Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 213.
    #6851 1 year ago

Any lip readers on how the call from Coach went?

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    #6852 1 year ago
    Quoted from cliff_clavin:

Finally! GWJ has a sense of urgency.....

I read it as Iceman getting frustrated with the slow pace of the build, wants to speed up and is cracking the whip!

#6853 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

I read it as Iceman getting frustrated with the slow pace of the build, wants to speed up and is cracking the whip!

Only behind the scenes, though. While posting in this thread he will only convey this:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    #6854 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Yes, I should have been more clear that GWJ sense of urgency was a result of iceman's push......

#6855 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:The coach wants to get the build speeded up. He is going to send 2 payments to get this build going faster.

Is money really the problem here ? I’m pretty sure I could have accomplished what John has thus far for about $200 or less.

#6856 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Is money really the problem here ? I’m pretty sure I could have accomplished what John has thus far for about $200 or less.

Skeptical. I don't think you could buy as much beer as John has drunk for $200

#6857 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Skeptical. I don't think you could buy as much beer as John has drunk for $200

As much as we all critique things here and talk about beer consumption, lets get one thing off the board. John does not use ANY of the build money for beer, nickel slots or funeral sub sandwiches. In the early stages of the GFM, John messaged about this and assure no money is used that way.

I 100% believe him.

#6859 1 year ago
    Quoted from cliff_clavin:

Yes, I should have been more clear that GWJ sense of urgency was a result of iceman's push......

You mean a get your ass in gear call?

#6860 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

The coach wants to get the build speeded up.

It would seem we have the first official change to the plan.

#6861 1 year ago

Thanks for clarifying. Never heard the term before. I seriously thought that funeral sub meant a sub sandwich that was so unhealthy (salami falls into the category unfortunately) that if you ate it every day it would lead to an early grave. Perhaps both are still true.

#6862 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Thanks for clarifying. Never heard the term before. I seriously thought that funeral sub meant a sub sandwich that was so unhealthy (salami falls into the category unfortunately) that if you ate it every day it would lead to an early grave. Perhaps both are still true.

I had never heard of it until this thread either. Makes sense about what they are?

See, there are things we can all learn from this! Go GWJ!

#6863 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

or not

#6864 1 year ago

The coach wants to get the build speeded up.

Unless the plan was always for coach in mid October to push for an acceleration of the pace of the plan established by the plan itself, then we have a plan change.

#6865 1 year ago

Unless the plan was always for coach in mid October to push for an acceleration of the pace of the plan established by the plan itself, then we have a plan change.

If the plan is the plan is the plan, then by definition this is the plan. There is no such thing as a change in the plan. The plan is like the multiverse, it by definition encompasses all possibilities. In one alternate universe GWJ has already finished the entire game 4 months ahead of time and Elwin is jealous. We do not live in that universe. In fact I would submit that even if the goal of TPF was for some reason yanked from the table on our universe’s timeline, it would still be the plan.

#6866 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Any lip readers on how the call from Coach went?
    [quoted image]

Now that’s funny right there.

Actually I really didn’t have a “speed it up” agenda with GWJ.

Just got him what he said he needed.

I have zero concern about the build progress. TPF is John’s goal.

Have another artist contact to reach out to. Mr Norris says that’s last issue. Plenty of time!

#6867 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Mr Norris says that’s last issue.

Are you sure about that? Because another VERY FAMOUS pinball designer says that's the "first issue" .

#6868 1 year ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Are you sure about that? Because another VERY FAMOUS pinball designer says that's the "first issue" .

Maybe last to worry about? Ahhhh. Jpop

Still thinking on how this is going to go

#6869 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Only behind the scenes, though. While posting in this thread he will only convey this:[quoted image]

Actually, I've noticed in some of the other threads, that Iceman seems to be making changes for himself around here. He seems calmer, more on point and not easily ruffled these days. And he does have some good thoughts to share so I'm hoping this will all last.

