Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 213.
    #1851 1 year ago

Getting college kids to work on your project for pretty much free got us the hit video game Action 52!

#1853 1 year ago

Wayne & I years ago had this on going battle who would have a fully working pinball machine first. He came close but did not have the game finished. Now there is a chance I will have a game done for next year. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crocodile-hunter-pinball-machine

#1854 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Wayne & I years ago had this on going battle who would have a fully working pinball machine first. He came close but did not have the game finished. Now there is a chance I will have a game done for next year. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crocodile-hunter-pinball-machine

I don't think it's a fair battle anymore, considering...

#1855 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

So you think he has a chance?

0AF64010-3884-4BE3-9A86-ACA608FD0EC0 (resized).jpeg0AF64010-3884-4BE3-9A86-ACA608FD0EC0 (resized).jpeg
    #1856 1 year ago

uh oh....

license (resized).pnglicense (resized).png
    #1857 1 year ago

Yes & the licensing company did not pay out, & lost a game.

#1858 1 year ago

Then on to a red neck Trailer Trash pin with girls for a 6 month build, that is the backup plan if the money is there.

what

#1859 1 year ago

That is only the back up plan, if TPB hits the skids with licensing.

#1860 1 year ago

Yes & the licensing company did not pay out, & lost a game.

This confused me. You think the licensing company pays out?

Houston, we have a problem....

#1861 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

This confused me. You think the licensing company pays out?
    Houston, we have a problem....

I was talking about Wayne, & his experience. Crooks seem to be everywhere. Yes they were the licensing agent, took the money from a bunch of interests they looked after (not to well it seems). 1 less sample game into the woods or landfill.

#1862 1 year ago

I was talking about Wayne, & his experience. Crooks seem to be everywhere. Yes they were the licensing agent, took the money from a bunch of interests they looked after (not to well it seems). 1 less sample game into the woods or landfill.

Im still confused. I remember the drama with Wayne and the crock hunter from RGP. Was Wayne the licensing company for Crocodile Hunter? Or did he procure the license to build a crocodile Hunter pinball?

Damn I feel old now...

#1863 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Im still confused. I remember the drama with Wayne and the crock hunter from RGP. Was Wayne the licensing company for Crocodile Hunter? Or did he procure the license to build a crocodile Hunter pinball?
    Damn I feel old now...

Wayne used a company to secure the rights. That company folded.

#1864 1 year ago

That is only the back up plan, if TPB hits the skids with licensing.

I missed the introduction of this concept. I get the Trailer Park = Trailer Trash conversion from licensed to generic theme. What's the "with girls" part?

#1865 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I missed the introduction of this concept. I get the Trailer Park = Trailer Trash conversion from licensed to generic theme. What's the "with girls" part?

Trailer Park Boys becomes Trailer Trash Girls.

#1866 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Ah. Duh. Good call.

#1867 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I'd like to nominate my ex

#1868 1 year ago

So let me get this straight. Before it was “I get a license or it dies”. And now that he thinks he’s hooked something it’s become “Damn I can’t lose the deposited money …. I know I’ll make an unlicensed absolutely craptacular game with no assets …. But don’t you worry it will still be a pro that you all already know”. I guess wake me when we get to “I have this foam core of what it would look like if we had the money and the new owner can now proudly display it in his living room as a work of art. Sotheby's has appraised it at $10K so take that naysayers”

#1869 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Ears perk up, a trailer park girls is green lighted at my house. The more traileresk the better. Where do I sign up as a min-whaler? Capt’n Ahab is standing by for a chance to throw his lance.

#1870 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

So let me get this straight. Before it was “I get a license or it dies”. And now that he thinks he’s hooked something it’s become “Damn I can’t lose the deposited money ….

I think he's still holding to, "if he doesn't get the license, TPB dies."

Then time to start over with the next project proposal, TTG.

He hasn't taken deposit money from anyone.

#1871 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

I think he's still holding to, "if he doesn't get the license, TPB dies."
    Then time to start over with the next project proposal, TTG.
    He hasn't taken deposit money from anyone.

which is why he doesn’t really have any investors. Until they pay something, they are interested parties only. Until they sign a contract to pay on milestones, it is strictly voluntary. Damn it GWJ, collect some $ and get these investors invested. Until then it is all pie in the sky and doesn’t exist.

I’d go with trailer park girls, mud wrestling girls or Hoes from NYC. Make my dreams come true.

#1872 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

which is why he doesn’t really have any investors. Until they pay something, they are interested parties only. Until they sign a contract to pay on milestones, it is strictly voluntary. Damn it GWJ, collect some $ and get these investors invested. Until then it is all pie in the sky and doesn’t exist.
    I’d go with trailer park girls, mud wrestling girls or Hoes from NYC. Make my dreams come though.

Actually I think a raunchy retheme kit would be more realistic and scalable.

#1873 1 year ago

No word today about license talks.

#1874 1 year ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I’d go with trailer park girls, mud wrestling girls or Hoes from NYC. Make my dreams come true.

Please quit calling it trailer park girls.. he even spelled out the initials to remind you again... it's trailer TRASH girls! TTG (allegedly)

#1875 1 year ago

It was Trailer Trash as a backup plan. Guess some guys want girls in there, but that was not the title: Trailer Trash Pinball Machine
    You can just guess the unlimited subject matter of that build.

#1876 1 year ago

You should keep this ready to copy/paste daily.

#1877 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

You should keep this ready to copy/paste daily.

Home now, & like I said no beer today.

#1878 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Please quit calling it trailer park girls.. he even spelled out the initials to remind you again... it's trailer TRASH girls! TTG (allegedly)

You mean like all the calls to stop using the word whales? Yeah that’s been quite effective…

#1879 1 year ago

It was Trailer Trash as a backup plan. Guess some guys want girls in there, but that was not the title: Trailer Trash Pinball Machine
    You can just guess the unlimited subject matter of that build.

