Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 213.
    #2901 1 year ago

What about going after the Hee Haw license?

#2902 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Racist term for white people?

Cracker is a no go

And redneck is a lot more than “trailer trash”

There are ton of rich rednecks that don’t live in trailers.

Elon Musk is now and official Austin, TX “redneck”. Complete with cowboy hat

But, I was country before country wasn’t cool.

George Strait. Redneck legend and resident of Boerne

Beverly Hillbilies. All day home run title!

#2903 1 year ago
    #2904 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

What about going after the Hee Haw license?

Maybe - if THE BOYS are totally SURE that they are not interested - maybe they can HELP with that.

I bet they KNOW the Hee Haw guys. iT cOUlDn'T hURt tO reAcH oUT aNd asK!

-----

Ball Drain: And PFFT You Were GONE.....

#2905 1 year ago

License Big Mutha Truckers

0C34CF57-D038-4C7E-9EEF-32F16F7FB9ED (resized).jpeg0C34CF57-D038-4C7E-9EEF-32F16F7FB9ED (resized).jpeg

0D7113B5-18E3-4B71-9B21-C97C1D31DA58 (resized).jpeg0D7113B5-18E3-4B71-9B21-C97C1D31DA58 (resized).jpegE37310B8-D685-47AA-B1CC-D04BC2B65819 (resized).jpegE37310B8-D685-47AA-B1CC-D04BC2B65819 (resized).jpeg

A03087B2-E7C8-43F7-BB19-E4A5F0EBADE6 (resized).jpegA03087B2-E7C8-43F7-BB19-E4A5F0EBADE6 (resized).jpegD3DF1A60-29F9-4F6F-8015-816709098BA3 (resized).jpegD3DF1A60-29F9-4F6F-8015-816709098BA3 (resized).jpeg7A6F6501-9363-4E4D-9892-28C11F482BF0 (resized).png7A6F6501-9363-4E4D-9892-28C11F482BF0 (resized).png

#2906 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

License Big Mutha Truckers
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image][quoted image]
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Now that’s a theme I could get behind. Mutha Truckers 2 - Trucking Harder. License the title and build 1 pinball machine. To be auctioned with expenses being repaid (first $35k) and overage going to a charity. Probably impossible to come up with $25k for a license but it’s a path forward that allows you to be in the pinball making game.

Otherwise skip the public side show and build the game on your own dime. Then you don’t have to license anything nor incur licensing costs. Just do what it takes you to get the game created by TPF. Show it to the world then open the channels for people to provide feedback on your great home brew. If it reaches Stern pro levels then it is your audition to get hired somewhere.

#2907 1 year ago

See that’s what I don’t get at all. No license is needed for a home brew. He could have built the TPB pin he wanted in the first place, taken it to TPF and if it was decent and there is interest then maybe he tries to get the license and produce it. Just seems like this whole thing was bass-ackwards.

#2908 1 year ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

See that’s what I don’t get at all. No license is needed for a home brew. He could have built the TPB pin he wanted in the first place, taken it to TPF and if it was decent and there is interest then maybe he tries to get the license and produce it. Just seems like this whole thing was bass-ackwards.

Has that ever worked though? Making a theme pin that wows the IP holder so much they strike a up a deal sounds like a fairy tale…

#2909 1 year ago

If you wanna do some redneck jokes in a marketable way, license King of the Hill. Or make something ludicrous because YOLO.

#2910 1 year ago

I would like to see Doug put up a Go Fund Me, for charity & actually see if the guys would actually Fund It For Charity. I believe the goal was $11k US to make the $10k US after the fees. Lots of talk, & I did not get the feeling it was there into the Fall or the end of the year. Prove me wrong for charity, but I think not is the case here with this group.

Just got home from a night out with a couple of pitchers of Bud at the bar. Everywhere I go, not all the people know my name, & no bar stool reserved for me like Cheers on TV. My wife is getting the cans of Bud ready before bed, so I can continue on with enjoying life & beer. Proved I am a charitable guy here, but like I thought guys here will spin it another way. Make A Wish or Project Pinball are the losers out of this shit fest here.

As for industry people they know who I am. Could care less what people think here.

#2911 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

It's very obvious. All thread long he has spoke of his "chats" with industry notables such as David fix, Jersey Jack, and Steve Richie. GWJ wants to be a legitimate insider, a player on the pinball scene. That is why he needs this done by TPF. He can have drinks with them and chat as one of them, it's pinball validation.
    If he builds it, he will be one of them.

Already done the drinking part many times with industry people. Not my first or last time at the rodeo.

#2912 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Yes, but what is a cracker? A cracker is a white slave owner. A slave owner that cracked the whip at his slaves....hence a cracker.
    Redneck is funny, just like white trash, or trailer park trash. Cracker Country??? Um , no.

