Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 213.
    #6701 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Why the haters would just say the money is only for beer & no game would be made. Listen I could be living on the tracks in a tent like many homeless people. Not complaining about my financial situation, & plan on leaving this life with no savings. Enjoy your life, & live it the way you want. I will continue to enjoy drinking beer until my Doctor has serious concerns.

It seems so simple yet these wise guys just have no idea John! Keep on keepin on and enjoy your life. It might not be on par with how they choose to live their lives, but I don't understand how you trying to enjoy yourself is so detrimental to their well being. I'm pretty sure you have the 6'2 165lb guy pulling his last few hairs out! Keep it up! Only a couple downvoters left . Although im sure rarehero would downvote just about anything at this point! Alllll part of the plan!

#6702 1 year ago

Trying to figure out another term for my number one fan here. What is the term for no soup for you, but anyone else still has the chance to get some.

#6703 1 year ago

Why the haters would just say the money is only for beer & no game would be made. Listen I could be living on the tracks in a tent like many homeless people. Not complaining about my financial situation, & plan on leaving this life with no savings. Enjoy your life, & live it the way you want. I will continue to enjoy drinking beer until my Doctor has serious concerns.

No John. I'm not talking about what people think. I'm talking about getting ahead in life. I drink tons of beer. But I also kick ass at my job and make money to take care of my family first.

I love your "live life" attitude. But passing on free funding to build your dream makes no sense.

#6704 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

No John. I'm not talking about what people think. I'm talking about getting ahead in life. I drink tons of beer. But I also kick ass at my job and make money to take care of my family first.
    I love your "live life" attitude. But passing on free funding to build your dream makes no sense.

Well if you follow this thread I think the coach was the way to go, or it dies.

#6705 1 year ago

John, 100% agreed.

#6706 1 year ago

If I follow this thread? I was the one who resurrected this thread from the ashes of the dump heap.

And I will say this... Unless you change your normal day to day routine with only a casual attempt at building this machine it will never never ever be close to done by march. You need to spend 8-10 hours a day, every day, on this if it is too be finished by then

#6707 1 year ago

You guys keep pushing for common sense, something John is unable to provide. Please try to empathize.

#6708 1 year ago

Game will be built in the timeline stated way to many times.

#6709 1 year ago

You won't even have your working whitewood by Oct 31 as you stated you would.

#6710 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

You won't even have your working whitewood by Oct 31 as you stated you would.

X2. You could be working on the cabinet but that is put off until December? Why don't you work on things you can while you're held up on other people's time frames?

None of this makes sense....

#6711 1 year ago

Even IF this thing is somewhat playable by March, what is the plan on getting it to Texas? We know THE COACH is liable for the fees involved, but what's the plan? (LOL.....see what I did there) Is there a bus it can ride from Halifax to Texas? Train? Hire an Uber?

#6712 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

X2. You could be working on the cabinet but that is put off until December? Why don't you work on things you can while you're held up on other people's time frames?
    None of this makes sense....

To rational thinking, none of it does.

So, let's talk playfield. It has to be precision cnc'd , artwork applied with what I assume John is going to use his direct ink process and clearcoated. This process is weeks and weeks alone. And how many will have to be run to get an acceptable one? This is all after a whitewood has been built, tested and functions as designed, tweeked and retweeked.

20 weeks left of a 26 week build and you can kiss about another week goodbye with all the Holidays in the middle of it.

N.F.W. the plan is nothing more than fantasy at this point. Rub a fucking lamp.

Any of the rah rah's left are nothing more than the band playing while the Titanic continues to sink.

#6713 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

It seems so simple yet these clowns just have no idea John! Keep on keepin on and enjoy your life. It might not be on par with how they choose to live their lives, but I don't understand how you trying to enjoy yourself is so detrimental to their well being. I'm pretty sure you have the 6'2 165lb guy pulling his last few hairs out! Keep it up! Only a couple downvoters left . Although im sure rarehero would downvote just about anything at this point! Alllll part of the plan!

titanic-band-plays-on (resized).jpgtitanic-band-plays-on (resized).jpg
    #6714 1 year ago

If I was Jon Norris I'd want to be as far from this project as I could. I guess washed up pinball guys are hanging onto every thread in an attempt to keep their names alive, no matter how ridiculous.

