Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 213.
    #6251 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Ed said he does not go on Pinside. I briefly mentioned the project to him. Celebrating 2 years of my City pension, 1 year into my personal bankruptcy of 2 years, & not being dead! Got myself a sandwich platter for the day since I have not gone to any funerals during Covid. 2 weeks of this cold, & hopefully it is over this week. Got to 2 Bally pins to upgrade & get reliable with new Alltek boards for another Barcade I do service work for. Spent Thursday evening having my 3 cheap beers at The Local. Talked with the owner who operates a Tetris that I got upgraded after being dead for 5+ years. Still no personal sightings of the boys (TPB), since I am still on a Do Not Contact email from their license company. But I keep meeting more people that know the actors.
    This week, maybe Monday I will be searching out steel fabricator shops to get the custom guide rails done, & there will be custom side rails! I suggested to the coach that maybe the upper one you see becomes the border wall. Get a vinyl graphic printed & applied. Lots of ideas floated with the coach about the build. Pop machine is on, maybe some of the team members visit today. A holiday here in Canada, not allowed to say what it is.
    [quoted image]

"Got myself a sandwich platter for the day since I have not gone to any funerals during Covid"

This is interesting. Is there a relevance between sandwich platters and funerals around that area? Or is that a celebration meal?

#6252 1 year ago

Ed said he does not go on Pinside. I briefly mentioned the project to him. Celebrating 2 years of my City pension, 1 year into my personal bankruptcy of 2 years, & not being dead! Got myself a sandwich platter for the day since I have not gone to any funerals during Covid. 2 weeks of this cold, & hopefully it is over this week. Got to 2 Bally pins to upgrade & get reliable with new Alltek boards for another Barcade I do service work for. Spent Thursday evening having my 3 cheap beers at The Local. Talked with the owner who operates a Tetris that I got upgraded after being dead for 5+ years. Still no personal sightings of the boys (TPB), since I am still on a Do Not Contact email from their license company. But I keep meeting more people that know the actors.
    This week, maybe Monday I will be searching out steel fabricator shops to get the custom guide rails done, & there will be custom side rails! I suggested to the coach that maybe the upper one you see becomes the border wall. Get a vinyl graphic printed & applied. Lots of ideas floated with the coach about the build. Pop machine is on, maybe some of the team members visit today. A holiday here in Canada, not allowed to say what it is.
    [quoted image]

Eating discounted egg, chicken and tuna salad??? All on one sandwich? You ARE a gambling man!

Now I know why you drink so much. You need the alcohol to clean out that iron tank of yours from some of the shit you eat.

Public works must love you....

#6253 1 year ago

Now you are trying to tell us you are a Clopper??? Oh boy....

#6254 1 year ago

This week, maybe Monday I will be searching out steel fabricator shops to get the custom guide rails done, & there will be custom side rails!

How long will it take from identifying a supplier to get the rails in hand do you think this will take?

#6255 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

"Got myself a sandwich platter for the day since I have not gone to any funerals during Covid"
    This is interesting. Is there a relevance between sandwich platters and funerals around that area? Or is that a celebration meal?

fat dude (resized).jpgfat dude (resized).jpg
    #6256 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Or do we just continue to hand out ribbons for 18 place?

Bingo! There should be a Participation trophy mode in this game where the game suddenly stops and all players have the same score!
    Better yet, this game should have no scoring! That would make Johns job easier, and nobody would ever lose when playing!
    Or not...

Ok I get your other points, it is getting harder to see this finishing in the timeline, but does it really matter that much at this point?

Just trying to stay positive. I think he's going to get there.
    It may not make the timeline, it may take a year not six months, but this game maybe will be made, or not, and be at a show somewhere!

Or it dies is no longer an option!!!

#6257 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

How long will it take from identifying a supplier to get the rails in hand do you think this will take?

The first one contacted is a local shop that has already done numerous pinball side rails in stainless. Nothing custom so far like the game title or maybe Texas symbols. As for the sandwiches this is usually what you get served at the reception after a funeral, along with numerous sweets.

#6258 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Now you are trying to tell us you are a Clopper??? Oh boy....

what's with the need to crap on others?
    I would be happy to upvote all your comments if you need that

#6259 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

what's with the need to crap on others?
    I would be happy to upvote all your comments if you need that

You started this shit with your pot meet kettle and you are asking me my need to crap on others? The only person I crap on is Dee Bow. They guy has some sort of personal crusade of righteousness and likes to follow people around here on Pinside and downvote for ridiculous reasons. It's along the lines of internet stalking.

Are YOU and Dee Bow the "all that's good" crusaders here? I am sorry you cannot handle reality.

