Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 213.
    #1601 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Got a case as a gift, hand delivered to me here in Colorado. I have a Cheesehead Pinhead connection. [quoted image]

Dang Kim, you must be an alcoholic? . I thought you were a jack and coke guy?

I'm off to drink some beer right now fellas, i'll tip one for you GWJ. It's been a great week!

#1602 1 year ago

Guilty!
    Ok so I paid 16 bucks for 6

20220729_170826 (resized).jpg20220729_170826 (resized).jpg
    #1603 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Guilty!
    Ok so I paid 16 bucks for 6[quoted image]

Canadians have got all kinds of great beer!

#1604 1 year ago

I happen to know for an incontrovertible fact that this is the worst beer produced anywhere in all of human history.

0E398AAC-AE62-45B9-B10E-2AE2C95CC16F (resized).jpeg0E398AAC-AE62-45B9-B10E-2AE2C95CC16F (resized).jpeg
    #1605 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Canadians have got all kinds of great beer!

True but 1 can of Rush beer is over 3 bucks

#1606 1 year ago

I wonder how many Pinside threads over the years that have taken the beer detour and will again in the future. It was inevitable for this thread and I'm surprised it took this long.

No matter. Cheers everyone!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #1607 1 year ago

Probably went to junk mail!

Quoted from Haymaker:

OK so once this game is built and GWJ has established himself as a viable builder of pinball machines based on hit canadian shows, can we get a kenny vs spenny pin next?

Terrance and Philip is in line first then on to KennySpenny!

#1608 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

(pro quality for build).

Stop saying this. This is blatant false advertising. A Stern Pro takes over a year in development & is designed and programmed by the best in the business. You have no standing or proof that you can build a Pro quality game.

It’s an absolute insult to the industry professionals that you think you can do something of equal quality on your first time out in 6 months. Absolutely delusional.

#1609 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Stop saying this. This is blatant false advertising. A Stern Pro takes over a year in development & is designed and programmed by the best in the business. You have no standing or proof that you can build a Pro quality game.
    It’s an absolute insult to the industry professionals that you think you can do something of equal quality on your first time out in 6 months. Absolutely delusional.

Are you still mad because of that time John stole your pepperoni?

#1610 1 year ago
    images.jpeg-4 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-4 (resized).jpg
    #1611 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Are you still mad because of that time John stole your pepperoni?

What does this even mean, and why are you encouraging him to push forward to failure?

#1612 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

What does this even mean, and why are you encouraging him to push forward to failure?

You think I'M encouraging failure.? Yikes

#1613 1 year ago
    download.jpeg-2 (resized).jpgdownload.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg
    #1614 1 year ago
    images.jpeg-6 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-6 (resized).jpg
    #1615 1 year ago

What a thread !

I'd consider being in as a very small minnow or chum at 5 or 10 bucks.

#1616 1 year ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

What a thread !
    I'd consider being in as a very small minnow or chum at 5 or 10 bucks.

Krill…

#1617 1 year ago

Sardines & pepperoni

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #1618 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Sardines & pepperoni
    [quoted image]

puke.jpg.w300h225 (resized).jpgpuke.jpg.w300h225 (resized).jpg
    #1619 1 year ago

And beer!!!

#1620 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Sardines & pepperoni
    [quoted image]

That, sir, is an abomination.

It's supposed to be anchovies, not sardines.

#1621 1 year ago

Good beer night last night. 3 on the patio at the local, then next door to the barcade 1.5, & finally to the Friday night pinball social 4 buds. I always buy a 36 pack of bud cans for my wife (suitcase of beer).
    Back to TPB pin build, & winding down on the hunt for the Big Whale. Looks like one cannot be found this month. $100k US must of scared them off. So retired pinball designer, & artist will not be involved.

#1622 1 year ago

It might not be the 100k scaring anyone off .. but your previous paragraph certainly could .. a suitcase of beer is quite a pitch line.

#1623 1 year ago

I always buy a 36 pack of bud cans for my wife (suitcase of beer).

I’m trying to keep uninvolved parties out of the ongoing fray but the pictures your painting here are not pretty ones…

#1624 1 year ago
    Top-30-Trailer-park-boys-memes24 (resized).jpgTop-30-Trailer-park-boys-memes24 (resized).jpg
    #1625 1 year ago

Good beer night last night. 3 on the patio at the local, then next door to the barcade 1.5, & finally to the Friday night pinball social 4 buds. I always buy a 36 pack of bud cans for my wife (suitcase of beer).
    Back to TPB pin build, & winding down on the hunt for the Big Whale. Looks like one cannot be found this month. $100k US must of scared them off. So retired pinball designer, & artist will not be involved.

