Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 213.
    #151 1 year ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

Should be cheap to license then. John is dealing with a familiar commodity…

It was at the NSLC on Tacoma Drive in Darmouth, NS.

That may be the spot to harpoon a whale for this fantasy project.

Or at least get the TPB license for a case of beer and some pepperoni.

#152 1 year ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

It was at the NSLC on Tacoma Drive in Darmouth, NS.
    That may be the spot to harpoon a whale for this fantasy project.
    Or at least get the TPB license for a case of beer and some pepperoni.

Time for the crazy killegrews rat lady video Hue?

#153 1 year ago

Had my 3 beers at my local bar patio. A whale is out there, the search continues the rest of July. I have pepperoni, 2 or 3 times a week. There is lots of locations the boys are seen at. Living most of my life here, I know almost all the locations the show was filmed at.

#154 1 year ago

Is TPB a spin-off of the Jackass series? I have seriously never seen the series listed….

#155 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oscope:

Is TPB a spin-off of the Jackass series? I have seriously never seen the series listed….

Its not a spin off. Here's a little taste of what you're missing.

#156 1 year ago
    FB_IMG_1657231117381 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1657231117381 (resized).jpg
    #157 1 year ago
    Quoted from RJW:

[quoted image]

Randy! Never laughed so hard when He first met Barb he was prostituting himself in a hamburger drive thru

#158 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Randy! Never laughed so hard when He first met Barb he was prostituting himself in a hamburger drive through

#159 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Randy! Never laughed so hard when He first met Barb he was prostituting himself in a hamburger drive thru

Ya, Smokey, prostitution for cheeseburgers.

#160 1 year ago

He was at the local barcade a while back.

#161 1 year ago

Put yer pants back on Randy!

#162 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Had my 3 beers at my local bar patio. A whale is out there, the search continues the rest of July. I have pepperoni, 2 or 3 times a week. There is lots of locations the boys are seen at. Living most of my life here, I know almost all the locations the show was filmed at.

Lol. Don’t let ‘em wear you down John! Drive em crazy. Rare is gonna have a mental breakdown.

#163 1 year ago

At some point the scale is going to tip and Pinside will just be too damn Canadian.

#164 1 year ago

John, as a tourist what should I do up there? May head up in a few weeks.

#165 1 year ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

I'm thinking whale hunting would be a good start to the trip...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #166 1 year ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

as a tourist what should I do up there? May head up in a few weeks.

Have been to Mahome Bay, Lunenburg and Chester areas. Worth just seeing the natural beauty and getting seafood at a local establishment. Peggy's Cove is a sightseeing area. Much Natural Beauty. Halifax is more built up.

#167 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

At some point the scale is going to tip and Pinside will just be too damn Canadian.

What aboot it, eh?

#168 1 year ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

Eat lots of Seafood!

#169 1 year ago

A whale is out there, the search continues the rest of July.

What is your planned role, Engineering, Design, Art, Code?
    I'm curious about what talents you'd be bringing to the project besides drinking beer and eating pepperoni.

#170 1 year ago

To land a whale....you need a pepperoni trap.

#171 1 year ago

Since you are retired and money is understandably tight, why drink at a patio where the cost is way more expensive than drinking at home? Save money and stay out of patios and bars.

#172 1 year ago

Are you actually kidding me with this?
    Again: On a different thread now. Jebuz.

MODS: Please lock this up as well. It is absurd.
    I understand the "fun of posts" as many also do here.

There is no way this thread makes any sense whatsoever.
    Why and for what reason other than to "goad" us onward for what?

Please just let this type of silliness die on the vine regarding the "old" poster now.
    If no one pays attention to the "idiocy"; then perhaps it all then goes away and is all done.

#173 1 year ago

MODS. Please just shut this down so this "poster" "requester" gets the hint. "And goes away."

#174 1 year ago

The guy legit wants to make a TPB pin. What is wrong with that? His methods for funding may be... unorthodox, and to some may seem silly. But I don't see the harm of this thread.

#175 1 year ago

Yes this is no joke, & I am seriously searching out my one investor. For a super custom one & only pimped out Trailer Park Boys pinball machine.

#176 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oscope:

This is the second time I've heard this this week. Is it really something people think?? How have so many of you guys never seen trailer park boys lol. The best way I can describe it is a less cringey version of The Office with degenerates at a trailer park instead of office workers. Its scripted but filmed like a documentary. Its been on the air for like 20+ years

#177 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

This is the second time I've heard this this week. Is it really something people think?? How have so many of you guys never seen trailer park boys lol. The best way I can describe it is a less cringey version of The Office with degenerates at a trailer park instead of office workers. Its scripted but filmed like a documentary

It's on Netflix if anyone wants to check it out. I thought the first few seasons were great, but my wife and I lost interest in it over time and never finished it. Worth trying out. I personally don't think the theme would work well with pinball, but I also thought The Big Lebowski is a really weird theme choice as well.

