Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 213.
    #2551 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

There is no reality to this plan. it is a certainty that John will lose money from this venture as he unfortunately has on every one to date. It am pretty sure that by the end, he will have a hostile relationship with everybody who comes on board. Once was willing to throw in $300 but I am out for good. Final thought is John should pull the plug and go dark and just drink beer and build his home-brew. Stay away from Pinside and all other media. Do whatever you you want just don’t go spilling your brains on a public forum.

Well you guys don’t have to worry about it anymore now do you?

The curtain has dropped. And the show has gone “dark”. Lol

Gonna be a LONG 6 months!

#2552 1 year ago

Curious John why you feel Trailer Trash is an acceptable theme? I know a few people that live in trailer parks and they are good folk.

#2553 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

If you want to argue with the EIA be my guest. Since it’s an “existential threat” you might want to understand the reality!

Europe gets it now.

442B1AB1-DB9C-44EA-B327-A30AA52EBB6A (resized).png442B1AB1-DB9C-44EA-B327-A30AA52EBB6A (resized).png
    #2554 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Ice cometh with his pinside sword drawn, calling upon his new found minion to silence as he takes over the grand project. His IS the power!

#2555 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Curious John why you feel Trailer Trash is an acceptable theme? I know a few people that live in trailer parks and they are good folk.

Rednecks are the best! I’m one of them. A term of endearment.

And above post was meant for stock market thread. My bad

#2556 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Ice cometh with his pinside sword drawn, calling upon his new found minion to silence as he takes over the grand project. His IS the power!

What was Benny saying? So I could “own” him? Lol. Yeah NOPE, got it all wrong boys

#2557 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Because one person mentioned it as an alternative theme if TPB couldn't work. Which sort of sums up all of John's decisions that he has made on the project. My question is...if John runs out of napkins, does he run out of ideas?

#2558 1 year ago

Why is there a ginormous article and graph about European fuels in the middle of this thread?

#2559 1 year ago

Me too..Still I would he ashamed to tell my fellow red necks I was making a Trailer Trash pin. Change the name I.m.o

#2560 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

What was Benny saying? So I could “own” him? Lol. Yeah NOPE, got it all wrong boys

So, you talked to him on the phone and poof... its gone dark. Yeah, coincidence

#2561 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Me too..Still I would he ashamed to tell my fellow red necks I was making a Trailer Trash pin. Change the name I.m.o

I already suggested a space theme and was down voted.

Trailer Trash may sound fine alongside trailer park boys, but no one is going to want it when they see the final product on its own. One positive is that the chances of a final product coming to completion is close to zero.

#2562 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

There is no reality to this plan. it is a certainty that John will lose money from this venture as he unfortunately has on every one to date. It am pretty sure that by the end, he will have a hostile relationship with everybody who comes on board. Once was willing to throw in $300 but I am out for good. Final thought is John should pull the plug and go dark and just drink beer and build his home-brew. Stay away from Pinside and all other media. Do whatever you you want just don’t go spilling your brains on a public forum.

These are good suggestions, but the problem as you noted is that John thinks out loud on a forum. It would be really really hard for him not to reveal anything for 6 months despite saying he can

#2563 1 year ago

Agree that “Trailer Trash” is an offensive theme. I wouldn’t make a machine with a theme that could be considered as offensive and denigrating to about 20 million US citizens that happen to live in a mobile home.

#2564 1 year ago

Custom theme, so add writing dialog, recording his bar buddies saying it, mixing sound FX and music all to the list of things he won't get done by March.

#2565 1 year ago

Trailer park paradise

.fixed it!

#2566 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Trailer park paradise
    .fixed it!

300 bucks includes pinside discount.

#2567 1 year ago

Align the game and toys to a very close TPB theme and your good to go!

#2568 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

John marches to his own beat and does his thing. I talked to him this weekend.

Good guy

#2569 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

John marches to his own beat and does his thing. I talked to him this weekend.
    Good guy

Seems like a good guy. Hopefully he does stay silent, and busy with his project. Hopefully when he resurfaces he blows us away with his results.

#2570 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I applaud your good intentioned noble effort to help John Kojak. But there was ZERO chance that these cheap bastards here would ever pony up for $11k and this "CHARITY PROJECT".
    No F ing way! LOL

I am not going to take the bait here. I will simply state that you have no clue as the the PM's or anything else I was privy to pertaining to the GFM. It would have been fulfilled in one week flat.

