Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 213.
    #3052 1 year ago

By drunks, for drunks. About drunks?

#3053 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

but a general contractor’s chief needed attribute is organizational skills, which still seem …. Lacking here.

I'm speculating so we can only assume that his Coach is over-seeing everything now. Perhaps John should explain their relationship.

Quoted from greatwichjohn:

The coach is on the sideline for a week suspension. Everything is working as planned.

#3054 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Wait, you are providing free exposure to any and all SXSW artists? WattaGuy! Im sure they are super stoked.

Nothing says exposure like John's brothers driveway.

#3055 1 year ago

Clowns....everywhere!

#3056 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Hey John, serious question. After Iceman, you still have 9 slots available. Are you guys trying to sell those spots or promoting anywhere beyond Pinside?

I am not promoting this anywhere else. Could be the only 1. Like I said September 1 is the start of the 6 month build. Then it will likely be a private build if it is only his game. Doug is a good guy that has been there from the start, & willing to put the cash up for a game. No money has been requested, & like I have said it goes toward stages of the build. Just over 2 weeks to go, see what is available for Jon Norris design to be final August 31.

It will get a artist for the pinball art. Look like a pro model pinball machine of the era it represents. Debut at SXSW since there will be a band for the music background in the game, & on to TPF for the real pinball show. After that who knows what happens to the game.

$10K USD + transport to the shows + any tax, or fees going to Texas, per game.

#3057 1 year ago

Can we just skip to the part where Iceman deactivates his account?

#3058 1 year ago

This can be learned from if you only need 1 backer

Step 1) Propose outlandish idea and have pinside pile on.

Step 2) Make sure Ice sees thread and also make sure people are involved in thread who have already blocked Ice.

Step 3) Profit.

The only problem is that if ICE can’t show it off and have people complement how brilliant his decision making was, there is gonna be trouble between GWJ and Icy.

#3059 1 year ago

“Look like a pro model pinball machine of the era it represents.”

This seems unlikely to be the last caveat of what started as a stern pro level machine that “you all of course know”. First I am seeing the term “of the era it represents” used.

So I’m guessing if we reach this level of art quality then we are done. Well played GWJ … well played

8E2C7FB7-E7C1-47E9-9104-E5AD1800C7FA (resized).jpeg8E2C7FB7-E7C1-47E9-9104-E5AD1800C7FA (resized).jpeg
    #3060 1 year ago

It ain’t true Trailer Trash if the art isn’t an hodgepodge of haphazardly placed disparate elements found along the side of the information super highway. True to its origins.

#3061 1 year ago

Wow....I missed a lot of action over the weekend. Thanks for helping me get through my Monday morning

#3062 1 year ago

My 2 cents, have a diverter on the figure 8 that leads into the pops when open. Hit upper left stand-up 3 times to close diverter, and then ball will return to right flipper from figure 8 so you can shoot the MONEY and CASH targets.

May make it a little more challenging.

tt1 (resized).pngtt1 (resized).png
    #3063 1 year ago

I love how John's deadlines keep moving by 2 weeks. You know a certain pinball Podcaster would have a field day with that.

#3064 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

“Look like a pro model pinball machine of the era it represents.”
    This seems unlikely to be the last caveat of what started as a stern pro level machine that “you all of course know”. First I am seeing the term “of the era it represents” used.
    So I’m guessing if we reach this level of art quality then we are done. Well played GWJ … well played[quoted image]

Honestly, Hard Body is a lot more fun playing game than what this new design currently shows...and I like Norris. Take away the 80's art, and this is a really fun game with actual lift ramps and whatnot.

#3065 1 year ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Honestly, Hard Body is a lot more fun playing game than what this new design currently shows...and I like Norris. Take away the 80's art, and this is a really fun game with actual lift ramps and whatnot.

Oh, I know. I am still looking for one to buy, bad art and all, precisely because it’s a fun game.

#3066 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I love how John's deadlines keep moving by 2 weeks. You know a certain pinball Podcaster would have a field day with that.

