Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1158 Summary of downsides Posted by pookycade (1 year ago)

Post #5133 Programmer Posted by Mr68 (1 year ago)

Post #5520 2nd installment of $1k USD Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Post #5946 Week 3 summary Posted by Beechwood (1 year ago)

Post #6424 Thread summary for week 5 Posted by Beechwood (1 year ago)

Post #7332 How to reset your password Posted by Jvspin (1 year ago)

Post #8068 Another $1k USD provided ($5k now?) Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Post #9810 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Post #10008 Another installment of $1k USD ($6k total now?) Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cdnpinbacon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#93 1 year ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I thought I recognized that guy. Never saw TPBs but I've seen this. There's a recent pinball connection now that Rush was made. Looks like Ed Robertson in there as well.

There is a trailer park boys episode featuring Rush / Alex Lifeson as well. One of my favourites. Would be a great theme for pinball. “ cmon Alex play that Diane Sawyer song”

#118 1 year ago

T-Shirt Pinside Designer ..Please a whale Version!

#121 1 year ago
    Quoted from ryank11379:

I guess a lot of us aren’t very familiar with doing custom pins, but we seem pretty familiar in messing with Canadians.
    Who’s the eye in the sky at Pinside closing threads and mysteriously moderating my posts? Reveal yourself!

sometimes i get my posts moderated and im very thankful!

#123 1 year ago

Great t shirt idea I.m.o

1657148043611800535624634141703 (resized).jpg1657148043611800535624634141703 (resized).jpg
    #152 1 year ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

It was at the NSLC on Tacoma Drive in Darmouth, NS.
    That may be the spot to harpoon a whale for this fantasy project.
    Or at least get the TPB license for a case of beer and some pepperoni.

Time for the crazy killegrews rat lady video Hue?

#157 1 year ago
    Quoted from RJW:

[quoted image]

Randy! Never laughed so hard when He first met Barb he was prostituting himself in a hamburger drive thru

#158 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Randy! Never laughed so hard when He first met Barb he was prostituting himself in a hamburger drive through

#168 1 year ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

John, as a tourist what should I do up there? May head up in a few weeks.

Eat lots of Seafood!

#196 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

What is the walkway interpreting?

Grass is cut too low?

Edit I had a few.

#272 1 year ago

John, should you not secure the license first?? cmon man this is joke right?

#275 1 year ago

"nothing wrong with having a reveal at my brothers house" I'm out.

#337 1 year ago

Best pinside Troll 2022

#347 1 year ago

The Free Willy marketing plan

#432 1 year ago

John, If the TPB decide to research such project why would they give you the license? You need that right?

#434 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

No I am not looking for a license to produce TPB pinball games. Just looking to have either a super pimped out $100k US one of a kind, or
    3 lower entry level examples like a pro but with some bling. I am serious & will see how it pans out for this over the next 7 weeks. If there is interest then a manufacturer would seek out the license after SXSW & TPF with the boys. What ever happens I will have permission to move ahead from the boys that own the rights, or it dies before anything is built. A few close friends went to school with one of the actors, & see him at times. The other 2 actors are seen in my area also. So I have reached out to meet up hopefully this summer (July-August).

Your business plan better be Rock Fn solid if you meet with the boys John

#436 1 year ago

John, if you were in my office explaining your concept..I would call in human resources.

1 week later
    #1288 1 year ago

John I think more people would be interested if you have secured the license. You still don't have that?
    I want an NHL pin and looking for investors totalling 6 figures before I secure the license..cmon man

#1425 1 year ago

John, as earlier mentioned by another pinsider, why didn't you just ask us to help you build your own prototype first?
    Then once it's built, then approach the boys. I would suggest someone else as your spokesperson and don't tell everyone how much you and your wife like to drink. No one cares John. Focus man!

#1435 1 year ago

Thanks. I do have a team in place to get it done. Day number 5 for those that think I have a serious health problem.

Giving you some good advice John...that would be my plan B . Health problems with stress = heart attack John. Reel it back brother

#1463 1 year ago
    Quoted from damageinc55:

Will you please share your pitch for the license with us? You should have that put together by now.

#1464 1 year ago

I'll sub in via zoom if need be.

#1472 1 year ago

John how are possibly going to provide sales projections??? Your business plan is a complete mess

#1501 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

John you will not get a license nailed down in 2 weeks. This is a patently ludicrous notion.
    You don't know enough to know how much you don't know.

John wants a verbal financial commitment from investors before his sales pitch for a license?
    The pin is a good idea but I wish an established company would secure the license first.