#6260 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

You started this shit with your pot meet kettle and you are asking me my need to crap on others? The only person I crap on is Dee Bow. They guy has some sort of personal crusade of righteousness and likes to follow people around here on Pinside and downvote for ridiculous reasons. It's along the lines of internet stalking.
    Are YOU and Dee Bow the "all that's good" crusaders here? I am sorry you cannot handle reality.

so .... yes to the upvotes?

#6261 1 year ago

so .... yes to the upvotes?

Do whatever you need to do. But don't call me out and then blame ME for YOUR actions.

#6262 1 year ago

Imagine caring about down votes. Just turn them off.

#6263 1 year ago

Start upvoting out of spite, that'll show him about abusing fake internet points.

#6264 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Imagine caring about down votes. Just turn them off.

It's funny, I really don't care. The thing is we have a member on this board that follows several of us around here and on other threads and downvotes us for everything and anything.

That's all.

#6265 1 year ago

There's no crusade. You can stop with the private messages too. We are all here to enjoy the journey of a community member and him finding some enjoyment in his life. He's never ripped off or scammed anyone as you previously mentioned. Nobody cares about your constant negative criticism and attitude. Honestly, you're acting like a persistent childhood bully who isn't getting the other kids to turn on John the way you hoped. And offering to send him money to be a douche bag on the internet or buy him a beer in Texas if he succeeds seems about as asinine as humans get. Luckily for you John is a great guy because I'm sure many other people would of told you to shove your courtesy beers up your ass already. You don't get to be a complete goof on here then just offer a monetary apology after to make it ok. The downvotes represent the shame and contrite you can't admit that you obviously feel. Go be better or just go away.. or don't

#6266 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

There's no crusade. You can stop with the private messages too. We are all here to enjoy the journey of a community member and him finding some enjoyment in his life. He's never ripped off or scammed anyone as you previously mentioned. Nobody cares about your constant negative criticism and attitude. Honestly, you're acting like a persistent childhood bully who isn't getting the other kids to turn on John the way you hoped. And offering to send him money to be a douche bag on the internet or buy him a beer in Texas if he succeeds seems about as asinine as humans get. Luckily for you John is a great guy because I'm sure many other people would of told you to shove your courtesy beers up your ass already. You don't get to be a complete goof on here then just offer monetary apology after to make it ok. The downvotes represent the shame and contrite you can't admit that you obviously feel. Go be better or just go away.. or don't

The anger is strong with this one...

#6267 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

And offering to send him money to be a douche bag on the internet ...

Please, any and all people who want to be a douche bag on the internet may send me money. I will help further your cause!

#6268 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

The anger is strong with this one...

I'm good boss! Although i did receive another private message in the time it took to type that!

#6269 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Ok I get your other points, it is getting harder to see this finishing in the timeline, but does it really matter that much at this point?

Just trying to stay positive. I think he's going to get there.
    It may not make the timeline, it may take a year not six months, but this game maybe will be made, or not, and be at a show somewhere!

Or it dies is no longer an option!!!

I too think something will get done. Just not in the timeline or with some of the ridiculousness he has presented. Like I have said, his tenacity is 2nd to none. I really hope it's for Expo 2023, that's my hometown show. I seriously hope he realizes his dream of building this machine. But Texas by March 2023? Sorry, no way. I am not going to encourage a failure with false rah rah.

This is not hate or trying to bring John down. This is just reality based on experience by many others in the industry.

#6270 1 year ago

OK so screw the beer count, I want a count of how many times you dutch oven your wife after a day of eating discount salad sandwhiches and a night of drinking cheap draft beer!

#6271 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

There's no crusade. You can stop with the private messages too. We are all here to enjoy the journey of a community member and him finding some enjoyment in his life. He's never ripped off or scammed anyone as you previously mentioned. Nobody cares about your constant negative criticism and attitude. Honestly, you're acting like a persistent childhood bully who isn't getting the other kids to turn on John the way you hoped. And offering to send him money to be a douche bag on the internet or buy him a beer in Texas if he succeeds seems about as asinine as humans get. Luckily for you John is a great guy because I'm sure many other people would of told you to shove your courtesy beers up your ass already. You don't get to be a complete goof on here then just offer a monetary apology after to make it ok. The downvotes represent the shame and contrite you can't admit that you obviously feel. Go be better or just go away.. or don't

Mods told me to take it to PM. Need to know your need to stalk me with your self righteousness.

As usual, you seriously have no clue or comprehension of reality.

#6272 1 year ago

I never pay attention to the voting system here. The coach has many ideas & understands the low overhead. How you can start with 1 pinball machine which is the Hard One, & the retheme more brings the costs down. Glad to have him as the mini whale investor.

#6273 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Start upvoting out of spite, that'll show him about abusing fake internet points.

