Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 213.
    #9001 1 year ago
    Quoted from miracleman:

MMEEEEEEE!!![quoted image]

Congratulations

#9002 1 year ago
    Quoted from miracleman:

"Prostitution has been illegal in Canada since 2014."

A friends ex girlfriend (she wasn’t too bright) was getting married to this hay farmer from Vermont. He had never been with anyone other than her so before tying the knot he went up to Montreal and plowed a field or two. Telling her about it after was probably the second dumbest thing he did…

#9003 1 year ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

he went up to Montreal and plowed a field or two.

I thought GWJ said there isn't much agriculture in that area???

#9004 1 year ago

Hookers are on the street with the workshop (Windmill Road). We always wonder if the pretty ones are undercover female cops. Easy to tell the ones that look road worthy that are on some type of drugs & strung out. Or the ones walking the street in the winter with no jacket on. Use to see a old guy driving a boat last year, looking for a hooker. Stood out & he would pick her up regularly next to our old shop down the road. Now it is appliance store. The VLT's were maxed out with patrons, no nickel bets by me. Avi should be back next week to work on his vid, or some more stuff.

#9005 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Hookers are on the street with the workshop (Windmill Road). We always wonder if the pretty ones are undercover female cops. Easy to tell the ones that look road worthy that are on some type of drugs & strung out. Or the ones walking the street in the winter with no jacket on. Use to see a old guy driving a boat last year, looking for a hooker. Stood out & he would pick her up regularly next to our old shop down the road. Now it is appliance store.

Have you considered recruiting or contracting these ladies for playtesting? I expect they don't encounter much pinball on the streets. Could provide a good casual's perspective.

#9006 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Have you considered recruiting or contracting these ladies for playtesting? I expect they don't encounter much pinball on the streets. Could provide a good casual's perspective.

Playtesting a "Street Hooker" can be expensive and lead to unwanted STD's....

Though exciting, I would have to advise against it.

#9007 1 year ago

Pass on the hookers. Look but do not touch! Went out to resupply the fridge with pop. Running for the bus, & the door closes. Tap on the window but the bus pulls away, so I put a good pounding on the tempered glass.

#9008 1 year ago

Pass on the hookers. Look but do not touch! Went out to resupply the fridge with pop. Running for the bus, & the door closes. Tap on the window but the bus pulls away, so I put a good pounding on the tempered glass.

Pinball is a transferable skill!

#9009 1 year ago

I'm still working on my, Dead Hooker game. I've now been inspired to have a car chase through Nova Scotia.

Tor Johnson will be my Pimp/Undertaker.
    casket-coffin gif.gifcasket-coffin gif.giftor_scariest.jpgtor_scariest.jpgzplan-9-from-outer-space-1959-3.jpgzplan-9-from-outer-space-1959-3.jpg

#9010 1 year ago

There is a underground music studio near my apartment & KFC. Had a white hearse outside a week ago. You see a few people buy & drive them after they have served their life transporting the dead. Usually priced pretty cheap since most people want to avoid being in one.

#9011 1 year ago

The way you describe life there, I would think owning a hearse would be a status symbol.

#9012 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

Playtesting a "Street Hooker" can be expensive and lead to unwanted STI's....
    Though exciting, I would have to advise against it.

Dude where is your sense of adventure? . Canadians are a hardy bunch, and stis don’t survive in the cold!

#9013 1 year ago

"Running for the bus, & the door closes. Tap on the window but the bus pulls away, so I put a good pounding on the tempered glass."

#greatwichquote

#9014 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I'm still working on my, Dead Hooker game. I've now been inspired to have a car chase through Nova Scotia.
    Tor Johnson will be my Pimp/Undertaker.

Will your game have a hearse you load the balls/'dead hookers' into for multiball?

#9015 1 year ago
    Quoted from miracleman:

(Google search)
    Are hookers legal anywhere in Canada?
    About 95 results (0.85 seconds)
    "The selling of sex in Canada is legal, but the purchasing of sex is illegal in all circumstances."
    Wait.... what?

Basically means they will prosecute the customer not the sex worker.

#9016 1 year ago

Got home from the bar after 9 beers. Lost $35 mostly nickel betting. Some winners paid for 3 beers. Got the wife her suitcase of beer. Had a leak on a fence for the bus from the bar, & later on a tree next to a naval base. Sunday maybe I will start some wiring.

#9017 1 year ago

Sunday maybe I will start some wiring.

What’s the rush, you have a whole 3 months left to complete the entire machine.

#9018 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

The way you describe life there, I would think owning a hearse would be a status symbol.

They would make great pin haulers.

#9019 1 year ago

Ordered my weekend pass for TPF tonight, anyone else order yet? Could be EPIC… or not?

#9020 1 year ago

Had a leak on a fence for the bus from the bar, & later on a tree next to a naval base.

This thread never disappoints.

