Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 213.
    #1701 1 year ago

It's a Great game steeped in tradition. It provides joy to so many families. That does not suck.

#1702 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

It's a Great game steeped in tradition. It provides joy to so many families. That does not suck.

I respect your answer.

For me, its slow, boring and costs way to much.

Id rather camp and bond with family while burning copious amounts of race gas.

#1703 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I respect your answer.

Makes sense now

i-aint-no-racist-i-like-all-kinds-of-races-drag-races-indy-car-dirt-track-nascar-go-kart (resized).jpgi-aint-no-racist-i-like-all-kinds-of-races-drag-races-indy-car-dirt-track-nascar-go-kart (resized).jpg
    #1704 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Makes sense now
    [quoted image]

Exactly, You know, things you can do in America.

You can go watch baseball and be a spectator. I actually pity you now, knowing you have no idea what it means to haul ass, burn some race gas and burn rubber, just for the hell of it.

I take everything back and will pray for you.

#1705 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Makes sense now
    [quoted image]

Looked up Regina. Im glad you acknowledge im not racist, unlike your shithole. 80% white lol

Dee Bow loves the lack of diversity and voted for the mayor who is cutting 15% from social services. Nice

Screenshot_20220731-154824_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220731-154824_Chrome (resized).jpg

#1706 1 year ago

You know you're a racist when.... you Google how many people of a different race live in your town. When you mentioned race fuel i thought you meant nascar.. my bad! Btw, I'm team Alex Bowman! #48 (please stop embarrassing yourself!) Back to beer and pinball
    *you're a Jeff Gordon diehard- aren't ya?!*

#1707 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Back to beer and pinball

Good choice NARC.

Anyhoo, bout to check out some pins at a place calles Flippers in Wyoming.

#1708 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:Exactly, You know, things you can do in America.
    You can go watch baseball and be a spectator. I actually pity you now, knowing you have no idea what it means to haul ass, burn some race gas and burn rubber, just for the hell of it.
    I take everything back and will pray for you.

Sunset speedway in innsifil Is a great time! I can hear the races sometimes on a quiet night. Live close and been to many races.

#1709 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Good choice NARC.
    Anyhoo, bout to check out some pins at a place calles Flippers in Wyoming.

Dude, you aint offending me & i definitely didn't rat you out to no mod.. enjoy the beers and pinball!

#1710 1 year ago

Also,
    Screenshot_20220731-161538_Maps (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220731-161538_Maps (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220731-161554_Maps (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220731-161554_Maps (resized).jpg

Boogity boogity booogity...we're almost neighbors!

#1711 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Don't comprehend the baseball sucks part? Why so

Baseball = child abuse.

#1712 1 year ago

Northern Wisconsin. Haven't caught any whales yet...

PXL_20220731_223521288 (resized).jpgPXL_20220731_223521288 (resized).jpg
    #1713 1 year ago

I coached baseball and didn't abuse a child

#1714 1 year ago

6 hours boys.... We got this.

#1715 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Don’t take the bait. He’s trying to get the thread shut down by saying stupid ignorant nonsense. It’s a Rare/Levi tactic when it goes against their view.

#1716 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

You know you're a racist when.... you Google how many people of a different race live in your town. When you mentioned race fuel i thought you meant nascar.. my bad! Btw, I'm team Alex Bowman! #48 (please stop embarrassing yourself!) Back to beer and pinball
    *you're a Jeff Gordon diehard- aren't ya?!*

Have you ever poured race gas into anything? I bet, not. I pity you.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Also,
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Almost!

#1717 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Also,
    [quoted image][quoted image]

So close, freedom, yet so far...

#1718 1 year ago

This has turned into one of those threads I click on, read the latest posts and then have to reread the title to make sure I'm in the right thread.

#1719 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Looked up Regina. Im glad you acknowledge im not racist, unlike your shithole. 80% white lol
    Dee Bow loves the lack of diversity and voted for the mayor who is cutting 15% from social services. Nice

[quoted image]

Honestly, quit being a troll and move on. Good Lord....

#1720 1 year ago
    Screenshot_20220731-201336 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220731-201336 (resized).png
    #1722 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

This is only one side of the story.

#1723 1 year ago

I could be wrong, but with only an hour left I feel confident posting this.

