Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 213.
    #3151 1 year ago

It looks like Jon drew his sketch in some sort of vector illustration program. Depending on which one, it's not too bad to get it into a more proper CAD format to then get ready for a CNC router.

Or if it's a one off, Jon can probably swing routing it by hand. Getting the art to align would be a nightmare. Extra thick keylines I suppose...

#3152 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

So much concern for Iceman's money and GWJ's production plans from those with no involvement
    Really nice to see the community support

Dude, there are some real genuine questions here. I don't get how you think we should all just join hands and sing kumbaya. It's a forum, you post, it's open for criticism.

I don't understand your need to continually kiss their behinds.

#3153 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Don't you think these are questions you should be asking Doug directly and hammer out immediately? How can you continue any of this without knowing any details?
    As we all suspected, your only hope and money(none of which you have seen a dime of) at this point is one person. You realize how quickly this c

Okay so Jon isn’t doing the CNC drawings? Who is doing those?

The sign shop with the cnc that I have used as my contractor will do the cad & cut the playfield(s). Same as the hundreds of Star Gazer, & Seawitch playfields done over 8 years before it was sold over a year ago to Fantastic Pinball. Fantastic Pinball will be doing the playfield printing & finish clear coats.

#3154 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Going old school, cad will only be done after I have a final test whitewood.

Get Kraken!

#3155 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

It looks like Jon drew his sketch in some sort of vector illustration program. Depending on which one, it's not too bad to get it into a more proper CAD format to then get ready for a CNC router.
    Or if it's a one off, Jon can probably swing routing it by hand. Getting the art to align would be a nightmare. Extra thick keylines I suppose...

It will be done on a cnc for 1 or the few playfields. I like to have dimple holes top & bottom for placement of parts. Plus all the light lenses, target banks, shooter lane, GI holes, etc.

#3156 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Dude, there are some real genuine questions here. I don't get how you think we should all just join hands and sing kumbaya. It's a forum, you post, it's open for criticism.
    I don't understand your need to continually kiss their behinds.

Puppy Dog Agrees!
    Right on Dude!
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3157 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Oh so no CAD huh?
    This project is doomed. John for the love of god DO NOT TAKE MONEY FROM ICEMAN.
    He doesn't know it, you don't know it, but this WON'T WORK. Much more talented people than yourself wouldn't make this deadline, you sure as hell won't make it, especially since you're relying on other people for everything.
    Just stop now before you get hurt.,

This line of thinking I don’t really get. Ice isn’t giving him money because he wants to own John, he’s giving him money because he wants to own US.

Ice has never gotten mad at any of the pinball dreamers / scammers who have taken his money, so why is he suddenly gonna make John’s life Hell?

I don’t really see the risk here. Ice has already gotten his money’s worth. Nobody is gonna get “hurt.”

#3158 1 year ago

Seems like he is actually good to go as-is. I feel like half the battle with John is understanding what he writes, which is mildly troubling when the primary contractor should be the most communicative and organized.

I still want to hear what the CASH and MONEY feature idea is. How is it supposed to work? Or is it simply the drops say MONEY and the standups say CASH?

#3159 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Seems like he is actually good to go as-is. I feel like half the battle with John is understanding what he writes, which is mildly troubling when the primary contractor should be the most communicative and organized.
    I still want to hear what the CASH and MONEY feature idea is. How is it supposed to work? Or is it simply the drops say MONEY and the standups say CASH?

My question is why the hell would you change the layout just to accommodate the words CASH and MONEY?

#3160 1 year ago

The metal ball guides and custom shaped plastics would be my worry. Those don't get made overnight. Can always fudge some mediocre art.

#3161 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

He doesn't have the slightest idea.......it's what Jon Norris comes up with or whoever else he roped into this comes up with

Appears so. Very odd. If have had a dream theme and was going to actually try to produce an actual machine, I'd probably have some ideas of my own on what the gameplay should be like and share. I haven't seen him post anything regarding rules/code.

#3162 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

The metal ball guides and custom shaped plastics would be my worry. Those don't get made overnight. Can always fudge some mediocre art.

Well in hand when the time comes. Same as the plastics will be cut with a laser after printing.
    Cash & Money goes with the Trailer Trash women in the game. There is a plan is place, might be all in my head, or on paper napkins.

