Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 213.
    #1901 1 year ago

The guy is not setting up an IPO.
    What he does is 200% legit.

It’s not a scam. It is now well dox

Let the guy and investors dream!

#1902 1 year ago
    Quoted from ElectricLou:

He's setting up something he can't deliver on. Like Zidware it's not starting as a scam, but it will become one thanks to incompetence.

We aren't haters we are people trying to prevent a broke ass pensioner from getting into worse financial trouble.

#1903 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

He's setting up something he can't deliver on. Like Zidware it's not starting as a scam, but it will become one thanks to incompetence.
    We aren't haters we are people trying to prevent a broke ass pensioner from getting into worse financial trouble.

Ben you are 100% right.
    But why bumping up this thread non stop?
    You and RARE are the trolls!
    STFU and the thread is page 9 and dead…

#1904 1 year ago

Go the jpop route for theme:

Dayglow Cosmic redneck Slutland

Don't forget to add a Ferris wheel at the back. I'm sure cheap beer will apply easily.

#1905 1 year ago
    Quoted from ElectricLou:

Ben you are 100% right.
    But why bumping up this thread non stop?
    You and RARE are the trolls!
    STFU and the thread is page 9 and dead…

We are trolls all right. Telling you to not drive across the bridge under which we live because there's a 100% chance you car will fall into the river.

#1906 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

We are trolls all right. Telling you to not drive across the bridge under which we live because there's a 100% chance you car will fall into the river.

Who are you trying to save? There is NO Waiting list on that thing. Nobody cares! 99,9999% pinsiders knows it’s a popcorn thread!
    You and Rare are living on this thread to save us but there is nobody to save. You just love listening yourself

#1907 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

“Trailer Park Trash” is too limiting.
    Something like “Redneck Heaven” would include trailer trash but a whole lot more.
    “Redneck Yacht Club” boating mode
    NASCAR, Rodeos and Bull Riding
    “Redneck Riviera”.
    “Deliverance Mode”.
    It’s endless great stuff! Here are some
    Of the girls from Redneck Heaven in Fort Worth.
    [quoted image]

Nobody told me you had 5 daughters!

#1908 1 year ago
    Quoted from ElectricLou:

Yep, not a scam … yet. But John has promised deliverables he cannot possibly meet. Reality meets the reality distortion field surrounding John and bad things happen.

First the license doesn’t happen and we already get Trailer Park Trash which is new on the scene as of a few days ago.

Next there’s not enough money for the programmer and the artist and we make yet more compromises, or the price goes up, or John scrambles to try to do it himself.

Next, he runs out of money for parts (because of that damn programmer or artist or game designer).

The playfield printer made mistakes, the inserts arrived wrong, the board blows out because he connected something incorrectly.

His investor turns the screws. “hey John you’ve a already spent $5K of the $10k and there not much to show here, what gives ?”.

In John’s dream world every expenditure is a one time expenditure because it all goes right on the first try. The programmer is brilliant and works for free. The artist is the next undiscovered Zombie Yeti and also works for free. John comes up with a layout that rivals Elwin.

But day by day that dream world becomes unraveled and the money in the account runs down far quicker than he imagined. He will realize he is in over his head eventually. Nobody escapes reality for too long. And at about that time the finger pointing begins and the accounting of the people who have failed John in his grand plan begins.

#1909 1 year ago
    72043e5cd1f19535f3bc9977515d33e90ccc911961fd6216d6c81e3eabb25d69_1 (resized).jpg72043e5cd1f19535f3bc9977515d33e90ccc911961fd6216d6c81e3eabb25d69_1 (resized).jpg
    #1910 1 year ago

Now that is a record, think my max ever was 16-18 in a day. Getting ready for my second booster shot today.

#1911 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Why do they all have inferior eyesight?
    [quoted image]

Let's have some fun and appreciate everyone's taste. Rank the 5 girls, top to bottom using girl A B C D E.

Here are my choices:

1.A
    2.E
    3.B
    4.D
    5.C

#1912 1 year ago

Actually , if we are going to go down this route, John why not make a left turn here for the license? If you do not get the TPB(which is HIGHLY doubtful), give the Bunny or Chicken Ranches in Nevada a call and make an adult themed pinball? I would willing to bet you could get one of those licenses, cheap and could actually get someone to possibly pick up your machine and do a boutique run of machines.

