Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 213.
    #7151 1 year ago

OK, serious question: How does one change their AOL email to Gmail and let everyone know??? I want to do it (I think) but between family, friends, tons of businesses I do business with, all of my doctors, insurance's, credit cards ECT ECT it would take a massive effort to notify everyone. Is there an "easy solution?"
    I guess I never thought about doing it after all of these years because I never had any issues with AOL but the other day I called to place an order for something and the girl laughed when I gave her my AOL email, when I asked her how to change it and let everyone know about the change.... Crickets.
    If it ain't broke, why fix it.?

#7152 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Have we considered that perhaps John doesn’t want to recover his email ?

I am the same way. If I can't find the keys to my car I just buy a new car... fresh start!

#7153 1 year ago
    Quoted from gjm:

OK, serious question: How does one change their AOL email to Gmail and let everyone know??? I want to do it (I think) but between family, friends, tons of businesses I do business with, all of my doctors, insurance's, credit cards ECT ECT it would take a massive effort to notify everyone. Is there an "easy solution?"
    I guess I never thought about doing it after all of these years because I never had any issues with AOL but the other day I called to place an order for something and the girl laughed when I gave her my AOL email, when I asked her how to change it and let everyone know about the change.... Crickets.

Could you just set your AOL to forward to the Gmail, and start using the Gmail with everything else moving forward (and update as you go along)?

#7154 1 year ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

Could you just set your AOL to forward to the Gmail, and start using the Gmail with everything else moving forward (and update as you go along)?

This is the way. Update whatever you can remember, and in the meantime just forward all of your AOL mail to the new gmail account. You will inevitably find other businesses or accounts that need updating and just take care of them as they come up.

#7155 1 year ago

Yeah, just have the email account auto forward everything to another account

You can even add another email auto-forwarding layer and really insulate your personal account from bullshit. And if you turn off download external images and such, you can't be tracked for having seen an email or not (a really slick way spam email can verify you're seeing the spam is to embed a 1px image that is linked on their server. They can see if the image is ever opened and from what IP)

#7156 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

And someone hinted that Jon didn't want to be associated with the project (the title of the thread used to have his name in it). But that seems to be conjecture

That was me, 100% . Sure it was conjecture and it was solely based on what we have all seen go down over the last 7000 plus posts. I am pretty sure I explained all of that as such.

And once again we are right back to the conspiracy theories that the "fanboys" are out to get him. Who are these fanboys?

It's just another detour, another it's not my fault, delays happen and it's all part of the plan. Another kick of the can down the road.

So now we continue with the beer counts, food hunts, and bus rides until the next speed bump/detour/we have to wait comes along.

I am excited. What can top taking a hammer to the very device than contains all of one's important information?

#7157 1 year ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #7158 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

That was me, 100% . Sure it was conjecture and it was solely based on what we have all seen go down over the last 7000 plus posts. I am pretty sure I explained all of that as such.
    And once again we are right back to the conspiracy theories that the "fanboys" are out to get him. Who are these fanboys?

To be fair, that conspiracy exists because you posited that Jon asked for his name to be removed from the thread, which John took to mean the Trashaholics were bothering Jon

I don't think anyone is publicly bothering Jon at least...

Now back to the action. Maybe we can get a few star posts screwed down this week?

#7159 1 year ago

I was openly very critical about anyone who would be associated with this project. I named some people, it was good for a three day thread eject!

#7160 1 year ago

Yes Jon Norris never mentioned to me he was bothered by anything here. Except maybe the people that have left & were making shit up about retired designers or artists being what ever. I tried many times to gain access to my Hotmail & Outlook accounts. No big deal & I do not have to search through all the crap.

#7161 1 year ago
    Quoted from gjm:

Forward all of your mail to the new account.

Use the signature feature of your email and add a signature that states you have a new address and list it there.

Now each time you respond to a new email address, your signature will tell people what happened.

#7162 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I tried many times to gain access to my Hotmail & Outlook accounts. No big deal & I do not have to search through all the crap.