I hadn't realized this contingency (though I'm sure everything would totally check out if one were to re-read your earlier posts). So um who is going to design this Stern pro quality game and do the art for it?

#1626 1 year ago

Anything built is going to be the same or better quality that people are use to. Not a piece of shit thrown together, just to get it done. More than happy to scare away any further mini whales. If I have only one the better, much less work to do in the 6 month build window. Looks like I will be doing a local podcast about the project. Guess mister know it all about licensing has gone silent. So I will figure it out in August, hopefully within the 2 weeks.

#1627 1 year ago

Guess mister know it all about licensing has gone silent

If you mean Ben, he posted in here just yesterday.
    He noted that expecting to get any type of license in 2 weeks is unrealistic, and that he's apparently going on a fishing trip.

#1628 1 year ago

No it was the Palmer guy. SMH - what ever that means towards TPB licensing.

#1629 1 year ago

Anything built is going to be the same or better quality that people are use to.

Lies.

You don’t have a designer, artist or crew. You’ve never designed a game. Now you’re going to design it & build it in 6 months? Industry professionals can’t even do this with a full crew & factory.

It’s dead & you’re in denial.

#1630 1 year ago

No it was the Palmer guy. SMH - what ever that means towards TPB licensing.

Jesus, John. Somebody already told you it was an acronym.

Quoted from KoolFingers:

SMH = Shaking my Head

8e94900e76028478ee6ae14ecbdd83fe.gif8e94900e76028478ee6ae14ecbdd83fe.gif
    #1631 1 year ago

The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), which conducts the annual National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), defines binge drinking as 5 or more alcoholic drinks for males or 4 or more alcoholic drinks for females on the same occasion (i.e., at the same time or within a couple of hours of each other) on at least 1 day in the past month.

You may wish to show your primary care doctor your last post. He might be a bit more concerned than you realize.

#1632 1 year ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Jesus, John. Somebody already told you it was an acronym.
    [quoted image]

I think he is questioning the context in which it was used, toward the licensing. Which seemed straight forward to me, but....

#1633 1 year ago

Harpoons ready???

Screenshot_20220730-141257 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220730-141257 (resized).png
    #1634 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), which conducts the annual National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), defines binge drinking as 5 or more alcoholic drinks for males or 4 or more alcoholic drinks for females on the same occasion (i.e., at the same time or within a couple of hours of each other) on at least 1 day in the past month.
    You may wish to show your primary care doctor your last post. He might be a bit more concerned than you realize.

That’s a joke. I was binge drinking with a dozen other binge drinkers last night. Lol

“At least one day in the past month”?

Call me a once a week binge drinker then.

#1635 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

I think he is questioning the context in which it was used, toward the licensing. Which seemed straight forward to me, but....

No, he's literally been googling for a licensing agency called SMH.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching?tq=Smh&tu=greatwichjohn

#1636 1 year ago

Oh, that's even better lol!

Less than 20 hrs than it is on to the pod.

#1637 1 year ago

You know I'm down for a pin and a little drinky poo

Donny and TPB'S (resized).jpgDonny and TPB'S (resized).jpg
    #1638 1 year ago
    Quoted from Donnyman:

You know I'm down for a pin and a little drinky poo
    [quoted image]

Is that Rare or Jimmy Buffett on the left?

Keep pushing John, almost have him triggered off the edge.

#1639 1 year ago

Yes I am not into crap lingo of texting. Just like I type with the same finger all these years. So yes a red herring SMH towards licensing. Maybe the pinball podcast coming up very soon will entertain & maybe enlighten a few about how this build can be done in 6 months. Ben is on his fishing trip, & I am on mine for a project OK from TPB. Already have the mini whales in play, & there is more interest since people see THIS IS REAL! My plan is working, & gaining more ground by the days.

#1640 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Is that Rare or Jimmy Buffett on the left?
    Keep pushing John, almost have him triggered off the edge.

Mr. Lahey was fukkin awesome! R.i.P.

49f8214df3ba5c114f1f7a8990a7f4a8 (resized).jpg49f8214df3ba5c114f1f7a8990a7f4a8 (resized).jpg
    #1641 1 year ago

I guess if you look up the generic guidelines in the world about drinking - I fall in as a heavy drinker. Seems like all the people I see at the bars fall into the group. Likely many more drinking at home would be the same. Personally I have never been kicked out or banned from any bar. Never got a DUI, visit to the drunk tank, or ER from drinking. Maritimes are known for bars & I live in a port city with military, universities, & tourism.

#1642 1 year ago

I know many think John is serious about this project. I did, too, for a while. But re-read all this under the assumption that John is trolling everyone, and it becomes clear that's what's happening here. It's like he's drafting a screenplay for "The Trailer Park Boys Make a Pinball Machine."

