Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 213.
    #9151 1 year ago

Rough start to the day. Avi has to wait outside in the cold until I arrive usually 10 am. Got a earlier bus & got to endure another crazy guy going off. On the hunt for his ugly fat girl friend & her mother. Said he wanted to harm or kill them. He got the boot from a previous bus driver from India for his crazy talk. Glad to see him go.
    Got my supper cheap tray of sliced variety meats. Had the nice slices of Montreal Smoked Meat, & a lonely piece of beef. Had it with my free roll. Lunch will be the rest of my rolls & Hot Genoa Salami. The nasty sliced crap ham I threw under another car parked on the street next to the shop. This time it was the lone crow getting ready to chow down. Got to see him dart away from a Fedex truck & few cars. He wanted to eat alone & not watched so back into the workshop. Avi got his cap kit, & I explained the orientation of longer lead is usually positive. Showed how the negative arrow went towards the shorter lead. Told him if he screws up they go pop! He brought in the game system for the Simpsons vid. Moving the whitewood I stepped on a yellow wire for the SAVED target bank, & ripped it off. I will replace the coil with a new one, & salvage the old one. Drag Race vid & Jungle Queen are still here waiting to leave. Got to work on the em's today & maybe Medusa. Tonight might be on the whitewood when Avi leaves.

IMG_0260 (resized).JPGIMG_0260 (resized).JPG

#9152 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Rough start to the day. Avi has to wait outside in the cold until I arrive usually 10 am. Got a earlier bus & got to endure another crazy guy going off. On the hunt for his ugly fat girl friend & her mother. Said he wanted to harm or kill them. He got the boot from a previous bus driver from India for his crazy talk. Glad to see him go.
    [quoted image]

You live more in one hour than most of us do in a week.

#9153 1 year ago

Forgot the wire update today - Negative One. Probably should of been drinking beer Monday - Beer count zero!

#9154 1 year ago

Those deli ends you scored for a buck are awesome. If you could budget like that with the drinking you would save some serious dough… I’m not kidding.

#9155 1 year ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

Those deli ends you scored for a buck are awesome. If you could budget like that with the drinking you would save some serious dough… I’m not kidding.

Yes it looks like I need to step back from the frequent bar visits, & drink at the shop. 90 day timeline is almost here. Took the garbage out, car & meat were gone. Might of been a smart crow that did not squack that there was free food. Good feed for himself. Avi got tiny caps that are good either lead install. Learn something new. Yes the pop machine is on, & standing by with Blue.

#9156 1 year ago

It's early, give it a while.

#9157 1 year ago

Yes it looks like I need to step back from the frequent bar visits, & drink at the shop. 90 day timeline is almost here.

Too little too late. If you miss the deadline - at least you're on the path for taking the responsivity this time.

#9158 1 year ago

Got my supper cheap tray of sliced variety meats. Had the nice slices of Montreal Smoked Meat, & a lonely piece of beef. Had it with my free roll. Lunch will be the rest of my rolls & Hot Genoa Salami. The nasty sliced crap ham I threw under another car parked on the street next to the shop. This time it was the lone crow getting ready to chow down. Got to see him dart away from a Fedex truck & few cars. He wanted to eat alone & not watched so back into the workshop. Avi got his cap kit, & I explained the orientation of longer lead is usually positive. Showed how the negative arrow went towards the shorter lead. Told him if he screws up they go pop! He brought in the game system for the Simpsons vid. Moving the whitewood I stepped on a yellow wire for the SAVED target bank, & ripped it off. I will replace the coil with a new one, & salvage the old one. Drag Race vid & Jungle Queen are still here waiting to leave. Got to work on the em's today & maybe Medusa. Tonight might be on the whitewood when Avi leaves.
    [quoted image]

The spirit of Hunter S. Thompson lives on.

I just cant tear my eyes away from this.

GWJ, you are an amazing writer, chronicling the story of our times.

I'm hooked.