#1514 1 year ago

Might already be in the works. Like I said approached Dave Fix first about the project. Since American Pinball seemed like the only logical choice of going into commercial production. The sleuths here can look up & see if that title has been taken for pinball. I will wait & talk with TPB & the licensing company next week.

Have a well thought out script John can you have your script reviewed by us first? I'm really trying to help

#1517 1 year ago

Ok let the dice roll

#1520 1 year ago

Can we see it?

#1602 1 year ago

Guilty!
    Ok so I paid 16 bucks for 6

20220729_170826 (resized).jpg20220729_170826 (resized).jpg
    #1605 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Canadians have got all kinds of great beer!

True but 1 can of Rush beer is over 3 bucks

#1675 1 year ago

Could be worse.. could've been born in North Korea!

#1677 1 year ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I’d be willing to wager if you added up everything GWJ has spent on alcohol in the last year he’d be a mini-whale himself.

John should stop/slow down drinking..liver disease is a silent killer. I drink my share but not usually during the week. Your liver needs time to absorb the punishment.

#1681 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

One eight hour shift away...
    [quoted image]

In Atlantic Canada time zone too! Lol!

#1687 1 year ago

There are no other companies interested so far , they would sell except John's non existent company is the only entity inquiring about a license.you have to register a company first John, preferably Inc.

#1689 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Meh, for some reason this guy is now following me around the forum, commenting in my posts. Not sure why either, seemed like we have some pins in commom.
    Anyhoo. How much time is left?

Must be a Red Sox fan

#1696 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Ill give you this, you all sure do close ranks.
    Also, baseball sucks.

No it doesn't

#1699 1 year ago

Don't comprehend the baseball sucks part? Why so

#1701 1 year ago

It's a Great game steeped in tradition. It provides joy to so many families. That does not suck.

#1708 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:Exactly, You know, things you can do in America.
    You can go watch baseball and be a spectator. I actually pity you now, knowing you have no idea what it means to haul ass, burn some race gas and burn rubber, just for the hell of it.
    I take everything back and will pray for you.

Sunset speedway in innsifil Is a great time! I can hear the races sometimes on a quiet night. Live close and been to many races.

#1713 1 year ago

I coached baseball and didn't abuse a child

#1758 1 year ago

If you market the game, after you have gauged interest from buyers on Pinside, how many TPB games would sell?

#1760 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

See, that's just it. It's a Canadian show with a small American audience. No one would buy it unless it was rethemed to another title/subject.

Being a sales marketing guy all my life ,I may not disagree but need to see the real numbers , there are a lot of fans

#1776 1 year ago
    Quoted from movingpictures:

<blockquote cite="#7054122"
    Several of my friends said "you are not doing Pinside right" regarding my posts: so thanks and awesome, I have done it wrong for 7 years in 20 posts. I'm out.
    On your way out, please don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!
    So long, and thanks for all the fish ...

What door?

#1791 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

That's about the coolest thing you have said around here.

Nah..his speculation on the covid hysteria financial market turned out to be spot on

#1793 1 year ago

Hahaha! Where’s Conkey? Automatic bash toy!

#1849 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sinistarrett:

I say, just stick with the artificial intelligence for the art! Who needs an artist when simple text prompts turn out masterpieces like, “Trailer Park Boys beer bottle pinball” and plain ol “Trailer Trash Pinball”?
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Good album pic for a band named Satan’s arcade room

#1915 1 year ago

Too funny! ..thread goes off rails to judge hot chicks

#1924 1 year ago

You need a professional negotiator with 100% knowledge of the proposal. You don't have that John to deal with the license. Your presentation should include design and projections. Don't waste your time without this I.m.o

#1936 1 year ago

4 and 5 aren't too bad

#1998 1 year ago

Vdoj..you're going to straight to hell. See you there!
    However I am a born again religious man and will be deducting 1 day from my pinball week because of the comments I just made.

#2019 1 year ago

Still scratch my head why you are so bull headed and go fund me route John..Lots of people would help/guide you ..keep it branded with the original TPB theme

#2030 1 year ago

John is clever otherwise he would ban himself from his foul answers. Something is afoot here

#2032 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

John is clever otherwise he would ban himself from his foul answers. Something is afoot here

I did honestly mean telling all the people trashing you to GFY
    You have thick skin John ill give you that . Good luck .my invitation to present a well thought out proposal stands

#2153 1 year ago

The theme should stick with trailer park boys aiming for eventual presentation to TPB?

#2155 1 year ago

No, just another 5 days of no interest from the boys to go before it is officially dead. Trailer Trash will be a different thought process.

Doesn't matter what the license gate keeper says...if you have a great prototype...keep the theme I.m.o
    You can deal with that later once you have a prototype and $ projections. Next time you reach out to the license company it should be by phone and a meeting scheduled.