Fuck, even

Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I would like to see Doug put up a Go Fund Me, for charity & actually see if the guys would actually Fund It For Charity. I believe the goal was $11k US to make the $10k US after the fees. Lots of talk, & I did not get the feeling it was there into the Fall or the end of the year. Prove me wrong for charity, but I think not is the case here with this group.
    Just got home from a night out with a couple of pitchers of Bud at the bar. Everywhere I go, not all the people know my name, & no bar stool reserved for me like Cheers on TV. My wife is getting the cans of Bud ready before bed, so I can continue on with enjoying life & beer. Proved I am a charitable guy here, but like I thought guys here will spin it another way. Make A Wish or Project Pinball are the losers out of this shit fest here.
    As for industry people they know who I am. Could care less what people think here.

Keep talking!

#2913 1 year ago

I’ll do it myself John.

I would NEVER waste the extra $1k. And once again, there was ZERO chance these guys would have come through.

Kojak have been sincere initially but there is NO chance these lookey Lou’s would have ponied up. Look at the whiny bitches already

I retract my olive branch.

I see a bunch of losers here again and I wouldn’t even allow them on the charity build. Not a F ing one of them

The jackass mini mob? Time to shut these A holes down. No more oxygen for these dopes

Time to go dark and let these drama Queen bitches suck it

Can you see this? It’s the double barrel middle finger. Lol

#2914 1 year ago

Lol, man you have some balls lol. YOU werent interested in the go fund me, you were were the one who pitched a $100,000 blinged out pin, fully custom, but using ramps from another pin.

Now Trailer Trash LE is your best hope.

This shit show is all on you and
    no wonder you are where you are. Cant believe a legit designer is on board with said shit show.

Good luck.

#2915 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I’ll do it myself John.
    I see a bunch of losers here again and I wouldn’t even allow them on the charity build. Not a F ing one of them
    The jackass mini mob? Time to shut these A holes down. No more oxygen for these dopes
    Time to go dark and let these drama Queen bitches suck it
    Can you see this? It’s the double barrel middle finger. Lol

Someone else is drinking tonight!

#2916 1 year ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

Has that ever worked though? Making a theme pin that wows the IP holder so much they strike a up a deal sounds like a fairy tale…

I would suggest that you would have a better chance of getting an IP to agree to license a theme for a machine that you have an example of and a list 50-100 buyers already lined up because it was a huge hit at a pinball show vs some rando dude emailing them out of the blue and asking for the license...

#2917 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Someone else is drinking tonight!

Did you see the double barrel?

Game over Rooster Nuts

It’s Saturday night. Wtf are you doing?

#2918 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:I would like to see Doug put up a Go Fund Me

No.
    As said before, you wanted nothing to do with it until you realized you could get cash NOW and spend it who knows how...
    A- beer
    B- beer
    C through Z- beer

#2919 1 year ago

I’m starting to realize GWJ and Iceman are perfect for each other

#2920 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

I’m starting to realize GWJ and Iceman are perfect for each other

I like GWJ.

Who the F do you think you are.

If you haven’t realized that yet the YOU are the ……

Mr “unknown”. Hiding your pathetic whereabouts. Lol!!!!

#2921 1 year ago
    Quoted from miracleman:

No.
    As said before, you wanted nothing to do with it until you realized you could get cash NOW and spend it who knows how...
    A- beer
    B- beer
    C through Z- beer

nobody cares what you do or don’t do

And you ain’t any kind of “miracle” man. Lol

#2922 1 year ago

Step 1) Embark on an impossible project schedule.

Step 2) Remind everyone how much time you spend drinking

Step 3)...........

#2923 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Step 3)...........

Step 4. Where is your next game? It’s been 8 years now.

IF it ever sees the light of day, which I highly doubt because Of AMH and you just are so far down below a guy like Elwin, I wouldn’t ever think about buying it Benny

Yet you punch down on poor GWJ. An easy target? Because the pinball elites are crushing you ? I don’t know

So trim your hedges and keep that chip on your shoulder. No hoper

You need to stop and worry about yourself after the terrible business decisions you have already made

Remember, it’s YOU and the Blueberry boys that just can’t move on with life. Pitiful really

#2924 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Step 4. Where is your next game? It’s been 8 years now.
    IF it ever sees the light of day, which I highly doubt because Of AMH and you just are so far down below a guy like Elwin, I wouldn’t ever think about buying it Benny
    Yet you punch down on poor GWJ. An easy target? Because the pinball elites are crushing you ? I don’t know
    So trim your hedges and keep that chip on your shoulder. No hoper
    You need to stop and worry about yourself after the terrible business decisions you have already made
    Remember, it’s YOU and the Blueberry boys that just can’t move on with life. Pitiful really

Defoe.gifDefoe.gif

#2925 1 year ago

Whomever this downvoting loser “Ethearch” is needs to get a life or speak up and say something.

Dude. Look closely. It’s the double barrel.

You are pathetic.

#2926 1 year ago

Trim that hair, go bald, and you have Benny. Lol

And probably Snake Dope too, his bother

#2927 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Did you see the double barrel?
    Game over Rooster Nuts
    It’s Saturday night. Wtf are you doing?

I did, didnt phase me bud, your shooting blanks.