Adult themes SELL and sell well.

Just an idea.

Vibrating bed mode...aka shaker motor

#1913 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Now that is a record, think my max ever was 16-18 in a day. Getting ready for my second booster shot today.

Booster shots are still a thing?

Good luck with the Pin!

#1914 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Let's have some fun and appreciate everyone's taste. Rank the 5 girls, top to bottom using girl A B C D E.
    Here are my choices:
    1.A
    2.E
    3.B
    4.D
    5.C[quoted image]

Double D... Final answer

#1915 1 year ago

Too funny! ..thread goes off rails to judge hot chicks

#1916 1 year ago
    Quoted from ElectricLou:

Who are you trying to save? There is NO Waiting list on that thing. Nobody cares! 99,9999% pinsiders knows it’s a popcorn thread!
    You and Rare are living on this thread to save us but there is nobody to save. You just love listening yourself

We are trying to save John from owing people money.

#1918 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

We are trying to save John from owing people money.

Maybe GWJ should make the mini whales sign a mini disclaimer that states investments can and do lose money.

#1919 1 year ago

Ok this is just silly now... well it was silly all along but still it's now really really silly!
    This isn't going to happen. I need a beer...

#1920 1 year ago
    Quoted from ElectricLou:

I never understood people complaining about discussion on a discussion forum. If their comments are bothering you, you could just leave, block them, or drain the thread.

#1921 1 year ago

Do you think the playfield layout will be done in CAD or will that step be skipped to save costs?

#1922 1 year ago

GWJ, serious question for ya - how much do you think it will cost to obtain the Trailer Park Boys license? You're working with a total budget of $20k correct?

#1923 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

Do you think the playfield layout will be done in CAD or will that step be skipped to save costs?

Back at the shop. Yes the layout will be done in cad, & cut on a cnc. Probably use Fantastic Pinball to print the art & do finish clear coats.

#1924 1 year ago

You need a professional negotiator with 100% knowledge of the proposal. You don't have that John to deal with the license. Your presentation should include design and projections. Don't waste your time without this I.m.o

#1925 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

GWJ, serious question for ya - how much do you think it will cost to obtain the Trailer Park Boys license? You're working with a total budget of $20k correct?

Ben: It has to be very reasonable for a few or up to 10 games. This is just as much a promotion tool for them. With the hopes that it gets picked up by a manufacturer like American Pinball, or other new upstart manufacturer. Like I have said from the start at Pintastic Show talking with Dave Fix. There is a real plan in play, not just stuff on paper napkins, or in my beer brain. I do take in the good advice given here, along with all the other crap. This month will reveal a lot whether the TPB build continues on or just dies.

#1926 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

You need a professional negotiator with 100% knowledge of the proposal. You don't have that John to deal with the license. Your presentation should include design and projections. Don't waste your time without this I.m.o

There is a lot in play, & like I said things will be gone over before anything is signed. Still think if things move forward the build will be 3-10 pinball machines.

#1927 1 year ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

I never understood people complaining about discussion on a discussion forum. If their comments are bothering you, you could just leave, block them, or drain the thread.

Or get more popcorn and keep reading!

#1928 1 year ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Too many beers last night. That’s Why

#1929 1 year ago

This is just as much a promotion tool for them.

LOL, they don’t need you bro.

With the hopes that it gets picked up by a manufacturer like American Pinball, or other new upstart manufacturer.

LOL, they don’t need you bro. They’ll hire a real designer.

Like I have said from the start at Pintastic Show talking with Dave Fix.

He doesn’t care about you. He has designers employed already.

There is a lot in play, & like I said things will be gone over before anything is signed. Still think if things move forward the build will be 3-10 pinball machines.

LOL, sure thing, Gpop.

#1930 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL, they don’t need you bro.

LOL, they don’t need you bro. They’ll hire a real designer.

He doesn’t care about you. He has designers employed already.

LOL, sure thing, Gpop.

Much more going on then you think you know about TPB pinball machine build. Like I say things will be revealed this month, or the project Dies!

#1931 1 year ago

Gpop is planning to pay the licensor holder "with exposure" as well.

Gpop, some free advice you won't take: Any license is AT LEAST 20K down, usually more like 50-75k. And that's for a proven company, you won't get the license because you aren't a proven company. Then you pay per unit, which costs way more than it used to BTW.