#2158 1 year ago

John --call, not email, not first am, closer to the end of day preferably on a Thursday or Friday, and speak to the gate keeper in person to confirm no interest
    We can provide the script for you.

#2300 1 year ago

the art concept/toys should very resemble the Trailer park Boys theme i.m.o should feature weed prominently or TBP original does not exist?

#2479 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I am no conspiracy theorist.....but to have received a C&D letter, I have to believe that some asshole copied some of John's posts and his intentions and sent them off to the license holders for review. If John is claiming that he never got in touch with any of the boys, then how in the hell would they have known that was what he wanted to do and ultimately fire off a C&D? No one fires off a C&D for an interest or inquiry.
    Something smells extremely foul here. That is some low shit.

Unless the licensor decided to check it out and googled trailer park pinball...easy to find the thread..Mabey that’s what happened

#2552 1 year ago

Curious John why you feel Trailer Trash is an acceptable theme? I know a few people that live in trailer parks and they are good folk.

#2559 1 year ago

Me too..Still I would he ashamed to tell my fellow red necks I was making a Trailer Trash pin. Change the name I.m.o

#2565 1 year ago

Trailer park paradise

.fixed it!

#2566 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Trailer park paradise
    .fixed it!

300 bucks includes pinside discount.

#2567 1 year ago

Align the game and toys to a very close TPB theme and your good to go!

#2571 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Align the game and toys to a very close TPB theme and your good to go!

By the time you have finished the prototype then you can reapproach the license company but let a professional contact them next time...by phone not email for a face to face meeting In person or zoom.

#2688 1 year ago

Ok a boutique pinball, do you plan on changing the offensive title if you ever decide to mass produce?

#2691 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

If trailer parks are the theme that gets John excited enough to get to work, then it's a good enough theme.
    They can slap a new theme on it later if he does somehow turn out a great shooting pin.

Trailer parks are fine Just the Word Trash in particular ..Trailer Park Paradise or Trailer Park Riviera .. fits better

#2693 1 year ago

Trailer park escapades is a good name as well..
    The word trash should appear nowhere on the game, again I have friends in trailer parks one of them sold me a pinball machine as well.

#2696 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah I have things I could be drawing in CAD, or I can suggest dumb ideas like decorating the pops to look like old tractor tires and oil barrels. I do think the game needs a junky car as a bash toy to beat on. Some cheap metal car toy with an an opto in front of it. Maybe an old broken satellite dish in the corner as decoration (if ambitious, copy the Goldeneye satellite dish mech)

Broken satellite in the corner as a decoration! LOL

#2713 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

After saying some of my ideas, Big Buck Hunter probably has some ideas worth stealing and iterating on. Need a UFO to abduct a local

mabey an upper level where you have to pound though overgrown grass and weeds to bash a derelict lawnmower?

#2715 1 year ago

a mechanical weed that grows as points and objectives are completed. weeds should be celebrated not frowned upon.

#2717 1 year ago

collect bike parts from the local pond lake to build a fully working bicycle.

#2719 1 year ago

Just got a message from Jon. I will post up the layout on Saturday, unless #1 investor feels like doing it earlier. Jon is following & will be looking at all the input here: The Good, Bad, & Ugly. But I do not think he wants to join in the circus. He wants people to know that he will not be doing any programing of this game, & I might have to find another source for a 5 bank drop target assembly. You will see the design still titled TPB, but the game is Trailer Trash unless someone wants a different title at a higher cost.
    I did say Stern Pro style game which is what it will be like. Just did not say the time machine was early Stern. The journey is well under way.</blockquote
    Why cant the word trash be removed John?

#2723 1 year ago

You cant or wont remove the word Trash John? ..not sure I comprehend what you said

#2729 1 year ago

I like it, so it remains. But if people want something different the word Trailer needs to remain, & you pay more for the changed glass.
    I continue to take advice here, & filter out anything good or bad. But it is ultimately my project over the next 6 months. The max build is 10 games, there will not be take it to 11!

John, trailer is ok ..The word Trash is not
    keep the theme close to the original TPB if you manage to pull this off

#2730 1 year ago

A puppet Conkey type bash toy would be cool

#2733 1 year ago

What did I say? 300 USF funds all-in per advice. Now its up to $900 USF funds John? just kidding but get to work!

#2748 1 year ago

I like it, so it remains. But if people want something different the word Trailer needs to remain, & you pay more for the changed glass.
    I continue to take advice here, & filter out anything good or bad. But it is ultimately my project over the next 6 months. The max build is 10 games, there will not be take it to 11!

