "Plan B" license if TPB decline?

#1255 1 year ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

I think you need a plan C- get a job and do it yourself. You speak of your meager retirement check. Get off the keyboard, out of the tavern, and earn it like the rest of us whales, mini whales, and wannabe whales.

The irony is that if we all took our time that we have spent in these whale threads and billed it out at the rate we get for our real careers we could finance the 100k if not more!

#1541 1 year ago

I’m more interested in seeing the email he sent to them.

#1652 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Go big or go home.
    Guy has no quit in him.
    Good guy with a big heart.
    Whether he makes it or not, I’ll applaud his efforts.
    It’s kind of like Tommy Boy or Animal House. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no.
    They underestimated Tommy Boy too.

You can take a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a bull's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?

#1872 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

which is why he doesn’t really have any investors. Until they pay something, they are interested parties only. Until they sign a contract to pay on milestones, it is strictly voluntary. Damn it GWJ, collect some $ and get these investors invested. Until then it is all pie in the sky and doesn’t exist.
    I’d go with trailer park girls, mud wrestling girls or Hoes from NYC. Make my dreams come though.

Actually I think a raunchy retheme kit would be more realistic and scalable.

#1880 1 year ago

Home now, & like I said no beer today.

How come?

#2261 1 year ago
    Quoted from mof:

inline drops for the nazi biker gang, with some magic option that can drop them all if you get Clyde riled up by pounding the dreaded lockdown bar button. OH yeah.

Maybe it should be based on pounding on the glass.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pounding-on-tempered-playfield-glass/

#2648 1 year ago

Said the game will be a pro style game. Did not say the era but it will be electronic. The budget is $10k US for each game. Some stuff will have to go to keep the BOM reasonable.

Will you be voicing the call outs?

#2675 1 year ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I like how the game has gone from being a Stern Pro level machine to basically a 70s Bally SS. Things not exactly working out as planned - because there was never a plan.
    At this point the theme doesn’t even matter. How “adult” can it be with no screen? It’s basically Whoa Nellie and we all know what a sales monster that was.

Pretty soon it will be flipperless.

#3210 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

"I've just opened beer #5 at 1:30 on a Tuesday. As far as rules go, that is something my Coach is going to have to discuss with my Whale-Pod crew. There is a guy at the bar who says he knows FORTRAN, I am thinking he will be able to program this game in a day or two, so that goalpost will be moved to February 29th"

There is no way a game can be programmed in a day or two even using an existing code base and having zero testing/debugging.

2 weeks later
    #4880 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Had some beers at the Rammstein concert in Chicago last night. Someone should make a Rammstein pin

Du Hast!

1 week later
    #5511 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

You just let us assume there was one this whole time?? We are collectively shocked at this revelation!

Haha thanks for the laugh tonight.

#5642 1 year ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

John starting to give as much as he gets! Enjoy the bacon $$ I sent you.

Who would throw in on a cured meats pinball machine? Bacon, Prosciutto and Capocollo themed. Mod Couple could make a Slim Jim shooter rod mod.

2 weeks later
    #6310 1 year ago

Well, time for a pitcher of beer on the patio.

1 month later
    #7926 1 year ago

It is a average of beer per day. Some days I have zero for days, or like today 9. Here is a picture of some of the stuff, & I had too many beers today & calling it a night. The coach responded that the artist is standing by when I am ready.
    [quoted image]

nice!

#8105 1 year ago

Had a bad reaction with a brownie, so only second hand smoke for me. Saturday is a slow time for the bus system, so had the scenic routes. Had to hit 2 Sobeys to get a deal. Breakfast & Lunch meals. Bread is super dry, washed the breakfast one down with senior McD coffee. Do some playfield work later today. The coach sent in the next $1k US for Pinball Life order.
    [quoted image]

That sandwich looks troubling.

#8124 1 year ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Why is Bud so expensive in Canada? That’s almost double the cost where I’m at.

It’s imported?

#8235 1 year ago

I think they should set up Patreon and live stream their work. I bet it would do well.

#8259 1 year ago

Had KFC value meal tonight, that they do not advertise (less than $7, get a can of pop since the fountain is out of order).

What else comes with it?

#8435 1 year ago

Back from the bar, had 5 beers.

If I had that many beers I’d running to the bathroom. I’m more of a hard alcohol guy.

#8711 1 year ago

The cabinet will be built locally. Had no beer so far today, just played some pinball & hot dogs with root beer for free. Beer count was pretty high Friday night on fresh beer there & another 2 at the social. The operator is in a bad mood today, & I have to move some more stuff into my area.

What brand of hot dog do you gravitate toward?

3 weeks later
    #9745 1 year ago

Flipping whitewood before xmas. I do know how to do contacts & connectors contrary to what people think.

Anything special planned with the Misses for Christmas?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jp1985.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching?tu=jp1985 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.