He and I have a long history like the Hatfields & McCoys. Lately I find I'm not flinching as much when I see that fucking orange cow in my feed.

Doug, your efforts are noticed and appreciated, at least by me.

#6870 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Actually, I've noticed in some of the other threads, that Iceman seems to be making changes for himself around here. He seems calmer, more on point and not easily ruffled these days. And he does have some good thoughts to share so I'm hoping this will all last.
    He and I have a long history like the Hatfields & McCoys. Lately I find I'm not flinching as much when I see that fucking orange steer in my feed.
    His efforts are noticed and appreciated, at least by me.

Thanks Kim. Getting Deeproot behind all of us helps! Should have never gotten so involved in worrying about that BS. Onward and upward!

Believe me, I’m super chill and enjoying the GWJ adventure.

And I’m happy about that Texas epic beat down of OU. Been a LONG time.

#6871 1 year ago

Dogs and cats living together.... Its mass hysteria!!

What just happened???

#6872 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Thanks Kim. Getting Deeproot behind all of us helps! Should have never gotten so involved in worrying about that BS. Onward and upward!
    And I’m happy about that Texas epic beat down of OU. Been a LONG time.

Since this thread is sorta about Texas I will throw this out there.

While I went to Texas A&M, my oldest son is a sophomore at UT Austin and loving it. He plays trumpet in the Longhorn band and is having a blast. We are heading down for the Iowa State game this weekend to watch him march.

Here he is in all his burnt orange glory on ESPN:
    997B753E-A6EF-4375-8D1C-EDFEED27825A (resized).jpeg997B753E-A6EF-4375-8D1C-EDFEED27825A (resized).jpeg

#6873 1 year ago

That sucks. There goes the entertainment.

#6874 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I had never heard of it until this thread either. Makes sense about what they are?
    See, there are things we can all learn from this! Go GWJ!

You dont need a funeral to enjoy a tasty sandwich.

Often they are served "here" in bars during happy hour.

Kinda like an alternative to hot dogs.

#6875 1 year ago

Just got home & the money is there as always. Time to speed things up & everything for the most part is going as planned. Beer count tonight was 8, got a poverty government check. So the wife bought 4 Bud tall boys just in case there was no more beer besides her lonely can. Got her another suitcase (36) so everything is fine on the home front. Played some more Xenon with a team member, & still got our ass kicked.

#6876 1 year ago

Just got home & the money is there as always. Time to speed things up & everything for the most part is going as planned. Beer count tonight was 8, got a poverty government check. So the wife bought 4 Bud tall boys just in case there was no more beer besides her lonely can. Got her another suitcase (36) so everything is fine on the home front. Played some more Xenon with a team member, & still got our ass kicked.

Speaking of Xenon, my restoration was completed last weekend:

441CA9EB-F628-4DB7-8423-47B88F90C366 (resized).jpeg441CA9EB-F628-4DB7-8423-47B88F90C366 (resized).jpeg
    #6877 1 year ago

Very nice Xenon. The 2 Bally games in have bad contacts & connectors.

#6878 1 year ago

At this pace you'll have the machine wrapped up in a month.

#6879 1 year ago

everything for the most part is going as planned.

Wow, in 3 months of following this thread, the “for the most part” qualification is the most hesitant I have ever seen GWJ. Maybe the winds really are a changin.

#6880 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Wow, in 3 months of following this thread, the “for the most part” qualification is the most hesitant I have ever seen GWJ. Maybe the winds really are a changin.

Noticed that as well. First sign of concern, betting things pick up soon.

#6881 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Real estate in Austin is INSANE btw, holy crap!

That's even with median prices having come down over $100K this summer. Also, those two of his houses are located in a primo location. About 10 minutes away you can get twice the house (still too small for a real pin collection) for the same price.

#6882 1 year ago

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned the cabinet….as in where is it? Has it been contracted out?

GWJ could be sanding, painting and prepping it for decals in his down time. (Like HEP, sorta but not really)

Get the cabinet made!