#6715 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

If I was Jon Norris I'd want to be as far from this project as I could. I guess washed up pinball guys are hanging onto every thread in an attempt to keep their names alive, no matter how ridiculous.

I dunno - the alternative of John making up shit in his head about being black listed and continuing to repeat it / bring it up over and over if you deny a request to provide parts or a service (even if thru no fault of your own / supply problems) is almost just as shitty as being involved with this failing project.

#6716 1 year ago

No it won't and you're already making excuses by starting to blame others.

#6717 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Oh i know, trust me. I saw my friends claw machine take in $30 in about 5 minutes. They won a buck fifty in prizes. He isnt running a charity lol

Thread derail incoming: can someone point me to cheap claw game prizes? I have one housed at a legit non-profit and would like them to become net positive (to help offset other costs…)

#6718 1 year ago

OMG, I’m blacklisted too. Went to their website and it showed out of stock. Bet it wouldn’t have been out of stock if it wasn’t for my comments in the Homepin thread. Damn Homepin !

50DD7E5C-5F5B-40AA-842A-D463D254168A (resized).png50DD7E5C-5F5B-40AA-842A-D463D254168A (resized).png
    #6719 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

This is tough , but I have to agree here about distancing. This whole project goes sideways and we all know where finger pointing will go and won't go. Jon doesn't need to be any part of that. I wouldn't consider Jon washed up. The man is attempting a comeback.

Honestly, it should be thank you for using my design, here you go, enjoy, but my involvement is complete.

#6720 1 year ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Thread derail incoming: can someone point me to cheap claw game prizes? I have one housed at a legit non-profit and would like them to become net positive (to help offset other costs…)

Crack for kids.
    The 750/500ct cases have been out of stock often since the pandemic but I've always had better earnings with the emoji and licensed stuff anyway.

https://www.rinovelty.com/SearchByKeyword?keyword=5%22%20knobby%20ball

https://www.rinovelty.com/SearchByKeyword?keyword=5%22%20vinyl%20ball

#6721 1 year ago

What is the big deal about being one of the only people black listed from Fast Pinball. Aaron is not going to lose any sleep about telling me & the coach to look elsewhere. I am sure anyone else can readily buy Fast Pinball product when it comes back in stock. Not a victim, happy to give Gerry some support at Multimorphic. My brother & I had a visit to Gerry at his house way back when P3 was something new. Very nice guy, & I am sure Aaron & the Fast Pinball team are the same. Never met any of them, & maybe I will in Texas 2023.

John, your are not blacklisted.

Please stop mentioning me or my company in your thread. I wince every time I get a PM or a text saying "GWJ is posting about you again..."

FAST Pinball does not have a blacklist.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

Ps: FAST Pinball does not have a blacklist.

#6722 1 year ago

Lots of pretty rough words being spoken in this normally odd but mostly friendly thread tonight.

GWJ - please drop the issue regarding allegedly being blacklisted or whatever for a board set. Such discussion is clearly creating much animosity. No one is telling you how to feel, but you are building up some animosity here with the topic. You appear to take glee in ignoring obvious comments from people (like don’t call whales whales, they don’t like it)…but in this case you are really running FAST and Haggis both through the mud and that is not a good look for you.

You say you need help from lost of people. Who is going to want to work with someone that bad mouths other industry people? Try and stay your jovial self…

#6723 1 year ago
    Quoted from fastpinball:

Please stop mentioning me or my company in your thread. I wince every time I get a PM or a text saying "GWJ is posting about you again..."
    FAST Pinball does not have a blacklist.
    Aaron
    FAST Pinball
    Ps: FAST Pinball does not have a blacklist.

I don’t think anyone would blame you for starting one…

#6724 1 year ago

OK I am not wanted as a customer by guess who, but every other person is ok. No big deal, move forward with Multimorphic. The coach & myself are good on the build schedule. Jon Norris is not concerned with money going to his charity. Maybe he joins the party in Texas. The coach is keeping quiet with the shit show playing out. More stuff from Pinball Life later this week, along with the system I can actually buy. There is no big deal, stuff out of stock like the 48 volt power supply from Fast Pinball is available elsewhere. If you think that is false have a search.