So basically your budget is blown before you even begin. So don't begin. Do a GoFundMe and make a generic Trailer Trash pin.

#1932 1 year ago

I could be that WHALE...but just by my Girth, John!

#1933 1 year ago

Todd: You got some serious whales behind you over the years. They are out there, & we talked about one local to me.

#1934 1 year ago

We wi

Quoted from benheck:

Gpop is planning to pay the licensor holder "with exposure" as well.
    Gpop, some free advice you won't take: Any license is AT LEAST 20K down, usually more like 50-75k. And that's for a proven company, you won't get the license because you aren't a proven company. Then you pay per unit, which costs way more than it used to BTW.
    So basically your budget is blown before you even begin. So don't begin. Do a GoFundMe and make a generic Trailer Trash pin.

Ben: please do not try to infer I am the next Jpop. Spread your love for him elsewhere. He should be surfacing anytime now, & likely still in the pinball biz.

#1935 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Too funny! ..thread goes off rails to judge hot chicks

None of those chicks are hot!

#1936 1 year ago

4 and 5 aren't too bad

#1938 1 year ago

Ben: It has to be very reasonable for a few or up to 10 games. This is just as much a promotion tool for them. With the hopes that it gets picked up by a manufacturer like American Pinball, or other new upstart manufacturer. Like I have said from the start at Pintastic Show talking with Dave Fix. There is a real plan in play, not just stuff on paper napkins, or in my beer brain. I do take in the good advice given here, along with all the other crap. This month will reveal a lot whether the TPB build continues on or just dies.

This is the ultimate HomePin title… it’s already better than ThunderBirds and you haven’t even turned a screw!

#1939 1 year ago

We wi

Ben: please do not try to infer I am the next Jpop. Spread your love for him elsewhere. He should be surfacing anytime now, & likely still in the pinball biz.

You claiming that there will be a different outcome than JPOP when all objective evidence available argues otherwise does nothing to convince anyone the GPOP moniker is somehow inappropriate.

#1940 1 year ago

He got dis

C.A.D. = Coors And DRINKIN'

C.N.C. = Coors N' CUTTIN'

#1941 1 year ago

Much more going on then you think

Maybe you should think before things go on?

#1942 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

You claiming that there will be a different outcome than JPOP when all objective evidence available argues otherwise does nothing to convince anyone the GPOP moniker is somehow inappropriate.

The Gpop moniker is not really applicable here as John has not taken any preorder money.
    A couple hunge in beer money doesn't count!

#1943 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

The Gpop moniker is not really applicable here as John has not taken any preorder money.
    A couple hunge in beer money doesn't count!

That and Jpop had way more experience and a less-dumb business plan.

#1944 1 year ago

You guys are awesome. I comnend your perseverance

1irslj (resized).jpg1irslj (resized).jpg

#1945 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

[quoted image]

Sarge ALWAYS lied.

#1946 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

That and Jpop had way more experience and a less-dumb business plan.

I'm afraid that's so true, and that's saying a lot about GWJs plan.... (and I kind of feel sorry for him).
    GWJ is somehow convinced he'll do better than JPOP, but the 'plan' he mentions seems to be even much worse, apart from JPOP taking a salary and GWJ is willing to work for free. But even without salary, it still won't work, it can not even come close to a 'Pro level pinball game' at all, let alone in 6 months. GWJ will probably put a lot of his pension money in the project before it's over, and therefor we have a bit more sympathy towards him, I think, even though he's delusional...sorry to say this, John, but I think even with perhaps all your good intend and enthousiasm you really are being delusional...

#1947 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

[quoted image]

Hilarious

#1948 1 year ago
    Quoted from sven:

your good intend and enthousiasm you really are being delusional...

In the USMC, we refer to that as good initiative, bad judgment.

#1949 1 year ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

None of those chicks are hot!

Okay. Lol. She’s ugly too right? We have to get a lineup ready and vote for who gets included in the pin GWJ.

Only one way to get a thread right old school.

Only want girls that identify as “she”.

Trigger alert!

48DAE6F8-6C41-4F30-BE22-974B93497EAC (resized).jpeg48DAE6F8-6C41-4F30-BE22-974B93497EAC (resized).jpeg

#1950 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Do a GoFundMe and make a generic Trailer Trash pin.

Dayglow Cosmic redneck Slutland

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.