#9021 1 year ago

Got home from the bar after 9 beers. Lost $35 mostly nickel betting. Some winners paid for 3 beers. Got the wife her suitcase of beer. Had a leak on a fence for the bus from the bar, & later on a tree next to a naval base. Sunday maybe I will start some wiring.

You really need your own pinball.

Get beers for multiplier
    Nickel slot skill shot
    Pee on a tree hurry up
    Discount sandwich spinner
    Hooker habit trail
    Mini whale magna save
    Start some wiring wizard mode

#9022 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Nickel slot skill shot

Shoot the nickel slots skill shot and never get your ball back.

#9023 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Get beers for multiplier
    Nickel slot skill shot
    Pee on a tree hurry up
    Hooker habit trail
    Mini whale magna save

I suggested this a long time ago, but he doesn't seem to be on board. I think it be awesome.

#9024 1 year ago

Good morning

Does anyone have cooking instructions for boiled eggs?

#9025 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Shoot the nickel slots skill shot and never get your ball back.

You could have a random award of various packaged meals from Sobeys. All worth various points.

#9026 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Good morning
    Does anyone have cooking instructions for boiled eggs?

Eggs in saucepan. Covered with at least 1 inch water. Bring to a boil, pull eggs off and let "cook" for 10 mins. Pour cool water over eggs to stop cooking. Peel and enjoy. OrNot...

#9027 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Eggs in saucepan. Covered with at least 1 inch water. Bring to a boil, pull eggs off and let "cook" for 10 mins. Pour cool water over eggs to stop cooking. Peel and enjoy. OrNot...

No hammer involvement?

#9028 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Eggs in saucepan. Covered with at least 1 inch water. Bring to a boil, pull eggs off and let "cook" for 10 mins. Pour cool water. Peel and enjoy.

Umm, we aren't all Gordon Ramsey. Just buy them pre cooked for double the price and be done with it.

#9029 1 year ago

Or crockpot?! What about a grill!

#9030 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Umm, we aren't all Gordon Ramsey. Just buy them pre cooked for double the price and be done with it.

I actually started my post out with that, but I've been told to lay low, so I thought I'd just be factual and straight to the point.

#9031 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Or crockpot?! What about a grill!

I would love to get a crock pot in the shop.

#9032 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

No hammer involvement?

You got to crack them somehow!!!

#9033 1 year ago

Got home from the bar after 9 beers. Lost $35 mostly nickel betting. Some winners paid for 3 beers.

Just think what you could have accomplished during this time....even with the 9 beers from the pop machine....

#9034 1 year ago

Got home from the bar after 9 beers. Lost $35 mostly nickel betting.

On what did you lose the rest?

#9035 1 year ago
    Quoted from RJW:

Basically means they will prosecute the customer not the sex worker.

That doesn’t seem fair at all!

Canada sure is a confusing and curious place compared to the USA.

I love this thread and have learned quite a bit.

1) the definition of Funeral sandwiches

2) recyclables are NOT allowed on the bus!

3) alcohol and anything else considered a “vice” are highly taxed to pay for healthcare.

4) how to tell if a prostitute is a undercover police officer. If she’s attractive, dressed properly for the weather and clean she’s probably gonna arrest you.

5) customers of prostitutes are arrested/prosecuted. Prostitutes are Not!

6) solid surface electric hot plates are a nice upgrade from the grill type. You can actually cook veggies and other healthier foods.

GWJ have you tried throwing some sliced Bologna on yours? Grandma used to call them sombrero sandwiches cause the center rises up when you cook them. Add hamburger roll/ bread, ketchup or other condiment and it’s a cheap and tasty meal.

#9036 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

I’ve never seen hard boiled eggs at the supermarket. Precooked bacon and other scary stuff pumped full of preservatives but not eggs. Although they do sell pickled eggs at the deli counter but that’s different.
    Is this a regional thing?

#9037 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Get beers for multiplier
    Nickel slot skill shot
    Pee on a tree hurry up
    Hooker habit trail
    Mini whale magna save

Reuse the hammer from Metallica.

Occasionally a sacrifice to the hammer must be made!

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You could have a random award of various packaged meals from Sobeys. All worth various points.

Sorta like Sopranos food fight?

What if you were hitting a discount target then collecting food items. The cumulative amount saved could be the Sobe’s super jack pot. You can risk points by trying to build up the savings. But you gotta finish the mode before the store detectives kick you out for loitering