#9159 1 year ago

90 day timeline is almost here.

Screenshot 2022-11-29 120138 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-11-29 120138 (resized).png
    #9160 1 year ago

Pinball building is hard. Glad I do not have to do 10.

What about 2-9?

#9161 1 year ago

Huzzah. No clue why it’s green as shit and not displaying nothing though... probably a sync thing

19B9DE76-79FE-4A08-9973-D528E7E38D84 (resized).jpeg19B9DE76-79FE-4A08-9973-D528E7E38D84 (resized).jpeg
    #9162 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

Huzzah. No clue why it’s green as shit and not displaying nothing though... probably a sync thing
    [quoted image]

Its more likely a power issue or maybe a board issue.....check your voltages first....

#9163 1 year ago

Just got back, had to help the operator deliver a vid to the hotel arcade. Then I delivered the Jungle Queen back & had 1.5 beers at Brew HQ, the first one was foamy. Got myself a 24 of Olands for the pop machine. Get back to working on some more pins. Avi is still trouble shooting his vid. Supplied him a few pastries discounted from Sobeys, sugar icing cinamon swirls. He has a dairy intolerance. Avi did some contacts himself .156, & good luck with the cap kit. Avi can see the ghost of the game through the green screen.

#9164 1 year ago

The ghost of the game - through the green screen

Sounds like a netflix series...

#9165 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Sounds like a netflix series...

Halifax, The Greatwich Chronicles.

Written by Taylor Sheridan, featuring the life and times of John Greatwich.

Now "Thats" a Netflix series I would watch

Someone should promote this...

Tulsa King's got nothin' on GWJ.

#9166 1 year ago
    Quoted from cliff_clavin:

Its more likely a power issue or maybe a board issue.....check your voltages first....

Just got back home here. Apologies for the late reply. Ended up fixing it though the red on the monitor is dead. Could be a knob. could be a transistor. could even be the gun! I tried touching the red wire from the chassis to a different colour wondering if it'd do anything. and it didn't. however touching the red wire coming from the Jamma Harness onto a different one did... who knows.

#9167 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

Just got back home here. Apologies for the late reply. Ended up fixing it though the red on the monitor is dead. Could be a knob. could be a transistor. could even be the gun! I tried touching the red wire from the chassis to a different colour wondering if it'd do anything. and it didn't. however touching the red wire coming from the Jamma Harness onto a different one did... who knows.

Post the issue on klov, the arcade games equivalent of pinside……

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/#arcade-and-amusement-machines.5

Cheers.

#9168 1 year ago

Might be time to restock the beer fridge for GWJ and the Mrs.

Like what I see so far.

Figure 8? Don’t love it on Halloween

#9169 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Like what I see so far.

Merry Christmas to John!!

#9170 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Like what I see so far.

Not a fan of the butt pretzel? (I'd like to know what makes that shot a butt pretzel vs just a pretzel)

#9171 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Not a fan of the butt pretzel? (I'd like to know what makes that shot a butt pretzel vs just a pretzel)

Haven’t dialed it in yet with flipper alignment.

Def not a “butt” pretzel.

Figure 8

#9172 1 year ago

Just got home & had a few beers with a local at the shop. Went to the bar & had 6 to ease the pain of the Jungle Queen delivery to the barcade or brewcade. The owner let the door close, & I put my left foot out to block it. So the beer count was almost 10, I hate foam in my beer. Back pain I never felt before.

#9173 1 year ago

Kaneda gave you a shout out tonight and answered your questions from another thread.

Welcome to the big time, John.

#9174 1 year ago

Well I would not know. Only listen to his free stuff. So I have no idea on what he was talking about.

#9175 1 year ago

Well I would not know. Only listen to his free stuff. So I have no idea on what he was talking about.

It wasn't anything bad and he answered your questions about his car and whatever else you posted concerning him on Pinside today.
    It was respectful.

