Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 213.
    #1751 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

There’s no “start” yet pal to have an “end”. Get it?
    The deal terms and fake outrage. Lol
    I drink beer like my buddy John. You better go see your doctor. Like Pooky said, you might have a “binge drinking” problem.

Hey, go look up gaslighting, you are a pro at it.

Deal terms? You mean like hey finish the game on your time frame, keep us privately updated and here is $1500 for your pocket. You mean that outrage? That is not outrage, that was a bonafide offer of encouragement.

Then I offered a $10K go fund me to do the title Trailer Park Trash if he could not secure the TPB license. Is that outrage too?

Are you just trying to deflect that you now are insecure of your $10K investment?

It's OK, you have chummed plenty of your money away before.

#1752 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

20k to build a prototype in 6 months is reasonable.
    Expecting art, license, full code in same time frame? No.
    [quoted image]

You've failed your vacation if this is how you're spending it.

#1753 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Hey, go look up gaslighting, you are a pro at it.
    Deal terms? You mean like hey finish the game on your time frame, keep us privately updated and here is $1500 for your pocket. You mean that outrage? That is not outrage, that was a bonafide offer of encouragement.
    Then I offered a $10K go fund me to do the title Trailer Park Trash if he could not secure the TPB license. Is that outrage too?
    Are you just trying to deflect that you now are insecure of your $10K investment?
    It's OK, you have chummed plenty of your money away before.

Keep it up. Insults to defend yourself.

You got triggered again. I’ve chummed IN plenty MORE money with my hobby pins since you seem to care more about that. Gaslight that! Lol

You, Benny and the other drama queens can’t stand not knowing who John has lined up can you.

Look up the term Gaslighting Drama Queen. You are a pro at it. See how that works?

#1754 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

You've failed your vacation if this is how you're spending it.

He can’t stay away. Are you kidding me. Punching the thread update like a lab rat tapping on the cocaine dispenser.

Vacation or every other day.

#1755 1 year ago

What kind of interview was that? The host never stopped talking. John didn't even have to be there.

#1756 1 year ago

Haha I've got Iceman blocked and still I knew he was one of the mini whale suckers.

It's like how they detect exo-planets. You can't see them, but you know they're there by how they affect objects in their vicinity.

I would not want to owe someone like Iceman money! Especially if I was a broke pensioner.

#1757 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Keep it up. Insults to defend yourself.
    You got triggered again. I’ve chummed IN plenty MORE money with my hobby pins since you seem to care more about that. Gaslight that! Lol
    You, Benny and the other drama queens can’t stand not knowing who John has lined up can you.
    Look up the term Gaslighting Drama Queen. You are a pro at it. See how that works?

The definition of an insult: disrespectful or scornfully abusive remark or action

I guess the truth is insulting to you?

Sorry?

Defending myself? Absolutely, with fact from my posts and not a bunch of innuendo that you like to dance with.

You call yourself a lawyer? (see, now THAT'S an insult!)

Not sorry!

#1758 1 year ago

If you market the game, after you have gauged interest from buyers on Pinside, how many TPB games would sell?

#1759 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

If you market the game, after you have gauged interest from buyers on Pinside, how many TPB games would sell?

See, that's just it. It's a Canadian show with a small American audience. No one would buy it unless it was rethemed to another title/subject.

#1760 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

See, that's just it. It's a Canadian show with a small American audience. No one would buy it unless it was rethemed to another title/subject.

Being a sales marketing guy all my life ,I may not disagree but need to see the real numbers , there are a lot of fans

#1761 1 year ago

Most of the guys still have no faith, & believe this project was some type of troll thread from the get go. Still most here likely have never seen me in person, or the numerous shows I could afford to go to. People do not want to know, that yes I talk & deal with pinball industry people over the years. That this cannot be done in 6 month build window (Ben). My plan is even going faster than I had planned, & the only way it dies is if the TPB say NO! That seems to be the next biggest thing for Ben to freak out about. Did not get my big whale, got my pod of mini whales, & now if I am able to do my own Roger Sharpe agreement to build these proto type working pro style TPB pinball games. Then the next thing to hammer me about is the build time I stated from the start to show in Texas 2023, SXSW & TPF. Got my team ready to go with a build.