Ben I do not know what you are talking about. It has always been a 6 month build window, period. Do I have the final playfield design in hand, NO!
    I could care less about Podcasters, & what they think.

#3067 1 year ago

It's "couldn't care less"

#3068 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

He could probably care less about that, too.

#3069 1 year ago

Simple mistake and he was care-less

#3070 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

He could probably care less about that, too.

"That means you do care, at least a little!" - Weird Al

#3071 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Simple mistake and he was careless

Not really Kim, getting old. Math, English, & French were not my strengths in school. If you guys have not figured it out, I will likely not improve.

#3072 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

This can be learned from if you only need 1 backer
    Step 1) Propose outlandish idea and have pinside pile on.
    Step 2) Make sure Ice sees thread and also make sure people are involved in thread who have already blocked Ice.
    Step 3) Profit.
    The only problem is that if ICE can’t show it off and have people complement how brilliant his decision making was, there is gonna be trouble between GWJ and Icy.

The game or games will be at SXSW & TPF, 2023. If you cannot get to these shows someone will have it recorded. Not a box of blinking lights, that does not work, & likely will not use purple as a color. Doug has better things to do in his life, & the project will be managed or directed by me.

#3073 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

It’s either “I could care less,” is just fine!

#3074 1 year ago

This project has seen quite an evolution since first announcing. Notable to me is how John went from $100,000 to build one game, to today at $10,000 to build one game.

#3075 1 year ago

The game or games will be at SXSW & TPF, 2023. If you cannot get to these shows someone will have it recorded. Not a box of blinking lights, that does not work, & likely will not use purple as a color. Doug has better things to do in his life, & the project will be managed or directed by me.

Maybe I've missed it, but I was curious what your ideas for gameplay/rules/modes are for this?
    I'm a big fan of single level games. Have Tag Team, Stars and Hoops at my house and love playing them just as much or more than today's games.

#3076 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

This project has seen quite an evolution since first announcing. Notable to me is how John went from $100,000 to build one game, to today at $10,000 to build one game.

well gas is under $4/gal here... so all kinds of things come down in price

#3077 1 year ago

Another Canadian... promising a "Grand Theft Auto 5" but on a $1 million budget instead of $300 million.

#3078 1 year ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Maybe I've missed it, but I was curious what your ideas for gameplay/rules/modes are for this?

He doesn't have the slightest idea.......it's what Jon Norris comes up with or whoever else he roped into this comes up with

#3079 1 year ago

I am not promoting this anywhere else. Could be the only 1. Like I said September 1 is the start of the 6 month build. Then it will likely be a private build if it is only his game. Doug is a good guy that has been there from the start, & willing to put the cash up for a game. No money has been requested, & like I have said it goes toward stages of the build. Just over 2 weeks to go, see what is available for Jon Norris design to be final August 31.

So you are saying you have taken no money and you only have 1 commitment for a game and all along it has been the Iceman?

It will get a artist for the pinball art. Look like a pro model pinball machine of the era it represents.

Gee John, just what era does a pro model represent? 2010 to present is pretty much the industry standard of a Stern Pro model pinball machine. Oh that's right, in your mind the definition of a pro model pinball machine is different than the rest of the world.

#3080 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Gee John, just what era does a pro model represent? 2010 to present is pretty much the industry standard of a Stern Pro model pinball machine. Oh that's right, in your mind the definition of a pro model pinball machine is different than the rest of the world.

I don't see the point of hammering on this dead horse.

He's not going to say "you were right and I was wrong" or anything like that. Why belabor it or stay mad? He isn't suddenly about to become rational or logical.

Join the fun of John's misadventures! He isn't hurting anyone but Ice's checkbook, and Ice will be the first to tell you (at length) that he can afford it.

#3081 1 year ago

Should rename the pin to "Ball Busters" lol.

#3082 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Another Canadian... promising a "Grand Theft Auto 5" but on a $1 million budget instead of $300 million.

Wow. That was interesting. Thanks, Ben. I'm always looking for another YouTube series to watch.

Going to add From Kickstarter to Court to my list of shows.

#3083 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

So you are saying you have taken no money and you only have 1 commitment for a game and all along it has been the Iceman?

