Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 213.
    #4751 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

It's day one of the build. Did anyone realistically think there was going to be some big grand hoopla or plan reveal here? There is no PLAN per se. John has farmed everything out and is waiting for results. It all comes in as it comes in. This whole whitewood build on a piece of scrap siding is an absolute joke.
    John is not designing a pinball machine, he is assembling everyone else's work to create a machine. Trust me, when something goes wrong it will be someone else's fault.
    It's all systems go as normal. Here is some parts, here is some beer, here are some machines to fix, let's grill some pork and off to the bar.

I bet John is so thrilled to have you here cheering him on line this!

#4752 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

I bet John is so thrilled to have you here cheering him on line this!

GWJ is too busy servicing arcades this afternoon to answer that. That pays for the lights and such at his tiny shop. Soon enough we should have a beer count going and more breadcrumbs on the build. I may drink a few tonight as well.

I am patiently awaiting the official name of this pin, so I can change the title of the thread.

#4753 1 year ago

GWJ already has more parts than the Ballarama guy.
    So that's a plus.

#4754 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

GWJ already has more parts than the Ballarama guy.
    So that's a plus.

But not as many patents

Imagine the breadcrumb trail in a Chug-Like-a-Whale's patent application...

#4755 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

It will start with the 1, then maybe 2, to a max build of 10. There will be 1 or 2 for Texas. Anymore will be a bonus if it happens.

Quoted from Beechwood:

I am patiently awaiting the official name of this pin, so I can change the title of the thread.

Leave plenty of room at the end of title to capture up to nine more titles for a total of 10 different themed pins. It might be a long title but since we are using computers, maybe they’ve got enough memory.

#4756 1 year ago

Good start to Day 1! Who’s down for a beer

#4757 1 year ago

You're late to the party, pal.

Beer count 1

#4758 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

You're late to the party, pal.
    Beer count 1

Never late to the party Beech. I’m on number 3. Football drat tonight with buddies.

Cleared my client mtgs manana.

Call with artist hopefully

#4759 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Never late to the party Beech. I’m on number 3. Football drat tonight with buddies.
    Cleared my client mtgs manana.
    Call with artist hopefully

You gotta try a salary cap auction type draft. Do it once and you will never go back.

#4760 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

You gotta try a salary cap auction type draft. Do it once and you will never go back.

Probably good advice, uncapped are for whales only. Capped=mini-whale.

#4762 1 year ago

Who could downvote "who'down for a beer"?!? You must really hate your life red wonderwoman logo guy!

Screenshot_20220901-182944_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220901-182944_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #4763 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Who could downvote "who'down for a beer"?!? You must really hate your life red wonderwoman logo guy!
    [quoted image]

I believe it was Miracleman, perhaps he's downvoting the first half of the statement?

#4764 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

[quoted image]

That's a damn shame!

#4765 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Just for fun I Googled, Redneck Artwork and found this album cover. I'm not into Redneck but I like this a lot, I really do.
    Its not too difficult, but see if you can find a clue in the artwork related to album name. It's kinda fun once you see it. (actually 2 clues I just discovered)
    Winners get to buy me a beer.
    Edit: Not an album but a game.
    [quoted image]

Ive wrecked my rzr in the dunes. This seems legit!

#4766 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Unfortunately he is on plan B, not sure if the "A-Team" is acceptable

Plan B is plan A, so it should be aborted post haste!

#4767 1 year ago

Just got home after a nice night of drinking beer. 2 at the local bar, & 2 pitchers at Oasis bar of bud. Had a good day servicing Sega & Stern pinball machines. I like how the Jurassic Park upper flipper sheared off the screws to the end plate. Also changed out the auto plunge on twister. Sopranos needs a left safe door replacement. Also replaced a broke target on twister.

It is going to be a slow build & nothing to be worried about. Not like yes I have a hidden pin for months standing by. We are still working through getting Jon Norris layout printed. I will be ordering more parts from Pinball Life.

