Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 213.
    #601 1 year ago

I’d like to solve the puzzle now Pat.

Can’t see it with your own eyes or do you need a court filing to tell you everything? LOL

#602 1 year ago

Plan B is 10 people at $10k each for a “pro level” game?

#603 1 year ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

How much do you think a "real" and "big" pinball designer is going to charge for an all new design? Give us a ballpark number, John.

Realistically (and I know we are not in that realm here) it’s probably 12-18 months design work and a designer worth their salt would want $100-150k (just a ballpark, minimum) for that time and effort. But this project wants it done in less than 6 months and given total budget of 100k plus all the other expenses I imagine that leaves 10-20k for the designer. Looking good!

#604 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

And then there is the missing LE that somehow got lost

I’m sorry but if I burned up 60 million dollars of other peoples money in the most fantastic ways I would have make sure that “LE” got lost too…

#605 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I’d like to solve the puzzle now Pat.
    Can’t see it with your own eyes or do you need a court filing to tell you everything? LOL

Hahaha. Iceman, you are deeproot's second-biggest buffoon. The "insider" who truly knew nothing. Everything you claimed about the company was publicly proven to be incorrect. How do we know? It's all documented here on pinside for anyone who wants to look.

And no, I don't need court filings to tell me everything. Why? Because I have actual insiders who share real things with me. How do we know? It's all documented here on pinside for anyone who wants to look.

You have less credibility than John has a chance of getting his $100k. And for all his beer talk, you're the mega whale of drunken pinball clowns.

#606 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Hahaha. Iceman, you are deeproot's second-biggest buffoon. The "insider" who truly knew nothing. Everything you claimed about the company was publicly proven to be incorrect. How do we know? It's all documented here on pinside for anyone who wants to look.
    And no, I don't need court filings to tell me everything. Why? Because I have actual insiders who share real things with me. How do we know? It's all documented here on pinside for anyone who wants to look.
    You have less credibility than John has a chance of getting his $100k. And for all his beer talk, you're the mega whale of drunken pinball clowns.

Yeah I thought it was pretty crazy Ice just came back and saying they were ready
    Ready for what, exactly, the other shoe to drop? I think that is where the SEC stepped in.

#607 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Yeah I thought it was pretty crazy Ice just came back and saying they were ready
    Ready for what, exactly, the other shoe to drop? I think that is where the SEC stepped in.

He said they had all the parts to make the games! Why, if it wasn't for that meddling SEC, we'd be playing our pimped out Goonies games right now!

#608 1 year ago

You saw it with your own eyes court reporter. What a waste of time joke!

Anyone that actually walked through the DR facilities, like I did, or participated in the auction understands what was there.

Or maybe people are saying ALL the employees knew that it was some massive Ponzi scheme and participated in the fraud? No I think that’s reserved for Mueller and only he knew the extent of it. His former lawyer certainly did not. Period.

You still live your life in it that pathetic puzzle thread. It’s a sad narrative for the lives of the mini mob drama queens. You are still stuck with yourselves after it’s all said and done.

And a “buffoon” on Deeproot? I wear it proudly. Lol. You act like you just won the lottery. Who gives a shit?

You did get the “whale” part right guppy

And yes it all documented right there. Everything I claimed was true! Straight from the SEC filings from day one. Look it up fake news court reporter.

Go get em GWJ!!!!!

#609 1 year ago

DERAIL ALERT!!!! DERAIL ALERT!!!

#610 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

DERAIL ALERT!!!! DERAIL ALERT!!!

Just send a me a straight PM with the personal attacks and we can deal with it that way.

Otherwise let’s keep it on the GWJ journey.

I only made the comparison to what a 1 of 1 basically just went for at auction, far from $100k

#611 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Anyone that actually walked through the DR facilities, like I did, or participated in the auction understands what was there.
    Or maybe people are saying ALL the employees knew that it was some massive Ponzi scheme and participated in the fraud? No I think that’s reserved for Mueller and only he knew the extent of it. His former lawyer certainly did not. Period.
    You still live your life in it that pathetic puzzle thread. It’s a sad narrative for the lives of the mini mob drama queens. You are still stuck with yourselves after it’s all said and done.
    And a “buffoon” on Deeproot? I wear it proudly. Lol. You act like you just won the lottery. Who gives a shit?
    And yes it all documented right there. Everything I claimed was true! Straight from the SEC filings from day one. Look it up fake news court reporter.
    Go get em GWJ!!!!!

