Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1158 Summary of downsides Posted by pookycade (1 year ago)

Post #5133 Programmer Posted by Mr68 (1 year ago)

Post #5520 2nd installment of $1k USD Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Post #5946 Week 3 summary Posted by Beechwood (1 year ago)

Post #6424 Thread summary for week 5 Posted by Beechwood (1 year ago)

Post #7332 How to reset your password Posted by Jvspin (1 year ago)

Post #8068 Another $1k USD provided ($5k now?) Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Post #9810 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Post #10008 Another installment of $1k USD ($6k total now?) Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gjm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#124 1 year ago
    images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
    #208 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

So, if I understand you correctly, the success or failure of the project will rely on your ability to organize and guide a bunch of subcontractors (who will take care all design duties, art, sound, programming, etc...)? You will also handle all the materials procurement, and build the game?

Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Capable of doing many things, & not allowed to mention the other one. I will explain it again, the contractors, retired designer & artist from pinball past, & myself will get paid out of a single big whale investor for $100k US.

I give him credit for at least trying to do something that obviously seems to be a goal he wants to achieve.

#212 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

There are a lot of very successful and famous people that have filed bankruptcy only to come back to reinvent themselves and thrive!
    I would never put anyone’s efforts down no matter how implausible it might sound.
    Because I’m wondering who you think you are to condemn and judge others? lol:
    Go get em Big John, I think you are just now hitting your stride. Make it happen!

Not meaning any harm or foul on him and I hope he does get what he is looking for in an investor. After posting it, I realize it was a "troll" post and I will edit it because you are right that at least he's trying to do something productive to make a recovery and I'm all for that.

#314 1 year ago

John, this is your quote from the other thread, page 11 post #547: "The guys knowing about bankruptcy will understand that the $100k US is not coming my way. It has to go to all the contractors & parts suppliers in this build. I will likely see no money out of this. Just the satisfaction of showing it can be done."

Now this post in this thread #205: "I will explain it again, the contractors, retired designer & artist from pinball past, & myself will get paid out of a single big whale investor for $100k US."

So are you being paid or not...???
    And why are you always saying "A USA investor?" I'm sure there are lots of investors in Canada.

#491 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:I tried to call but got some random bar

Hey John, phone call for you

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    #514 1 year ago

"Anyone can call me on my cell phone 902-402-7188"
    Ahhhh...hello...

#742 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:As always my phone is on, & ready to talk

Hey Beavis...did you call John yet? The deadline is almost here.

#763 1 year ago

Can you please explain these two different statements you made about being paid???

John, this is your quote from the other thread, page 11 post #547: "The guys knowing about bankruptcy will understand that the $100k US is not coming my way. It has to go to all the contractors & parts suppliers in this build. I will likely see no money out of this. Just the satisfaction of showing it can be done."

Now this post in this thread #205: "I will explain it again, the contractors, retired designer & artist from pinball past, & myself will get paid out of a single big whale investor for $100k US."

So are you being paid or not...???

#834 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

To secure an IP you leave an immediate deposit of earnest money.

Hmmm.... Lets see... 5 cents for a beer can returnable multiply by 2,000,000 cans = $100,000
    I think that will do it.

FKKC2OOLOFAVRD7YBVKWVRCFCY (resized).jpgFKKC2OOLOFAVRD7YBVKWVRCFCY (resized).jpg
    #836 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Where's the Labatt's and the Molson eh?

He drank them first so they are at the bottom of the pile.

#1037 1 year ago

Can someone, anyone, explain to me why John's original thread was "closed" but this one hasn't been? Aren't both threads fairly identical?

#1080 1 year ago

Shipping, tax, & other extras not included with the game. It will be a finished & fully working pinball machine. It most likely will not be a deep rules with endless wizard mode rule sets, which costs much more programing & not the player arena I am looking for.

#1187 1 year ago

Shit happens to other companies, & they are still in business.

Yup, just look at "Pinball Basement."

#1192 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

something you'd see at a hippie farmers market.

2 weeks later
    #2433 1 year ago

People here think I am the track long shot that likely will never win a race. Time will tell.

Who won the Kentucky Derby this year?

2 weeks later
    #3887 1 year ago

Steve Young is another order

John, can you elaborate on what you're ordering from PBR?

2 weeks later
    #5195 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:The Buds are standing by to finish the night.

I'm ready for the weekend

#5312 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Impressive! But do you have a piece of paneling from 1981?

Maybe a piece off of this 1981 beauty.

#5574 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:Does anyone know what is not politically correct from the coaches ideas so far. Just so I have a idea to avoid talking about.