Just leaving the Rockies vs Diamondbacks game. Had a few beers myself. Didnt concoct some crazy plan like GWJ, or fund the crazy plan, like you. See, i can handle my booze!

#2928 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Step 3)...........

Step 3, Hook Iceman on a weekend night. Seems to be a common step for a few nutjobs out there. And it works lol.

#2929 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I did, didnt phase me bud, your shooting blanks.
    Just leaving the Rockies vs Diamondbacks game. Had a few beers myself. Didnt concoct some crazy plan like GWJ, or fund the crazy plan, like you. See, i can handle my booze!

Bye bye

You are quite the guy Doofster. DoofusKing

You can drink a few beers at a game. Lol

Go home now and shoot something. Double barrel, got it?

Now I get it. A Rockies fan. Lol

#2930 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Bye bye
    You are quite the guy Doofster.
    You can drink a few beers at a game. Lol
    Go home now and shoot something. Double barrel, got it?

I dont, explain!

#2931 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I dont, explain!

Figure it out.

Are you even in this hobby? One pin?

I think you just like stirring shit. Horrible

#2932 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Figure it out.

Meh, lost interest already.

#2933 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Figure it out.

What qualifies as a hobbiest? 2 or more pins, or playing in tourneys and hitting up arcades a couple of days a week. Only people who own x number of pins are hobbiests?

Drink another, this is getting deep!

#2934 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Figure it out.

Of course i like stirring shit, a bunch of product to stir in this thread, thanks to your lifeline!

#2935 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

What qualifies as a hobbiest? 2 or more pins, or playing in tourneys and hitting up arcades a couple of days a week. Only people who own x number of pins are hobbiests?
    Drink another, this is getting deep!

Don’t know. But YOU ain’t it.

Maybe you had too many beers at the game. Are you sure you don’t have a drinking problem?

And your loser shit is over. Lol

Along with the rest of the pathetic dopes here

#2936 1 year ago

Blackout multiball. All lights out after too many beers and it forgets your scoring in the mode when it’s over (shows up in bonus tho)

#2937 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Don’t know. But YOU ain’t it.
    Maybe you had too many beers at the game. Are you sure you don’t have a drinking problem?
    And your loser shit is over. Lol
    Along with the rest of the pathetic dopes here

You’re a pretty mean drunk.

#2940 1 year ago

Lol

Didn't realize there was a rule against sharing dms. Is there a rule against dming people this kind of crap?

#2941 1 year ago

No snitches in this trailer park. We just ignore our problems round these parts.

#2942 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Lol
    Didn't realize there was a rule against sharing dms. Is there a rule against dming people this kind of crap?

robin usually bans people who PM others like that.

#2943 1 year ago
    Quoted from Micky:

Can't say it would be a major loss

#2944 1 year ago

My old mate Icey never fails to deliver!

Yesterday:

Quoted from iceman44:

Guys, I’m in such a great mood I’m extending the olive branch to all my haters.
    I’d like to bury the hatchet and get along

24 hours later:

Quoted from iceman44:

It’s Iceman gold! Gold I tell ya!

rd

#2945 1 year ago

Go away overnight and
    E256D876-9932-427B-AB62-55155BAAAD4A.gifE256D876-9932-427B-AB62-55155BAAAD4A.gif

#2946 1 year ago
    Quoted from Micky:

Well, it’s not a problem. But everyone he yells at gets a similar, ridiculous pm. So Blueberry is not that special. In fact that’s one of the worst ones because it didn’t really say much. Usually expect a paragraph or two. I thought he sent blubbery some already during the deeproot days. So he shouldn’t be surprised.

I was offended by one of the above post where Ice wrote … the blueberry boys …. instead of obvious … the blueberries.

#2947 1 year ago

It's hilarious and disturbing to me how this topic hits a flashpoint every Saturday after copious amounts of alcohol are consumed... I had a few and and went to bed at 9 pm. Tons of remodeling going on that's kicking my ass!

wtf-just-happened (resized).jpgwtf-just-happened (resized).jpg
    #2948 1 year ago

Should there be a mean drunk character in the game, or should it just be an angry drunk trailer park supervisor as the antagonist. Don’t wanna get too close to ripping off TPB.

But if we did feel like ripping off TPB, we need to be rescuing kittens. Just have random kitty inserts temporarily light for collects. Get 9 for an extra ball

#2949 1 year ago

I'm going to make a pinside pin, featuring the prominent players in this thread. Big whale mode is impossible to get, Hit the Iceman combo get the double barrel birds. GWJ plan mode just repeats itself and never goes anywhere. Vdojaq jackpot builds but returns to zero when you finish the GWJ goes to the pub mode.

#2950 1 year ago

Someday, some how, Someone will build this pin ^^^

there has to a mode named The Plan in which GWJ’s plan can be navigated through it’s many twists and turns. Of course playing this mode always passes through the Ice spinner multiple times. Sometimes, the Ice spinner just spins itself - flippy floppy spinnnny weeeeee.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.