#178 1 year ago

Why do people feel the need to ask for threads get closed? That's lame. If you don't like it drain it. So f'ng easy.

#179 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

The guy legit wants to make a TPB pin. What is wrong with that? His methods for funding may be... unorthodox, and to some may seem silly. But I don't see the harm of this thread.

Yeah, it's not like there is a history of pinball people taking large amounts of money and things not working out.

#180 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

It's on Netflix if anyone wants to check it out. I thought the first few seasons were great, but my wife and I lost interest in it over time and never finished it. Worth trying out. I personally don't think the theme would work well with pinball, but I also thought The Big Lebowski is a really weird theme choice as well.

Yeah its definitely not as great and popular as it once was, but people still have nostalgia for it and enjoy it today, much like I think somebody could make another Simpsons pin and get away with it. I think theres a lot you could do with the theme tbh.

#181 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

How have so many of you guys never seen trailer park boys lol.

Never heard of it before this thread.

#182 1 year ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Yeah, it's not like there is a history of pinball people taking large amounts of money and things not working out.

I am fairly confident no one is going to read this thread and fork over $100K.

#183 1 year ago

Someone start up a thread about shutting down this thread.

#184 1 year ago

You never know since it is only 1 investor being searched out. Still got another 3 weeks & a few days to go.

#185 1 year ago

You never know since it is only 1 investor being searched out. Still got another 3 weeks & a few days to go.

It’s like Christmas only in reverse. As each day passes the excitement and anticipation decreases…

#186 1 year ago

Whale CHECK
    Beer CHECK
    you forgot to mention the mini whales

#187 1 year ago

Yes this is no joke, & I am seriously searching out my one investor. For a super custom one & only pimped out Trailer Park Boys pinball machine.

Fuck the haters John. I stand with you on a TPB’ machine! Can’t wait to see it

#188 1 year ago
    Quoted from Borntolose:

Fuck the haters John. I stand with you on a TPB’ machine! Can’t wait to see it

Pinside handle checks out.

#189 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Whale CHECK
    Beer CHECK
    you forgot to mention the mini whales

Told to stop posting about #2, my favorite activity besides pinball. #3 August 1, is Plan B.

#190 1 year ago

Told to stop posting about #2, my favorite activity besides pinball. #3 August 1, is Plan B.

Defecating is your second-favorite activity?

#191 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Defecating is your second-favorite activity?

It's all fun and games until someone shits their pants.

#192 1 year ago

I found where the whales are hanging out
    D64B4118-1594-4081-89EB-6356ADACF38B (resized).jpegD64B4118-1594-4081-89EB-6356ADACF38B (resized).jpeg
    46AFB7CC-C5FB-4C42-90D5-DAFE09087B71 (resized).jpeg46AFB7CC-C5FB-4C42-90D5-DAFE09087B71 (resized).jpeg

#193 1 year ago

L

Quoted from WARLOCK:

MODS. Please just shut this down so this "poster" "requester" gets the hint. "And goes away."

You go away of you dont like the thread. Its a simple concept really...

#194 1 year ago

7gG4.gif7gG4.gif

#195 1 year ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

I found where the whales are hanging out
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

What is the walkway interpreting?

#196 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

What is the walkway interpreting?

Grass is cut too low?

Edit I had a few.

#197 1 year ago

Still got 3 more weeks to go looking for a single big investor. If anyone is visiting my City, you can reach out to me.

#198 1 year ago

Still got 3 more weeks to go looking for a single big investor. If anyone is visiting my City, you can reach out to me.

You can’t take a hint or read the room, can you?

No one’s giving you $100k

No one would give you $16k like they did with Jpop, since you have ZERO experience designing & building a game & zero pinball company reputation

No one would give you $5k-$8500 like they did with Shit-B or Dutch, because you haven’t built a prototype to prove your capabilities.

Still can’t wrap your head around reality? Start a Kickstarter for $100k. Say you’ll give the game to one donor via raffle. You’re more likely to get money from gullible guppies than a whale. See if this gets you to $100k.

Narrator: It didn’t get him to $100k

#199 1 year ago

And I think I’m an optimist. John it takes balls to ask and as an American, I respect the sheer size of your stones sir.

Also with it attracting as much interest due to the size of John’s said stones, I think we’d all be pretty interested and invested, at least in levels of interest, of how it all works out.

Going the many small investor route is the way to go, if at all.

#200 1 year ago

I got a good feeling this TPB shits gunna happen!! Thanks John hang in der g

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/4?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.