I "think" it has to do with a certain problem Texas has with a bordering country where as all of the states bordering Canada doesn't.

#5849 1 year ago

In Canada you get different colored ham cuts, seen it all my life.

Have you ever seen this color ham in Canada?

2 weeks later
    #6371 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:How dare you? Hater! It's 4%
    or not.

Or it dies

#6766 1 year ago

Of course the game would be finished. There is actually a team involved when needed, not just myself alone in this adventure.

My conclusion is with this being said ^^^^^, the pin is being built, just not at John's shop but at a secret location

#6960 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Do you believe in miracles?

YES I do

#7151 1 year ago

OK, serious question: How does one change their AOL email to Gmail and let everyone know??? I want to do it (I think) but between family, friends, tons of businesses I do business with, all of my doctors, insurance's, credit cards ECT ECT it would take a massive effort to notify everyone. Is there an "easy solution?"
    I guess I never thought about doing it after all of these years because I never had any issues with AOL but the other day I called to place an order for something and the girl laughed when I gave her my AOL email, when I asked her how to change it and let everyone know about the change.... Crickets.
    If it ain't broke, why fix it.?

#7183 1 year ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

I gotta ask since I am so curious--what songs did you play?

Frank Sinatra: I did it "My Way"

#7259 1 year ago

I still think Coach will get his pin on time or shortly there after because all this thread is for GWJ is a complete circus sideshow for his own entertainment and ours. I believe the actual build is going on elsewhere by other people & yes I'm been partaking in it since the other thread was open. I must admit though, between his food & beer intake reports, wife with her suitcase of bud and his telling us his daily routine ect ect, it's starting to get a little stale, repetitious & boring.
    I'll will be looking forward to the completed build and the real people responsible for building it when it happens though.

#7271 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

What exactly are the next steps? is there anything preventing him from starting to populate the new plywood? He has some of the parts now.

This is preventing him:

MDFWXRRLHBDNBPGMP6S3Y7VZRQ (resized).jpgMDFWXRRLHBDNBPGMP6S3Y7VZRQ (resized).jpg
    #7532 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:John, what kind of salad dressing do you like to use for your healthy salads when you have them?

Probably ones that are at least 3-5 years expired like his BBQ sauce and mustard

#7697 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

This whole thread is purely ridiculous.

It will be interesting to see in the end who actually built the pin for Ice.

1 week later
    #8327 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Is Aviroo a GWJ burner account?

This is definitely a burner account for GWJ, hands down. Nice try GWJ.

#8370 1 year ago

Avi is cleaning up

Hey John, in the picture in post # 8351, is that a CRT monitor on the back bench?? If so, better tell Avi to be careful if he is cleaning up and decides to move that. As most of us know the outcome from that electrical shock can really screw your day up.

#8418 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

some need to grow up a bit and put on some big boy pants. Running to the mods because I called someone a Karen......good job.

Nothing but a bunch of cry baby woke mommy boys.

#8484 1 year ago

Yes that is why the electronics & power supplies are standing by.

John, what's the plan for the wiring harnesses for this build and the coding?

1 week later
    #8950 1 year ago

Hey John, I saw where you posted in the Australian CPR backglass issue thread and it got me thinking to ask you about who will make/design the backglass/translite for the pin?

1 week later
    #9273 1 year ago

You guys are a laugh get yourself a good woman. I have not done the dirty deed since I got my wife. Sure they will complain about a bunch of shit. But if they do not want to get your basic needs done, then find a better woman. I had 2 beers at the shop watching Avi, & with the local BMW superstar with no money for beer. Went to the bar & tonight with my crappy nickel bets won $67. So I had 5 more beers & 2 on a guy that was a winner. He gave the bar tender $100 tip, & I gave him some more money. Beer count is 9 & I think I will stay here at the shop & have some more. Avi did a good job so far on the shop job, but he did not take any pictures or notes so it should be a good learning lesson. Avi can keep posting what ever he wants as a free man. Prove that he is not Jpop's nephew at the shop, & I got a free used roll of ground braid from him years ago. Likely paid for by Kim & others.

Another post and once again: Nothing, nada, zilch about the so called "wiring has started" or anything else about the build. Unfortunately this thread has turned into nothing but a reality TV show for John with us only reading the script.

#9384 1 year ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I want to say $4.4k unless I've missed an update. And no, lol.

Did you add in the 6 burnt bulbs and dirty old playfield rubber from the 2nd picture in post #9364?

#9409 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I don't know, not much has changed.

Wash, rinse, repeat.......

#9448 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Makes things hard I’ll bet.

#9591 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:Not in a panic mode yet, & beer count is still zero today. xmas is coming!