#6725 1 year ago

OK I am not wanted as a customer by guess who, but every other person is ok. No big deal, move forward with Multimorphic. The coach & myself are good on the build schedule. Jon Norris is not concerned with money going to his charity. Maybe he joins the party in Texas. The coach is keeping quiet with the shit show playing out. More stuff from Pinball Life later this week, along with the system I can actually buy. There is no big deal, stuff out of stock like the 48 volt power supply from Fast Pinball is available elsewhere. If you think that is false have a search.

What would it take for you to ever change your mind about anything? You literally have the person you repeatedly accuse of blacklisting you telling you that he is not blacklisting you or anyone. And yet you simply cannot admit you are wrong and stop propagating what are at best "misconceptions" and at worse straight up lies.

I'm quickly finding this thread less charming because you straight up refuse to cut out your blacklist bullshit. Do you care at all that you are creating problems for Fast Pinball by continuing to perpetuate a false narrative that you have been told OVER AND OVER by everyone on this thread has zero basis in fact? Do you care even the tiniest bit about the impact your words and claims have on anyone else? All I see is poor perpetually victimized John having zero qualms about victimizing others.

#6726 1 year ago

Let’s not attack John. We have seen what is going on for some time now. I have no god damn idea what it is exactly but it is what it is. March will come soon enough and nothing we say will change the way we get there. The way she goes boys.

#6727 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

What would it take for you to ever change your mind about anything? You literally have the person you repeatedly accuse of blacklisting you telling you that he is not blacklisting you or anyone. And yet you simply cannot admit you are wrong and stop propagating what are at best "misconceptions" and at worse straight up lies.
    I'm quickly finding this thread less charming because you straight up refuse to cut out your blacklist bullshit. Do you care at all that you are creating problems for Fast Pinball by continuing to perpetuate a false narrative that you have been told OVER AND OVER by everyone on this thread has zero basis in fact? Do you care even the tiniest bit about the impact your words and claims have on anyone else? All I see is poor perpetually victimized John having zero qualms about victimizing others.

Do you honestly believe that ANYTHING john says about not being able to use this aaron guy's product (for whatever reasons) will have any amount of negative repercussions that would prohibit any of you guys from using fast products in the future? Didn't think so! Nobody is forcing any of you to click on this thread everyday and share your opinions! I find it interesting that with all the pinball manufacturers being bashed on pinside for their build quality, customer service and price gouging that this warrants a public warning from a moderator- who also adds in his own personal digs and unnecessary comments on this project!

#6728 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:Do you honestly believe that ANYTHING john says about not being able to use this aaron guy's product (for whatever reasons) will have any amount of negative repercussions that would prohibit any of you guys from using fast products in the future? Didn't think so! Nobody is forcing any of you to click on this thread everyday and share your opinions! I find it interesting that with all the pinball manufacturers being bashed on pinside for their build quality, customer service and price gouging that this warrants a public warning from a moderator- who also adds in his own personal digs and unnecessary comments on this project!

Quoted from fastpinball:

Here's an interesting thing you may have never considered: there exist people in the world who care about the impact on others even if it doesn't impact them directly. I'm no homebrewer or prospective FAST customer and yet I still think it sucks that John relentlessly makes false, negative comments about FAST and Aaron's business practices.

#6729 1 year ago

What would it take for you to ever change your mind about anything?

Unfortunately the answer is he would not change his mind about anything. This thread is the shrine to that observation. John has a belief structure that remains impenetrable. No fact, no threat, no consequence, no revelation will ever change that. When objective fact contravenes his already formed opinion, at best an explanation will be created to shovel away the failure of reality to conform to his belief. If his doctor became concerned about his alcohol consumption (the litmus test he has held up many times), another would be found, as the first must have been somehow contaminated by having read this forum.