#4768 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

GWJ is too busy servicing arcades this afternoon to answer that. That pays for the lights and such at his tiny shop. Soon enough we should have a beer count going and more breadcrumbs on the build. I may drink a few tonight as well.

Cutting out GWJ and introducing as Icemans and Jon Norriss" whatever it is".

Ice is becoming a pin designer, like his lawyer buddy blobert lol. Classic!

#4769 1 year ago

I got to say Ben & the guys thinking the panel mdf is a joke for a whitewood test. That is what I plan to do, & think it will be ok. Still want to use it as a base in the build as a tribute to old Stern cost savings!

#4770 1 year ago

So you think the panel was put there by Stern and not by an operator later on?

#4771 1 year ago

I got to say Ben & the guys thinking the panel mdf is a joke for a whitewood test. That is what I plan to do, & think it will be ok. Still want to use it as a base in the build as a tribute to old Stern cost savings!

I'm surprised you're deviating from what you used to do back in the day, that'd be somewhat concerning to me.

#4772 1 year ago

Who ever old Stern used for cabinet builds was the best for cost savings. If you ever wanted paneling for your basement in 1980 they were buying up the cheap shit. The brick ones were the best laugh.

#4773 1 year ago

Who ever old Stern used for cabinet builds was the best for cost savings. If you ever wanted paneling for your basement in 1980 they were buying up the cheap shit. The brick ones were the best laugh.

Is that where Atari got the idea for Breakout? Old Stern cabinets made out of bricks?

#4774 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballkim:

So you think the panel was put there by Stern and not by an operator later on?

It was from the factory my Seawitch has it too

c819a4aa9a36ba5cd54a63eb27f61226be5fa470 (resized).jpgc819a4aa9a36ba5cd54a63eb27f61226be5fa470 (resized).jpg
    #4775 1 year ago

My seawitch looked like that also.

#4776 1 year ago

Interesting

#4777 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Cutting out GWJ and introducing as Icemans and Jon Norriss" whatever it is".
    Ice is becoming a pin designer, like his lawyer buddy blobert lol. Classic!

It’s A holes like the Rooster John.

Not inclined to oblige idiots like this.

See you in 6 months.

#4778 1 year ago

Don’t blame it on roost, this was your plan all along.

#4779 1 year ago

Who is taking the official beer tally for the build?
    What is the over/under on total beers for the journey?

#4780 1 year ago

I'm not on pinside a lot. One thing I know...

Quoted from iceman44:

See you in 6 months.

This dude will sink a boat load of cash into this project and claim it cost him 10 grand just to show everyone up.

#4781 1 year ago

It is going to be a slow build & nothing to be worried about.

A slow 6 month build...

#4782 1 year ago
    Quoted from meesey:

Who is taking the official beer tally for the build?

This needs to be a thing.

Make it so.

rd

#4783 1 year ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

This needs to be a thing.
    Make it so.
    rd

We gotta be at 100 already - surely …

rd

#4784 1 year ago

With local breweries such as Founders, Bells, Perrin and about 931 others I never have a shortage of craft beer choices.

In celebration of the start of GWJ's "slow" 6 month build, I raised 6 fine adult beverages last night. Happy holiday weekend!

#4785 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

A slow 6 month build...

Yeah, but nothing to worry about, or not

#4786 1 year ago

Well I always celebrate my pension cheque going into the bank on the first of the month. Rarely is it early. After 3 days of no beer, had to enjoy myself like I said last night. 2 beers Horsepower at the Local Bar, & 2 pitchers of Bud at Oasis Bar.
    Might test my mdf panel board later today. See how the pinballs roll on the surface.

#4787 1 year ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

It was from the factory my Seawitch has it too[quoted image]

Built like a Brick Shithouse! Not a bash on Stern just an old saying...

#4788 1 year ago

Well I always celebrate my pension cheque going into the bank on the first of the month. Rarely is it early. After 3 days of no beer, had to enjoy myself like I said last night. 2 beers Horsepower at the Local Bar, & 2 pitchers of Bud at Oasis Bar.
    Might test my mdf panel board later today. See how the pinballs roll on the surface.

