Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 213.
    #1651 1 year ago
    Quoted from miracleman:

If you had been following John's projects since Day 1 in the old RGP days like I have, you'd know he's not trolling. I was as harsh or worse to him then than anyone here has been, and I apologized in person when he came down here for the Florida Arcade Pinball Expo. He brought a couple BGs he gaveaway for free that were close to being perfected, and I told him not to take any more money for product not perfected. He's obviously not taken that or any advice, and I will continue to call him out for the same crap now.
    John likes to talk like the big boys and considers himself on their level. Every project for over 10 years has been announced with much fanfare, while not having any proven tested product at all.
    Any money sent in went into development of said project, and also because of the timing I think Seawitch/Stargazer PF $ was used to set himself up as a Stern distributor and open a 'pin museum' since Canadian law at the time forbid more than 3 games in a location (I may be a bit off on the law bit, going from memory, feel free to correct me). I don't think the 'museum' ever opened as his talk of that quietly faded away.
    Maybe a Stern distrib/op can give us an idea of what that would cost to start up and bail out on. It looked like he had 10 new Sterns at his house for that tv news story. He said here recently he had to sell his house to pay it off, but that was all money, time and effort that should have been spent on repro playfields at that point.
    John is a decent human being, but like a 'crazy cat lady' with a big heart there's a switch in his brain that's flicked the wrong way and causes him to adopt any stray idea that wanders into his head.

Go big or go home.

Guy has no quit in him.

Good guy with a big heart.

Whether he makes it or not, I’ll applaud his efforts.

It’s kind of like Tommy Boy or Animal House. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no.

They underestimated Tommy Boy too.

#1652 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Go big or go home.
    Guy has no quit in him.
    Good guy with a big heart.
    Whether he makes it or not, I’ll applaud his efforts.
    It’s kind of like Tommy Boy or Animal House. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no.
    They underestimated Tommy Boy too.

You can take a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a bull's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?

#1653 1 year ago

Wow got my pension cheque early for a change, that hardly ever happens. Just got home from having a couple of cheap pitchers of bud, & $10 into the jukebox so I have some music to listen to at the bar. Got my Florida Ape shirt on, & contrary to the bullshit spewed here I did almost 1000 playfields & backglasses over the years to a high standard. Looked after stuff that the contractors fucked up over the years on my money. If the stupid guys here still think this is a troll thread wake up. I got my pod & actively looking to get the go ahead from TPB. 6 month build starting in September, & ready to show in Texas in March 2023 for SXSW & TPF. Do not know how many times I got to repeat the same game plan for the guys that have ZERO interest in this build except to keep trying to kill it dead. Got August to see if I can move ahead with the build. No Roger Sharpe to use since I do not have the funds. ZERO money taken in so yes this seems to be the scam of the century for pinball. More real experts are standing by to help out, but believe what you want.

#1654 1 year ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

You can take a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a bull's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?

Hell yes. Master sales guy and got it done! Lol

E88C8BB2-8E0F-4A2E-962A-D8065CFB7EA5.gifE88C8BB2-8E0F-4A2E-962A-D8065CFB7EA5.gif
    #1655 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Do not know how many times I got to repeat the same game plan for the guys that have ZERO interest in this build except to keep trying to kill it dead.

John, I think the big confusion here is what you think and say is a gameplan doesn't quite fit or align with what most of us think a gameplan is. You seem to have ideas, but an outlined, actual step by step gameplan has not been revealed here or in any of the other threads.

#1656 1 year ago

https://www.thecoast.ca/halifax/great-pinball-store-opening-on-quinpool/Content?oid=3609420
    These cheap bastards did almost nothing to help out & got a free night on me. Coast
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/halifax-pinball-wizard-collects-classic-games-1.1260847https://www.facebook.com/pinballnews/posts/10152010922184366

https://www.thestar.com/halifax/2018/05/06/the-hidden-world-of-halifax-pinball-wizards.html
    I opened the first arcade for pinball in Halifax for about a year. My wife did not want to get involved, & I did it myself & lost money. It started the barcade & new operators in my area getting into arcades after that. Well worth the effort for something I love.

#1657 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

John, I think the big confusion here is what you think and say is a gameplan doesn't quite fit or align with what most of us think a gameplan is. You seem to have ideas, but an outlined, actual step by step gameplan has not been revealed here or in any of the other threads.

That is correct. Likely anything I say here towards the build will be received negatively here, which is evident. All I can do is continue on, unless it dies. Which will not be from me trying!

#1658 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

The biggest problem guys are having is the attempt to figure out his game plan.

And it’s hilarious.

No need to reveal the details GWJ. Drop that bomb when it’s time.

These guys are all twisted up in knots. Rare is beside himself. He can’t sleep at night.

Keep it up and don’t let em wear you down.

They are Zelinsky motor parts. Remember that

Why are they here? Drama queens. Same crew is trying to revive the DR thread. Lol

What would happen if they quit chiming in? Can’t help themselves. Benny is thinking about it right now while on his fishing trip.