Screenshot_20220731-201700-418~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220731-201700-418~2 (resized).png
    #1724 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Honestly, quit being a troll and move on. Good Lord....

Im the troll, yet you have the countdown clock, signaling the end of the hunt in poor GWJ's hopeful thread.
    Irony..

Anyhoo, any more luck John?

#1725 1 year ago

Not at this time, likely no big whale. Still have the pod in play.

#1726 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Good luck!!!

#1727 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

John. Set up a GoFundMe.

I'm in as well.

#1728 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

The biggest problem guys are having is the attempt to figure out his game plan.
    And it’s hilarious.
    No need to reveal the details GWJ. Drop that bomb when it’s time.
    These guys are all twisted up in knots. Rare is beside himself. He can’t sleep at night.
    Keep it up and don’t let em wear you down.
    They are Zelinsky motor parts. Remember that
    Why are they here? Drama queens. Same crew is trying to revive the DR thread. Lol
    What would happen if they quit chiming in? Can’t help themselves. Benny is thinking about it right now while on his fishing trip.

Funny, this is all coming from the KING of the drama queens. Do you just add booze?

#1729 1 year ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I'm in as well.

I offered to set it all up.

#1730 1 year ago

Man I hadn't checked on this thread in a while and well... damn. Gotta be top 5 dumpster fire this year no?

This may be the best punked episode ever. Anyone mention the earth is flat yet?

carry on.

#1731 1 year ago
    whale dead.gifwhale dead.gif
    #1732 1 year ago

If someone hands your designated party a check please make sure you set this up thru an LLC or corp or whatever they have in Canada that is equivalent.

Please make sure you have some kind of written contract in place.

Finally get some kind of insurance policy in place for the business. You pinball catches on fire in someone’s house you are liable.

Yes I know the US is way more litigious than Canada. Nevertheless you do not want to be personally on the hook for this with respect to liability and you damn well want to make sure expectations are written out in some form.

Failure to do this could result in some serious legal implications if the project starts to go off the rails.

I am also wondering if your personal bankruptcy might have been avoided if some similar company structure like this had been in place before your barcade and distributorship went wrong.

My arcade can go out of business and someone can be injured and sue. Neither event if it unfortunately happens and drains the business assets into negative territory will affect my personal assets. You have to wall those off even if they are meager.

A handshake and a check works great if everything goes right. It is a disaster area if it does not go right.

#1733 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

If someone hands your designated party a check please make sure you set this up thru an LLC or corp or whatever they have in Canada that is equivalent.
    Please make sure you have some kind of written contract in place.
    Finally get some kind of insurance policy in place for the business. You pinball catches on fire in someone’s house you are liable.
    Yes I know the US is way more litigious than Canada. Nevertheless you do not want to be personally on the hook for this with respect to liability and you damn well want to make sure expectations are written out in some form.
    Failure to do this could result in some serious legal implications if the project starts to go off the rails.
    I am also wondering if your personal bankruptcy might have been avoided if some similar company structure like this had been in place before your barcade and distributorship went wrong.
    My arcade can go out of business and someone can be injured and sue. Neither event if it unfortunately happens and drains the business assets into negative territory will affect my personal assets. You have to wall those off even if they are meager.
    A handshake and a check works great if everything goes right. It is a disaster area if it does not go right.

There's a better chance John will land his whale than follow your advice.

#1734 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Im the troll, yet you have the countdown clock, signaling the end of the hunt in poor GWJ's hopeful thread.
    Irony..
    Anyhoo, any more luck John?

I'm following the topic of this thread.

You are looking up ethnicities of cities. That's a troll move.

Good luck moving forward with your Pod, GWJ.

#1735 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Funny, this is all coming from the KING of the drama queens. Do you just add booze?

Do you have a drinking problem? Or is it something else?

You tried to create another reason to bash the guy by making some stupid offer, creating more DRAMA, at a point when there is no deal for anything. Congrats.

“Mini mob drama queens”. You are a proud member. Lol

I just partake in it what’s created by the crew.

#1736 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

I'm following the topic of this thread.
    You are looking up ethnicities of cities. That's a troll move.
    Good luck moving forward with your Pod, GWJ.