The timeline was July 31 at the end of the day to get in with the project. that time has come & gone. The numbers of TPB prototype games is 10 max. & I am more than happy to build only a few if it comes down to that.

#1762 1 year ago

You know it really wouldn't be hard to program an AI chat bot that spoke like John. Just give it a few key words to repeat like whales and mini-whale pods. Have it randomly drop a name of a pinball industry person. Make sure to mention 6 months and TPF at least once. Finish it off with bragging about X amount of cheap beers he has consumed (random number generator between 4 and 12). And there you have it. No one would know the difference!

#1763 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

The definition of an insult: disrespectful or scornfully abusive remark or action
    I guess the truth is insulting to you?
    Sorry?
    Defending myself? Absolutely, with fact from my posts and not a bunch of innuendo that you like to dance with.
    You call yourself a lawyer? (see, now THAT'S an insult!)
    Not sorry!

Just a hobby man. Having fun with it. You guys act like it’s a death cage life or death match.

John is trying to do a deal whatever way he thinks is best and said he has taken input and advice that he wants and has been good about it despite the flame throwing.

Somebody tell Ben he doesn’t need to keep announcing that he has me on “ignore”

You and others just reveal what you are.

#1764 1 year ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

You know it really wouldn't be hard to program a chat AI bot that spoke like John. Just give it a few key words to repeat like whales and mini-whale pods. Have it randomly drop a name of a pinball industry person. Make sure to mention 6 months and TPF at least once. Finish it off with bragging about X amount of cheap beers he has consumed (random number generator between 4 and 12). And there you have it. No one would know the difference!

That would hilarious, a AI chat box, & drinking robot to act like myself. Maybe Ben could build one for pinball shows to fill in for me, & if I go to the same show we can chug down beers together.

#1765 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

That would hilarious, a AI chat box, & drinking robot to act like myself. Maybe Ben could build one for pinball shows to fill in for me, & if I go to the same show we can chug down beers together.

Sounds like your next project, if TPB dies.

#1766 1 year ago

just like they do when someone is inducted at the Madame Tussauds museum.

#1767 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Sounds like your next project, if TPB dies.

Too complex for me, but I am sure Ben could get it done in 7+ months for Texas. A real show piece for TPF. People could get their pictures with the Robot. I would need some personal time at a bar with industry people.

#1768 1 year ago

You mean *successful* industry people. You don't want these blowfish guppies swimming in your pod. Feed these ones to Bubble's cats

#1769 1 year ago

Too complex for me, but I am sure Ben could get it done in 7+ months for Texas. A real show piece for TPF. People could get their pictures with the Robot. I would need some personal time at a bar with industry people.

Ben might want to start a go fund for the talking AI Beer drinking robot of myself. Or if he is too busy, you could likely buy one quickly. Just program my voice, & have a piss jug to receive the beer.

#1770 1 year ago

Most of the guys still have no faith, & believe this project was some type of troll thread from the get go.

Yes, a few have come right out and said you have to be a troll. I don't think that is the majority of us though.

That this cannot be done in 6 month build window (Ben)

Sure it could be built in a 6 month window. Having all your ducks in a row 1st is an absolute necessity in order to achieve that time frame. This is where many, including myself, have doubts.

My plan is even going faster than I had planned, & the only way it dies is if the TPB say NO!

Why? If TPB says no, why not just build another theme that doesn't require a license?

Did not get my big whale, got my pod of mini whales, & now if I am able to do my own Roger Sharpe agreement to build these proto type working pro style TPB pinball games

You were NEVER going to get a big whale without 1st securing the TPB license. This has proven true. Trying to go out and emulate the Roger Sharpe type deal is going to be extremely difficult for you. A Roger had a deep and trusted history in this industry and handshake deals were the norm. Today is very different.