Was waiting for someone to call you out on your BS.

#612 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Or maybe people are saying ALL the employees knew that it was some massive Ponzi scheme and participated in the fraud? No I think that’s reserved for Mueller and only he knew the extent of it. His former lawyer certainly did not.
    And a “buffoon” on Deeproot? I wear it proudly. Lol
    Go get em GWJ!!!!!

Anyone who's followed your deeproot posting history knows your constant revisionist history is 100% bullshit. That's a settled matter. The only remaining question is whether or not you yourself know it. Do you consciously put up this false front to try to save face or does hubris compel you to subconsciously lie even to yourself? Perhaps trained psychologist Mr. Meny could offer an expert opinion.

Anyway, so as not to further derail the great white whale search, please post any more of your deeproot whoppers in the deeproot thread. And as a bonus, if there ends up being a deeproot 2.0, then the financial damage to the pinball community your shilling for them will cause will at least be somewhat contained.

#613 1 year ago

There must something in these waters

CA85E122-281A-478F-B04B-BDAE3384DEBA (resized).jpegCA85E122-281A-478F-B04B-BDAE3384DEBA (resized).jpeg
    #614 1 year ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Was waiting for someone to call you out on your BS.

SAME PACK of down voters every time. Look at yourselves. I don’t like you either. Lol

Hey John, let’s go have some beers!

#615 1 year ago

Anyone who's followed your deeproot posting history knows your constant revisionist history is 100% bullshit. That's a settled matter. The only remaining question is whether or not you yourself know it. Do you consciously put up this false front to try to save face or does hubris compel you to subconsciously lie even to yourself? Perhaps trained psychologist Mr. Meny could offer an expert opinion.
    Anyway, so as not to further derail the great white whale search, please post any more of your deeproot whoppers in the deeproot thread. And as a bonus, if there ends up being a deeproot 2.0, then the financial damage to the pinball community your shilling for them will cause will at least be somewhat contained.

Fake news BS as per usual.

It’s all right there. From the Cease and Desist orders by DR to me in 2016, to the SEC reporting every year, to my local buddies that actually played the prototypes, to the machinery, equipment, tools, supplies, employees efforts etc etc.

All right there. Where were you then court reporter?

Congratulations. It didn’t work out and you win. Sorry you don’t have a life beyond that. LOL

If you want to keep up the personal attacks just pm me and I’ll give you my cell number
    6A10C2D0-060D-4319-9F9A-DDDD4F4EBD63 (resized).png6A10C2D0-060D-4319-9F9A-DDDD4F4EBD63 (resized).pngBD5A8C4A-DB20-4F2E-8615-32734922F5EF (resized).pngBD5A8C4A-DB20-4F2E-8615-32734922F5EF (resized).pngE5E02361-3683-4290-8785-0290926E8702 (resized).pngE5E02361-3683-4290-8785-0290926E8702 (resized).png

#616 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Same pack of down voters every time. I don’t like you either.
    Hey John, let’s go have some beers!

Ice, just give GWJ $100K. It will be worth the 6 month-5 years entertainment and you don't need that 100K anyway. (USD)

#617 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Ice, just give GWJ $100K. It will be worth the 6 month-5 years entertainment and you don't need that 100K anyway. (USD)

A smart “whale” doesn’t throw that kind of $$$ away on a hobby. Not this one. I’ll blow it on real games. I want GWJ to find one though

I realize that it’s hard to understand seeing a game through in Raza that I was involved in since 2014 is a totally different matter

Some chose to sue John, I chose to ride it out. Just that simple

Some now live in the past can’t give up the drama and work puzzles every day. Lol

#618 1 year ago

There is lots of stuff to still come out of the Deeproot Pinball Fiasco, or Scam. It is still a good possibility that games will come out from another source. Same as Jpop finding a new home.

Now back to my search for the Big Whale. Still on the hunt & my timeline can be done. Not a big group of people trying to hash stuff out. Vendors, contractors, & my retired self to build the game(s). I even said in the past with Deeproot Pinball, that a small group could pump out small amounts of games over time. Just look at numerous small pinball companies still stuck in the slow production game for years.