#9176 1 year ago

It’s probably already been said but just in case: Tube monitors can kill you. That’s not hyperbole. Be careful and if you don’t know what you’re doing it is probably worth getting help from someone who does.

The picture you showed certainly isn’t a sync issue. Looks like your RGB is out of balance and your board isn’t running. Check 5v on the board.

#9177 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

This TPG is useful for separating chassis from board issues. I just send all my chassis off the PNL. I could mess with them but I don’t have time and their turnaround time is fast

https://www.arcadepartsandrepair.com/store/tools-supplies/tools/craftymech-monitor-test-pattern-generator-2-mini/

#9178 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Kaneda gave you a shout out tonight and answered your questions from another thread.
    Welcome to the big time, John.

Chris should interview me for his podcast, as I am the self proclaimed blueberry Johnson of the Greatwich John chronicles!

#9179 1 year ago

Here’s a updated photo. Forgot to post yesterday. Gonna bring in a new tube today and see if it’s just the red gun.

B25F4494-54B0-4F3E-A260-DFD40C70A9BD (resized).jpegB25F4494-54B0-4F3E-A260-DFD40C70A9BD (resized).jpeg
    #9180 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Blueberry Johnson of the Greatwich John chronicles

Say that three times real fast.

#9181 1 year ago

Avi is here with another CRT & his metal control panel. Got some discount ribs for later, hopefully not the same package as Tuesday. Looks the same.

#9182 1 year ago

Avi is here with another CRT & his metal control panel. Got some discount ribs for later, hopefully not the same package as Tuesday. Looks the same.

Is there really this much discount food where you live?
    Is that a Canadian thing or am I just not going to the right places?

#9183 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Is there really this much discount good where you live?

You can buy discounted foods at almost every grocery store including Walmart & Superstore. My daughter and her husband do their shopping online and you can view and then pre-purchase hampers of food on the superstore website. It can't just be a Canadian thing. That best before date is merely a suggestion!
    * at the price of food i don't blame anybody for searching out a deal. It's getting ridiculous

#9184 1 year ago
    Quoted from AviRoo:

Here’s a updated photo. Forgot to post yesterday. Gonna bring in a new tube today and see if it’s just the red gun.
    [quoted image]

Do you have any electronics background or just interested and have an understanding of how things work? Awesome to see u roll up your sleeves and tackle these issues yourself man. Sounds like there's enough customers amd projects available to keep you busy for the short future anyways! Cheers

#9185 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Is there really this much discount good where you live?

Might just be your local community or the grocery stores you visit.

I'm familiar with discount grocery stores. But I grew up in a city with a lot of poverty, so there was a lot of demand for cheap food and thus a lot of discount grocery chains.

As a small kid, I used to love going to a discount bread shop in my neighborhood. They would sell almost expired baked goods bought off normal grocery stores and a Hostess Cake distribution center. I'd go weekly with my mom for bread and I'd get some random packaged desert if I was good that week. Slightly stale blueberry muffins for the win!

#9186 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Might just be your local community or the grocery stores you visit.
    I'm familiar with discount grocery stores. But I grew up in a city with a lot of poverty, so there was a lot of demand for cheap food and thus a lot of discount grocery chains.

Sobeys is not a discount chain!

#9187 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

This TPG is useful for separating chassis from board issues. I just send all my chassis off the PNL. I could mess with them but I don’t have time and their turnaround time is fast
    https://www.arcadepartsandrepair.com/store/tools-supplies/tools/craftymech-monitor-test-pattern-generator-2-mini/

Do you have a link for PNL?

#9188 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Sobeys is part of a conglomerate and own most of the competition stores in Canada. They are all one big company. It is crazy how much food gets wasted and ends up in the landfills.

#9189 1 year ago

Avi is not having any luck. Might be moving on to a used flat screen. I could not really see what the date was on previous sticker. Smells ok. I got my receipt incase anything bad happens later for lunch. Had the traditional 2 chicken strips & 2 mini salads $1 off for breakfast with the $1 McD coffee special ending in a few days.