Has there every been another pinball machine with the words Pinball Machine in the title? We could be looking at an historic first here.

#1880 1 year ago

Home now, & like I said no beer today.

How come?

#1881 1 year ago

Contrary to popular opinion here I do not depend on alcohol. I like to drink beer, seems like a lot more than some dumb world survey. Which would imply that you fall into a heavy drinker category.

#1882 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Has there every been another pinball machine with the words Pinball Machine in the title? We could be looking at an historic first here.

Not exactly like that but Stern came close in 1977.
    https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1792

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #1883 1 year ago

Contrary to popular opinion here I do not depend on alcohol. I like to drink beer, seems like a lot more than some dumb world survey. Which would imply that you fall into a heavy drinker category.

Yeah, statistics are just plain silly.

#1884 1 year ago

Yeah it's almost as if nobody, not even Roger fucking Sharpe, can get a license approved in 2 weeks.

But please. Tell us again how your cadre of drinking buddies is more apt than Roger Sharpe.

#1885 1 year ago

“Trailer Park Trash” is too limiting.

Something like “Redneck Heaven” would include trailer trash but a whole lot more.

“Redneck Yacht Club” boating mode

NASCAR, Rodeos and Bull Riding

“Redneck Riviera”.

“Deliverance Mode”.

It’s endless great stuff! Here are some
    Of the girls from Redneck Heaven in Fort Worth.

9F0014BB-B823-4E48-A841-D1076827DFB6 (resized).jpeg9F0014BB-B823-4E48-A841-D1076827DFB6 (resized).jpeg
    #1886 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Yeah it's almost as if nobody, not even Roger fucking Sharpe, can get a license approved in 2 weeks.
    But please. Tell us again how your cadre of drinking buddies is more apt than Roger Sharpe.

GWJ has friends on another level. Kind of like when Slash called Paul McCartney to get the approval for “Live and Let Die” in GNR.

Phone call, boom, done.

#1887 1 year ago

Why people are so upset without skin in the game? I mean who are the trolls? John or all the others wishing him to fail?

It looks like a crash on the highway and everybody is a doctor. Let him die or live with the team he has.

#1888 1 year ago
    Quoted from ElectricLou:

Why people are so upset without skin in the game? I mean who are the trolls? John or all the others wishing him to fail?
    It looks like a crash on the highway and everybody is a doctor. Let him die or live with the team he has.

I get it. You get it. It’s pointless to ask that question or wonder why here. All about the exciting DRAMA!

#1889 1 year ago
    Quoted from ElectricLou:

They would probably let me die. They think my liver is already wrecked from drinking beer the last 39 years.
    The woman who they were going to get in contact me, was on vacation last week. So she likely has more to get caught up on, + TPB pinball ask.

#1890 1 year ago

Why do they all have inferior eyesight?

ad776360d52abba60d08b05a0dcb4c42b3aab8fc (resized).jpgad776360d52abba60d08b05a0dcb4c42b3aab8fc (resized).jpg
    #1891 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

[quoted image]

Pretty sure they're going for the sexy, nerdy girl look. Although they're just sexy

#1892 1 year ago
    Quoted from vilant:

Pretty sure they're going for the sexy, nerdy girl look. Although they're just sexy

In that case, keep the glasses, lose the tops.

#1893 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

“Trailer Park Trash” is too limiting.
    Something like “Redneck Heaven” would include trailer trash but a whole lot more.
    “Redneck Yacht Club” boating mode
    NASCAR, Rodeos and Bull Riding
    “Redneck Riviera”.
    “Deliverance Mode”.
    It’s endless great stuff! Here are some
    Of the girls from Redneck Heaven in Fort Worth.
    [quoted image]

Is that one of those Tilted Kilts pubs? Had few of them back East that the ladies all had to wear the "kilts" and they weren't servers. They walked about the place just talking to the patrons.

#1894 1 year ago
    Quoted from ElectricLou:

Because we’ve seen like 10 boutiques fail and lose people’s money. This plan is the worst we’ve ever seen. It’s not that we’re wishing him to fail. Based on the facts at hand, it’s 100% going to fail. It’s science.

#1895 1 year ago

They would probably let me die. They think my liver is already wrecked from drinking beer the last 39 years.
    The woman who they were going to get in contact me, was on vacation last week. So she likely has more to get caught up on, + TPB pinball ask.

On vacation last week = won't contact anyone for the next 3.

That's how showbiz works John, but tell us again how you're going to get the license by Friday.

#1896 1 year ago
    Quoted from ElectricLou:

It looks like a crash on the highway and everybody is a doctor.

Alcohol may have been involved.

#1897 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

On vacation last week = won't contact anyone for the next 3.
    That's how showbiz works John, but tell us again how you're going to get the license by Friday.

Miracles do happen. I likely have a greater chance of any other group to not fail. No money involved so far, very small build of games with help, & very low overhead costs.

#1898 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

[quoted image]

That’s what caught your eyes!

#1899 1 year ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Is that one of those Tilted Kilts pubs? Had few of them back East that the ladies all had to wear the "kilts" and they weren't servers. They walked about the place just talking to the patrons.

The “redneck “ version. Bar & Grill called “Redneck Heaven”. The one in San Antonio closed because the food wasn’t very good

#1900 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Because we’ve seen like 10 boutiques fail and lose people’s money. This plan is the worst we’ve ever seen. It’s not that we’re wishing him to fail. Based on the facts at hand, it’s 100% going to fail. It’s science.

You are 100% right. He will not succeed.
    You said it x200 Times.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.