Not out of spite, but out of compassion.
    If the guy cares so much about upvotes I am here to oblige

#6274 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

OK so screw the beer count, I want a count of how many times you dutch oven your wife after a day of eating discount salad sandwhiches and a night of drinking cheap draft beer!

Thought that was some sexual saying about how much sex I have with my wife. Glad I looked it up, not the case. As for the real build time of only 5 months before Texas, that is very doable. Remember it is only 1 or a few needing to be finished in that time line for a Stern quality pinball machine (Old Stern to Modern Stern, my guess is something in between along the lines going with Jon Norris single playfield with no ramps).
    Had the egg sandwiches for breakfast, just had the tuna for lunch, & maybe you guys are right (jump on the throne for round #2).

Homebrood gets first credit on game rules.
    Bingo! There should be a Participation trophy mode in this game where the game suddenly stops and all players have the same score!
    You got it, the coach already knows it will be a timed game. Each player gets a minimum 222 seconds, next level is 444 seconds, & game ends at 666 seconds. The game will start with a ball launched every 5 seconds for 60 seconds at the start of Ball 1. Have all scores of 666,666,666 for max game. You can join the 666 club!

#6275 1 year ago

a ball launched every 5 seconds for 60 seconds at the start of Ball 1.

"60% of the time, it works every time"

#6276 1 year ago

& game ends at 666 seconds.. Have all scores of 666,666,666

Well, this theme just took a dark turn...

#6277 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Well, this theme just took a dark turn...

The coach is ok with it, & I do not need a mass buying market for other mini whales. Maybe it will shorten the line up for play! For Texas the max game time will likely be 222. Keep the line quick & have only 1 player game only! Do not want to get some people upset, or not! Some people will likely be offended by any pinball machine I roll out.

#6278 1 year ago

The timed game is a really good idea! My panic mode sets in when i have to hit a scoop or saucer to re-lite the multiball or complete a mode as the clock counts down. To start the game off under that pressure will definitely get people's arm hairs standing!

#6279 1 year ago

Starting the weekend early. Beer #1 Olands. Here is the pop fridge full of beer donated by the coach to get things going this month & into October. I filled it up & put a few bottles in myself. It was like a $200 USD beer donation, myself & some of the team are enjoying cold ones! The other barcade had the shelves powder coated for their Coke bottle vendor. Most of us cheap guys do not upgrade the pop machines. Have 1 friend that has his dead one for 7 years, we keep saying just buy another cheap working one (sell the dead one for parts or repair, decoration piece).
    I was a little hard on Haggis Pinball on going silent with Fathom progress in the past. Here is me tipping my hat to their production with some beers, & get this Xenon working. Poor mans Fathom! Never owned any, along with Centaur, & I am a big Bally fanboy.

IMG_0052 (resized).JPGIMG_0052 (resized).JPGIMG_0053 (resized).JPGIMG_0053 (resized).JPG

#6280 1 year ago

Starting the weekend early. Beer #1 Olands. Here is the pop fridge full of beer donated by the coach to get things going this month & into October. I filled it up & put a few bottles in myself. It was like a $200 USD beer donation, myself & some of the team are enjoying cold ones!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

will that last the weekend?

#6281 1 year ago

That machine full of beer is a thing of beauty !

#6282 1 year ago

will that last the weekend?

Yes remember I drink mostly at the bars. The coach had 2 - 48 case of bottle beer previously, this is the last 3 - 48 case. I made up for the cans of Guinness previously so likely the coaches donation lasts 6 - 8 weeks.

#6283 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

That's just Gross! But funny as hell anyway! LOL

#6284 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Caught live on camera!

#6285 1 year ago

My go to cheap draft beer at The Local, The Seahorse is downstairs with the Tetris. Only $4 USD including the tip! Like I say there is usually on street entertainment with the Salvation Army guests. When you think your life might be in the gutter, you find out that it is likely not.
    https://www.beerxchange.com/beer/propeller-brewing-company-horsepower/127531

#6286 1 year ago

222 seconds minimum and 666 seconds maximum seems like a long time for a timer. Minimum almost 4 minutes and max over 11 minutes.

Maybe make the timer tick up once every 0.5 second. Then 222 time units is a little under two minutes of minimum game time, and a max of less than 6 minutes.

Also what happens at 666 seconds? Kill the flippers?

#6287 1 year ago

Yes flippers die, balls drain at 666 seconds.

