Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 213.
    #1951 1 year ago

If this build would have been started about 3 months ago it could have been entered at EXPO and possibly picked up by American Pinball in their homebrew challenge.

#1952 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Dayglow Cosmic redneck Slutland

Titties and Beer.

Never fails.

Let’s up the stakes GWJ.

#1953 1 year ago

Yes now I got a real pinball designer lined up, for either TPB, or Trailer Trash. It is not Jpop or Trudeau. Wait to see if licensing is a go this month, if not Trailer Trash September 1.

#1954 1 year ago

Y'all ever MET any Trailer Trash?

visser 1.gifvisser 1.gif

Yolandi sure can Rock it tho...

yolanda 1.gifyolanda 1.gif
    #1955 1 year ago
    Quoted from TAVsPlace:

If this build would have been started about 3 months ago it could have been entered at EXPO and possibly picked up by American Pinball in their homebrew challenge.

That was never my goal to weasel a way in. My project will stand on its own. Prove a 6 month build!

#1956 1 year ago
    Quoted from chris_p:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Quit making fun of Kim’s Ex. Lol

#1957 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

That was never my goal to weasel a way in. My project will stand on its own. Prove a 6 month build!

Yes a Real Pinball Designer is coming aboard the mini whale project. Gaining steam like I have said. Now if I can do my own Roger Sharpe deal we are all set for TPB.

#1958 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

The Gpop moniker is not really applicable here as John has not taken any preorder money.
    A couple hunge in beer money doesn't count!

It was just over $100 in beer donations. Thanks!

#1959 1 year ago

Yes a Real Pinball Designer is coming aboard the mini whale project. Gaining steam like I have said. Now if I can do my own Roger Sharpe deal we are all set for TPB.

Real Pinball Designer - RPD for short I guess. You should trademark that John. Maybe you can start a certification program, even a Master Class.

“Are you tired of designing fake pinball machines ? Do your foam cores flop rather than flip. Well come on down to GWJs Master Class where in 3 easy hours we will certify you as a Real Pinball Designer TM. Join this exciting industry now where a new company is starting almost every week. We can even give you the inside track to those companies ONLY WE know about. And we have unpaid internship and apprentice positions just waiting for you. Act now or possibly miss the greatest opportunity of a lifetime” *

*GWJ and GWJ holdings makes no stated or implied representations as to your employability after finishing our class. $10,000 training fee is non refundable.

#1960 1 year ago

Guess we will see who the real pinball designer is soon enough. Told you more stuff coming this month. Someone well known in the business. Working hard on the licensing now. But you guys continue on that this is not really not what I said from the start about TPB build. Or if it falls through Trailer Trash is next, the designer knows all about the goals of the project.

#1961 1 year ago

Already working on the contracts.

Legal team in position.

#1962 1 year ago

Yes now I got a real pinball designer lined up, for either TPB, or Trailer Trash. It is not Jpop or Trudeau. Wait to see if licensing is a go this month, if not Trailer Trash September 1.

I love the guessing game! Let’s see … not JPop… not Trudeau… I’m guessing Mark Ritchie is out… Okay, got it. Question one.

Has your designer designed a pin listed on Pinside?

#1963 1 year ago
    Quoted from Striker:

I love the guessing game! Let’s see … not JPop… not Trudeau… I’m guessing Mark Ritchie is out… Okay, got it. Question one.

Although obvious, we can’t forget to ask alive or dead ? Have we considered the possibility that the design was hidden in the back of Python Angelo’s basement closet ? I mean Ouija boards facilitate instant communication these days. I’d love to see an Angelo retheme. Would be like discovering a new DaVinci

#1964 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Although obvious, we can’t forget to ask alive or dead ? Have we considered the possibility that the design was hidden in the back of Python Angelo’s basement closet ? I mean Ouija boards facilitate instant communication these days. I’d love to see an Angelo retheme. Would be like discovering a new DaVinci

Hmmmm.

It’s the “quiet period” right now

#1965 1 year ago

Many games over the years in the industry. I had a hefty bar bill with Mark & others in the biz at TPF my last year there. Dennis Nordman was feeling the pain the next day. There is a old video of Dennis & me at Pintastic years ago with me playing Whoa Nellie.

#1966 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

You guys have no idea. I was the one promoting Python in Pinball Magazine ads. Did not want it known in the past. He was a real character, & I even saw first hand Pat Lawlors reaction with his wife to Python & his salami.

#1967 1 year ago

You guys have no idea. I was the one promoting Python in Pinball Magazine ads. Did not want it known in the past. He was a real character, & I even saw first hand Pat Lawlors reaction with his wife to Python & his salami.

“Quiet period”

#1968 1 year ago

Hmmmm... Which designers are currently available and might work with Canada's best whaler?

#1969 1 year ago
    Quoted from Striker:

Joe Balcer is my guess.
    Edit:blind guess

#1970 1 year ago

I wasn’t implying it was a way to weasel your way in just a good opportunity to prove your skills to a manufacturer.

#1971 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Hmmmm... Which designers are currently available and might work with Canada's best whaler?

Going to bed, & I will follow Kims advice about bread crumbs. Not going to give any more hints or confirmation on the artist unless the dots are crossed this month. Had 8 beers tonight to celebrate!

#1972 1 year ago

Going to bed, & I will follow Kims advice about bread crumbs. Not going to give any more hints or confirmation on the artist unless the dots are crossed this month. Had 8 beers tonight to celebrate!

