Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1158 Summary of downsides Posted by pookycade (1 year ago)

Post #5133 Programmer Posted by Mr68 (1 year ago)

Post #5520 2nd installment of $1k USD Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Post #5946 Week 3 summary Posted by Beechwood (1 year ago)

Post #6424 Thread summary for week 5 Posted by Beechwood (1 year ago)

Post #7332 How to reset your password Posted by Jvspin (1 year ago)

Post #8068 Another $1k USD provided ($5k now?) Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Post #9810 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Post #10008 Another installment of $1k USD ($6k total now?) Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ReadyPO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#4250 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

best I can tell, there are a very large number of people that seem to be enjoying this thread.

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I get it, you think John is a drunk and will never succeed. That's possibly true, but how much extra effort does it take to be respectful and nice to another human? Just because you're behind a keyboard doesn't give you the right to be a asshole.

I am one who has been quietly enjoying this thread (and the previous one). And yes, there has been some serious shade thrown towards John. However, I am 100% positive John is here of his own free will and his posting patterns, combined with an attitude of being oblivious (or just plain being oblivious) provides most if not all the catalyst.

For me, I still believe in the full range of possibilities here:

1. John is a genius of geniuses. He is trolling us all with an expert Viral Campaign beyond compare that will lead to a terrific reveal and a commercial product/new company, and he actually started this sometime ago (the Jon Norris already had a playfield design reveal is potentially telling);
    2. John limps across the finish line with something like a Bally earlier SS; or
    3. Doesn't finish, and possible seriously affects his health in the process.

I would be amazed (and a little in awe) if it was the first, hope for the second, and am very much concerned for John in the third.

Also, I added "throwing shade" to the Phrases that need to be retired thread
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phrases-that-need-to-be-retired-/page/8

1 week later
    #5078 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Jon, what do you think are the odds the file could be printed within an hour of making it available to interested parties on the thread?

100%

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

What is the file format? There is no need to physically mail it via usb drive....

There are dozens of free file converters on the internet, if this is an issue of converting a vector based drawing (2d or 3d) into something a printer can use like an Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) file. This conversation about how to get this file printed sounds like it should be happening in 1995, not 2022...

#5106 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Needs a new file sent and if it's bigger than 10mb may be hard to email thus the thumb drive option. Or not or maybe ftp the file or not!

Quoted from Haymaker:

Came here to say this. Its so freakin easy to send a file over 10mb these days and the options are insanely numerous.

FTP, DropBox, Google Drive, Files.com, Microsoft OneDrive .....

1 month later
    #7326 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I do not remember my password.

John, try PASSWORD
    or maybe your birthday

1 week later
    #7849 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Dave Fix & others have not requested that I do not bring up their name.

I am glad you did not bring up Dave Fix's name since Dave requested you do not bring up his name.

Dave, rest assured your anonymity will be preserved.

#7899 1 year ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

There is some irony here when we are spending thousands of dollars on pinball machines.

The concern isn't the amount, it is relevant to income. If you have to finance a pinball purchase, that may be a good indicator that maybe you don't have the income to support it. On the other hand, if the decision is to vacation in Europe this year, or stay in the states and buy a NIB, well that is a different story.

John's income is approximately $1,916 US a month which after food, shelter and transportation doesn't allow for a lot of discretionary spending. $20 a week in slot represents about 4% of that income. Honestly, to me doesn't sound bad at all for an entertainment budget, and so far that sounds like it is about all the entertainment John gets (besides drinking beer, and the cost of that relative to his income is a different story).

John, I thought you mentioned somewhere in addition to your pension from the City, you would get the OAS at 65 or maybe it was CPP/QPP? is this true and does that add to your existing pension?

1 month later
    #10265 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Ok, here we go again. When are we just going to leave John alone about his drinking, food choices and lack of progress?

John is posting on a public forum about his drinking, food choices (and life choices) and his lack of progress. At this point it literally feels like he intended to post in the reddit roast me thread. Of course, since there is nothing to post on the actual build, all there is to post is a day in the life of John.

Quoted from frolic:

John's posting history, his 8 year playfield odyssey, the self-reported stories of his work life, the literal photographic evidence we have in this thread of consuming meats grilled beside toxic chemicals... maybe we're looking at the best he can do. There's never been a hint of anything else.

Concur. If this is an epic troll (unlikely), at this point if it a completed machine showed up at TPF, I don't think I would actually care, as-in what was the point of that, it would have been better for you just to show you were capable of doing it all along.

I do feel like I understand completely how John's own outlook and actions (and no one else's) got him to this point in life. As the saying goes, John made his own bed and has to lie in it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ReadyPO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching?tu=ReadyPO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.