Got my team ready to go with a build

With your team, have you specifically prepared and presented a BOM that is equal to or less than $10K per machine that everyone has agreed to?

#1771 1 year ago

Here is a very reasonable question.

greatwichjohn , if you get your meeting and they(the TPB license/rights holder) say sure, build it and let us see it, without actually approving the license, is that good enough for you to build the machines?

Is that what you are actually going for? More of a permission than an actual license?

#1772 1 year ago

No I would need approval or a very limited license to build 1-10 TPB pro style games in August, or it dies. Need the 6 month build window. I have not said no to your offer to build a trailer trash pinball game if it falls through or any other build rewards program. I got to go with my plan, & see if it gets the green light or dies. Got my mini pod with cash ready to spend on performance or build stages. There is no $10k US coming or deposit required.

#1773 1 year ago

No I would need approval or a very limited license to build 1-10 TPB pro style games in August, or it dies. Need the 6 month build window. I have not said no to your offer to build a trailer trash pinball game if it falls through or any other build rewards program. I got to go with my plan, & see if it gets the green light or dies. Got my mini pod with cash ready to spend on performance or build stages. There is no $10k US coming or deposit required.

This is a Holiday in Canada today. Here it is called Natal Day. So I think I will go down to the water, & have some beers like Ben. No fishing for me, since I found my mini whales.

#1774 1 year ago

See here's the thing that John doesn't "get" TPB licensor isn't going to outright say "no" they're going to take months to say "no" or by some miracle "yes"

His budget doesn't take into account even a cheap license, on top of that he hasn't budgeted the TIME to get a license.

You also need to have proof of delivering to get a license, either have made games or fake it enough to look like a real company (deeproot) Look at every startup. AMH, Full Throttle, Celts, Houdini, Lexi Light speed... Notice a pattern? Only later did they get real licenses.

Sometimes you gotta read the writing on the wall, even if it predicts doom.

#1775 1 year ago
    Quoted from WARLOCK: Several of my friends said "you are not doing Pinside right" regarding my posts: so thanks and awesome, I have done it wrong for 7 years in 20 posts. I'm out.

On your way out, please don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

So long, and thanks for all the fish ...

#1776 1 year ago
    Quoted from movingpictures:

<blockquote cite="#7054122"
    Several of my friends said "you are not doing Pinside right" regarding my posts: so thanks and awesome, I have done it wrong for 7 years in 20 posts. I'm out.
    On your way out, please don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!
    So long, and thanks for all the fish ...

What door?

#1777 1 year ago

Why, the "I'm leaving Pinside door," of course!

#1778 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Just a hobby man. Having fun with it. You guys act like it’s a death cage life or death match.

Haha...that was funny. You should take a deep look in the mirror iceman. I remember when Rick and Morty was released and for some reason you went out of your way to go into every Rick and Morty thread and shit on the game (and occasionally Spooky). Good times!

#1779 1 year ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

You know it really wouldn't be hard to program an AI chat bot that spoke like John. Just give it a few key words to repeat like whales and mini-whale pods. Have it randomly drop a name of a pinball industry person. Make sure to mention 6 months and TPF at least once. Finish it off with bragging about X amount of cheap beers he has consumed (random number generator between 4 and 12). And there you have it. No one would know the difference!

giphy-downsized-large.gifgiphy-downsized-large.gif
    #1780 1 year ago
    Quoted from movingpictures:

Why, the "I'm leaving Pinside door," of course!

That’s not John’s way and he has been commended for it…

#1781 1 year ago

I personally would like to see the TPB license be unobtainable, not because I want GWJ to fail in his plan but I think building an unlicensed pin with a realistic timeline would be pretty cool. And a way to showcase (prove) his talents and connections in the pinball community.

But the dream is still alive until they say no.

Do we need a countdown for the licensing to be aquired?