Now this is progress, Pinballs will actually roll on a surface already! Way ahead of schedule!

#4789 1 year ago

I want to wish everyone a safe and productive Labor Day weekend. After a very shitty month of dealing severe employee issues, I am going to get lost for about 3 days of drinking, BBQ, fishing and gambling.

I would call it a total sanity reset. Please no drunken meltdowns while I am away. John.....get to work!

#4790 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Minor nerdy nitpick tangent
    With most homebrew pinball controllers, you get banks of 8 switch inputs on a connector. Pinball Life's best deal is an 8 ball trough, which is only $10 more than their 4 ball trough. An 8 ball trough uses 7 mechanical switches and 2 optos, for 9 switches (one for each ball plus a jam sensor). So it doesn't cleanly fit onto one single connector and it makes wiring up a trough a bit ugly I ended up just wiring up 7 switches and the jam on my game.
    I really needed to get that pet peeve off my chest...

Not the only challenge with using that 8 ball trough.

#4791 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I want to wish everyone a safe and productive Labor Day weekend. After a very shitty month of dealing severe employee issues, I am going to get lost for about 3 days of drinking, BBQ, fishing and gambling.
    I would call it a total sanity reset. Please no drunken meltdowns while I am away. John.....get to work!

That is nice, safe and happy holiday wishes for you as well! And since it's a holiday weekend the limits on beer count have been lifted! Let's go!

This weeks beer counts for me: Mon-0 Tues-0 Wed-4 Thurs-0 Predictions for the holiday weekend- Friday-14 Sat-18 Sunday-WTF I lost count? Monday- __flatlining

#4792 1 year ago
    Quoted from rosh:

Not the only challenge with using that 8 ball trough.

I've had issues with the jam switch and it clearing itself, but Idk if it's something I did wrong or what. Also annoying to mount it and the auto launcher for the shooter. Very tight fit. Other than that it's been fine. Is there something else to look out for?

#4793 1 year ago

Previously the coach donated just over $200 USD towards some beer. Here is what 40% of that money has got. 2 x 24 bottles & 4 pack Guinness Pub style draft beer. Everyone drink some adult beverages this weekend & relax!

IMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0007 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPG
    #4794 1 year ago

Canadian LaBatt's Blue, served ice cold is the best! Also have a soft spot for Molson XXX

#4795 1 year ago

The way John put in the Guinness has to be trolling…you have to empty out the crap to get to the good stuff.

Speaking of which, no one is around today so a long lunch with a Guinness with a mushroom, bacon, and bleu cheese burger

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#4796 1 year ago

The cans for your home are ok. Get the good Guinness on tap at the bar. They are suppose to pour about 60% then let it rest a minute or more before topping up the glass. If you guys do not have a cheap bottle vendor, you should get one if you have the space. A good one will only run about 5 minutes per hour when cold. Here you can still find good working ones for $250 - $500.

#4797 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

About the only type I haven’t tried. But I’ve seen em in progress. Heading out to Vegas next week to do FFPC drafts with my dad and brother. Did online Main Event last night with my nephews. Feeling the pain today!

The auction guys seem love it.

#4798 1 year ago

No I love those cans. They’re great

I’m talking about how in the vending machine you have to go through not-Guinness to get to the Guinness because of how you loaded it

#4799 1 year ago
    Quoted from meesey:Who is taking the official beer tally for the build?
    What is the over/under on total beers for the journey?

Well just roughing numbers, say 10 beers per day and roughly 180 days so quick guess would be 1800 beers over the six months.

Feels a bit high, I would personally guess 1500, nice even number.

Cheers.

#4800 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Canadian LaBatt's Blue, served ice cold is the best! Also have a soft spot for Molson XXX

Yes Labatts Canada is great and also Molson. The stuff here USA brewed Labatt's is still pretty good, but the USA Molson is not at all the same!

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/96 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.