This thread used to frustrate me because of this. Then I realized I am just wasting energy trying to change his unchangeable mind. Now I sit back and enjoy the ride to see where blind faith leads one. There must be a kind of peace being this self assured,

#6730 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Unfortunately the answer is he would not change his mind about anything. This thread is the shrine to that observation. John has a belief structure that remains impenetrable. No fact, no threat, no consequence, no revelation will ever change that. When objective fact contravenes his already formed opinion, at best an explanation will be created to shovel away the failure of reality to conform to his belief. If his doctor became concerned about his alcohol consumption (the litmus test he has held up many times), another would be found, as the first must have been somehow contaminated by having read this forum.
    This thread used to frustrate me because of this. Then I realized I am just wasting energy trying to change his unchangeable mind. Now I sit back and enjoy the ride to see where blind faith leads one. There must be a kind of peace being this self assured,

If he was a lot richer he could run for office.

#6731 1 year ago
    zzzzzzzzzzzzGRAY6wdfh1 (resized).jpgzzzzzzzzzzzzGRAY6wdfh1 (resized).jpg
    #6732 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Do you honestly believe that ANYTHING john says about not being able to use this aaron guy's product (for whatever reasons) will have any amount of negative repercussions that would prohibit any of you guys from using fast products in the future? Didn't think so! Nobody is forcing any of you to click on this thread everyday and share your opinions! I find it interesting that with all the pinball manufacturers being bashed on pinside for their build quality, customer service and price gouging that this warrants a public warning from a moderator- who also adds in his own personal digs and unnecessary comments on this project!

I am no longer sure on who is
    more ignorant, you or John.

#6733 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I am no longer sure on who is
    more ignorant, you or John.

“Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?”

- Obi-Wan Kenobi

#6734 1 year ago

I'm quickly finding this thread less charming because you straight up refuse to cut out your blacklist bullshit.

I'm here for now but quickly realizing Ben Heck and Levi knew what they were doing in leaving. And it's more than just the Blacklist bullshit for me.

#6735 1 year ago

As for the pinball project here waiting on the Pinball Life order to continue on with the panel board. Beer count Sunday was 11. Had one of the team members here last night enjoying beer & playing Xenon that kicked our ass.

#6736 1 year ago

Greatwichjohn

Not only does your comment fly in the face of a moderator warning, it's just flat out sad.

Any goodwill you had at the beginning of this journey is or has been squandered.
    I'm beginning to believe this thread might eventually be shut down, but it won't be Iceman you can blame. It will be your own doing.

And if it does get shut down, I would encourage Beechwood to begin another thread in March when TPF begins and your self-imposed deadline hits.

#6737 1 year ago

To each his own, more to a story line then people read into it. Got a operating system on the way.

#6738 1 year ago

To each his own, more to a story line then people read into it. Got a operating system on the way.

Ok, great. You have your final say on this and now move on.

How about getting back to the beer and the plan?

#6739 1 year ago

Since this machine is basically going to be an early 80’s style Stern with numeric scoring then why not just use those old boards? The 6800 is easy to program and if you are using LED’s then throw an Alltek lamp driver in it; all these boards are readily available!

#6740 1 year ago

Guess what I am back from another local bar that knows my name.

Is that supposed to be a badge of honor?

#6741 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Because you are NOT blacklisted. You are borderline slandering him and his business by continually saying so. If you keep it up, don't be surprised when others involved with this build, decide they do not want to deal or be involved with this kind of bullshit either

actually libel not slander

#6742 1 year ago

Back to the build. It is good he has an operating system coming. But it is bad he only has a ball trough and 6 brittle stand ups to control at this point.

I hope the pace of the build picks up before the circling vultures start to feast more heavily on one another...

#6743 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

actually libel not slander

I think you are right on this one. Libel is written/published and slander is verbal

#6744 1 year ago

It has been mentioned that that iceman44 is lining up the artist. Seems to me like there is a fair amount of artwork required for a pinball (cabinet, backglass, playfield). Given that this is commissioned artwork that must fit the requirements of both the physical space and Doug's wants, what would one expect to pay and how long would it take? I assume drawn art would be much more expensive than 'clip art', so what would the delta be? (Perhaps zombieyeti can chime in based on his initial work with JPop.)