Remove Trash from your brain ..thats a good start

#2851 1 year ago

Has Jon approved the word trash? Just wanted to make sure

#2853 1 year ago

Good point Levi

#3198 1 year ago

Should at least let the ICE cool in the penalty box before hitting him again

#3290 1 year ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Saw this but now it's not relevant anymore, alas!
    [quoted image]

You didn't buy it?? Cmon man. That's hilarious

#3292 1 year ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Saw this but now it's not relevant anymore, alas!
    [quoted image]

She Has a baby pig in her arms! LOL

#3294 1 year ago

Thats Ruth Langmore?

#3481 1 year ago

Can’t wait for that penalty box smash open!

#3483 1 year ago

Well the locals here are coming around to the build idea, & wait to see it. So there are more mini whales even in my area that have perked up with a Jon Norris game design. Guys with money, & serious pinball collections.
    I did find out this morning that the TPB director was not spoken to, same with the actors by myself or my friends. So the C & D language & lack of interest by their license company towards a TPB pinball machine is with them.

Does that not change the design John? That’s great news regarding the TPB license

#3489 1 year ago

I can See one day a crowd holding up John at a pinball show chanting Rudy!

#3497 1 year ago

Sorry..Sales question..how many machines Based on the TPB theme would sell in a calendar year? (Ya know budgets;and everything

#3501 1 year ago

Depends on securing of license..

#3510 1 year ago

There was a main distributor based in Ontario called new way sales in the early 80s that I am aware of

#3602 1 year ago

My new grandson said 5 will be built!

4D7DF7DD-276F-4246-93F3-16CFE5E502F1 (resized).jpeg4D7DF7DD-276F-4246-93F3-16CFE5E502F1 (resized).jpeg
    #3715 1 year ago

Damn I wish I was sitting at that bar!

#4163 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Speaking of beer and monster trucks, my good buddy owns a few trucks, including the Red Dog truck!
    https://monstertruck.fandom.com/wiki/Red_Dog

Love to have a signed pic for my man cave...please pm me!!!

#4597 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:31 days in August, Bub
    Blame Augustus

Augustas from Lonesone dove! The book by Larry McMurchary Spawned the brilliant series.

#4808 1 year ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

Both of those are good but I have always loved Moosehead the best of all the Canadian beers that we have access to in the USA...

Well played sir.

#4809 1 year ago
    20220902_142511 (resized).jpg20220902_142511 (resized).jpg
    #4815 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Disagree. I value subject matter expertise.

Ok let's be real 30

#4951 1 year ago

Where is the coach calling out plays?

#5035 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

I am a Detroit Lions fan, you can't tell me shit about that topic. I still root for them, somehow thinking they have a shot. Probably why I drink.

>
    I was there...if it makes you feel better I ran a fake TD in the end zone to win the super bowl!

#5043 1 year ago

Same...my mother fed me by slingshot

#5055 1 year ago

Nope definitely not a short fat guy smoking a stogie..mabey tho smoking a fatty

#5068 1 year ago
    Quoted from trecemaneras:

I have not, but here’s a pizza vending machine I saw in Helsinki. You could bake all kinds of pork in there probably. Baking is unfortunately a bit off-brand for this thread though.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

It’s got chucks of feet in the pizza?

#5185 1 year ago

When does the coach return from LAS.. Harry Reid airport I believe? Eta ?

#5188 1 year ago

John can you advise the coaches return eta?, likely his head will still be feverish with football drafts picks and wine swinging ladies

#5191 1 year ago

Why would someone cook beside a placardable hazard??

#5192 1 year ago
    20220909_193729 (resized).jpg20220909_193729 (resized).jpg
    #5212 1 year ago

The Coach should be leaving Las Vegas Sunday night?

#5213 1 year ago

How rested will coach be? Will he be taking notes and hammering Advil on the plane home to Texas?

#5215 1 year ago

Pinside needs a Shasta and cold cut t shirt with patty J

#5266 1 year ago

What about Coach? Is he OK? Are his legs stretched comfortably in the business class seat? Probably has the black out eye patch for getting much needed rest.

#5268 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Bookkeeping ? John is a designer, you know … a pinball manufacturer. John doesn’t need to show you no stinking bookkeeping !

The treasure of Sierra Madre!

#5270 1 year ago

Pouring melted butter And extra salt over microwave popcorn Is my go to.

#5300 1 year ago

- BAAACCCCCOOOONNNNNN !!!

Pardon me sir , what my wife says to me during our romantic interludes is my business.

#5316 1 year ago

The hot plate cooking near used paint is bad...likely noxious rags are nearby as well. Can't you at least cook your meat in the furthest corner, away from the paint cans John? Also please have a window or door open.