#3163 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don’t really see the risk here. Ice has already gotten his money’s worth. Nobody is gonna get “hurt.”

I think Ben's concern is what if Ice decides $4K in that he no longer wants to finance this fiasco and walks? Where does this leave John? I think Ben is looking out that John can not afford a dime of debt on this project.

#3164 1 year ago

Cash & Money goes with the Trailer Trash women in the game.

John, are you possibly hinting at......PROSTITUTES? If it wasn't 10:20 AM , I would grab a beer for this one.

#3165 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

John, are you possibly hinting at......PROSTITUTES? If it wasn't 10:20 AM , I would grab a beer for this one.

It is a bit confusing, as trailer trash are known for having neither cash or money.

#3166 1 year ago

I'm starting to think this concept is a little muddled.

"Cash" and "Money" certainly isn't the first thing that comes to mind when I think "Trailer park."

It's not even the first thing that comes to mind when I think "prostitutes."

Either way, I'm sure the end result will be side-splittingly hilarious, bringing the humor and wit back to pinball after all this time!

#3167 1 year ago

Baby Momma or Food Stamp are more applicable

#3169 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"Cash" and "Money" certainly isn't the first thing that comes to mind when I think "Trailer park."
    Either way, I'm sure the end result will be side-splittingly hilarious, bringing the humor and wit back to pinball after all this time!

Well, I certainly believe that "CASH" and "Trailer Trash Women" could certainly involve prostitution or a meth lab. Your choice.

#3170 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Baby Momma or Food Stamp are more applicable

Now wait , How about FOOD and STAMP for those drops and stand ups? More appropriate?

#3171 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Now wait , How about FOOD and STAMP for those drops and stand ups? More appropriate?

Isn't that what I wrote? lol

#3172 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Isn't that what I wrote? lol

Yes sir it is, just misread it

#3173 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah that sounds more like a gansta rap theme than a trailer park one. I still don't understand why a layout would be changed to accommodate printed words. I'd much rather shoot at a 7 drop target bank than 5.

I mean...there has to be a 7 letter word that would work for TRAILER Trash. If only we could rack our brains together to figure out a 7 letter word to go with he original 7 target bank. I wonder what 7 letter words could be associated with TRAILER Trash. Guys if we can all just focus for a minute, I think we can figure this out.

#3174 1 year ago
    Quoted from Palmer:Yeah that sounds more like a gansta rap theme than a trailer park one. I still don't understand why a layout would be changed to accommodate printed words. I'd much rather shoot at a 7 drop target bank than 5.
    I mean...there has to be a 7 letter word that would work for TRAILER Trash. If only we could rack our brains together to figure out a 7 letter word to go with he original 7 target bank. I wonder what 7 letter words could be associated with TRAILER Trash. Guys if we can all just focus for a minute, I think we can figure this out.

I got nothing

#3175 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I got nothing

I appreciate the help! NOTHING is indeed a 7 letter word.

#3176 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

John, pinball is very 80/20. Once you get past the "fun stuff" (which you haven't even started yet) the rest is a miserable slog.
    You're not coding it of course so you probably don't realize what a PITA that can be.

I still have no idea what John’s answer to this question is.
    49B70822-DD19-4275-AE0C-272B1AE072D7 (resized).png49B70822-DD19-4275-AE0C-272B1AE072D7 (resized).png

#3177 1 year ago

ok figured it all out. Ice is Lucy holding the football and the enabler. GWJ is Charlie Brown who’s trying to kick the field goal. This time will be different and she’ll hold the football. Go ahead Charlie Brown, kick us a field goal. Meantime, GWJ keeps waking up seeing stars on the ceiling of his local pub.

#3178 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

I still have no idea what the answer to this question is.[quoted image]

ps.gifps.gif
    #3179 1 year ago

The original idea was a licensed Trailer Park Boys pinball machine. Which people soon saw that I do not have the talent of Roger Sharpe to get a license done, & quickly. You guys can use your imagination of what the playfield will be, cabinet, & rules. Trailer Trash is the theme, & being a male I will keep with the pinball heritage of women in the pin.

The coach has spoken & if things go well he might be getting #2. He wants to see the whitewood version first, & is not bailing out on #1 no matter what happens. He is also willing to pay more for a pinball artist to come aboard. We will visit that area in the Fall when the final cad & playfield(s) are cut. There will be 1 or more games for SXSW & TPF in March 2023.