Time for beer #2

#6288 1 year ago

Thought that was some sexual saying about how much sex I have with my wife. Glad I looked it up, not the case. As for the real build time of only 5 months before Texas, that is very doable. Remember it is only 1 or a few needing to be finished in that time line for a Stern quality pinball machine (Old Stern to Modern Stern, my guess is something in between along the lines going with Jon Norris single playfield with no ramps).
    Had the egg sandwiches for breakfast, just had the tuna for lunch, & maybe you guys are right (jump on the throne for round #2).
    Homebrood gets first credit on game rules.
    You got it, the coach already knows it will be a timed game. Each player gets a minimum 222 seconds, next level is 444 seconds, & game ends at 666 seconds. The game will start with a ball launched every 5 seconds for 60 seconds at the start of Ball 1. Have all scores of 666,666,666 for max game. You can join the 666 club!

Dutch ovens are funny, dutch rudders on the other hand...well you can keep that info to yourself John, I don't even want any breadcrumbs

#6289 1 year ago

Dee Bow and I have buried the hatchet. He says I am a complete fucking goof and I have accepted the nomination. He is also a Canucks fan, and that I cannot help.

#6290 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Dutch ovens are funny, dutch rudders on the other hand...well you can keep that info to yourself John, I don't even want any breadcrumbs

Which hand?

#6291 1 year ago

One month in and what, maybe 3-5% accomplished? You better step up your game and pray that there are absolutely no hiccups along the way. I would love to see your timeline, because I don't know how you expect to have to have a fully built, well playing, coded machine made from scratch in 5 months. I'd love to be proven wrong, but it's hard to fathom.

#6292 1 year ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

One month in and what, maybe 3-5% accomplished? You better step up your game and pray that there are absolutely no hiccups along the way. I would love to see your timeline, because I don't know how you expect to have to have a fully built, well playing, coded machine made from scratch in 5 months. I'd love to be proven wrong, but it's hard to fathom.

3-5% to me seems high (unless we're counting the playfield design which was ready prior to the starting of the clock).

While this thread has a great variety of things, I'm in favor of reducing that by dropping the fart talk.

Is the timed mode now the plan or a possibility? If it's the latter, I'd encourage you to lose it. Every decade or so someone tries it and it fails because it's worse than just letting people just play pinball. Great as a mode. Lame when it's the whole game (in my opinion, of course).

#6293 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

While this thread has a great variety of things, I'm in favor of reducing that by dropping the fart talk

farts (resized).jpgfarts (resized).jpg
    #6294 1 year ago

Yes flippers die, balls drain at 666 seconds.

That's tough, you are talking an eleven minute ball that drains just because? Oh boy.

#6295 1 year ago

Yes timed game play was my thoughts from the start. Tired of watching people play forever, end up drinking more beer. Also means there will not be endless rule & wizard modes. Just finishing beer #3, & Friday night pinball social starts in a few hours. Pound back some Bud cans, & play some pinball to get in shape for Sunday afternoon pinball tournament (drinker).

#6296 1 year ago

Jon Norris design, rushed construction and programming period, timed gameplay, and every ball starts as a multiball

This thing is going to be a modern System 80

#6297 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

3-5% to me seems high (unless we're counting the playfield design which was ready prior to the starting of the clock).
    While this thread has a great variety of things, I'm in favor of reducing that by dropping the fart talk.

I just wanted to lighten the mood a bit

FWIW I am not a fan of the timed concept, but this game isn't for me anyway

#6298 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I too think something will get done. Just not in the timeline or with some of the ridiculousness he has presented. Like I have said, his tenacity is 2nd to none. I really hope it's for Expo 2023, that's my hometown show. I seriously hope he realizes his dream of building this machine. But Texas by March 2023? Sorry, no way. I am not going to encourage a failure with false rah rah.
    This is not hate or trying to bring John down. This is just reality based on experience by many others in the industry.

The coach likes Texas, the game will not be going to Pinball Expo next year. Doug has a bunch of ideas towards charity which I will let him decide & share with us when he is ready. Same with his party depending on his time constraints in March, could be in Austin if Dallas does not work out. Still do not know if he will give any comment this weekend, or not.
    Going to finish off the chicken salad sandwiches for my supper. Did not need the throne (false alarm).
    Had some local pinball collectors at the shop. They liked the Jon Norris design on the panel board. They were not turned off by the time based game play.

#6299 1 year ago

The coach likes Texas, the game will not be going to Pinball Expo next year. Doug has a bunch of ideas towards charity which I will let him decide & share with us when he is ready. Same with his party depending on his time constraints in March, could be in Austin if Dallas does not work out. Still do not know if he will give any comment this weekend, or not.
    Going to finish off the chicken salad sandwiches for my supper. Did not need the throne (false alarm).
    Had some local pinball collectors at the shop. They liked the Jon Norris design on the panel board. They were not turned off by the time based game play.

There’s a cult following around Beat the Clock.

#6300 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

[quoted image]

Well its that it was tied to a lack of funerals lately, so he got the platter cause he is thinking of better times pre covid, when funerals were a bigger part of his life?

Did he miss the people, or the sandwich platter?

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/126 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.