#1659 1 year ago

Here is a flash back to when I was a pioneer trying to restore old pinball playfields using UV Inkjet flatbed technology:
    https://rec.games.pinball.narkive.com/JPKNGiyz/kevin-wayte-from-cpr-is-todd-marchant
    Here is Mirco trying to squeeze me out of the game:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-exclusive-classic-stern-parts-manufacturer

I continue on my journey to try & make more stuff available. To be the better man hopefully. Pinball manufacturing is hard without all the bullshit crap that seems to happen over the years. Still here, & trying my best.

#1660 1 year ago

Here is a flash back to when I was a pioneer trying to restore old pinball playfields using UV Inkjet flatbed technology:
    https://rec.games.pinball.narkive.com/JPKNGiyz/kevin-wayte-from-cpr-is-todd-marchant
    Here is Mirco trying to squeeze me out of the game:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-exclusive-classic-stern-parts-manufacturer
    I continue on my journey to try & make more stuff available. To be the better man hopefully. Pinball manufacturing is hard without all the bullshit crap that seems to happen over the years. Still here, & trying my best.

Don’t forget to see your doctor on Monday.

These guys are worried about you

Been a while but I’ve gone all out crazy for two nights in a row binge drinking.

I think I’m in great shape though.

Seems strange that a ton of pinball slobs would be critical of health care privacy issues

Post pictures of these physical specimens. Lol

#1661 1 year ago

Thanks Monday is a holiday, & our free public health care is still trying to cope with Covid. My Doctor has no worries, & the system would be over flowing with almost everyone that enjoys a alcoholic drink being a heavy drinker category.

#1662 1 year ago

6ogah0 (resized).jpg6ogah0 (resized).jpg

#1663 1 year ago

This poser (poster) does not represent East Coasters from Canada very well at all. Sorry Canada and the world at large.
    Or (he) doesn't represent Canadians at ALL in general IMHO. I have made only 20 posts now here in all my years on Pinside.

This is embarrassing, and ridiculous: and this is my last post here other than perhaps to post pins for sale. [Removed]

My apologies for all my fellow Canadians who did have to endure this, and to everyone else in the world having to read all of this nonesense. Sincere CANADIAN apologies to everyone on behalf of this 1 individual who seems to have a dream that makes no sense to anyone. I am truly sorry and apologize for ALL Canadians here.

All the very best my friends. (I ignored the last 1024 posts - read none of it) and: I know, it must seem fun...but really, you are encouraging him further for no particular purpose other than amusement and entertainment.

Cheers>Salut. And hopefully all done. (I certainly am.) I haven't looked here since I posted last, and perhaps I may look in @2023. But maybe not, thanks. All the very best.

Several of my friends said "you are not doing Pinside right" regarding my posts: so thanks and awesome, I have done it wrong for 7 years in 20 posts. I'm out.

#1664 1 year ago

Good morning,
    Im looking forward to seeing this topic of discussion to go to got assembly to see
    If this actually could happen .. Couukd you
    Let you keep on the build so that see where you’re act on the project. Thanks for keeping your patience.

Respectfully,
    Me

#1665 1 year ago

Every time I read this thread…
    F035D23C-3E8A-4E23-A390-80E0623EA71F.gifF035D23C-3E8A-4E23-A390-80E0623EA71F.gif

#1666 1 year ago
    Quoted from WARLOCK:

you are encouraging him further for no particular purpose other than amusement and entertainment.

Ummmm... Yup. Was that a secret?

#1667 1 year ago

Sunday is tournament day. Lots of drinking will take place, on a nice sunny day. I will be talking with the locals about the TPB build.

#1668 1 year ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

What a thread !
    I'd consider being in as a very small minnow or chum at 5 or 10 bucks.

Thinking about it further, maybe I could go in just as plankton for a buck or two ?

#1669 1 year ago

Sunday is tournament day. Lots of drinking will take place, on a nice sunny day. I will be talking with the locals about the TPB build.

Be sure to take a harpoon with you, but leave it in the car until needed. If any mini-whales abound, don’t forget to collect the checks for $10k. I have a good feeling about today’s hunt.

#1670 1 year ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

Thinking about it further, maybe I could go in just as plankton for a buck or two ?

Minimum buy-in is $100, enough to buy 12 beers for John and 24 for his wife. Now you can see why the mini-whales cost so much.

#1671 1 year ago

I’d be willing to wager if you added up everything GWJ has spent on alcohol in the last year he’d be a mini-whale himself.

