Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 213.
    #2951 1 year ago

just have to find a big whale first

#2952 1 year ago
    Quoted from Micky:

robin usually bans people who PM others like that.

I hate to disagree with you, Micky but, We shall see ...Time will tell

#2953 1 year ago

We have a couple key team members unavailable this weekend. We are aware of the situation.

#2954 1 year ago

Woo-Hoo! Congratulations to Pinlink!! An extremally rare Ben Heck Up-vote!

Zbenheck (resized).pngZbenheck (resized).png
    #2955 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I would like to see Doug put up a Go Fund Me, for charity & actually see if the guys would actually Fund It For Charity. I believe the goal was $11k US to make the $10k US after the fees. Lots of talk, & I did not get the feeling it was there into the Fall or the end of the year. Prove me wrong for charity, but I think not is the case here with this group.
    Just got home from a night out with a couple of pitchers of Bud at the bar. Everywhere I go, not all the people know my name, & no bar stool reserved for me like Cheers on TV. My wife is getting the cans of Bud ready before bed, so I can continue on with enjoying life & beer. Proved I am a charitable guy here, but like I thought guys here will spin it another way. Make A Wish or Project Pinball are the losers out of this shit fest here.
    As for industry people they know who I am. Could care less what people think here.

John, if you get this machine built, I'll personally donate $500 direct to a charity of your choice as an acknowledgment of your success.

#2956 1 year ago

This thread just inspired me for a mode: Vodka in the Baby Formula

#2957 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Well, it’s not a problem. But everyone he yells at gets a similar, ridiculous pm. So Blueberry is not that special. In fact that’s one of the worst ones because it didn’t really say much. Usually expect a paragraph or two. I thought he sent blubbery some already during the deeproot days. So he shouldn’t be surprised.
    I was offended by one of the above post where Ice wrote … the blueberry boys …. instead of obvious … the blueberries.

Yea i got a nice PM from Iceman at like 3:30 am lol.

Hey Iceman, Morning sunshine!

#2958 1 year ago

This is the person John has chosen to get in debt with.

This is why the GoFundMe for a single game was a better idea. Look how much fun people were having sharing PF ideas until drunk dad got home.

#2959 1 year ago

The guy getting blind drunk, alone, on a Saturday night and spending hours drunk DMing all of his internet enemies thinks we are all “pathetic losers.”

When does he open his “winner school” so I can learn to be a high-powered winner like him?

It’s been a while, that’s for sure. We used to get this every weekend!

#2960 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

I'm going to make a pinside pin, featuring the prominent players in this thread. Big whale mode is impossible to get, Hit the Iceman combo get the double barrel birds. GWJ plan mode just repeats itself and never goes anywhere. Vdojaq jackpot builds but returns to zero when you finish the GWJ goes to the pub mode.

Instead off midnight madness, we have "Saturday night madness". When it kicks in, everything goes to shit and there are no rules. Just aimless flailing lol

#2962 1 year ago

I am awaiting two things. #1 - GWJ to fill us in on what happened today. Do we have a theme? Do we have a designer on board? Are you ready to start Sep 1? You are planning to build one game only, right? #2 Doug will be awake and will have his brunch with unlimited bloody Mary’s and other Texas shit. Expect incoming barrage of insults directed at the clouds.

I am already four sheets in on Sun, pissing away from the wind and feeling things may be stirring up. Oh boy, wish some of you could go back and read some of the chronicles of TBL’s being delivered. We were getting multiple posts a day from the captains log. Real life accounts from the captain as reported by narrator. Real time accounts as the pins were moving into harbor and then inbound. Glorious stuff I tell ya.

#2963 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The guy getting blind drunk, alone, on a Saturday night and spending hours drunk DMing all of his internet enemies thinks we are all “pathetic losers.”
    When does he open his “winner school” so I can learn to be a high-powered winner like him?
    It’s been a while, that’s for sure. We used to get this every weekend!

I feel like I joined an exclusive club. Maybe that qualifes me as a "Hobbiest" now.