#5318 1 year ago

What is the condition of the hot plate? Grease must be removed. Take break my friend a re set your hot plate meat cooking area first and foremost. Shine the hot plate up like new. Where do you wash the hotplate?

#5321 1 year ago

Looks like the paint cans are within 2 feet of a questionable cooking grill. Not good.

#5324 1 year ago

Shouldn't we make sure John has a SAFE eating area first? How old is the hot plate John?

#5326 1 year ago

What is the type of cooking device used by the paint can John?

#5333 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

"Other days I cook bacon, hot dogs, sausage, & steak on the electric grill. My mother purchased years ago before her death, was still in the box. Has lots of use since I retired."

How much use and how many microscopic paint flecks have melted on the the grill ..years?

#5335 1 year ago

Good stuff John but please ensure you are at least 20 feet away from any flammable and have a working fire extinguisher nearby.

#5337 1 year ago

I noticed an Easter egg in the photo...there is a propped up card amongst the hazards?

#5346 1 year ago

Sorry Todd Tuckey signed one not in the picture I tore up to service a em pin & it went into the garbage. Not a sentimental type of guy, & I never buy cards for anyone (including my wife).

Is the card a crumb?

#5348 1 year ago

Looks to me the card was your main focus and the meat cleverly included.

#5352 1 year ago

The card looks like a memento from a pinball show, maybe GWJ and a granddaughter?

Unlikely ..clearly propped up and camera focused. Is a crumb.

#5366 1 year ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

What mech would be used to represent coach’s ego?

Upgraged Corinthian Leather golf cart seats?

#5370 1 year ago

Cab some please upload the Corinthian leather commercial?

#5372 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Damn, what's your beer count?

#5373 1 year ago

Zero ..kidding..it's my fat fingers!

#5377 1 year ago

Don't mean to be Debbie frowner but where's the Coach??

#5441 1 year ago

Dee-bow you would of been a perfect hockey defenseman. I.mo God forbid your futile chance on screening the goalie!

#5450 1 year ago

Please...the press conference with the Coach is over for today. Let the man breathe

#5451 1 year ago

DEE bow and can you please take care of TMZ..

#5455 1 year ago

Seal cutlets contain a flammable juice I believe.

#5460 1 year ago

Coach is back! Finally some semblance of a defensive transition

#5464 1 year ago

Can you please add I am a wichita Lineman by Glen Campbell song if the Theme is based on Texas?

#5473 1 year ago

We are a grizzled and a eclectic bunch with multiple hockey and curling arenas nearby.

#5474 1 year ago

There is a commercial sink. We do not turn on the electric water heater. Sink is only used to rinse out beer bottles or cans. I do not do dishes!
    So you bring the hotplate home to sanitize?

#5476 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Your units of measurement aren't nearly as bad as your recognition of a joke.
    Sorry you missed it.

I don't think he missed it 68.
    Cheers!

#5478 1 year ago

No worries except your river system ..pinball/pinside always gives me good laugh when I'm down in the dumps.

#5487 1 year ago

GWJ Ties getting old pinside thread participation #s ...far away from pinside NFL juicy #S however.

#5507 1 year ago

My wife buys the deluxe frozen dinners, & a huge cooked egg fanatic. Buys the eggs precooked by the bags. She looks after herself. I did not make out well with that steak, & only got 20% of it. It was super tough! So it is out on the street, maybe some Seagulls have their last meal. Very unlikely, & nothing worse then having them shit on you. Jon Norris has many playfield plans commercial or otherwise. He can explain what he is up to, or not. On beer #3 wash done the steak. Had chips & dip earlier. Almost dark here at the workshop. Used a wooden knife tonight, broke a plastic fork.
    [quoted image]

Do you just gnarl the meat? No sides ? Why continue cooking beside flammable open paint cans and combustible flux aerosol cans

#5655 1 year ago

I really hate to swing back to the meat cooking but John please stop messing with my head. Do you require a crock pot? Much safer around flammable paints and combustible cans.

#5656 1 year ago

Crock pot suggestion was brilliant..please John do this. Dipping expired bread won't know the difference..fyi

#5658 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

He already said he doesn't want to change his cooking methods at the shop. I think that's a crock but John goes on his own path so I think John will do what John wants to do. I think that's been pretty well established long ago in this journey though...

Should John decide to go to a poorly ventilated bar not make him flammable due to the carcogens in his exposed skin?

#5664 1 year ago

The mean streets of nova Scotia! LOL !!!

#5666 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Not disagreeing here but I really don't know what you are trying to say... care to elaborate? He's going to catch fire if he goes to a poorly ventilated bar because he is covered in carcinogens? I don't get it...