#619 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

There is lots of stuff to still come out of the Deeproot Pinball Fiasco, or Scam. It is still a good possibility that games will come out from another source. Same as Jpop finding a new home.
    Now back to my search for the Big Whale. Still on the hunt & my timeline can be done. Not a big group of people trying to hash stuff out. Vendors, contractors, & my retired self to build the game(s). I even said in the past with Deeproot Pinball, that a small group could pump out small amounts of games over time. Just look at numerous small pinball companies still stuck in the slow production game for years.

Like Haggis?

#620 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Realistically (and I know we are not in that realm here) it’s probably 12-18 months design work and a designer worth their salt would want $100-150k (just a ballpark, minimum) for that time and effort. But this project wants it done in less than 6 months and given total budget of 100k plus all the other expenses I imagine that leaves 10-20k for the designer. Looking good!

The timeline would be 30 days for design, & same for art afterwards. A fair estimate on the above is all I will say towards a designer & artist from pinball past. The budget for 1 is $100k US & only in play this month if the one person is found.

#621 1 year ago

No I will give them a pass for now starting out, same as Spooky has moved in the big leagues.

#622 1 year ago

Just a few of my early 700+ posts from over 4 years ago. ALL of them right there, beginning to end. Doesn’t include the early negative ones I erased due to the lawyer requests. I complied.

02171791-5AB4-42DC-A59A-427452891E5A (resized).png02171791-5AB4-42DC-A59A-427452891E5A (resized).png533A6511-2416-4021-B924-9AEE842E7424 (resized).png533A6511-2416-4021-B924-9AEE842E7424 (resized).png819AAD1F-F8CB-4ADF-9D97-8B61B3223804 (resized).png819AAD1F-F8CB-4ADF-9D97-8B61B3223804 (resized).pngAC841AFA-210D-46A2-991B-647E68B08345 (resized).pngAC841AFA-210D-46A2-991B-647E68B08345 (resized).pngB57DA0B0-1907-48C0-8C1D-A68210EC8126 (resized).pngB57DA0B0-1907-48C0-8C1D-A68210EC8126 (resized).png
    #623 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Just a few of my early 700+ posts from over 4 years ago. ALL of them right there, beginning to end. Doesn’t include the early negative ones I erased due to the lawyer requests. I complied. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are these posts for GWJ? So he is informed of what NOT to do when building his blinged-out TPB?

Does anyone else find the more drinks you have, the more riveting this thread becomes?

#624 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Are these posts for GWJ? So he is informed of what NOT to do when building his blinged-out TPB?
    Does anyone else find the more drinks you have, the more riveting this thread becomes?

It’s ALL about the “entertainment value”! Not a way of life or identity. . Kman gets it

Posting some of those over 4 pages of posts in that thread for GWJ’s benefit to see how it all started. Everybody knows how it ended, the Johnny looky Lou’s. Lol

GWJ should go back and read that thread at the outset.

A ton of “whales” dropped $$$ into DR. A minuscule amount of Pinsiders dropped funds into DR AFTER 5 YRS OF HISTORY RIGHT THERE FOR ALL TO SEE!!!!

No fake news. All right there.

#625 1 year ago

Everyone can learn from Deeproot Pinball, Jpop, Andrew Heighway, Predator, & the many others. That left most people with nothing. Yes I do read most disaster pinball threads from the start, & see how they finally end (some still going on years later).

#626 1 year ago

Everyone can learn from Deeproot Pinball, Jpop, Andrew Heighway, Predator, & the many others. That left most people with nothing.

Everyone except you it seems.

#627 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Ben: Always learning from smarter people than myself. I was lucky to be a C- college student, & to be near the top of my class in the trade school classes I did way back. Same with all the rich lawyers, business people, & other professional people here. You can learn a lot, & mostly good advice given.

#628 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Ba dum dum. Walked right into that one didn’t he ?

#629 1 year ago

Everyone can learn from Deeproot Pinball, Jpop, Andrew Heighway, Predator,

Learn yes. But not as entertaining as some threads.

Ba-doom-bump. Thank you—I’ll be here all week—try the veal.

LTG : )

#630 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Plan B is 10 people at $10k each for a “pro level” game?

I asked him about this earlier - if you can’t find one guy to make one pin for, Plan B is finding ten people to make ten (scaled-down) pins? Isn’t that a lot harder to accomplish?