Thanks for the beer count. Keep them coming.

#1973 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Thanks for the beer count. Keep them coming.

All I can say is that negotiations with Benny have broken off. He remains a free agent.

#1974 1 year ago
    Quoted from chris_p:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]

I whooped a die anteoord cd on the drive home today!

#1975 1 year ago

I’d like to meet one of the mini whales and bet them $10,000 that this project fails. Have them PM me

#1976 1 year ago

I even saw first hand Pat Lawlors reaction with his wife to Python & his salami.

Can anyone translate?

#1977 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Can anyone translate?

something about pinball designers and lunch meat

#1978 1 year ago

I even saw first hand Pat Lawlors reaction with his wife to Python & his salami.

I don't know what this means but I enjoyed reading it

#1979 1 year ago

Guess we will see who the real pinball designer is soon enough. Told you more stuff coming this month. Someone well known in the business. Working hard on the licensing now. But you guys continue on that this is not really not what I said from the start about TPB build. Or if it falls through Trailer Trash is next, the designer knows all about the goals of the project.

Up-voted. A lot of noise recently in this thread but this comment stands out to me for some reason.

You have my attention again, John. I don't believe you'll be successful obtaining the TPB license, but I look forward to your notable designer reveal.

#1980 1 year ago

Thanks Kim: I will leave the real salami episode from Pinball Expo past for people to try & find. I was not the only one to witness it.
    The designer is well known in the pinball biz, & not dead!

#1981 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Real Pinball Designer - RPD for short I guess. You should trademark that John. Maybe you can start a certification program, even a Master Class.
    “Are you tired of designing fake pinball machines ? Do your foam cores flop rather than flip. Well come on down to GWJs Master Class where in 3 easy hours we will certify you as a Real Pinball Designer TM. Join this exciting industry now where a new company is starting almost every week. We can even give you the inside track to those companies ONLY WE know about. And we have unpaid internship and apprentice positions just waiting for you. Act now or possibly miss the greatest opportunity of a lifetime” *
    *GWJ and GWJ holdings makes no stated or implied representations as to your employability after finishing our class. $10,000 training fee is non refundable.

You guys should be on the hunt for Jpop. Like I said he will likely resurface very soon. My guess is this Fall 2022.

#1982 1 year ago

Maybe the designer is Ward Pemberton. He's been retired for a while right?

#1983 1 year ago
    whale (resized).jpgwhale (resized).jpg
    #1984 1 year ago

Those are two positive attributes to look for in a designer!

#1985 1 year ago

Great news if true. Now stop wasting time waiting on a license you won't get and start the damn game NOW.

#1986 1 year ago

You guys should be on the hunt for Jpop. Like I said he will likely resurface very soon. My guess is this Fall 2022.

Be sure to order the Impossible Whopper when you see him.

#1987 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Be sure to order the Impossible Whopper when you do.

Jpop has now spent more time NOT making pinball machines than he ever did MAKING them.

But by all means. Waste your time on a dinosaur instead of cultivating the next Keith Elwin.

#1988 1 year ago

#1989 1 year ago

If someone could take this video and have Jpoops head pop up from the back seat while Ben's singing, gold

#1990 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

"For exposure"

#1991 1 year ago

Am I the only one seeing this?

Separated at birth or the same guy?

Bubbles and Ben (resized).jpgBubbles and Ben (resized).jpg
    #1992 1 year ago

Thanks Kim: I will leave the real salami episode from Pinball Expo past for people to try & find. I was not the only one to witness it.

So now we're playing a game of hide the salami?

#1993 1 year ago

Oh right. Forgot about that video.

Impossible Whopper is OK, it's just really expensive. Like more than the meat one FFS. (that video was pre-inflation I'm sure it's worse now)

#1994 1 year ago
    Quoted from Manhattan:

Am I the only one seeing this?
    Separated at birth or the same guy?[quoted image]

hahaha. GWJ wants to license Ben Heck & the Trailer Park Boys (BH&TPB). It all makes sense now. He’s following the JPOP arc and getting Ben in your game front and center without discussing it with Ben is par for the course. I can’t wait to play the pin, now. A Ben Heck pin is going to rock.

#1995 1 year ago

Yes. Experience my exciting life of soldering, programming and waiting for 3D prints.

The wizard mode is my "when I turn 50“ plan of bugging out to a solar powered trailer house.... Oh SHIT. You're right!

#1996 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Yes. Experience my exciting life of soldering, programming and waiting for 3D prints.
    The wizard mode is my "when I turn 50“ plan of bugging out to a solar powered trailer house.... Oh SHIT. You're right!

And meatloaf Bat Out of Hell is on vol 11 in the background. I will do anything for love, but I won’t do that.

#1997 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Oh right. Forgot about that video.

Dude, you have the quote of the day in this video.

"Adds different textures to the mouth feel"

Now I can't wait until the the review of the vegan footlong frankfurter and you singing to Culture Club.

#1998 1 year ago

Vdoj..you're going to straight to hell. See you there!
    However I am a born again religious man and will be deducting 1 day from my pinball week because of the comments I just made.

#1999 1 year ago

Speaking of mouth feel, low on beer on our last day. Made TANG BALLS, tang + fireball + beer + water + ice

PXL_20220804_184825361 (resized).jpgPXL_20220804_184825361 (resized).jpg
    #2000 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Speaking of mouth feel, low on beer on our last day. Made TANG BALLS, tang + fireball + beer + water + ice
    [quoted image]

That has hangover written all over it.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.