Hey John speaking of Xmas, are you taking time off from work? Maybe close the shop from Dec.23rd to Jan 2nd..?? What's on the gift list for the wife?
    Or is all this not part of the plan?

#9627 1 year ago

White wood almost ready for testing....

5036c15613aafc741e3bb5f59e43e4342ea64ad9 (resized).jpg5036c15613aafc741e3bb5f59e43e4342ea64ad9 (resized).jpgeb6f3a60d8b9d34c3d68b3ade8afa6f1c9b9025d (resized).jpgeb6f3a60d8b9d34c3d68b3ade8afa6f1c9b9025d (resized).jpg
    #9630 1 year ago
    Quoted from Topher5000:

I was at a funeral yesterday & afterwards, we had actual funeral sandwiches.

Were there leftovers you could have sent to John?

#9671 1 year ago

John, can you give some insight as to where all of those wires are going to be connected to on the other end?
    Also, when is the next check installment coming from the Coach? And for what parts?

5e33241d34d700d3f294b258f7beaf84ad44aa5f (resized).jpg5e33241d34d700d3f294b258f7beaf84ad44aa5f (resized).jpg
    #9674 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

I'm with John on just wiring with old wires for now.. if things were going to change. But he's already stated things are unlikely to change, and now all the rush leaves no real time to fully test shots, tweak and move things around, etc. anyway. It's just going to be what it is.. and still have to take all the changes he DID add and communicate that back for the CAD model adjustments and hope it's all right when it gets to the CNC.
    But honestly, here we go again with napkin timelines. January 2023 printed and clearcoated pf. OK.. well Avi seems to be knocking out the soldering so that's good. We're near mid-Dec right now.. let's say all wires soldered by Monday next week. They go nowhere, PSU's and boards all need to be wired/setup - probably no connectors on hand for the board loops / to computer. Housings and pins ordered? Correct pin crimper on hand? All these little things.. fortunately once this is all done, the work Brian Madden put in this summer on MPF I *believe should make it much easier to install vs. earlier times where it could be very frustrating trying to install the correct versions of stuff via pip. But there's still a hurdle there to a flipping machine. We'll be lucky to see a flipping game Jan 2023, much less have art done, CNC files updated, CNC board made, Art applied, and playfield cleared. Napkin plans have a funny way of being reaaally far off from reality.

This is why I have posted a few times already that the real pin is being made outside of this reality tv style thread.

#9703 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

Eventually. when he does finish this pinball machine. if it's within at least one of the deadlines he set for himself. it'll be a good occasion to go drinking.

I don't think John needs to make one of his "deadlines" for a reason/occasion to go drinking.

#9711 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

The plan is to have a shooting whitewood by Christmas.

Only if Santa brings one to him is that going to happen.

#9727 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

Ultimately it’s John’s project though

I don't think it's John's "project", it's Johns "job" to build it. Ultimately it's Ice's project, as he is the person financing it.

#9751 1 year ago

Or the cabinet maker may know John from past business experience's and is asking for some upfront cash deposit before starting the cabinet..... And John isn't following through for whatever reason but I'm sure we'll hear about it.

#9782 1 year ago

John, did that monster size drag race cabinet get picked up yet? You got to free up more space to get the white wood the room it needs.

#9802 1 year ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

If nothing else comes out of this thread, and ever winding tale, I'm happy that Avi has gotten into something that can bring joy to all of us.....good ole pinball. And it probably does GWJ a TON of good, to have a 'partner in crime' so to speak, even if its a few hours a day, etc.

Everyone deserves and good friend as their side kick

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #10365 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I’m a bit chunky, but I’ll ride in the trunk..just provide , air, beef jerkey and a few beers and I’ll be alright

James Cagney "White Heat"

#10391 1 year ago

They are just waiting on me & the coach to have the first one finished.

waiting-bored (resized).pngwaiting-bored (resized).png
    #10554 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I’ve sent John $6k to this point.

Merry X-mas Ice, I know you owe us nothing but can you possibly tell us what the $6K was spent on? John was asked this many times but with zero response.

#10603 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

but i am doing it to spite ice, and i'm going to have a good time doing it.

Quoted from AviRoo:

John is my best buddy, i care about him.

Avi, why are doing this in "Spite of Ice" when he was the only guy funding your "Best Buddies" build for him?

#10608 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

Because ice was hitting the wobbly pops and felt the need to go into my DM's. If he's going to tell me to go fuck myself last night and then pretend it didn't happen today. it's like okay buddy.

Fair enough, thanks for explaining it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gjm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching?tu=gjm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.