His response:

Yes that is a lot harder, & I will likely just go with 3 -5 at $20k US. This project has to be finished before March to go to SXSW & TPF in 2023. None of the money is going to my personal bankruptcy! Also like I have said from the start the project might just die if no investors are found, Plan A or B.
    Most people know I lost a shit load of money & time doing playfields over almost 15 years. Almost all Seawitch & Star Gazer playfields were $500 US prepaid with free shipping to USA. When contractors screwed the playfields I absorbed the cost & time. That being said I now have a core group of contractors I trust.

#631 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Fake news BS as per usual.
    It’s all right there. From the Cease and Desist orders by DR to me in 2016, to the SEC reporting every year, to my local buddies that actually played the prototypes, to the machinery, equipment, tools, supplies, employees efforts etc etc.
    All right there. Where were you then court reporter?
    Congratulations. It didn’t work out and you win. Sorry you don’t have a life beyond that. LOL
    If you want to keep up the personal attacks just pm me and I’ll give you my cell number
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice to see you've been stalking my comments from several years ago and now posting them here out of context. Its so typical of you in continuing to gaslight me all around Pinside.

I have been and am purposely staying out of this conversation against you. I am not one of those calling you out here nor am I even up-voting comments against you. I'm trying to move on from our long shit storm, Doug.
    If you continue to taunt me I will rejoin the battle along with everyone else you offended here. But I would prefer we move in different directions.

And no, I will not send you an email as you have betrayed the confidentiality of private messages multiple times as you and the moderators well know.

Quoted from iceman44:

Just send a me a straight PM with the personal attacks and we can deal with it that way.

ziceman (resized).pngziceman (resized).png

#632 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Nice to see you've been stalking my comments from several years ago and now posting them here out of context. Its so typical of you in continuing to gaslight me all around Pinside.
    I have been and am purposely staying out of this conversation against you. I am not one of those calling you out here nor am I even up-voting comments against you. I'm trying to move on from our long shit storm, Doug.
    If you continue to taunt me I will rejoin the battle along with everyone else you offend here. But I would prefer we move in different directions.
    And no, I will not send you an email as you have betrayed the confidentiality of private messages multiple times as the moderators well know.
    [quoted image]

I don’t consider that a taunt Kim? It’s part of the ORIGINAL posting in the DR thread.

I believe my reply was very complimentary so wtf are you taking about?

My actual reply was “a voice of sanity and reason”.

And you and I were there from Jpop day one and civil with each other at one point. I still have the pm threads

As for “betrayal”, the texts you have sent me before on my cell phone? You have hurled multiple insults and BS my way so don’t try to act like you are some kind of saint here.

So what’s on the record in threads and taking things out of context and who’s gaslighting who is really F ing RICH!!!

Downvote away. The FACTS are the FACTS. 5 years of DR thread posts. Another 4 yrs of the Jpop thread. Context? Lol

As for moving past the BS, I’m all about that. But not gonna take the trashing from a few others like GWJ does.

#633 1 year ago

Spooky has moved in the big leagues.

#634 1 year ago

“Who you offend”…

The entire thread is “offensive”. A barrage of nonstop shameful personal attacks on GWJ.

Whether you agree with what he’s doing or how he’s doing it, repeating the “drunken fool”, “crazy person”, “lying cheat”, “stupid” and other demeaning comments is shameful.

GWJ takes it in stride. Good for him. Bad on you.

If it makes you somehow feel better to call me the “number 2 drunken buffoon” of Pinside then that simply says a whole lot more about YOU. Not me.

Long gone are the days where we could have spirited discussions on any topic and then hug it out at the end of the day.

Too many of those good people are gone now as well.

So if it makes you feel better about yourself to keep hurling the personal attacks, knock yourselves out. Unlike GWJ, I’m gonna bring the receipts.

If I ever get to meet you GWJ I’ll buy the beers!

#635 1 year ago

Iceman did you ever find that fucking topper for my ACDC?
    When my kiddo starts at University of Arizona next year I wanna stop by for a swim!

#636 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Iceman did you ever find that fucking topper for my ACDC?
    When my kiddo starts at University of Arizona next year I wanna stop by for a swim!

I’d like to have that AC/DC back Gryzz with PinballMikes band mod. Looking for another one now. Not quite the same deal today.

Come on by anytime!

#637 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Just a few of my early 700+ posts from over 4 years ago. ALL of them right there, beginning to end. Doesn’t include the early negative ones I erased due to the lawyer requests. I complied.