#9038 1 year ago

It was almost 4 hours of nickel betting, went wild for $4 betting 10 or 15 cents, no improvement in losing spins. Nice of the winners to buy some beer during happy hour. Halifax has little public toilets, most business do not readily make available their washrooms. As a male it is easier to find a tree, or other place. Not like Top Cops, I laugh when I got to go & the cops miss it. It was a good Saturday Night drinker at the bar, & the VLT screens throw off some heat. The big bar area was cold so no one in there with the lonely jukebox & pool tables not getting any use.
    This morning it was spent getting my food from Sobeys, & stuff from Shoppers Drug Mart. Took a walk through the big dig for sewer & storm water. They will be lucky to get some paving done before plow season. On my way back to the shop at Sobeys, some old guy in shorts, no jacket, & a toque hat was screaming to himself. Some good choice words, & foul language. He stopped to look me down across the road. I said nice & he went into the store. Many decades of mental wards or hospital beds cannot meet minimal demand from society.
    Today I will start some wiring done unless I get tempted to the other local bar with all day happy hour for Sunday. Avi got ready a good amount of wire from the em pin Stern Rawhide. Getting cold here & I wonder if a free winter jacket is coming. Or maybe I am on the naughty list now from my sponsor (not the coach). Wonder if got a boot or ban?

#9039 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I think it should be a redemption game with coupons that spit out to Sobeys as various goals are met. If you want to mix it up could have a few KFC and McDonalds wild cards in the mix too.

#9040 1 year ago

It was almost 4 hours of nickel betting, went wild for $4 betting 10 or 15 cents, no improvement in losing spins. Nice of the winners to buy some beer during happy hour. Halifax has little public toilets, most business do not readily make available their washrooms. As a male it is easier to find a tree, or other place. Not like Top Cops, I laugh when I got to go & the cops miss it. It was a good Saturday Night drinker at the bar, & the VLT screens throw off some heat. The big bar area was cold so no one in there with the lonely jukebox & pool tables not getting any use.
    This morning it was spent getting my food from Sobeys, & stuff from Shoppers Drug Mart. Took a walk through the big dig for sewer & storm water. They will be lucky to get some paving done before plow season. On my way back to the shop at Sobeys, some old guy in shorts, no jacket, & a toque hat was screaming to himself. Some good choice words, & foul language. He stopped to look me down across the road. I said nice & he went into the store. Many decades or mental wards or hospital beds cannot meet minimal demand from society.
    Today I will start some wiring done unless I get tempted to the other local bar with all day happy hour for Sunday.

Yeah I’m surprised they have a trench open this time of year.

I was hounding subcontractors this last month to finish all work before the batch plant closes for the winter. Can’t pour when it’s under 40F

#9041 1 year ago

Today I will start some wiring done unless I get tempted to the other local bar with all day happy hour for Sunday.

Forget the happy hour. Do the wiring.

#9042 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Forget the happy hour. Do the wiring.

Or not, we will see how the day goes.

#9043 1 year ago

Use the money on the alcohol at the bar for alcohol in the workshop. drink and work on the pinball at the same time. Multitask! and save money on alcohol.

#9044 1 year ago

I am a big believer in the mantra "work hard, play hard." You can do both...just get done what needs to be finished first, and then reward yourself.

#9045 1 year ago

Not sure if it was missed but John did actually give the green light for a VR design of his current playfield. I knew even he would be intrigued with the digital flow of the Norris copy.

If ever there was a chance to steer the direction his design goes this is it…

#9046 1 year ago

You got to have a social life Avi, & mingle with the general public. Way more fun than drinking alone at the workshop. Spent my lifetime at the bars, & will do the same until I drop dead. For those interested my wife buys multiple bags at a time, & likely has eggs every day.
    https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/burnbrae-farms-eggs2go-omega-3-hard-boiled-6-pack-pouch/6000199066534
    She is in a good mood, bud beer in the fridge, & suitcase standing by. Still has eggs in the bag ready to go, unless there is a shortage.

#9047 1 year ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

Not sure if it was missed but John did actually give the green light for a VR design of his current playfield. I knew even he would be intrigued with the digital flow of the Norris copy.
    If ever there was a chance to steer the direction his design goes this is it…

Yes I am all for anyone who wants to put up the original Jon Norris 3 Spinner playfield, & compare it to how I modified some parts of the layout. Have at it!

#9048 1 year ago

Getting cold here & I wonder if a free winter jacket is coming. Or maybe I am on the naughty list now from my sponsor (not the coach). Wonder if got a boot or ban?

Seems he has been banned from this thread so he is unable to explain or even defend himself. Not hard to figure out who reported him to the Moderators. And no, it wasn't me, GWJ or Dee-Bow.

My guess is your jacket went the same way as the Kickstarter that Vdojaq and some of us offered previously.
    Strike 2.

#9049 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I am a big believer in the mantra "work hard, play hard." You can do both...just get done what needs to be finished first, and then reward yourself.

You are REALLY late to this thread...

#9050 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Seems he has been banned from this thread so he is unable to explain or even defend himself. Not hard to figure out who reported him to the Moderators. And no, it wasn't me, GWJ or Dee-Bow.
    My guess is your jacket went the same way as the Kickstarter that Vdojaq and some of us offered previously.
    Strike 2.

Getting close to strike 3? Have my lunch & start some wiring. Before the lure of the bar might get me out of here. Look for a winter coat before xmas.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/181 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.