Do you have any outlet's besides pinside, let it go dude.

#1738 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

You tried to create another reason to bash the guy by making some stupid offer, creating more DRAMA, at a point when there is no deal for anything. Congrats.

I offered this guy a cash reward at the end and then tried to set up a go fund me, but now I am the reason there are no deals for anything?

You writing scripts for soap operas now?

Drinking? A problem? If 2 to 4 drinks a week is a problem, limited to Friday & Saturdays only, then oh yeah, I need AA now. Let's see, Friday I had a glass of red wine and a beer. Saturday I had 2 amaretto's on the rocks.

What did you have? A case and a fifth in 48 hours? You better check your knuckles because I am sure they were dragging.

#1739 1 year ago

So the deadline ended last night for the Big Whale $100k US, & any more mini whales. Got my mini pod of 2 or more mini whales at $10k US standing by for license approval by TPB or their licensing agent. The deadline was last night to get on board with the program. So NO you missed your chance, no more joining the pod except for TPB, & those involved with the franchise.

Not interested in a go fund me, since I have 2 or more mini whales standing by. The limit is set at 10 max, & will only increase in number by TPB demand.

#1740 1 year ago

So NO you missed your chance, no more joining the pod except for TPB, & those involved with the franchise.

Whom are you writing this about? Who missed their chance?

#1741 1 year ago

Someone isolate the sound at 5 seconds from the end of this interview. I believe it is GWJ rebooting his loop.

The next few months should be interesting. If he gets the license, the race is on!

#1742 1 year ago

Here is a quick interview done last night outside poolside. Brutal sunny day, out in the sun. Had 7 buds in me, & went home to cool down last night.

I enjoyed listening to you, John. If the Trailer Park Boys need another cast member, I think you'd be perfect.

#1743 1 year ago

. So NO you missed your chance, no more joining the pod except for TPB, & those involved with the franchise.

DFE29FE7-1869-4D31-B322-B42D3AB96DFB.gifDFE29FE7-1869-4D31-B322-B42D3AB96DFB.gif
    #1744 1 year ago
    Quoted from Orko:

Good morning,
    Im looking forward to seeing this topic of discussion to go to got assembly to see
    If this actually could happen .. Couukd you
    Let you keep on the build so that see where you’re act on the project. Thanks for keeping your patience.
    Respectfully,
    Me

Lol, man I am super happy you've come back

Quoted from Roostking:

I respect your answer.

fuck yes.

#1745 1 year ago

John what's your plan for when you don't get a license?

What's your plan for when you miss the TPF deadline?

What's your plan for when Iceman wants his pound of flesh for the 10k he lost?

#1746 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

John what's your plan for when you don't get a license?
    What's your plan for when you miss the TPF deadline?
    What's your plan for when Iceman wants his pound of flesh for the 10k he lost?

This guy doesnt plan, for failure!

#1747 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

This guy doesnt plan, for failure!

No wonder he went bankrupt.

#1748 1 year ago

So pretty much what I got from that interview was that the plan is for a homebrew. Just not a $100k one anymore…

#1749 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I offered this guy a cash reward at the end and then tried to set up a go fund me, but now I am the reason there are no deals for anything?
    You writing scripts for soap operas now?
    Drinking? A problem? If 2 to 4 drinks a week is a problem, limited to Friday & Saturdays only, then oh yeah, I need AA now. Let's see, Friday I had a glass of red wine and a beer. Saturday I had 2 amaretto's on the rocks.
    What did you have? A case and a fifth in 48 hours? You better check your knuckles because I am sure they were dragging.

There’s no “start” yet pal to have an “end”. Get it?

Trying to jam some ridiculous go fund me terms down his throat, then make fun of him for not taking it. Fake outrage drama. Lol

Or did you just feel the need to show you were smarter than John?

I drink beer like my buddy John. Usually once a week, this week twice. See how that works? But thanks for the concern.

You better go see your doctor. Like Pooky said, you might have a “binge drinking” problem.

#1750 1 year ago

20k to build a prototype in 6 months is reasonable.

Expecting art, license, full code in same time frame? No.

PXL_20220801_161310437 (resized).jpgPXL_20220801_161310437 (resized).jpg
    There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/35?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.