#6745 1 year ago

Everyday it’s the same handful of people who want to argue at John like he’s suddenly about to become rational.

Quoted from Mr68:

I'm here for now but quickly realizing Ben Heck and Levi knew what they were doing in leaving. And it's more than just the Blacklist bullshit for me.

Quoted from benheck:

I feel at this point we're all poking sticks at a confused old man, and watching him spin around and babble for our amusement.

Once you accept John is going to John, the conversation becomes less aggravating. It's about the journey. It's about the will overcoming the gauntlet of decisions and problems in building a pinball machine, sprinkled with the everyday foibles of a broke pensioner living on the mean streets of Nova Scotia.

Most of us kinda know what the end product will look like by March. Then it's just some of you wanting to argue amongst yourselves...

The blacklist stuff is annoying. You can only hope John is pulling our leg a bit. But at this point, I think arguing about it is pointless. He made up in his mind what happened.

I stick around because I like pinball and don't necessarily want John to fail at it. I'm also ok with when he does what he wants to...

#6746 1 year ago

My guess is that Ice has already approached zombieyeti regarding this project and he didn't want to touch it with a 10 foot pole.

#6747 1 year ago

The coach has not told me anything about his choices towards artist. One guy reached out to say he mentioned his artist friend who has not done pinball work before. I would guess the coach reached out to 2 or more so far. From the start Jon Norris did not want to offer any leads towards a artist, & we honored that. As for why not go with Alltek & the 6800 series. A lot more wiring involved, & I never got into the code. I buy lots of products from many different vendors over the years. Wanted to go with a modern platform, & ended up the journey with Multimorphic.
    Just got back from McD for my senior medium coffee. Got free entertainment from the young panhandlers plying their trade on the street. A bunch of guys & the lone woman was a hell raiser. Very interesting stories, & they are very aggressive towards others taking up their prime spots on the street. Their eating & drinking habits make mine pale in relation. Had one guy go on that he passed out after taking a pill with liquor. His friends thought he was sleeping. Know I can see why the majority of people use drive thru, & avoid certain people.

#6748 1 year ago

It's officially been 60 days, so now I can openly discuss an offer that was made to me that I declined.

As you all know, I offered John the GoFundMe to fund a build for one of his trailer park games. We all know how that went . Shortly after that I was approached by another Pinsider to go 50-50 on John's mini whale proposition. He offered to allow me to control and distribute the funds as I deemed necessary. He also wanted 1st right to buy my half out if the machine turned out be of a quality.

With this, now you guys know why I was so animate and critical early on about John's constant shifts in what kind of a game was actually being built for 10 grand. Ultimately, I declined the offer and was asked not to mention it until 60 days had passed just in case others wanted to start fishing for who the other half was.

Obviously between the GoFundMe and the 50/50 offer I was very close to this build at one time. I think this is why I personally hold John accountable for so much of the bullshit. In the long run, and just watching how all of this has unfolded, I 100% made the right decision.

He now has 6 weeks of nothing to show for but the blame game with ZERO accountability.

If the other pinsider wants to come forward at this point, it's up to them.

#6749 1 year ago

Thought I was not suppose to bring up the go fund me, & do not remember a time line. We need more entertainment here. Still did not think it would of been funded fully in the the Fall or by xmas like I have stated. Still never looked into the go fund me process, & I still do not care. A few people were mentioned, & likely they may want to remain silent, or not. Who knows the saga continues, the plan is still going on, & Texas March 2023. The coach might have a VIP list to his drinking party in either Austin, or Dallas at TPF.

#6750 1 year ago

Thought I was not suppose to bring up the go fund me, & do not remember a time line. We need more entertainment here. Still did not think it would of been funded fully in the the Fall or by xmas like I have stated. Still never looked into the go fund me process, & I still do not care. A few people were mentioned, & likely they may want to remain silent, or not. Who knows the saga continues, the plan is still going on, & Texas March 2023. The coach might have a VIP list to his drinking party in either Austin, or Dallas at TPF.

Please, get your head out of your ass.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/135?hl=rezdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.