#2571 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Align the game and toys to a very close TPB theme and your good to go!

By the time you have finished the prototype then you can reapproach the license company but let a professional contact them next time...by phone not email for a face to face meeting In person or zoom.

#2572 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I am not going to take the bait here. I will simply state that you have no clue as the the PM's or anything else I was privy to pertaining to the GFM. It would have been fulfilled in one week flat.

Easy to say now. But when it comes time to put up, the $2,500 you said was committed? Way too finicky group.

Then again, the drama queens are so starved for it I could see some doing anything to not miss out.

Doesn’t matter now.

How many people would pay $5 bucks a month for 6 months on Patreon to watch the show?

You would have paid $11k now for a “charity case”.

Kaneda has 500 or so for that entertainment train wreck. Lol

#2573 1 year ago

I’m liking “Redneck Riviera” or something Redneck. Much better.

Trailer Park Rednecks

#2574 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I am sure Fomo will kick in soon. - Time will tell over the next 3+ weeks.

Quoted from Beechwood:

So John has had one day of "FOMO to kick in" (his description) and he has now gone dark.

Unless he is the Pod-Father and already has whales hog tied in the Greatwich Bay, isn't that a bit premature? My assumption is that right now he has none and this is prime time to promote.

I don't know any of the details behind the scenes but its outward confusion like this that will keep people coming back. - Let the speculation begin.

#2575 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

You can call it out and refute his ideas without the vitriol - you can get your point across and still be polite
    In other words - Don't be an ass

Pinballs scammers - even ones who don’t realize they’re about to become one, aren’t entitled to politeness. Especially when they repeatedly ignore rational advice. This community has been burned too many times. Nah, I’ll save my nice side for the good people in pinball.

#2576 1 year ago

I'll happily donate some pinball parts from my homebrew box of parts to John. A ball trough and some old flipper mechs should get him going... I could toss in some random ramp parts if he goes Franken Stern Pro model

Quoted from Tranquilize:

I already suggested a space theme and was down voted.
    Trailer Trash may sound fine alongside trailer park boys, but no one is going to want it when they see the final product on its own. One positive is that the chances of a final product coming to completion is close to zero.

What if it was Trailer Park Aliens from Outer Space? Then you can do all the bad taste jokes, stereotypes, etc... but it's ok because the little people are purple, have tentacles, and the confederate flag hats are references to a fictional planetary confederacy that lost the intergalactic civil war over robot rights.

It's all a bunch of nonsense that won't happen. So we might as well really lean into the bad idea

#2577 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

What if it was Trailer Park Aliens from Outer Space?

Make it, Ben Heck's Trailer Park Aliens from Outer Space. (In 3-D Purple)

#2578 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'll happily donate some pinball parts from my homebrew box of parts to John. A ball trough and some old flipper mechs should get him going... I could toss in some random ramp parts if he goes Franken Stern Pro model

What if it was Trailer Park Aliens from Outer Space? Then you can do all the bad taste jokes, stereotypes, etc... but it's ok because the little people are purple, have tentacles, and the confederate flag hats are references to a fictional planetary confederacy that lost the intergalactic civil war over robot rights.
    It's all a bunch of nonsense that won't happen. So we might as well really lean into the bad idea

Haha, I like it.

#2579 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

benheck how long does it take for my licensing people to get with your people. Two weeks should be sufficient, no?

#2580 1 year ago

I'm gonna go with... CEASE AND DESIST!

#2581 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Nostalgic Nuclear Undead Carnival Trailer Park?

#2582 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I'm gonna go with... CEASE AND DESIST!

Damn. I hadn’t considered that possibility during my seconds of planning. Oh well. It won’t affect my schedule in the slightest

#2583 1 year ago

Maybe the license for this old 1958 movie is available.

126F2AE2-31EC-4057-AFB0-DEC8E0485651 (resized).jpeg126F2AE2-31EC-4057-AFB0-DEC8E0485651 (resized).jpeg
    #2584 1 year ago

Crowd chanting kill it, kill it!

#2585 1 year ago

I'm looking for a whale, who isn't Iceman, to give me $100k to make The Tingler Pinball, otherwise it dies.