#3180 1 year ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

there has to be a 7 letter word that would work for TRAILER Trash. If only we could rack our brains together to figure out a 7 letter word to go with he original 7 target bank. I wonder what 7 letter words could be associated with TRAILER Trash. Guys if we can all just focus for a minute, I think we can figure this out.

Burlap?

#3181 1 year ago

The coach has spoken & if things go well he might be getting #2. He wants to see the whitewood version first, & is not bailing out on #1 no matter what happens. He is also willing to pay more for a pinball artist to come aboard. We will visit that area in the Fall when the final cad & playfield(s) are cut. There will be 1 or more games for SXSW & TPF in March 2023.

I hope the bash toy is a fuckin' Ford Ranger!!!

#3182 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It is on the left side of the playfield CASH & MONEY. Guess what else is going on to the playfield, a lot.

#3183 1 year ago

The coach has spoken & if things go well he might be getting #2. He wants to see the whitewood version first, & is not bailing out on #1 no matter what happens. He is also willing to pay more for a pinball artist to come aboard.

Can we make everyone here clear on all of this? Coach, Doug & Iceman44 are ALL the same person, yes?

And this same person is your ONLY source of the $10K for build #1, yes?

#3184 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

I hope the bash toy is a fuckin' Ford Ranger!!!

No way, should be a toy Airstream with busted out windows.
    airstream (resized).jpgairstream (resized).jpg

#3185 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Now way, should be a toy Airstream with busted out windows.

Hooked up to a fuckin' FORD RANGER!!!

#3186 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This will be “The Room” of pinball.

#3187 1 year ago

I think Ice has demonstrated he is a firm believer in the sunk cost fallacy. I don't doubt him paying John.

#3188 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Can we make everyone here clear on all of this? Coach, Doug & Iceman44 are ALL the same person, yes?
    And this same person is your ONLY source of the $10K for build #1, yes?

That is correct. I am certain he will have lots to say after his penalty period has ended. Yes he is going to pay the vendors & contractors for his game(s). Parts will be ordered early next week from Pinball Life, Marco Specialties, & Pinball Resource. To get things started September 1, 2023

#3189 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I think Ben's concern is what if Ice decides $4K in that he no longer wants to finance this fiasco and walks?

I just don't see that happening. Not with Iceman's ginormous ego involved. In fact, I could see him secretly dig into his pocket for an additional 10K just to show up the mini-mob.

Levi nailed it.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ice isn’t giving him money because he wants to own John, he’s giving him money because he wants to own US.

#3190 1 year ago
    Stapler-Scene-Office-Space (resized).jpgStapler-Scene-Office-Space (resized).jpg
    #3191 1 year ago

. To get things started September 1, 2023

Now THAT'S a more realistic timeline.

#3193 1 year ago

Imagine throwing away $10K to "own" some internet enemies.

Are we "winning" yet?

#3194 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I just don't see that happening. Not with Iceman's ginormous ego involved. In fact, I could see him secretly dig into his pocket for an additional 10K or more just to show up the mini-mob.
    Levi nailed it.

If everyone blocks him, there’s no one to pwn. No one to be triggered. He’ll just be cackling in the mirror.

For real, friends - a world where Orange Cow does not exist is a better one. Pinside has been so pleasant for 5+ years without him. I only know he still exists because of this trainwreck. Fitting.

#3195 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are we "winning" yet?

Can I go out on a limb and suggest he must be divorced and drive a BMW sport utility?

#3196 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

This will be “The Room” of pinball.

No, that movie was at least completed.

#3197 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Now THAT'S a more realistic timeline.

Freudian slip, or the inflection point of the cartoon argument gag?

“No” “Yes”
    “No” “Yes”
    “No” “Yes”
    “No” “No”
    “Yes” “No”
    “Yes” “Ok, fine”

#3198 1 year ago

Should at least let the ICE cool in the penalty box before hitting him again

#3199 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are we "winning" yet?

Per enemy, that's good value for him.

#3200 1 year ago

I've felt pretty owned the last few days. Sitting around, making up a bunch of dumb ideas for Ice's pin...FOR FREE. All my work that I won't get to benefit from... So much ownage

nowaitstop (resized).jpgnowaitstop (resized).jpg
    There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/64?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.