Its not only very easy to recover your accounts, a simple google search will net you several step by step instructional videos. And in the long run it will make your life easier, better and will save you from inconveniencing others like Jon Norris.

Instead of learning something new and better, your default seems to be hammer time, which I find telling.

No skin off my nose, you do you.

#7163 1 year ago
    Quoted from gjm:

I still use AOL for my personal email, never had a problem with it and it's free like most email. Who cares what people think or if people laugh.
    For me it's usually just a fun conversation not embarrassing or anything. I do use gmail also but most of my freinds and accounts go to my aol.
    Oh well I guess I'm a throwback!

#7164 1 year ago

The email is free because the company reads all your emails. It's why I try to avoid Google products. I don't need to give a leg up to the world's largest advertising company....

I'm not saying Apple is amazing, but I'm a huge fan of how they built disposable emails into iCloud. Whenever a website asks for your email, iOS can offer to make up a free email and auto forward it to your real account. It's a different fake email for every website. And you can turn off those fake email accounts whenever you want on an individual basis. Bonus: you can see which companies are selling your email address because you know exactly which website you gave the phoney email to.

#7165 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Ok, I don't like being called a boomer or being shamed for using AOL so I hope it's considered cool! But if you call me a hipster, then we got a real problem!
    Will never put my mullet in a manbun!

I unironically wear my hair in a manbun fairly often. Get a lot of comments from the peanut gallery. The funny part is that I really don't blame anyone for doing it lol. Maybe I'll forget to put my hat on when I'm at expo just so I can hear a couple more jokes at my expense My favorite is when bald/ing dudes wanna bash my stupid hair, I think they are just jealous of my luscious locks

PS- nothing personal guys, if you still use a hotmail account or something.

#7166 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Microsoft. It's obvious to anyone following the breadcrumbs that Microsoft got wind of the build and decided they didn't want their email client to be part of it, so John got put on their blacklist.

#7167 1 year ago
    Quoted from CryHavoc:

so John got put on their blacklist.

So you are saying his whitewood is on their blacklist? Wonder where the grey ham figures in...

#7168 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:I unironically wear my hair in a manbun fairly often. Get a lot of comments from the peanut gallery. The funny part is that I really don't blame anyone for doing it lol. Maybe I'll forget to put my hat on when I'm at expo just so I can hear a couple more jokes at my expense My favorite is when bald/ing dudes wanna bash my stupid hair, I think they are just jealous of my luscious locks

Hey we are all old enough now that we don't really care what others think or say.........BOOMER!.......(says the guy north of 50...)

Cheers,

#7169 1 year ago

Yes everything is going as planned. Delays were expected, & I go at my own pace. Things will definitely be picking up with 4 months until Texas.

Quoted for posterity.

Looking forward to the next set of delay excuses arriving in November!

And possibly another set of holes drilled into the wood paneling!

Exciting times!

#7170 1 year ago

Thread got derailed again. Can't we get back to marked down food and beer drinking?!

#7171 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

Thread got derailed again. Can't we get back to marked down food and beer drinking?!

nothing much is happening on the build so.......c'mon GWJ we are all rooting for you even if we think the odds are not great....

#7172 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I unironically wear my hair in a manbun fairly often

I don't really have any issue with the Manbun, just talking to hear myself type!
    And I stopped worrying what people think a long time ago. It helps that I don't have any flaws though...

#7173 1 year ago

Sorry fellas, editing mistake.

#7174 1 year ago

I do not know where years ago my passwords written down are, likely in the landfill.

get a free password manager and you only have to remember 1 password
    www.LastPass.com

#7175 1 year ago

I've had my same AOL personal email account since 1993 when I was 12/13 years old. Im gen x/millennial it works great i don't need to stop using it.

#7176 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

www.LastPass.com

That's one too many

#7177 1 year ago

I go at my own pace.

These six words should be the title of this thread. It sums up the previous 7000 posts perfectly.

