Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1158 Summary of downsides Posted by pookycade (1 year ago)

Post #5133 Programmer Posted by Mr68 (1 year ago)

Post #5520 2nd installment of $1k USD Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Post #5946 Week 3 summary Posted by Beechwood (1 year ago)

Post #6424 Thread summary for week 5 Posted by Beechwood (1 year ago)

Post #7332 How to reset your password Posted by Jvspin (1 year ago)

Post #8068 Another $1k USD provided ($5k now?) Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Post #9810 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Post #10008 Another installment of $1k USD ($6k total now?) Posted by greatwichjohn (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Capn12.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#6662 1 year ago

I'm no math major or anything, but just because the 10k isn't coming all at once, doesn't mean it won't cost the person 10k. You say he does not drop the full 10k, but done in increments of 1k....uh....that will still be 10k, the payment time period isn't what anyone is asking about.

1 week later
    #7048 1 year ago

As an IT engineer, Oof...

#7062 1 year ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

[quoted image]

My exact thoughts.

#7079 1 year ago

I feel like instead of 'Great Pinball' under GWJ's avatar, it should just say:

"Or Not. Or it Dies"

#7399 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Certain crap hot dogs stick to foil. I do clean the grill with windex & paper towel at times. 2+ years for the electric grill at the shops for cooking. Mom would be proud!

CA.gifCA.gif
    #7657 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I mean I think they ARE ribs, but thats about as far as I'd go

"Ribs"

#7883 1 year ago

I've got some bad news, if you're throwing down 4-10+ beers a day, it isn't "recreational drinking".

But, that is a discussion that is beyond the scope of pinball, and this thread.

#8001 1 year ago

That’s actually....a good bit of work done today, it’s coming together.

2 weeks later
    #8796 1 year ago

Why in all that is holy in pinball, would you remove the figure 8 shot? That was an amazing feature of the Norris layout.

1 week later
    #9190 1 year ago

Avi is not having any luck. Might be moving on to a used flat screen. I could not really see what the date was on previous sticker. Smells ok. I got my receipt incase anything bad happens later for lunch. Had the traditional 2 chicken strips & 2 mini salads $1 off for breakfast with the $1 McD coffee special ending in a few days.
    [quoted image]

$18.69, what was the discounted price on that rib pack?

#9199 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

I think it might be another 3 dollars off that price so $15.69, but since there's two $3 off stickers maybe it was $12.69?
    They look pretty funky though but may just be because they're cold... Says heat to 165 degrees. I would go at least 195 to kill anything that might be growing in there!

Yeah, the double sticker was throwing me for a loop. Regardless, man....this thread alone is further proof of just how much it costs to eat from external sources all of the time.

#9202 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I like how honorable Canada is that they trust multiple stickers aren't being slapped on by customers. Seems like $20 at a print shop could save you hundreds in grocery bills.
    I see the sticker says "valid only if detachable by cashier." Yet the stickers are still there after payment and returning to the shop. So I don't think the cashier gives a shit either.

Haha yep, you try that at a Wal Mart in the US, someone will roll up to the checkout with 15 "$3 off" stickers mysteriously...

#9285 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Another productive day.

Project is moving right along, eh!

1 week later
    #9791 1 year ago

If nothing else comes out of this thread, and ever winding tale, I'm happy that Avi has gotten into something that can bring joy to all of us.....good ole pinball. And it probably does GWJ a TON of good, to have a 'partner in crime' so to speak, even if its a few hours a day, etc.

#9879 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Avi, you offer much more value than you recognize. Sure you're new to pinball stuff, but you actually demonstrate dedication and work ethic. From this outsider's perspective, it seems like you're responsible for 90% of the work that's been done on the whitewood the past couple weeks. This began as John's dream and John's project but John seems more interested in pretty much any/everything else.
    It wouldn't be charity for Coach to keep you in the fold. It would simply be good business as General Manager. It's utilitarian since you represent the best chance of work actually getting done and this game getting to TPF (the recent hedging from John about the driveway reveal evening happening is worrisome).
    There's no salary cap in this league and Coach is more Jerry Jones than Bill Belichick. He's a rich Texas lawyer with a fetish for blowing money on pinball boondoggles. Paying your way to TPF would be the equivalent of a slice of a grey ham and a night of nickel slots.

Surely you, and most everyone else in here, have realized by now....this thread exists solely for the live blogging of the day to day life of GWJ. The game build etc, is just a small part of it (in his mind at least). This is what it is, at this point.

#9891 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Does this mean GWJ is a social media influencer? Would be swell for him to earn some cash for sponsored content
    I do have some connections at Sobeys. Just saying.

Man, Sobey's should 100% be kicking at LEAST free food over to GWJ! I've never seen as many Sobey's stickers as I have in this thread.

#9951 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

When was the last time you worked on the white wood and when will be the next time you work on it?

Good one!

LPG.gifLPG.gif
    #10078 1 year ago

This thread, in a single gif:

DD.gifDD.gif
    #10257 1 year ago

Real progress today.

#10337 1 year ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

John once again showing his ability to learn from his mistakes…

GS.gifGS.gif
    #10524 1 year ago

... Yes there seemed to be some unsavory pm 's between the coach & Avi xmas eve. I tried to calm the coach down, get with the xmas spirit of good things to all men. But who knows, Grinch, or the giving spirit. ...

ummmmmm-excuse-me.gifummmmmm-excuse-me.gif
    #10544 1 year ago

That is too bad. I really was hoping to see: Crowd sourced original Norris whitewood vs Coach and GWJ's maniacally altered whitewood.

I still feel like both can exist and move forward, but of course, it isn't my money being fronted.

#10581 1 year ago

To Summarize:

1) Pinball Builder-to-be asks repeatedly for a 'whale' or a few 'mini-whales' to help fund his desire to build a pinball machine or machines
    2) Onlookers mention that perhaps that isn't the best way to go about things, and that pinball is hard
    3) Pinball builder-to-be presses on with financial request
    4) 'Mini-Whale' agrees to fund the project, with no heavy guidelines or restrictions
    5) Pinball Builder-to-be creates unrealistic timelines, forced onto himself, for the project.
    6) Onlookers mention that the timeline is extremely unrealistic
    7) Pinball Builder-to-be presses on anyway
    8) 'Mini-whale' sends installments @ $1k each, 6 total, to fund the project.
    9) Pinball Builder-to-be squanders time, effort, and money, while completely changing a fully functional plan from a successful pinball designer, in the name of basically just creating a Daily Blog of his life
    10) Onlookers wonder WTF is going on
    11) Pinball Builder-to-be presses on with Daily Blog.
    12) Apprentice enters the fray
    13) Apprentice shows real desire to move forward with fixing games, and helping out
    14) Daily Blogs continue
    15) Apprentice catches on to how things are REALLY going day to day, with Pinball Builder-to-be.
    16) Onlookers suggest Apprentice do his own build, and will assist with parts and/or money.
    17) Pinball Builder-to-be presses on
    18) 'Mini-Whale' doesn't like the direction things are going, and blames Onlookers for causing a divide, despite Pinball Builder-to-be having shown ZERO motivation to really do.....well anything.....with the pinball project.
    19) ...or it dies.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Capn12.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching?tu=Capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.