#1672 1 year ago
    Quoted from WARLOCK:

This poser (poster) does not represent East Coasters from Canada very well at all. Sorry Canada and the world at large.
    Or (he) doesn't represent Canadians at ALL in general IMHO. I have made only 20 posts now here in all my years on Pinside.
    This is embarrassing, and ridiculous: and this is my last post here other than perhaps to post pins for sale. (and Keisler - FU - and keep your downposts to yourself and generally ignore Moving Pictures please and his "whatever" agenda...)
    My apologies for all my fellow Canadians who did have to endure this, and to everyone else in the world having to read all of this nonesense. Sincere CANADIAN apologies to everyone on behalf of this 1 individual who seems to have a dream that makes no sense to anyone. I am truly sorry and apologize for ALL Canadians here.
    All the very best my friends. (I ignored the last 1024 posts - read none of it) and: I know, it must seem fun...but really, you are encouraging him further for no particular purpose other than amusement and entertainment.
    Cheers>Salut. And hopefully all done. (I certainly am.) I haven't looked here since I posted last, and perhaps I may look in @2023. But maybe not, thanks. All the very best.
    Several of my friends said "you are not doing Pinside right" regarding my posts: so thanks and awesome, I have done it wrong for 7 years in 20 posts. I'm out.

Between you, Dee Bow and of couse GWJ, yall are definitely proving to be a different breed lol. Good luck in your travels.

#1673 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Between you, Dee Bow and of couse GWJ, yall are definitely proving to be a different breed lol. Good luck in your travels.

Could be worse.. could've been born in the states!

#1674 1 year ago
    Quoted from WARLOCK:

This is embarrassing, and ridiculous: and this is my last post here other than perhaps to post pins for sale. (and Keisler - FU - and keep your downposts to yourself and generally ignore Moving Pictures please and his "whatever" agenda...)

I think you have it wrong. Canadians celebrate diversity. We love everyone, even our mutants.

As I've said before, John is a Canadian treasure.

#1675 1 year ago

Could be worse.. could've been born in North Korea!

#1676 1 year ago

Let's be careful. We are all Pinheads here.

f87xmq4rx2i31 (resized).jpgf87xmq4rx2i31 (resized).jpg
    #1677 1 year ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I’d be willing to wager if you added up everything GWJ has spent on alcohol in the last year he’d be a mini-whale himself.

John should stop/slow down drinking..liver disease is a silent killer. I drink my share but not usually during the week. Your liver needs time to absorb the punishment.

#1678 1 year ago

One eight hour shift away...

Screenshot_20220731-145901 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220731-145901 (resized).png
    #1679 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

[quoted image]

Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 9.03.05 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-31 at 9.03.05 AM (resized).png
    #1680 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Could be worse.. could've been born in the states!

Lol. Ok lil bro."Patting on head".

#1681 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

[quoted image]

In Atlantic Canada time zone too! Lol!

#1682 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Lol. Ok lil bro."Patting on head".

As much as I disagree with his comment, yours isn't helping your position at all...

#1683 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

In Atlantic Canada time zone too! Lol!

Attention to detail.

Spared... No... Expense.

#1684 1 year ago

Booked my room for TPF, come on John make it happen, I seriously want to go play this game.

#1685 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Let's be careful. We are all Pinheads here.
    [quoted image]

Dayummmm! Look at the legs on roosterking! I take it all back!

#1686 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

If John gets a real,working, complete custom pin to TPF 2023, I will fly down and buy him a beer in person. Hell, I will buy every pinsider there a beer as well.
    Tick-Tock...

If GWJ gets this done by TPF, I may have to start a go find me to pay for all those beers!

#1687 1 year ago

There are no other companies interested so far , they would sell except John's non existent company is the only entity inquiring about a license.you have to register a company first John, preferably Inc.

#1688 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

As much as I disagree with his comment, yours isn't helping your position at all...

Meh, for some reason this guy is now following me around the forum, commenting in my posts. Not sure why either, seemed like we have some pins in commom.

Anyhoo. How much time is left?

#1689 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Meh, for some reason this guy is now following me around the forum, commenting in my posts. Not sure why either, seemed like we have some pins in commom.

Must be a Red Sox fan

#1690 1 year ago

The hunt for the Big Whale & any other mini whales ends tonight. Pretty sure 2 of 3 mini whales are going ahead. Guess I got a 6 pack in me so far. It is hot but not like you guys in the USA.

#1691 1 year ago

Guess I got a 6 pack in me so far.

Can't help but noticing, in every of your post you seem to want to keep us informed about your consumption-rate ...

#1692 1 year ago

Whales need to step up!

#1693 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Must be a Red Sox fan

Ill give you this, you all sure do close ranks.

Also, baseball sucks.

#1694 1 year ago

Slightly even more exciting than the whale deadline, tonight DishTV switches to new "Dishscapes" screen savers.

#1695 1 year ago

Will there be micro whale opportunities to boost the bankroll?

$20k (ceiling of $30k) to build multiple licensed machines in six months contracting out most responsibilities seems at least mildly ambitious. That said, I've never worked in the industry and only drink a few beers a week.

#1696 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Ill give you this, you all sure do close ranks.
    Also, baseball sucks.

No it doesn't

#1697 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Huh!? You're sending me private messages. creepy

#1698 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Huh!? You're sending me private messages. creepy

Yea, I did. Stop following me dude.

#1699 1 year ago

Don't comprehend the baseball sucks part? Why so

#1700 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Don't comprehend the baseball sucks part? Why so

Why not?

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.