#7178 1 year ago

www.LastPass.com

Password......."Hammer"

#7179 1 year ago

Got back from my local bar after 4 happy hour Keiths beer. Played the jukebox that had 9 credits on it from last night. No gambling nickel bets, likely give it up since I never win. Invest in beer drinking. I was tempted to buy the ham picnic meal, but I went with other options. Here is my supper of 2 hot dogs, Gottlieb system 1 heads for storage until the Friday night social guy picks up his games. Drink his beer in exchange for storage. No I never use Hammer as a password, but there might be a bread crumb there, or not.

IMG_0069 (resized).JPGIMG_0069 (resized).JPG
    #7180 1 year ago

Played the jukebox that had 9 credits on it from last night.

I gotta ask since I am so curious--what songs did you play?

#7181 1 year ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

Slow Ride-Foghat

#7182 1 year ago

Got back from my local bar after 4 happy hour Keiths beer. Played the jukebox that had 9 credits on it from last night. No gambling nickel bets, likely give it up since I never win. Invest in beer drinking. I was tempted to buy the ham picnic meal, but I went with other options. Here is my supper of 2 hot dogs, Gottlieb system 1 heads for storage until the Friday night social guy picks up his games. Drink his beer in exchange for storage. No I never use Hammer as a password, but there might be a bread crumb there, or not.
    [quoted image]

For my sanity, I'm just going to assume that's lead free solder on your workbench where you do your pin fixin and pork cookin

#7183 1 year ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

Frank Sinatra: I did it "My Way"

#7184 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I have to ask, do you ever eat with your wife? It seems like you do a lot of things separately.

#7185 1 year ago

#7186 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

For my sanity, I'm just going to assume that's lead free solder on your workbench where you do your pin fixin and pork cookin

Of course it isn't lead free.

#7187 1 year ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I have to ask, do you ever eat with your wife? It seems like you do a lot of things separately.

Nor do they seem to drink together.

#7188 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Nor do they seem to drink together.

I always thought the family that drinks together stays together. Time to throw that notion in the trash.

#7189 1 year ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

Don't worry, be happy.

#7192 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

To be fair, that conspiracy exists because you posited that Jon asked for his name to be removed from the thread, which John took to mean the Trashaholics were bothering Jon

Yes, I did infer that. BUT, the OP came and set the record straight.

However, it still wouldn't shock me.

#7193 1 year ago

No gambling nickel bets, likely give it up since I never win.

Good man!

#7194 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I unironically wear my hair in a manbun fairly often. Get a lot of comments from the peanut gallery. The funny part is that I really don't blame anyone for doing it lol. Maybe I'll forget to put my hat on when I'm at expo just so I can hear a couple more jokes at my expense My favorite is when bald/ing dudes wanna bash my stupid hair, I think they are just jealous of my luscious locks

No, it's you live in Rockford and you have a man bun. Just as long as you are not hanging out at the Office there downtown.......

#7195 1 year ago

He said he's giving up NICKLE bets, not necessarily betting. He's stepping up to quarter bets!

#7196 1 year ago

www.LastPass.com

I would advise John if he hasn’t already, to avoid buying Bitcoin. At least if he forgets his bancard ATM pin he can still get access to his savings account. I’m sorta worried that with all the smashing of hard drives going on that any prior alt coin fortune got lost at the dump, thrown out with the discount food containers by accident.

#7197 1 year ago

Here is the answer, take over this Stargate prototype build especially since it was a Norris game, he could know more about this whitewood!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-stargate-prototype-whitewood-game

#7198 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pbpins:

Here is the answer, take over this Stargate prototype build especially since it was a Norris game, he could know more about this whitewood!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-stargate-prototype-whitewood-game

I can assure you that is NOT part of the plan.

#7199 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I can assure you that is NOT part of the plan.

But it’s almost done, this could save months off the build time or not! Oh better yet, this could be the foundation for the $100k build!!!

#7200 1 year ago

Looking at the pics of the stargate prototype wiring, I was amazed at the complexity. How is GWJ who is unable to recover his email from hotmail going to be able to wire a brand new game ? Good luck mate, you may as well be trying to put a man on mars.

Cheers,

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/144?hl=rezdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.