If it has a coin door. Beer count 3

#3084 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:If it has a coin door. Beer count 3

Coin door. Check. Let it be written, let it be done.

#3085 1 year ago

Can the coin door be modified to accept beer bottle caps?

A slot for quarters, bottle caps, and then Susan B Anthony coins. Set for anything that may come your way in 1980

#3086 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Can the coin door be modified to accept beer bottle caps?
    A slot for quarters, bottle caps, and then Susan B Anthony coins. Set for anything that may come your way in 1980

Good idea instead of a bill acceptor. Bottle opener for beer bottles. Keep the ideas flowing. I plan on having custom beverage holders. Maybe your choice of smokes ash tray or holder for e cigs.

#3088 1 year ago

Topper?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #3089 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Topper?[quoted image]

Might be a little too much Kim. Like a Full Size Keg on the top of the head.

#3090 1 year ago

Good idea instead of a bill acceptor. Bottle opener for beer bottles. Keep the ideas flowing. I plan on having custom beverage holders. Maybe your choice of smokes ash tray or holder for e cigs.

Definitely need one of the old cigarette holders from the wood rail era.

It'd be funny if the drink holder could detect a drink being put in and out of it. Then associate some callouts to it

It detects a drink being placed and yells "NOW WATCH THIS" (as in "hold my beer, and watch this").

It notices you drain and pick up a drink, "DON'T DRAIN THAT DRINK TOO"

It notices you drink while you play "I LIKE YOUR STYLE: DRUNK"

You get a tilt warning while a drink is in the holder "CAREFUL, PRECIOUS CARGO"

#3091 1 year ago

No purple? Not even the glow of a bugzapper?

#3092 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

The people who actively find faults in others are the same people who are completely blind to their own

#3093 1 year ago
    Quoted from roffels:

No purple? Not even the glow of a bugzapper?

I 100% think one of the slings should look like a bug zapper and there should be a flasher next to it for when it goes off.

Maybe the other sling can look like a dinner triangle?

#3094 1 year ago

Spitton bucket for the other sling with spit noises? Or too gross lol

Game needs a dip cup somewhere

#3095 1 year ago

The game or games will be at SXSW

AT SXSW or Near SXSW?

#3096 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Definitely need one of the old cigarette holders from the wood rail era.
    It'd be funny if the drink holder could detect a drink being put in and out of it. Then associate some callouts to it
    It detects a drink being placed and yells "NOW WATCH THIS" (as in "hold my beer, and watch this").
    It notices you drain and pick up a drink, "DON'T DRAIN THAT DRINK TOO"
    It notices you drink while you play "I LIKE YOUR STYLE: DRUNK"
    You get a tilt warning while a drink is in the holder "CAREFUL, PRECIOUS CARGO"

So this game is going to have callouts? And who is going to be making them?

I'm sure people here would do them for free but I can't guarantee they will be of high quality!

#3097 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don't see the point of hammering on this dead horse.

Yep, I get it

#3098 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

AT SXSW or Near SXSW?

The whole area near the downtown core where my brother has 2 small lots & houses. Perfect for the double wide bullshit going on. If you look at a map he is a few streets up from the former power plant & closer to the dam. Bars nearby, many years back it was mostly the dive bands playing in the poor or down bars. There is a breadcrumb there!

#3099 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So this game is going to have callouts? And who is going to be making them?
    I'm sure people here would do them for free but I can't guarantee they will be of high quality!

I am sure there are a few that can donate some call outs. Could have my hero here do a bunch, so they can be played back for posterity. He seems to have a whole boatload of them by now.

#3100 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I 100% think one of the slings should look like a bug zapper and there should be a flasher next to it for when it goes off.
    Maybe the other sling can look like a dinner triangle?

I kid you not..... a few years ago driving home late on Saturday night I am coming around the bend and there is a blue glowing light in foreground. As I approach, it become more clear that the trash family in the neighborhood were all sitting at a picnic table in the front yard with the bug zapper on the table as the centerpiece. Had to be about 11:30 pm, frickin beer cans everywhere.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.