For years you were the leader of everything's great at deeproot, trust me—I've got the inside scoop—so ignore the naysayers, f the haters, we're getting our awesome games, etc.

Was there a specific moment when you became so ashamed of your shameless raza cheerleading you decided to try to rewrite that narrative? I thought you were a guy who doesn't care what others think.

Having already spent however long going through your old posts, why not embrace your history and pom poms and share the rah rah ones?

#638 1 year ago
    DFD94C22-0584-4041-8A7E-3F37C2740D8B.gifDFD94C22-0584-4041-8A7E-3F37C2740D8B.gif
    #639 1 year ago

He said they had all the parts to make the games! Why, if it wasn't for that meddling SEC, we'd be playing our pimped out Goonies games right now!

Investors just hate big government regulations and oversight. Destroyers of dreams!

You sir should read the Fountainhead!

#640 1 year ago

Unless something changes & I find a lone rich whale. Likely Plan B will be a scaled back version for only 3 buyers at $10k US. I will reach out to the Trailer Park Boys to get the ok. So that the finished & playable pins are ready for Texas in March 2023. Have a strong believe that the 3 spots will go quickly in August.

#641 1 year ago

The timeline would be 30 days for design, & same for art afterwards. A fair estimate on the above is all I will say towards a designer & artist from pinball past. The budget for 1 is $100k US & only in play this month if the one person is found.

This assumes the design is done after 30 days. You forgot to add the effect of the constant revisions to your plan.

A famous designer said, it's easy to make a design, but maybe 1 in 100 will be fun.

#642 1 year ago

Unless something changes & I find a lone rich whale. Likely Plan B will be a scaled back version for only 3 buyers at $10k US. I will reach out to the Trailer Park Boys to get the ok. So that the finished & playable pins are ready for Texas in March 2023. Have a strong believe that the 3 spots will go quickly in August.

You do realize this means you no longer pay your designer. Conversely, this might actually work as a homebrew project if nobody gets paid.

#643 1 year ago

Everyone can learn from Deeproot Pinball, Jpop, Andrew Heighway, Predator, & the many others. That left most people with nothing. Yes I do read most disaster pinball threads from the start, & see how they finally end (some still going on years later).

So John, here's the question you have yet to answer, and its a pretty straightforward one: And you are going to achieve a different outcome than any of these other failed endeavors because ?

1) They had more money that you would (by alot).
    2) They had more experience than you have (even JPOP had to have seen the entire development process from start to finish several times).
    3) They had more time than you do - you are expecting to finish faster than any of these other guys did.
    4) They had larger teams than you do - well that can't be entirely assessed since you refer to these amorphous friends with talent.
    5) They had more success making a NEWLY DESIGNED machine than you have - you haven't ever made one.

And yet you seem to believe against all objective facts that you have some secret sauce, some special ability that will avoid the exact same outcome.

Why is that ?

I used to have an engineer much like yourself, bizarre opinions even with facts directly contradicting their opinions, profound belief in their own talent despite a history of underwhelming delivery. Could talk to them for hours on end and they would just go round and round in circular logic. Reasoned discourse had no place in their lexicon. Eventually had to fire them because I couldn't take it anymore.

#644 1 year ago

OK there is no way this is actually John, his account has been hijacked, because if hes been in pinball this long he knows there's no way this can happen this is a fake troll account, it's gotta be.

#645 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

OK there is no way this is actually John, his account has been hijacked, because if hes been in pinball this long he knows there's no way this can happen this is a fake troll account, it's gotta be.

If you start a poll, please include Otaku as one of the options.

#646 1 year ago

Mods need to ban you before you scam more Pinsiders. Amazed this has continued as long as it has.

You don’t have a license. You can’t solicit for a licensed pin before you have the license. Illegal.

#647 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Mods need to ban you before you scam more Pinsiders. Amazed this has continued as long as it has.
    You don’t have a license. You can’t solicit for a licensed pin before you have the license. Illegal.

It’s all good. Iceman vouches for him.

#648 1 year ago

Wouldn’t it be more preferable to get the TPB approval ASAP? I mean, no license from TPB = the thing dies, right?

#649 1 year ago

John's Beached as Bro

#650 1 year ago

Hold up. What is going to be the 90k difference in the game between the whale version (100k) and the mini whale (10k)?

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/13?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.