71VJ4DlWSPL._AC_SL1100_ (resized).jpg71VJ4DlWSPL._AC_SL1100_ (resized).jpg
    #2586 1 year ago

If this thread is now dead, I will miss the daily beer counts.

#2587 1 year ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Agreed. They really held the thread together.

#2588 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Lol. As long as he comes to the house to build it but that would be cool!

#2589 1 year ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I'm at 6, been a rough day.

#2590 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

I'm at 6, been a rough day.

Can maintain it as a beer drinking thread for a while with some Easter Eggs and puzzles since the boys seem to love that.

“Take this job and shove it”? Johnny Paycheck.

“Up against the Wall redneck mother”? Jerry Jeff Walker

Tomorrow will be better!

#2591 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Tingler Pinball

Wait a second, Ben...
    "Percepto" was an original movie gimmick? A buzzing device activated in every movie theater seat?
    https://www.nightmarishconjurings.com/2019/09/26/horrible-imaginings-film-review-the-tingler-in-percepto-60th-anniversary/
    Amaaazing!

#2592 1 year ago
    yall-come-back-now-ya-hear (resized).jpgyall-come-back-now-ya-hear (resized).jpg
    #2593 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

[quoted image]

Amarillo by morning, up from San Anton

All Kim’s exes live in Texas!

But Texas is a place I really love

#2595 1 year ago
    Quoted from mof:

Wait a second, Ben...
    "Percepto" was an original movie gimmick? A buzzing device activated in every movie theater seat?
    https://www.nightmarishconjurings.com/2019/09/26/horrible-imaginings-film-review-the-tingler-in-percepto-60th-anniversary/
    Amaaazing!

Yes there's a scene in the movie that takes place in a movie theater and it's like "the tingler could be in this very theater!" and then random seats in YOUR theater would buzz.

Same director that made House on Haunted Hill, also with Price.

#2596 1 year ago

If he has gone dark, good for him ! Really, it’s the right thing to do. That is the first piece of advice I’ve seen him actually take. Cold turkey is hard though so I hope he keeps it up. I guess Ice gave him the $10K with his proviso he STFU if he wants access to the funds. Well countdown timer on 6 months, and let’s hope it’s something fantastic and not what we fear. Hope for Ice’s sake it will be worth it.

#2597 1 year ago

I love how I have him blocked and I still knew Iceman was the whale.

It's like "seeing" a black hole - you don't see it, but you know it's there by how it affects stuff around it.

(black hole analogy apt as that's where Ice's money will be going)

#2598 1 year ago

Posted July 16th

Quoted from Mr68:

Note to Mr. Whale: I would advise you muzzle John from Pinside as he can be his own worst enemy.

Good luck, John

#2599 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I love how I have him blocked and I still knew Iceman was the whale.
    It's like "seeing" a black hole - you don't see it, but you know it's there by how it affects stuff around it.
    (black hole analogy apt as that's where Ice's money will be going)

Damn it Benny. You can’t announce the “ignore”. It’s against the rules!!!

But thanks for worrying about my $$$.

Even though you can’t see this, if you had me as an advisor you would have a lot more $$.

I’m not trying to be negative here, I love a pinball game, any game, and AMH really wasn’t that bad!!! Except for the etch a sketch artwork

Now, if I’m going to invest in something “known” versus “unknown” and I’ve already seen the “known” from you many years ago…..

I’m gonna take a flyer on Jon Norris, an established designer, that has willingly agreed to work with John.

This isn’t Ben agreeing to work with Jpop.

Or making the wrong business move of not working and partnering with Charlie when you had the chance. Bad move.

One guy is willing to work with others and has ZERO ego. The other has a track record of NOT.

So, let’s see the next game from Benny on his own 8 yrs later. I’m seriously interested

It doesn’t mean i “own you” but I just dropped the mic.

#2600 1 year ago

C2AEFC87-11FB-4EB3-9099-700CDE5E1F82 (resized).jpegC2AEFC87-11FB-4EB3-9099-700CDE5E1F82 (resized).jpeg
    68937949-355E-4713-A6EC-AE3254309985 (resized).jpeg68937949-355E-4713-A6EC-AE3254309985 (resized).jpeg

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/52?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.