Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 213.
    #3801 1 year ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Do you have a target date for this yet?

No sooner than October 2023.

You know because... Actually coding a game takes a shit load of time.

I should clarify. October 2023 is our internal code done goal, depending on other games in the schedule the actual release might be pushed back.

#3802 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Oh he has plenty of time. Is he hitting every bar in Benton like the designers like to do? He’s probably hasn’t even finalized the theme so he can just rest and party thru 2022.

It takes what, three stops to hit every bar in Benton?

#3803 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

It takes what, three stops to hit every bar in Benton?

Wait! Technically the VFW is a bar so 4? Depending on the day?

#3804 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Wait! Technically the VFW is a bar so 4? Depending on the day?

I thought about joke asking if there was a VFW or not.

And if it's like most VFW halls I've seen, no it doesn't count because it's only open for private parties anymore.

#3805 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

No sooner than October 2023.
    You know because... Actually coding a game takes a shit load of time.
    I should clarify. October 2023 is our internal code done goal, depending on other games in the schedule the actual release might be pushed back.

Uh oh. That internal goal has now become an external expectation.

#3806 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I'll happily record and provide callouts for zero dollars.

One character could be a stick in the mud, fish out of a water, well intentioned sort who despite his best efforts just doesn't "get" trailer park culture. If you're interested, I can start working on a British accent.

#3807 1 year ago

Uh oh. That internal goal has now become an external expectation.

I roughed in a new mode just since 9am I got this.

John don't.

#3808 1 year ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If you have a family history of cancer AND high alcohol consumption AND high processed meat consumption AND you refuse to change your behavior then I don't know what else to tell ya. Good luck John.

Two of the worst things you can eat for colon cancer is alcohol and processed meat.

Colon Cancer isn't fun...it's a slow and painful death. You'll be begging your Doctor or wife to give you an opium overdose.

#3809 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Two of the worst things you can eat for colon cancer is alcohol and processed meat.
    Colon Cancer isn't fun...it's a slow and painful death. You'll be begging your Doctor or wife to give you an opium overdose.

So it's ass gout?

#3810 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Can I get my goddam Halloween BSE 1st please? I have been waiting well over 6 months. Uh oh, did I say over 6 months?

Should've gone CE. Got mine a few weeks ago. (Sweet game, for $10K (US) butter cab.)

#3811 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

So it's ass gout?

Disease of King's Butts

I get my first colonoscopy later this year. Runs in the family so screening starts early for me.

#3812 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Disease of King's Butts
    I get my first colonoscopy later this year. Runs in the family so screening starts early for me.

#3813 1 year ago

GWJ I have a challenge for you. Many have expressed concerns about impacts of heavy drinking that I think you would fall into that category. But on Sep 1, you are embarking on a six month journey to do the impossible, right? Will you consider going alcohol free until the build is complete? It is really not my business, but stop and take a look at your life and consider making a change. Maybe a change is not desired or needed but at least consider it. It couldn’t hurt, right? Plus it would save a ton of money. I realize this would alter the current plan, but maybe this one time for a better outcome.

#3814 1 year ago

I only watched a little of the clip. I haven't gotten to that episode yet. That guy is something special...

#3815 1 year ago

all this talk of colons...
    trailerTrash.giftrailerTrash.gif

#3816 1 year ago

Thanks for your concern. No I will not stop drinking beer. It is a culture in my area of Canada. Hard to believe but there are hard drinkers here that can barely make it home, or been to the drunk tank, DUI, Emergency, or deal with the cops. My friends can name people they know, & I am not one of them.

#3817 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

The music is probably ok if its for the individual owners game.

Don't count on it. Remember all the difficulties Dutch Pinball got into when it came to the music? The Eagles and some other bands don't care about the money; they don't want their songs affiliated with pinball, or pinball projects that they feel tarnishes their brand.

#3818 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

This game is DOA. John just wants to get drunk in Texas and clout chase.
    Now excuse me while I get back to planning my Spooky game release party... oh wait I mean DOING ACTUAL FUCKING WORK ON AN ACTUAL GAME.

Are you still doing a game for CGC as well, or did that get scrapped?

#3819 1 year ago

This should be the attract mode video

6b0d238de275c5e9377a594d092419c76be4152f (resized).png6b0d238de275c5e9377a594d092419c76be4152f (resized).png
    #3820 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Should've gone CE. Got mine a few weeks ago. (Sweet game, for $10K (US) butter cab.)