I just think John should make sure he is safe when he eats and a crock pot, away from the flammables, is best for Johns well being.

#5714 1 year ago
    Quoted from steve-o:

I’m running out of road here….
    [quoted image]

What about a private eye head peeking from behind the whale representing the mean streets of Halifax?

#5718 1 year ago

That bus really cracks me up!

#5732 1 year ago

T shirt idea ...those words should appear below the graphics

#5735 1 year ago
    Quoted from steve-o:

The hat is back.
    [quoted image]

Love the pic..should the main meat not be a pork chop? Instead of KFC change to CBD? To skirt copyright laws.

#5846 1 year ago

The wrath of Fiona should impact Nova Scotia. What’s the news John?

#5850 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:Who knows might be a Category 2. The workshop is on a hill so likely no flooding. Might be quiet on the weekend if no power & everyone hunkered down.

Have provisions depending your proximity to the Ocean John. Watching this storm and praying no one is injured.

#5898 1 year ago

The locker room is out of control. Need the coach in here asap.

#5901 1 year ago

^^Yeah because GWJ seems SUPER concerned about how healthy his diet is…
    If the contact cleaner/paint/propane fumes basting his food don’t bother him I don’t think saturated fat is high on his list.

Anyone else in for "Weightloss Wednesdays"? Ill do it to raise money for John. Anyone else? John will you participate?

#5913 1 year ago

If we need more vegans on the thread, we should recruit him back. I get the impression I'm the only dedicated blueberry eater left standing.

i shovel them raw ..blueberries one of the most healthiest foods in the world
    However my path has strayed to foods of the devil. No more.

#5914 1 year ago
    Quoted from steve-o:

Still my current favorite Pinside thread.
    …. or not.
    [quoted image]

always need the law (mean streets) somewhere behind the whale...even a mini one , please include laser.

#6023 1 year ago

Hurricane Fiona set to slam Eastern NS very early tomorrow morning. The storm will then travel over Cape Breton and onward to NFLD.
    Best of luck John and fellow Canadians / tourists in her wrath. I'll be watching and praying no one is injured.

20220923_135129 (resized).jpg20220923_135129 (resized).jpg

#6033 1 year ago

Not sure if John is located on the Eastern side of the province which will be hit the hardest.

#6037 1 year ago

Is John located in Eastern Halfax ?

#6038 1 year ago

If so , a probability loss of power.

#6040 1 year ago

Never mind that , a historic storm ..you and I both know a hurricane strength storm hanging a left towards the coast is rare.

#6134 1 year ago

Storms are getting more severe, next up Ian a Cat 4-5 beast set to slam Florida

#6147 1 year ago

daisy Chain? what is that ...i get the connection part, but why the name Daisy?

#6149 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

because daisy flowers used to be tied together, that's just the name that stuck

ok cool thx Trey
    Debbie chain would be better

#6178 1 year ago
    John, I am with you here. I have seen some people be pretty rough with games that did not belong to them . I was at the Pinball Life Expo Open House one year and there was a significantly modded Stern Pro Mustang that belonged to one of the custom guys, can't remember which, and there was this dude playing and just beating on it badly. He wasn't nudging or shaking, he was full on dragging the legs left and right because it was obvious the tilt bob wasn't hooked up. I told him off and he was a sniveling little jerkoff. That ain't cool to abuse another's machine, especially one brought for FREE Play for the attendees.
    Imagine a crisp September day at high school , hanging around your 67 firebird..another orange Dart parked beside You.
    Some dude walks up and says , hey man nice cars —thanks buddy, and then the dude kicks the fenderS What would the guys hanging around the cars do to that dude?

#6237 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

I am fully expecting this to end up like the movie Contact. If one recalls in that movie they build a second version of this mammoth alien transporter, this copy done totally in secret. The existence of the carbon copy is revealed only after the first one self destructs from sabotage.

Wasn’t the saboteur the actor that played buddy holly? Can’t remember his name

#6436 1 year ago

Is the latest T shirt version official?. I would like to make a few examples. 49 bucks not including shipping.

1 week later
    #6919 1 year ago

Are you saying this pin will not be ready on time???

20221010_151836 (resized).jpg20221010_151836 (resized).jpg
    #6970 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I will take it a step further for you.....a goaltender. We are all fucking nuts.

Same but forward .goaltender you're brave man.
    Remember crossing the border to play little Caesars..they wore lacrosse masks. Late 70s
    Remember that?

#7261 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Are you sure Mr. Hammer didn't make another personal appearance?

could a crumb be MC Hammer is featured/whale?

