Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 213.
    #2001 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:Made TANG BALLS, tang + fireball + beer + water + ice

#2002 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

That has hangover written all over it.

I believe it's pronounced 'alcoholic' in this thread!

#2003 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Speaking of mouth feel, low on beer on our last day. Made TANG BALLS, tang + fireball + beer + water + ice
    [quoted image]

What kind of drink is that??? Shit we found left over in the motor home on Sunday morning?

#2004 1 year ago

Still no word on TPB licensing. Maybe next week.

#2005 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

That has hangover written all over it.

Along with diabetes and a stroke from vomit pressure.

#2006 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Still no word on TPB licensing. Maybe next week.

You won't get the license. If you wanna have any chance of having something for TPF, just start on your Trailer Trash generic theme now.

Not hating. Trying to help.

#2007 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

i think you're just trying to get upvotes. I swear you could fart on your keyboard and your minions would give it an upvote!

#2008 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

You won't get the license. If you wanna have any chance of having something for TPF, just start on your Trailer Trash generic theme now.

He really needs to focus on getting Eminems "Without Me" license if he starts on plan B. He has what, 3 weeks?

Maybe he can get slim shady to let him use his song for free, you know, for "Exposure". Worth a shot..

#2009 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

i think you're just trying to get upvotes. I swear you could fart on your keyboard and your minion would give it an upvote!

Who is his minion!

#2010 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

i think you're just trying to get upvotes. I swear you could fart on your keyboard and your minions would give it an upvote!

Are you sure you aren’t just looking for down votes ? Think you need to go find some minions yourself.

#2011 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Who is his minion!

Hansel and Gretel

#2012 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Speaking of mouth feel, low on beer on our last day. Made TANG BALLS, tang + fireball + beer + water + ice
    [quoted image]

yuck-gross.gifyuck-gross.gif
    #2013 1 year ago

Fireball & beer are ok. Never got sick mixing both of those drinks. The real industry (Pinball) designer is waiting for either TPB to be dead this month, or time runs out. He already has a bunch of layouts standing by.

#2014 1 year ago

Fireball & beer are ok. Never got sick mixing both of those drinks. The real industry (Pinball) designer is waiting for either TPB to be dead this month, or time runs out. He already has a bunch of layouts standing by.

What a missed opportunity, you should have said "Hes got a boat load of layouts standing by", keeping with the nautical theme you've got going on regarding whale's, pods, shrimp etc etc.

#2015 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

What a missed opportunity, you should have said "Hes got a boat load of layouts standing by", keeping with the nautical theme you've got going on regarding whale's, pods, shrimp etc etc.

Yes another missed opportunity. Might be a minor breadcrumb in it.

#2016 1 year ago

Yes another missed opportunity. Might be a minor breadcrumb in it.

Or might not be, will the world ever know???

#2017 1 year ago

Yes the designer will be announced later this month or September 1. Might have to look for more mini whales if TPB is dead, & Trailer Trash is the build for SXSW & TPF in Texas, March 2023

#2018 1 year ago

Sounds like we need a new countdown timer for the designer announcement...

#2019 1 year ago

Still scratch my head why you are so bull headed and go fund me route John..Lots of people would help/guide you ..keep it branded with the original TPB theme

#2020 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Still scratch my head why you are so bull headed and go fund me route John..Lots of people would help/guide you ..keep it branded with the original TPB theme

Why deal with that when you already have harpooned several mini-whales

#2021 1 year ago

Yes the designer will be announced later this month or September 1. Might have to look for more mini whales if TPB is dead, & Trailer Trash is the build for SXSW & TPF in Texas, March 2023

So you'd need more money to build an unlicensed game than a licensed one. Got it.

#2022 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

So you'd need more money to build an unlicensed game than a licensed one. Got it.

It's because the licensing company is so excited about the exposure....

#2023 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

If my Babel fish is to be trusted, I think he's saying that his mini-whales would no longer be interested if it's not TPB, so he'd have to find new ones.

#2024 1 year ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

Sounds like we need a new countdown timer for the designer announcement...

Later this month or September 1...

Not sure how to make a countdown for that

#2025 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Or might not be, will the world ever know???

Asked and answered, poetically.

Time will tell this summer when things are sorted through.

3 weeks time will tell.

But time will tell,

Time will soon tell us all.

#2026 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Let's assume worst case scenario of September 1.... the suspense will be hard to take!

#2027 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

And it will definitely be made, that is certain. Or it dies...

#2028 1 year ago

John, sound advice, don't wait. Pick your layout, whether it be TPB or TPT, and start putting together your playfield build sheets. You can be working on this machine the whole time waiting for your yes or no. This is how things are done successfully, no waiting, just keep moving forward with another piece of the puzzle.

#2029 1 year ago

Lets see if I got this strait... The pin will be TPB unless there is no license, or September 1 it dies. If the license is obtained, well known designer will be named. If no license is obtained, it will be a generic trailer trash pin, but new mini whales will be sought and no famous designer or pinball talent will be used. Build will start Sept 1 to be ready in time for TPF in March, at which time a pro style pin will be unveiled.

Maybe we just need a countdown timer to TPF.

#2030 1 year ago

John is clever otherwise he would ban himself from his foul answers. Something is afoot here

#2031 1 year ago

Guess I have to explain it again. I have to wait & see if TPB is a go with a limited license or dead. The designer is ready to go this month or September 1 with either TPB or Trailer Trash pinball machine. My pod of whales might not like Trailer Trash, so maybe they swim away. I do not need a Go Fund Me, to delay the 6 month build window. What ever happens the max build is 10 games, with them all going to Texas. So anyone interested is looking at $10k US + shipping to Texas. Pick it up at TPF at the end of the show, or more shipping to your home.