Why? You don't play side rails and I have no use for the topper.

#3821 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Why? You don't play side rails and I have no use for the topper.

Because I have mine and you don't

#3822 1 year ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

Are you still doing a game for CGC as well, or did that get scrapped?

Been on pause. I have the WW in my basement. Shoots great! But I think there's 2 games between it and CC so.... gonna be a whiiiiile.

#3823 1 year ago

Not the music police. What someone puts in their game is their choice.

Yeah, that’s not how it works.

#3824 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I only watched a little of the clip. I haven't gotten to that episode yet. That guy is something special...

I met him once and pitched a NFY idea he described as "not terrible." That's gravestone material right there.

#3825 1 year ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Yeah, that’s not how it works.

That, IS exactly how it’s gonna work in this case.

And I’ll have Cleland on standby, for a fee, to rotate songs when we get tired of them.

Does anybody ever do that here?

#3826 1 year ago

Maybe someone screwed me over on the license.

Ways someone could have screwed you over on the license.
    1. Somone pointed them to this thread which has all the information they need, courtesy of you.
    2. See #1

#3827 1 year ago

Should start a pool on "what month does John wake up and move his deadline to Expo 2023“

I'm down for February.

#3828 1 year ago

Yes Ben & good thing you got over a year to do your rule set for 1000 games. Its Texas baby, try & slot yourself in for the show. Or maybe you will still be coding! Beer count zero.

#3829 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Colon Cancer isn't fun...it's a slow and painful death.

Indeed, colon cancer can be horrific. Tragically, it took the life of my 37 year-old brother-in-law in 2001. My wife's family has an unusual genetic predisposition to colon cancer.

On a positive note, a consequence of his death was the participation of my wife's family in specialized studies. This resulted in Cologuard, a product which allows for self-testing and has saved many early-stage patients who would have otherwise suffered and/or died.

Also, his diagnosis caused my symptom-free wife to get a colonoscopy at age 30, which likely saved her life. Benign polyps can turn deadly over time, if not removed early.

#3830 1 year ago

Can we get Anvil into the game?

Screenshot_20220822-204531_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220822-204531_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #3831 1 year ago

Thanks for your concern. No I will not stop drinking beer. It is a culture in my area of Canada. Hard to believe but there are hard drinkers here that can barely make it home, or been to the drunk tank, DUI, Emergency, or deal with the cops. My friends can name people they know, & I am not one of them.

Alcoholism is NOT a culture, it is a disease. 10 beers in a day is NOT normal no matter how hard you try to rationalize it using “whaddabout isms”. Now you want to take multiple years off your life with your individual choices then hey it’s your life, do as you please. But trying to normalize this behavior in the process helps no one, least of all yourself unless self-delusion is the goal here.

#3832 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

So it's ass gout?

Not necessary. It can metastasize in your small intestine and spread to your liver and lungs. Then you're looking at stage 4 and you're fucked.

Ass gout is anal cancer - which isn't too fun either from what I've heard. You have to have a new ass created out of the side of your lower thigh or stomach. I heard it's a blast.

#3833 1 year ago

Congratulations. You won't die of color cancer, but maybe it will be liver cancer or esophagus cancer. Both high risk categories for beer drinkers.

I hope you are kidding about your intake.

#3834 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

But trying to normalize this behavior in the process helps no one, least of all yourself unless self-delusion is the goal here.

Considering all the other self-delusion in this plan...

#3835 1 year ago
    2fjrqr (resized).jpg2fjrqr (resized).jpg
    #3836 1 year ago

Back to pinball & this project. I forwarded info from Jon Norris to one of my printers. Target Bank should arrive Tuesday. Other parts are being sourced.

Like I say the bars, grocery stores, fast food places, & the medical professionals here are not as concerned as a few people here about my health. Got my colon checked at 55, my province sends out a home kit also to shit on a stick, & no one is referring me to programs for drinking beer. Big & small micro breweries are every where, go figure out that one. Probably double the places to drink since I started at 19 the legal age in most of Canada. Also I do not do legal weed, drugs, or smoke except for the rare cigar.

#3837 1 year ago

my province sends out a home kit also to shit on a stick

This really is some kind of special thread.