#7364 1 year ago

If the pinball succeeds then John you can try again with TPB license?.. Sales dept question.

#7439 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

This is a little past date. But take heed they are waiting for you down there John. Make sure to arrange curbside pickup ahead of time to help stock the reveal.
    [quoted image]

Now that's cool tshirt waiting to happen!

#7548 1 year ago

Free hotdogs across the league tonight

#7549 1 year ago

Deleted post..meant for hockey thread.

#7589 1 year ago

John, you mention Sobeys a good amount. Would you provide your rankings of and thoughts regarding Canada's major homegrown retailers? Loblaws, Sobeys, Metro, Save-On, and Longos come to mind.

Longos is upper crust with an excellent hot table.

#7590 1 year ago

Sobeys is generic but does sell alcohol. The hot table is basic at best however the honey garlic ribs are my go to along with the most basic vegetable fried rice of all time. John is on to something at Sobeys.

#7661 1 year ago
    Quoted from cliff_clavin:

McRib says hold my beer.....[quoted image]

You work space is clean Cliff and your are wearing gloves. Nice!

#7666 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

At least we know the ingredients of a hockey puck. Vulcanized rubber.

“Vulcanized Rubbers stop everything “ So says Spock

#7696 1 year ago

With Sobeys around there will always be more stuff to be shown!</blockquote

I call it Sobies..I cry at cash out.

1 week later
    #8237 1 year ago

John we can send you some fantastic recipes if you owned a crock pot. Why the push back? Healthy and very cost effective.

#8241 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

No disrespect, but there is no way can GWJ figure that out

Perhaps his underling can?

#8315 1 year ago
    20221110_182922 (resized).jpg20221110_182922 (resized).jpg
    #8317 1 year ago

Is Aviroo a GWJ burner account? His wife mabey?

#8318 1 year ago

AVIROO IS JOHNS WIFE

#8356 1 year ago

Yes her social life is hitting the big mall, having coffee, walking around, maybe a meal, & talking with certain lady sales people. Looking at stuff that interests women.
    Avi is at the shop working on his vid. You guys must of had a little influence, he has his hair in a elastic band sanding. Shop door is open, no one is wearing a mask![quoted image]

I should clarify my comment about Avi is Johns wife was meant for John's real wife. I thought Avi was a random newbie. Don't look like chick to me avi and long hair rocks

#8359 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Not sure but I think it's a crock pot!

I wonder if Avi will get his own crock pot.

#8376 1 year ago

Official song Don't let me down by the Beatles?

20221111_144532 (resized).jpg20221111_144532 (resized).jpg
    #8378 1 year ago

Thanks for clearing that up. Most Canadians have passports.

Quoted from cliff_clavin:

Most Canadians (70%) do have passports.

#8475 1 year ago
    Quoted from Steve_d71:

I have to admit I found the earlier post by pinbub very ignorant. I try to stay out of the bullshit bickering, so I bit my tongue.
    But seeing how someone else addressed it I'll give my two cents.
    I'm a tradesperson, carpenter to be exact. Unfortunately I don't have 20 pins. If we were all doctor's, lawyer's, phd's, etc..... who would build your homes? Or renovate them? Not to mention concrete forming for large commercial buildings! For all the offices for the highly educated!
    Anyway, that's my two cents.

A very good friend of mine is also a Carpenter. I am always grateful for his help when I need it. He's accurate and fast.

#8489 1 year ago

My wife tracks my progress when i work in the city. I said I have to pull.over and make an important call. Beer store? Check

#8490 1 year ago

She's not that bad...good cool chick in all fairness.

#8491 1 year ago

Sorry..thought this was the confession thread. How embarrassing.

#8623 1 year ago

Serving Atlantic Canadians since 1907

#8658 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I wanted to start learning VPX and knew the perfect game to practice mocking up. This took maybe a hour of me not knowing what I was doing
    [quoted image]

Im Not worthy. That's really cool!

#8660 1 year ago

Will the design be true to the original TPB theme. You say that bridge is burned?

#8847 1 year ago

The greatest ending to this quixotic tale would be a final reveal that it was actually the most esoteric guerilla marketing campaign in supermarket history.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Asian 1 4$ combo not a bad deal at all. The dollar off 4.05?

#8967 1 year ago

Are you a Swiss chalet man John/Avi?
    Free chocolates with a Festival quarter chicken FYI..

1 week later
    #9261 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Where is the line between an unusual need to masturbate at work and a usual need to masturbate at work?

May want to ask Jeffrey toobin

#9333 1 year ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Obviously not

It's official, this thread includes creek porn.

#9335 1 year ago

I'm a Sobeys regular. Pics coming.