#2964 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I feel like I joined an exclusive club. Maybe that qualifes me as a "Hobbiest" now.

no you need to own more pins, first. Then you’ll be in. One or maybe two is all you need. It is within reach.

#2965 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

I'm going to make a pinside pin, featuring the prominent players in this thread. Big whale mode is impossible to get, Hit the Iceman combo get the double barrel birds. GWJ plan mode just repeats itself and never goes anywhere. Vdojaq jackpot builds but returns to zero when you finish the GWJ goes to the pub mode.

This is a billion times better idea than "trailer trash"...

#2966 1 year ago

"Pinside Pinball" has been suggested in the past!

John was worried it was going to take until X-mas to get his 10k. He wouldn't be able to make his game imamaculate, so "it dies"

#2967 1 year ago

greatwichjohn we would appreciate a Saturday and Sunday beer count please.

#2968 1 year ago

I am awaiting two things. #1 - GWJ to fill us in on what happened today. Do we have a theme? Do we have a designer on board? Are you ready to start Sep 1? You are planning to build one game only, right? #2 Doug will be awake and will have his brunch with unlimited bloody Mary’s and other Texas shit. Expect incoming barrage of insults directed at the clouds.
    I am already four sheets in on Sun, pissing away from the wind and feeling things may be stirring up. Oh boy, wish some of you could go back and read some of the chronicles of TBL’s being delivered. We were getting multiple posts a day from the captains log. Real life accounts from the captain as reported by narrator. Real time accounts as the pins were moving into harbor and then inbound. Glorious stuff I tell ya.

My best impression:

Going forward the theme will be trailer trash. If a mini whale wants to join pod the trash can be changed to another word for extra cost but trailer will remain. Jon Norris is the designer with a plan ready to go and changes are being made keep the good ideas coming. May be in game not sure

One game or 3 but no more than ten, the less is the better for Sept 1 timeline for reveal at SFSX my brothers house with many drinking establishments 5 minutes away for those who like beer as do I. TPF will be at show with trailer trash pins. Go fund me is a no to unless it's any day but Saturday but if someone wants to start that's ok as I don't understand or it dies!

Many local talent ready and lined up. Heading to local bar to have a few domestics and a pitcher good ideas flow after a few.

#2969 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Welcome to the club. As our newest member you have to rotate the kegs and bring out the Gimp.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #2970 1 year ago

Wow! just Wow! I get a nasty case of food poisoning and miss the entire drunkfest shitshow???

Iceman, holy shit. This isn't the 1st time he has done this and I am absolutely positive it wont be his last drunken Pinside tirade. He thinks you add alcohol and his I.Q. raises 25 points. How did that work out for you?

Greatwichjohn, goes out for his usual beer count and then comes here and wants someone else to do a GoFundMe. Maybe he might be having a bit of alcohol fueled remorse? Nah, cant be, all the while he still trying to deflect any sort of responsibility on everyone else. Then tries to play the sympathy card for the charities. John, the poor me, it's not my fault routine only makes you look worse and worse.

BTW , the other guy immediately shut him down on a GoFundMe with a hard NO.

Then, as this shit is all flying, Mr Puppy Dog Avatar and Skid Mark from Saskatchewan cannot downvote anything that goes against John fast enough.

All of this while Ben Heck becomes the leading voice of reason.

gring (resized).jpggring (resized).jpg
    #2971 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Wow! just Wow! I get a nasty case of food poisoning and miss the entire drunkfest shitshow???
    Iceman, holy shit. This isn't the 1st time he has done this and I am absolutely positive it wont be his last drunken Pinside tirade. He thinks you add alcohol and his I.Q. raises 25 points. How did that work out for you?
    Greatwichjohn, goes out for his usual beer count and then comes here and wants someone else to do a GoFundMe. Maybe he might be having a bit of alcohol fueled remorse? Nah, cant be, all the while he still trying to deflect any sort of responsibility on everyone else. Then tries to play the sympathy card for the charities. John, the poor me, it's not my fault routine only makes you look worse and worse.
    BTW , the other guy immediately shut him down on a GoFundMe with a hard NO.
    Then, as this shit is all flying, Mr Puppy Dog Avatar and Skid Mark from Saskatchewan cannot downvote anything that goes against John fast enough.
    All of this while Ben Heck becomes the leading voice of reason. [quoted image]

Well Tex has a week to think about what he has done.