About to have beer 1 of 1 (ultra limited like Redneck Trailer Riveria Trash).

#3838 1 year ago

All of this talk about colons got me thinking about game modes.

zz81ByMCVEQwS._SL1500_ (resized).jpgzz81ByMCVEQwS._SL1500_ (resized).jpgzzz2hnnt0 (resized).jpgzzz2hnnt0 (resized).jpg
    #3839 1 year ago

Goto 1:18

#3840 1 year ago

You often hear people say, "I'd rather have my <insert vice here> even if it takes a few years off my life, than not have it."
    That might not be a bad trade off if I felt good till the end.

Unfortunately, I think it's more likely my overindulgence would lead to health problems, making me feel crappy in the years leading up to the shortened end.

I see that in my father in law who suffers from alcohol induced dimentia and diabetes. He was never in a drunk tank or pulled over for DUI and could hold his liquor quite well. He no longer drinks but the effects remain.

#3841 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

You often hear people say, "I'd rather have my <insert vice here> even if it takes a few years off my life, than not have it."
    That might not be a bad trade off if I felt good till the end.
    Unfortunately, I think it's more likely my overindulgence would lead to health problems, making me feel crappy in the years leading up to the shortened end.
    I see that in my father in law who suffers from alcohol induced dimentia and diabetes. He was never in a drunk tank or pulled over for DUI and was not a 'sloppy' drunk.

This is spot on. Regret only comes once the consequences of bad behavior are felt. Unfortunately this is usually long after this behavior transpired and well beyond the point at which any corrective action can be taken. Ask most people in the throws of ill health from poor choices and they almost universally wish they could go back and make different decisions to achieve a better outcome later in life.

#3842 1 year ago

This really is some kind of special thread.
    About to have beer 1 of 1 (ultra limited like Redneck Trailer Riveria Trash).

Dirty glass i hope!

#3843 1 year ago

Goto 0:54-:057
    He's a drunk... not a heck

#3844 1 year ago

There are no healthy living habits in Trailer Trash pinball...

#3845 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Been on pause. I have the WW in my basement. Shoots great! But I think there's 2 games between it and CC so.... gonna be a whiiiiile.

2050?

#3846 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

That, IS exactly how it’s gonna work in this case.
    And I’ll have Cleland on standby, for a fee, to rotate songs when we get tired of them.
    Does anybody ever do that here?

I was responding to John saying any one of his mini whales can put whatever unlicensed music they want on their pins and it doesn't matter. He is taking money to build these. It does matter. Honestly, it's probably better you guys don't talk about these details.

I am confused what Cleland is going to do. Is he your programmer? Because I am not sure how he is going to use pinball browser to change songs on a non-Stern game.

#3847 1 year ago
    Quoted from Striker:

Don't count on it. Remember all the difficulties Dutch Pinball got into when it came to the music? The Eagles and some other bands don't care about the money; they don't want their songs affiliated with pinball, or pinball projects that they feel tarnishes their brand.

Quoted from Palmer:

I was responding to John saying any one of his mini whales can put whatever unlicensed music they want on their pins and it doesn't matter. He is taking money to build these. It does matter. Honestly, it's probably better you guys don't talk about these details.
    I am confused what Cleland is going to do. Is he your programmer? Because I am not sure how he is going to use pinball browser to change songs on a non-Stern game.

I would be much more concerned about unlicensed music becoming a legal issue with my game than not getting the proper license to a show for the theme of my game. Seems like historically the music industry and RIAA have been much more aggressive with putting a stop to people using music they didn't pay for. Of course, in reality, I wouldn't be worried about either of those issues if I was just building my own game. Its just weird to be so concerned about landing the rights for one thing in your game but throwing all caution to the wind for another.

#3848 1 year ago

My thought was on a simple game without a lot of modes ect just leave the music files blank and let the customer put in whatever background music files they want?

#3849 1 year ago

What ever music people put on their own pinball will be there own. Not my concern. Screwing with a license holder for more than 1 game for sale is not worth the risk. No beers yesterday for me, & I never heard of Canadian Hospitals giving out free beer. Must be a American thing, go to the hospital & give me a 5% beer iv.

#3850 1 year ago

I feel like John would have been better off building an old Classic Stern or Bally from scratch. He doesn't seem that interested in the details of designing a game vs simply constructing one.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.