Cheers,

#6883 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

You dont need a funeral to enjoy a tasty sandwich.
    Often they are served "here" in bars during happy hour.
    Kinda like an alternative to hot dogs.

Is a hotdog really a sandwich tho?!

#6884 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

This has been long debated, however there is a current consensus:

"Even the language experts have issued a verdict: Merriam-Webster came down definitively on the side of yes, a hot dog IS a sandwich, because “the definition of sandwich is 'two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between".

Still there is some uncertanty of whether the hotdog itself is actually food...

#6885 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Depends on if it’s served at a funeral

#6886 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

This has been long debated, however there is a current consensus:
    "Even the language experts have issued a verdict: Merriam-Webster came down definitively on the side of yes, a hot dog IS a sandwich, because “the definition of sandwich is 'two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between".
    Still there is some uncertanty of whether the hotdog itself is actually food...

I disagree, hot dog isn’t a sandwich. By their definition croissant sandwiches wouldn’t be sandwiches (it’s a pastry) but a hot dog is?
    Slippery slope.

#6887 1 year ago

Pop machine is on, got my first beer in hand (Olands), & moved my chair even closer to the beer for Fall & Winter build.

Alas, the post # 6666 breadcrumb comes to pass. The project has been accelerated.

As we learned from Woodward & Bernstein in their book from an alternate universe---All The Pinsider's Men: "Follow the beer chair." ;>

#6888 1 year ago

Enjoy my life at the numerous bars if I can afford it, nickel bets at times for amusement since I rarely win, & looking for cheap discount food.

#greatwichquote

#6889 1 year ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Since this thread is sorta about Texas I will throw this out there.
    While I went to Texas A&M, my oldest son is a sophomore at UT Austin and loving it. He plays trumpet in the Longhorn band and is having a blast. We are heading down for the Iowa State game this weekend to watch him march.
    Here he is in all his burnt orange glory on ESPN:
    [quoted image]

Roll Tide

#6890 1 year ago

So the wife bought 4 Bud tall boys just in case there was no more beer besides her lonely can. Got her another suitcase (36) so everything is fine on the home front.

Maybe more beer is the answer to all the marital issues in this country

#6891 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I disagree, hot dog isn’t a sandwich. By their definition croissant sandwiches wouldn’t be sandwiches (it’s a pastry) but a hot dog is?
    Slippery slope.

what about this?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #6892 1 year ago

or this. This is still called a hot dog.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #6893 1 year ago

My brother is not into owning or playing pinball in Austin unless I am there. There is no rush to have a cabinet built until December at the earliest. The coach has fast tracked more money to get this project moving. The total invested so far: $4k USD + some beer money $400 USD. 2nd order of Pinball Life stuff late this week, & 3rd Pinball Life order maybe late next week. Other stuff being ordered, & pop machine still full of beer. Already had my $1 mac & cheese for breakfast, some other stuff for my meals today, & I do not eat all the sweets at once. No panic here by me or the coach on the build time frame.

IMG_0063 (resized).JPGIMG_0063 (resized).JPG

#6894 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Quoting this for emphasis.

The TPF deadline is what is making people insane. But if this thread simply turned into a deadline free homebrew build, it would die off as well. lol.

#6895 1 year ago

The total invested so far: $4k USD + some beer money $400

so .... 10% beer surcharge on the build

#6896 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

It's a Greatwich.

#6897 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

so .... 10% beer surcharge on the build

More like a 10% tip. Kinda cheap for todays economy.

#6898 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

what about this?[quoted image]

I could be a billionaire and I would still eat a hot dog sandwich ANY day of the week.

2 slices of bread, toasted, 2 split and fried hot dogs, 2 slices of American cheese, and thin slice of raw onion!

Love it!

#6899 1 year ago

Other stuff being ordered, & pop machine still full of beer.

All part of the plan.

#6900 1 year ago

What's parts do you have now (or is on its way) for those 4000 dollar?

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/138?hl=rezdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.