Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 213.
    #10301 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Avi, walk away and learn how to play electric guitar instead.

i've been playing electric guitar for close to.... 11 years?..

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Nice going Deebow. Right on . Still think Avi has the look of a metal guitarist.

I'm not very great at metal music. more into surreal trippy kind of stuff on guitar. but for the last 3 hours i've been learning the hotel california solo and pretty well got it entirely.

#10302 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

i've been playing electric guitar for close to.... 11 years?..

I'm not very great at metal music. more into surreal trippy kind of stuff on guitar. but for the last 3 hours i've been learning the hotel california solo and pretty well got it entirely.

I’m very proud of you Avi...seriously.

#10303 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Work on the pentatonic scale your good to go

#10304 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

You shouldn't be. I'm a terrible guitarist by every account.. I use a stratocaster single coils for high gain metal with a JCM800 4x12 slanted.

#10305 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

You shouldn't be. I'm a terrible guitarist by every account.. I use a stratocaster single coils for high gain metal with a JCM800 4x12 slanted.

Work on master of puppets Avi

#10306 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Work on master of puppets Avi

Already learned it.

#10307 1 year ago

You haven’t heard me play...proud!

#10308 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

Already learned it.

Post a video... preferably with John working on the whitewood in the background

#10309 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

You haven’t heard me play...proud!

As of lately i've been working on a digital studio for music. So i'm able to hook up my guitar to my computer and play through my microphone. It's great for recording stuff to if i decide i want to get into covers or to teach people. I use to be pretty popular on some of those chat room games with the voice chats. it's been a hot minute though.

Quoted from Daditude:

Post a video... preferably with John working on the whitewood in the background

Why? so he can play drums using hammers on the whitewood? i don't wanna bring my JCM800 to the workshop. John will smack it and it'll go up in flames like Marty mcfly.

#10310 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Can anyone with graphic design skill help out with that “Arcades For Sale” sign in the window ? Perhaps personalize for GWJ ? I think we can do better here
    [quoted image]

Could bastardize this one I'm sure

20190322_173520 (resized).jpg20190322_173520 (resized).jpg
    #10311 1 year ago

Beer total was only 1 can of Guinness Beer at the workshop. Went home & picked up a suitcase of Bud to keep the wife happy during the holidays. At the Irish Bar I go to young guys with money were sampling the whisky, near me at the bar. Nice to see a decent collection of brands. There are a number of locals in the music biz that play pinball. Avi will slowly meet more of them next year. Those hand made signs were mine, & it shows that I am not an artist. JWMG was my custom plates when I was 25 in Ontario with my wife the first year together.

#10312 1 year ago

Wow. 3,544 posts since my last post here. What's new?

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#10313 1 year ago
    Quoted from fastpinball:

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

The excuses

#10314 1 year ago
    Quoted from fastpinball:

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

There will be a flipping white wood by Christmas, or not. But definitely a flipping white wood by March.

#10315 1 year ago

#10316 1 year ago

Some of them.

#10317 1 year ago

Nobody asked for it. You aren't welcome. Don't make me do it again.

There was more effort put into this video then the whitewood.

#10318 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

Is that you shredding over the track?!

#10319 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Is that you shredding over the track?!

Yup. i didn't bother trying to be perfect. the strings on my guitar are raised too high from the fretboard. it was literally killing me to play that.

#10320 1 year ago

I prefer not perfect! It sounded deadly man! Well done. I know you said don't ask.. but could ya post a quick vid of some of that spacey trippy shit you were talking about! all good if you're not wanting to tho. \m/

#10321 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I prefer not perfect! It sounded deadly man! Well done. I know you said don't ask.. but could ya post a quick vid of some of that spacey trippy shit you were talking about! all good if you're not wanting to tho. \m/

Hmmm... I'm not really sure i have anything recorded at the moment. I'd be too embarrassed to share anything i personally did since in that regard i'm a psychopathic perfectionist. but here's something i've been listening to as of recent.

#10322 1 year ago

Threads taken another unexpected detour lol — love it! Also the jab about more time in puppets than the whitewood thus far- nice!

Kim’s cabinet timeline post — man this build has clearly taken a rapid downturn in theoretical quality from the summer aspirations to now but the unchanging thread that is woven throughout is the lack of cares by John. No rush then, no rush now. It does make me curious what an actual homebrewer could do with the 10k (assuming they also are willing to build in their free time for free) and how far along they would be.

#10323 1 year ago

Avi …. Jon Donais of Anthrax … just sayin …

Ever seen them in the same place at the same time? Hmmmm

rd

B4CD8FA3-8C79-468E-80C2-E77A62580E00 (resized).jpegB4CD8FA3-8C79-468E-80C2-E77A62580E00 (resized).jpegF564D872-7B18-4228-B755-F4C78352BC72 (resized).jpegF564D872-7B18-4228-B755-F4C78352BC72 (resized).jpeg
    #10324 1 year ago

Advertisement:
    Up to ten fully complete Stern Pro level machines.

Reality:
    One almoust flipping MDF whitewood (inserts and GI sold separately).

! ORDER TODAY AND GET 15% OFF FROM THE NEXT TITLE !