#9337 1 year ago

Sobeys in Hovik?

#9339 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I'm a Sobeys regular. Pics coming.

The Local sobeys is walking distance from me .the rip off beer store is approx the same walking distance but a different direction. Likely same for John. Also likely a hockey arena and Swiss chalet .

#9341 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

You have moved into the life coaching/mentoring stage. Nice! Also typical of BMW guys.

Or Volkswagen drivers

#9393 1 year ago

This thread is like the Halifax version of Coronation street

1 week later
    #9764 1 year ago

The box with 2 winter jackets arrived from vdojaq. He got the boot here, & is missed by everyone. I thanked him again for the jackets, & wish everyone Happy Holidays! Like I said xmas time I will be at the shop. Yes Python was a interesting character with his big ass salami at Expo with Pat Lawlor & his wife.. I paid for the ads in the Pinball Magazine promoting the future mag tribute to Python.
    [quoted image]

Nice looking Jackets John! That's really cool he did that

#9768 1 year ago

I will post pictures later. Avi is walking to the paint store, not happy with the cheap can of latex, & varethane job to his vid.

Can we see a little leg when u post pics?

#9892 1 year ago

Does this mean GWJ is a social media influencer? Would be swell for him to earn some cash for sponsored content
    I do have some connections at Sobeys. Just saying.

Transportation by chance?

#9970 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

The white wood is turning me towards alcoholism and weed..... Come to think of it there are bath salts in the bathroom. Maybe I’ll try that

Congratulations Avi , you have been accepted into the pinball community and I wish I was from Beaver Bank. Merry Christmas!

#9972 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

II'mmm dreaming....of a whitewood Christmas[quoted image]

Love Mariah...she used to have one of her cronies spray perfume ahead of her as she walked..That’s Boss!

#10099 1 year ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Not started.

Not started.

Unfinished.

Not started.

2% is generous.

Negative Nancy!!

#10174 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

[quoted image]

Female,I’m the centre has a very nice glutimas Maximus.

#10244 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Ok, I get it fair enough. Just seems like there have been waves of pilling on about the food and drinking a bit too much...

Are you not familiar with a CBC staple Coronation Street??
    This is the pinside version.

#10295 1 year ago

Avi, walk away and learn how to play electric guitar instead.

#10299 1 year ago

Nice going Deebow. Right on . Still think Avi has the look of a metal guitarist.

#10302 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

i've been playing electric guitar for close to.... 11 years?..

I'm not very great at metal music. more into surreal trippy kind of stuff on guitar. but for the last 3 hours i've been learning the hotel california solo and pretty well got it entirely.

I’m very proud of you Avi...seriously.

#10303 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I’m very proud of you Avi...seriously.

Work on the pentatonic scale your good to go

#10305 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

You shouldn't be. I'm a terrible guitarist by every account.. I use a stratocaster single coils for high gain metal with a JCM800 4x12 slanted.

Work on master of puppets Avi

#10307 1 year ago

You haven’t heard me play...proud!

#10359 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:Thank you for the conversion. The km were confusing.

1 kilometer = 1000 meters., or 0.6214 of a mile.

#10361 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

You'd drive right by me on the alternate route. But 21 extra kilometers? Who knows how long that is...

A little more than half the distance in miles.

#10362 1 year ago
    Quoted from BeachPickle:

I’m in if we have room for a surfboard. I was just there, but would go back to surf the tail end of this storm. There’s going to be some big ones. I play blues harp too.. so just take the alternate route and stop by and grab me and we’ll stop at treybo’s on the way.

I’m a bit chunky, but I’ll ride in the trunk..just provide , air, beef jerkey and a few beers and I’ll be alright

#10366 1 year ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Not sure how this got all the upvotes, but this signals my official end in this thread. I was here for an unlikely hero story and a one of a kind pinball build with a side window into a unique life and outlook. It’s devolved from there. No real hope of pinball happening and the little window has become voyeurism into the bizarre. Not my thing. Good luck to all, and Merry Christmas!

I guess you didn’t read the parts where some Pinsiders have donated money , clothes, etc...this is not voyeurism into the bizarre,
    We are after all, friends and having a good time. Adios!

#10370 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

This holiday season, please consider giving to those in need!

Thank you Ben for making my day.

#10467 1 year ago

This thread reminds me of the ten commandments with Moses (Coach) coming down the Mountain to address the Pagans.
    When will this happen?

#10472 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

It wasn't the "Pagans", but the Israelites who had turned against God after being freed out of Egypt.
    Just sayin....

Noted. I thought Moses said “your pagan god” ,in the movie version, could be wrong though .

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cdnpinbacon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching?tu=cdnpinbacon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.