IMG_0261 (resized).JPGIMG_0261 (resized).JPG
    #9190 1 year ago

Avi is not having any luck. Might be moving on to a used flat screen. I could not really see what the date was on previous sticker. Smells ok. I got my receipt incase anything bad happens later for lunch. Had the traditional 2 chicken strips & 2 mini salads $1 off for breakfast with the $1 McD coffee special ending in a few days.
    [quoted image]

$18.69, what was the discounted price on that rib pack?

#9191 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

That best before date is merely a suggestion!

Until you get food poisoning, and then your life will never be the same.

#9192 1 year ago

John,

Since the project clearly won't be ready by your deadline (September 2022 - March 1, 2023 for Texas, SXSW & TPF) - what is the big revel going to happen?

#9193 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I see "managers specials" all the time at the stores around me. When items are getting close to the expiration dates they discount them. I don't live in a very poor area either, its just normal at stores for as long as I've known

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Sobeys is part of a conglomerate and own most of the competition stores in Canada. They are all one big company. It is crazy how much food gets wasted and ends up in the landfills.

It really is crazy.

Yikes...over 18 bucks for a rack of really crappy ribs? Screw slow cookers, instant pots, electric griddles... what GWJ REALLY needs at the shop is a smoker! Ammirite fellas?

#9194 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

But I grew up in a city with a lot of poverty, so there was a lot of demand for cheap food and thus a lot of discount grocery chains.

Same here! The town still has an entenmann's outlet with some slamming deals. Nice thing about these pre-packaged goods is that with all the preservatives, they’re honestly just as good out of date.

We used to have a store that exclusively sold things beyond the “best before” date. Always kinda fun to see what crazy deals you could find. I remember being able to buy cases of premade Starbucks cold brew in cartons for literal pennies on the dollar. Questionable? Sure. But that was part of the fun.

#9195 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

John,
    Since the project clearly won't be ready by your deadline (September 2022 - March 1, 2023 for Texas, SXSW & TPF) - what is the big revel going to happen?

you're still 3 months early! I think he indicated he's not throwing that deadline towel in till begin of March. plenty of time, plenty of time. Keep calm!

#9196 1 year ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

$18.69, what was the discounted price on that rib pack?

I think it might be another 3 dollars off that price so $15.69, but since there's two $3 off stickers maybe it was $12.69?

They look pretty funky though but may just be because they're cold... Says heat to 165 degrees. I would go at least 195 to kill anything that might be growing in there!

#9197 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Sobeys is part of a conglomerate and own most of the competition stores in Canada.

Don't let the good folks at Loblaws—Canada's largest retail grocery conglomerate—catch you writing that.

#9198 1 year ago

Why's that? Between those two that's basically all the major grocery stores (except walmart). I mentioned superstore. They are loblaws. It explains why our drugmarts now have produce sections.
    * edit- i see loblaws is much bigger. Yikes!

#9199 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

I think it might be another 3 dollars off that price so $15.69, but since there's two $3 off stickers maybe it was $12.69?
    They look pretty funky though but may just be because they're cold... Says heat to 165 degrees. I would go at least 195 to kill anything that might be growing in there!

Yeah, the double sticker was throwing me for a loop. Regardless, man....this thread alone is further proof of just how much it costs to eat from external sources all of the time.

#9200 1 year ago

I never heat the ribs in the past & they were good. The more stickers on the pack they know to add as a total discount. Threw the bones in the sink hole in the middle of the side street. Seagulls will likely come along later & take them away. The City laughs at the sinkhole patch job previously done. Catches some people going down the street in the car. I threw in a piece of round asphalt 6 months ago which is still there. We had on the news from NB province, a young guy was released with no winter clothing.
    https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/mother-of-n-b-man-found-dead-has-message-for-premier-your-province-is-in-crisis-1.6173528
    Remember it is roughly $1.30 CDN to $1 US. I do not by ribs often because of the high price.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.