#2972 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

John was worried it was going to take until X-mas to get his 10k

This is one of the puzzling things to me. Where the heck did he come up with this? I don't know? If someone were to offer me the possibilty of $10K for me to build a pinball machine and I didn't know how it worked, I could just Google or actually visit the GoFundMe site and take 10 minutes to get some information.

Absolutely zero effort on John's part. So much easier to just expect things to be handed to them without any sort of effort. You know what, I will just drink my beer, tell everyone I am broke, have a shitty pension, filed bankruptcy and beg for money. All the while being oblivious to the fact that several, generous people, here on pinside were ready to make his dream come true with a fucking GIFT. Just be open about the process and let us throw ideas if need be.

#2973 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I could just Google or actually visit the GoFundMe site and take 10 minutes to get some information.

In GWJ defense, he is using a flip phone...

#2974 1 year ago

I also got news for all of you.

John isn't building his pinball from scratch. There NEVER was an original playfield design from John. He is using someone elses designs and basically acting as a contractor for everything else to be built.

At least Ben and AMH was his baby. Same with Danesi and TNA. Whoa Nellie was a complete homebrew. How about Archer?

John is just cobbleing everything together from everyone else. I bet he has no clue what any of the art work or call outs should look or sound like. He will just slap on whatever his so called artists comes up with.

Sorry, but the more I think about this, there is nothing original about any of this. All bush league.

This is once again just like his playfields and backglasses. Everyone else is doing the work for him.

#2975 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

This is one of the puzzling things to me. Where the heck did he come up with this? I don't know? If someone were to offer me the possibilty of $10K for me to build a pinball machine and I didn't know how it worked, I could just Google or actually visit the GoFundMe site and take 10 minutes to get some information.
    Absolutely zero effort on John's part. So much easier to just expect things to be handed to them without any sort of effort. You know what, I will just drink my beer, tell everyone I am broke, have a shitty pension, filed bankruptcy and beg for money. All the while being oblivious to the fact that several, generous people, here on pinside were ready to make his dream come true with a fucking GIFT. Just be open about the process and let us throw ideas if need be.

It's the kind of poor decision making you might expect if John had someone without his best interests in mind telling him the gofundme is a bullshit joke and that the losers on pinside would never actually raise the money.

#2976 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

It's the kind of poor decision making you might expect if John had someone without his best interests in mind telling him the gofundme is a bullshit joke and that the losers on pinside would never actually raise the money.

There were actaully a couple of those.

#2977 1 year ago

If a novelist made up a character who nicknamed himself Ice yet threw stable genius tantrums on the regular, any editor would throw it out for being too laughable to be believable.

Truth is more double barrel middle finger than fiction, as I believe the saying goes.

#2978 1 year ago

#2979 1 year ago

This loser spent the day day drinking with his wife at the beach instead of worrying about dumb shit like Ice, and more important things like trailer parks. Maybe if I respected Ice I would care. Kinda sad.

578E6DF4-E362-425E-AE74-41ADAD379383 (resized).jpeg578E6DF4-E362-425E-AE74-41ADAD379383 (resized).jpeg7E87FC8A-13AC-4AED-A97D-7DF8A873212D (resized).jpeg7E87FC8A-13AC-4AED-A97D-7DF8A873212D (resized).jpegDA1D5CAD-35B9-4372-A783-9E4DCD821EA4 (resized).jpegDA1D5CAD-35B9-4372-A783-9E4DCD821EA4 (resized).jpeg
    #2980 1 year ago

no you need to own more pins, first. Then you’ll be in. One or maybe two is all you need. It is within reach.

I have MetLE currenty and Halloween on the way. Soooooo close!

#2981 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

"Pinside Pinball" has been suggested in the past!

"Sewer Losers"

#2982 1 year ago

If there was a pinside pinball, I nominate Levi as narrator to the player

#2983 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballguru:

I changed to five drops with four standups at John's request for MONEY and CASH feature utilizing a drop target bank.