TPB buy in has ended! Trailer Trash you can get on the list, with no money down. If the list is greater than 10, September 1. I will see if people are serious or not.

#2032 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

John is clever otherwise he would ban himself from his foul answers. Something is afoot here

I did honestly mean telling all the people trashing you to GFY
    You have thick skin John ill give you that . Good luck .my invitation to present a well thought out proposal stands

#2033 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I did honestly mean telling all the people trashing you to GFY
    You have thick skin John ill give you that . Good luck .my invitation to present stands

Anyone with any real interest to TPB pinball should try to reach out to the boys. I am still trying this route also with the hopes that I can get a deal done.

#2034 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

John, sound advice, don't wait. Pick your layout, whether it be TPB or TPT, and start putting together your playfield build sheets. You can be working on this machine the whole time waiting for your yes or no. This is how things are done successfully, no waiting, just keep moving forward with another piece of the puzzle.

The pinball designer who is well known in the industry will have no problem with a design already done for the most part. 3 weeks + will not make any difference in the 6 month build window of 1-10 games.

#2035 1 year ago

The pinball designer who is well known in the industry will have no problem with a design already done for the most part. 3 weeks + will not make any difference in the 6 month build window of 1-10 games.

John, I wish you luck, but I am saving this quote from you.

#2036 1 year ago

Trailer Trash you can get on the list, with no money down. If the list is greater than 10, September 1. I will see if people are serious or not.

So now we need a second set of countdowns.

#2037 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

John, I wish you luck, but I am saving this quote from you.

Part of my original plan & timeline which I believe should be ok. But who knows, not a expert like a few here (Ben). But like I say there is team in place to help get it done.

#2038 1 year ago

If you ever start, you'll be wishing you had an extra 12 weeks, not 3.

#2039 1 year ago

My pod of whales might not like Trailer Trash, so maybe they swim away.

You gotta convince the pod people that this is NOT bait-and-switch, this is Great Value Trailer Park Boys. It will still have the piss jug, right? And the shit-rope, shit-bird, and shit-tree?

Maybe pee jug and shite-rope? Does anyone know if TPB has trademarked "piss jug?" I BET NOT!!!

Reach out to Reveen and Tom Savini.

You ALREADY have Bubbles. You'll do this, right Ben? For the exposure, and maybe free Tang Balls? Clamato Bud Light?

Julian (resized).jpgJulian (resized).jpgRicky (resized).jpgRicky (resized).jpgbud-light-chelata (resized).pngbud-light-chelata (resized).png

#2040 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

"Exposure".... you actually did it, you said the thing.
    Here you go, any of the comments on any of these posts can help explain why this is a bad practice:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/forexposure/

This is another Reddit forum where "exposure" comes up quite often.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ChoosingBeggars/

#2041 1 year ago

Will this GREATplan (tm) also be taking into account those frequent, unexpected medical emergencies that always kept popping up, derailing & delaying his Seawitch/Stargazer playfield production? Because after 3 years of waiting (and finally bailing) on one of his playfields, I lost count how many times he was laid up for extended periods of poor health. Not wishing wishing him ill, but history always tends to repeat itself.

Perhaps he'll proves everyone wrong, but if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.....

#2042 1 year ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Will this GREATplan (tm) also be taking into account those frequent, unexpected medical emergencies that always kept popping up, derailing & delaying his Seawitch/Stargazer playfield production? Because after 3 years of waiting (and finally bailing) on one of his playfields, I lost count how many times he was laid up for extended periods of poor health. Not wishing wishing him ill, but history always tends to repeat itself.
    Perhaps he'll proves everyone wrong, but if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.....

I assume yes, and that's why it's a 6-month timeline. Without those considerations it would probably be three.

#2043 1 year ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

Let's assume worst case scenario of September 1.... the suspense will be hard to take!

I think you meant “worst case Ontario”; some of us have our Grade 10 around here.

#2044 1 year ago

Guess I have to explain it again. I have to wait & see if TPB is a go with a limited license or dead. The designer is ready to go this month or September 1 with either TPB or Trailer Trash pinball machine. My pod of whales might not like Trailer Trash, so maybe they swim away. I do not need a Go Fund Me, to delay the 6 month build window. What ever happens the max build is 10 games, with them all going to Texas. So anyone interested is looking at $10k US + shipping to Texas. Pick it up at TPF at the end of the show, or more shipping to your home.
    TPB buy in has ended! Trailer Trash you can get on the list, with no money down. If the list is greater than 10, September 1. I will see if people are serious or not.

OMG. Are you preselling or taking preorders on a license you don’t have and game doesn’t exist? This has got to be an all time low for pinball.

#2045 1 year ago

Hot lead for you, John:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1184847701/whales-pod-of-mini-whales-needing-new

Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 12.09.30 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-08-05 at 12.09.30 PM (resized).png

#2046 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

So true. Mini mob. Lol

Like a “BOSS”.

#2047 1 year ago

GWJ has no “quiet period”.

That’s ok.

The show tickets will be limited.

#2048 1 year ago

Did you have to turn away any potential mini-whales? I'd hit them up asap before they get harpooned by someone else. If you didnt turn any away, that means you didnt have many bites. Maybe this is the "death-rattle" that signals, its nearly dead.

I pray not.

#2049 1 year ago

Hot lead for Ben. Here is your fake frankenweenie

IMG_20220805_174342216 (resized).jpgIMG_20220805_174342216 (resized).jpg
    #2050 1 year ago

And it's more expensive! What a rip!

Has this project moved into Phase: It Dies yet?

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.