#1782 1 year ago

I thought you were building one pro style machine per mini whale pod member and that the cutoff to join the pod was yesterday. So are you saying you may build 10 machines rather than 2 (or 3) with $20k (or $30k)?

#1783 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

I personally would like to see the TPB license be unobtainable, not because I want GWJ to fail in his plan but I think building an unlicensed pin with a realistic timeline would be pretty cool. And a way to showcase (prove) his talents and connections in the pinball community.
    But the dream is still alive until they say no.
    Do we need a countdown for the licensing to be aquired?

AP did Houdini in what, 4 months? But that was with a full team, a pro designer and a rich uncle. Oh and no license approvals needed AFAIK

#1784 1 year ago

How much are you willing to pay for the license? A case of Bud might keep the wife happy, but I'm not sure that will cut it for the boys.

#1785 1 year ago

I thought the licensor usually keeps veto power through strict approvals. What's happens if TPB hates your design and say no go, do it again?

#1786 1 year ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Haha...that was funny. You should take a deep look in the mirror iceman. I remember when Rick and Morty was released and for some reason you went out of your way to go into every Rick and Morty thread and shit on the game (and occasionally Spooky). Good times!

I just bought a Spooky pin!

See the commentary on Halloween and Ultra? Yeah who cares.

Talking about “Bricks and Mortar”?

Are you drinking right now? Take a deep look in the mirror and lighten up Francis. You and Vdojack

#1787 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I just bought a Spooky pin!
    See the commentary on Halloween and Ultra? Yeah who cares.
    Talking about “Bricks and Mortar”?
    Are you drinking right now? Take a deep look in the mirror and lighten up Francis. You and Vdojack

Do even read anything? Or is this all based on your expert skimming practices that you charge $450 an hour for?

#1788 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Do even read anything? Or is this all based on your expert skimming practices that you charge $450 an hour for?

Not really on those pins. Because I like my Halloween. Just see the FOMO scalpers crying about losing money.

And I don’t charge for my estate planning services now.

Happy to help John with any legal services he might need such as the license agreement and entity formation at no charge like I’ve done for some other Pinsiders.

#1789 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

So are you saying you may build 10 machines rather than 2 (or 3) with $20k (or $30k)?

The potential additional builds are if any of the TPB crew also want to get in on the fun once the IP license is approved. The pod is now closed to any new whales, unless they are TPB actors or license holders.

#1790 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Happy to help John with any legal services he might need such as the license agreement and entity formation at no charge like I’ve done for some other Pinsiders.

That's about the coolest thing you have said around here.

#1791 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Nah..his speculation on the covid hysteria financial market turned out to be spot on

#1792 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

John asked Bubbs what he thought of your GoFundMe offer...

holy-fuck-thats-greasy (resized).jpgholy-fuck-thats-greasy (resized).jpg
    #1793 1 year ago

Hahaha! Where’s Conkey? Automatic bash toy!

#1794 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I appreciate that.

But I’d do that for any Pinsider that needs some help or dealing with issues.

#1795 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I appreciate that.

Wait.. you're not supposed to form a mob to call fellow pinheads morons, thiefs and con-artists just because they have a dream or plan that you find extremely unlikely to achieve. Well thats strange

#1796 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I appreciate that.

I believe Robert still has a pinside account.

#1797 1 year ago

Now your onto something!

#1798 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Haha I've got Iceman blocked and still I knew he was one of the mini whale suckers.
    It's like how they detect exo-planets. You can't see them, but you know they're there by how they affect objects in their vicinity.
    I would not want to owe someone like Iceman money! Especially if I was a broke pensioner.

I forgot to log in on one of my browsers. I had to see Iceman’s posts. I made sure I didn’t repeat that mistake again.

#1799 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

I forgot to log in on one of my browsers. I had to see Iceman’s posts. I made sure I didn’t repeat that mistake again.

You guys need to realize that ice provides a lot of entertainment in pinside.

#1800 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I appreciate that.

I nominate Dee-bow!

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/36?hl=jjga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.