I was thinking of this. I know John is driving the bus on the project. But it seems really silly to make the drops say MONEY and the standups to say CASH. They’re the same thing…

It would make more sense if the drops said VAULT (or similar). Hit the drops down to break open the vault, then CASH stand ups light up to get as much cash as you can before the “vault” resets itself. (Or label the drops SMASH and the standups GRAB)

Or does John want to elaborate on his MONEY and CASH feature?

#2984 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

This is once again just like his playfields and backglasses. Everyone else is doing the work for him.

The bgs and pfs were repros, artwork already done, and the bgs were just a square that needed ink tweaking on colors, whites and silver/blackout. He did a good job of zeroing in on getting those right with the printer, and the final product was great, The 3 level Iron Maiden looked fantastic.

But yeah, this original pin with original art is a horse of another color. Maybe it will be all clip art off the net.

#2985 1 year ago

Art is the last part of the project. I’d want to hear John’s ideas for rules and features. That should guide the artwork.

#2986 1 year ago

Speaking of art did John budget for a white wood? Get the game shooting, hand that off to the programmer than build the real deal with final mechs and art?

John you need to work backwards, allow AT LEAST 3 months for code, audio, etc. So you need a WW to hand off to a programmer by end of November. Doable?

#2987 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I was thinking of this. I know John is driving the bus on the project. But it seems really silly to make the drops say MONEY and the standups to say CASH. They’re the same thing…
    It would make more sense if the drops said VAULT (or similar). Hit the drops down to break open the vault, then CASH stand ups light up to get as much cash as you can before the “vault” resets itself. (Or label the drops SMASH and the standups GRAB)
    Or does John want to elaborate on his MONEY and CASH feature?

Covert backup theme

Screen Shot 2022-08-14 at 10.53.43 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-08-14 at 10.53.43 AM (resized).pngcash-money-records-logo (resized).jpgcash-money-records-logo (resized).jpg
    #2988 1 year ago

It kinda makes me think of the stories I heard of Gottlieb in the early 90s. Everything being worked on at the same time, siloed off, and smashed together at the end of six months with little iteration. Course they had a factory line to keep busy.

Deadlines are good for keeping a project moving along.

But I’m guessing this will lean more grade school group project where a few people do their end very well, a few just turn something in, some do basically nothing, and everyone gets a generous pity C-

#2989 1 year ago

Covert backup theme
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Avoiding the license with "Money Cash"

#2990 1 year ago

Speaking of getting the cash money. If there was a Wu Tang table, knock down CREAM drops to light dolla dolla bill standups around the playfield.

#2991 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Well Tex has a week to think about what he has done.

he'll just shit all over the rest of pinside referring to the idiots here...

I actually had hope a project like this would suck him in and keep the dribble to a single thread.

#2992 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Art is the last part of the project. I’d want to hear John’s ideas for rules and features. That should guide the artwork.

Sorry, he has none. That will be done for him in the most generic of terms.

#2993 1 year ago

Beer count is 7 so far. Might have more to piss of my wife tonight. The coach is on the sideline for a week suspension. Everything is working as planned.

#2994 1 year ago

I can’t wait to see this pin. GWJ is going to do it! Follow the plan and guaranteed success. With or without Ice, GWJ is going to pass the finish line.

#2995 1 year ago

Would John consider doing open source coding so the community could help? I can certainly get the ball rolling writing some generic MPF configs and maybe a dumb mode…

I know John has literally no idea what I just said. But throwing it out there.

#2996 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Beer count is 7 so far. Might have more to piss of my wife tonight. The coach is on the sideline for a week suspension. Everything is working as planned.

What's the plan? Liver failure?

#2997 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I think that is one of the multiball modes.

#2998 1 year ago

So does this mean the “Ice buying friends” happy hour is canceled?

#2999 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

My liver is fine Ben. You got to enjoy life while you can.

#3000 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So does this mean the “Ice buying friends” happy hour is canceled?

The happy hour was only going to be 15 minutes. Then 45 minutes of belligerence

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.