#10325 1 year ago
    Quoted from fastpinball:

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

fastpinball

Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Still might go back with the new Fast Pinball .... They would be floored to be associated with this build

#10327 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

Bad ass! Nice work Avi. We won't MAKE you do it again but we may still request it

#10328 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

Iceman in the background takes the cake lol

#10329 1 year ago

Had a leak in the cemetery overlooking the harbor.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

75am31 (resized).jpg75am31 (resized).jpg
    #10330 1 year ago

Avi for TWIPY Newcomer of the Year?

#10331 1 year ago

I can't be the only one thinking Avi should do the game's soundtrack, can I?

-Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 HV Sync Combiner kit

#10332 1 year ago

I want a Doom pinball only for the opening music

#10333 1 year ago

Now I'm thinking of this

#10334 1 year ago
    Quoted from fastpinball:

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

Merry Christmas Aaron & the team at Fast Pinball. Glad Gerry is coming through since I am still likely still on the naughty list there at Fast Pinball. Just wondering if the coach & I had waited for the Fast Pinball platform if we would of seen it this year? Not going to blame you anyway with the slow pace here, opposite I guess of Fast Pinball.

#10335 1 year ago

This is "Trash" pinball, not "Fast" pinball.

#10336 1 year ago

Merry Christmas Aaron & the team at Fast Pinball. Glad Gerry is coming through since I am still likely still on the naughty list there at Fast Pinball. Just wondering if the coach & I had waited for the Fast Pinball platform if we would of seen it this year? Not going to blame you anyway with the slow pace here, opposite I guess of Fast Pinball.

John once again showing his ability to learn from his mistakes…

#10337 1 year ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

John once again showing his ability to learn from his mistakes…

GS.gifGS.gif
    #10338 1 year ago

If Kim ever comes to Halifax for a visit, almost like Cheers. Seems like most of the staff know my name. 2 different bars to sit at. https://www.oldtriangle.com/about-us/#gallery-7

Still waiting for Avi to get a government id & show him the bars with live music. I can drink beer & he can drink water. Our local bar by the shop does not say anything about Avi bringing in a bottle of pop from the workshop. My beer drinking is like 2 or more people.

#10339 1 year ago

My beer drinking is like 2 or more people.

Can anybody translate?

#10340 1 year ago

Glad Gerry is coming through since I am still likely still on the naughty list there at Fast Pinball. Just wondering if the coach & I had waited for the Fast Pinball platform if we would of seen it this year? Not going to blame you anyway with the slow pace here, opposite I guess of Fast Pinball.

It appears everything is in stock now at FAST Pinball, so I assume if you ordered you would see it around the new year (depending on shipping time). It's a public business, so anyone can order. You are getting confused between "naughty list" and "give me special treatment" list. You were never on the naughty list. Stop playing the victim here.

#10341 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Can anybody translate?

Just like cocaine it is better when shared with friends…

#10342 1 year ago

This is actually a very humorous post worthy of upvoting. Yes John is still salty. As he should be. He got snubbed pretty good. Not that it was without merit…

Good times. It’s all just good times. Merry Christmas!

#10343 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Can anybody translate?

cokeMachine.gifcokeMachine.gif

#10344 1 year ago

My beer drinking is like 2 or more people.

Quoted from Methos:

Can anybody translate?

he drinks enough for 2 people
    I would argue it's closer to 6

#10345 1 year ago

If Kim ever comes to Halifax for a visit, almost like Cheers. Seems like most of the staff know my name. 2 different bars to sit at. https://www.oldtriangle.com/about-us/#gallery-7
    Still waiting for Avi to get a government id & show him the bars with live music. I can drink beer & he can drink water. Our local bar by the shop does not say anything about Avi bringing in a bottle of pop from the workshop. My beer drinking is like 2 or more people.

Dang GWJ that place looks nice... not at all what my mental picture of the place you hang out would look like.

I have never considered going to Halifax in my life but if I ever make it there I would love to try and go bar hopping with you... but I have to say up front I doubt I could maintain your pace... .

#10346 1 year ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Bad ass! Nice work Avi. We won't MAKE you do it again but we may still request it

Too bad nobody here has a microphone setup and is able to sing like dave mustaine

#10347 1 year ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

Dang GWJ that place looks nice... not at all what my mental picture of the place you hang out would look like.
    I have never considered going to Halifax in my life but if I ever make it there I would love to try and go bar hopping with you... but I have to say up front I doubt I could maintain your pace... .

I couldn't see any of the Nickle tabs machines anywhere.....

#10348 1 year ago

Looks like I can be there in 39 hours. 40 hours with a potty break at Woodlawn Cemetery (NY).

Tell Avi I'm bringing my 5 piece drum set so all we need is a Harp (Harmonica) player.

Anybody wanna catch a ride along the way?

zD0VXG2LWkAAOnvl (resized).jpgzD0VXG2LWkAAOnvl (resized).jpgzzns drive (resized).pngzzns drive (resized).png

#10349 1 year ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

Their food menu looks tasty! Better than almost expired meats.

#10350 1 year ago

For all intents and purposes Gerry and Aaron’s systems will perform exactly the same for your purposes. And by that I mean you have no idea how to program either of them anyway so it makes no difference which you choose.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/207 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.