#1643 1 year ago
    Quoted from Striker:

I know many think John is serious about this project. I did, too, for a while. But re-read all this under the assumption that John is trolling everyone, and it becomes clear that's what's happening here. It's like he's drafting a screenplay for "The Trailer Park Boys Make a Pinball Machine."

100 % trolling. Nobody who has made it to 50+ being this clueless.

#1644 1 year ago

I cants believe we're not naming Letterkenny pinball machines right now.

#1645 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s dead & you’re in denial.

The idea was born dead.
    He should name his company “stillbirth pinball”.

#1646 1 year ago

The gang is just mad they can’t “cancel” you John.

It’s impossible! Keep forging ahead buddy.

#1647 1 year ago

I guess if you look up the generic guidelines in the world about drinking - I fall in as a heavy drinker. Seems like all the people I see at the bars fall into the group. Likely many more drinking at home would be the same. Personally I have never been kicked out or banned from any bar. Never got a DUI, visit to the drunk tank, or ER from drinking. Maritimes are known for bars & I live in a port city with military, universities, & tourism.

On one hand, I appreciate your candor, John. But on the other you come off as naive and seemly oblivious to the sabotage that you do to yourself on a public forum. None of this is the way to attracting a whale or any investor. It's just the opposite.

I sincerely wish you the very best. But each time you comment it becomes another WTF moment for me.

#1648 1 year ago

Keep doing it your way Big guy.

At the end of the day, we are gonna call you Frankie. Mr Sinatra. “I did it my way”

I’m gonna call my doctor on Monday. I might just binge drink again tonight. That’s over my weekly limit but there is much to celebrate and life is short right GWJ?

#1649 1 year ago
    Quoted from Striker:

John is trolling everyone, and it becomes clear that's what's happening here.

If you had been following John's projects since Day 1 in the old RGP days like I have, you'd know he's not trolling. I was as harsh or worse to him then than anyone here has been, and I apologized in person when he came down here for the Florida Arcade Pinball Expo. He brought a couple BGs he gaveaway for free that were close to being perfected, and I told him not to take any more money for product not perfected. He's obviously not taken that or any advice, and I will continue to call him out for the same crap now.

John likes to talk like the big boys and considers himself on their level. Every project for over 10 years has been announced with much fanfare, while not having any proven tested product at all.

Any money sent in went into development of said project, and also because of the timing I think Seawitch/Stargazer PF $ was used to set himself up as a Stern distributor and open a 'pin museum' since Canadian law at the time forbid more than 3 games in a location (I may be a bit off on the law bit, going from memory, feel free to correct me). I don't think the 'museum' ever opened as his talk of that quietly faded away.
    Maybe a Stern distrib/op can give us an idea of what that would cost to start up and bail out on. It looked like he had 10 new Sterns at his house for that tv news story. He said here recently he had to sell his house to pay it off, but that was all money, time and effort that should have been spent on repro playfields at that point.

John is a decent human being, but like a 'crazy cat lady' with a big heart there's a switch in his brain that's flicked the wrong way and causes him to adopt any stray idea that wanders into his head.

#1650 1 year ago
    Quoted from miracleman:

If you had been following John's projects since Day 1 in the old RGP days like I have, you'd know he's not trolling. I was as harsh or worse to him then than anyone here has been, and I apologized in person when he cam down here for the Florida Arcade Pinball Expo. He brought a couple BGs that were close to being perfected, and I told him not to take any more money for product not perfected. He's obviously not taken that or any advice, and I will continue to call him out for the same crap now.
    John likes to talk like the big boys and considers himself on their level. Every project for over 10 years has been announced with much fanfare, while not having any proven tested product at all.
    Any money sent in went into development of said project, and I think Seawitch/Stargazer $ was used to set himself up as a Stern distributor and open a 'pin museum' since Canadian law at the time forbid more than 3 games in a location (I may be a bit off on the law bit, going from memory, feel free to correct me). Maybe a Stern distrib/op can give us an idea of what that would cost to start up and bail out on. It looked like he had 10 new Sterns at his house for that tv news story. He said here recently he had to sell his house to pay it off, but that was all money, time and effort that should have been spent on repro playfields at that point.
    John is a decent human being, but like a 'crazy cat lady' there's a switch in his brain that's flicked the wrong way and causes him to adopt any stray idea that wanders into his head.

This is all very helpful to understand him a little better. I still don’t get him, but his MO becomes more predictable. So why does one go bankrupt from buying 10 Sterns to be a distributor. Don’t you just sell them off. Pinballs are one of the most liquid capital assets you can have. I’m not understanding that

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/33?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.