Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 213.
    #5951 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Great summary! But this may be inaccurate -"Decided to pass on the Fast Pinball controller for P-roc"
    Seems that he's still hoping to use the FAST system as far as I read...

Minor point, he's using a P3 and not a PROC. They're different products from the same company.

#5952 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Weekly update- week 3
    It was a fairly slow week as GWJ came down with a nasty cold.
    -He got the blueprints done. In a baller type move, he paid the entire $20 up front instead of the required 50% advance deposit.
    -He said his wife buys preboiled eggs in quantity, but after 33 years of marriage he is ok with that
    -he said he will avoid cheap steak in the future, and focus more on discolored ham and other questionable pork products. He also noted that discolored ham may be a Canadian thing as he has seen that most of his life. Noted chicken fingers and salad are good breakfast foods.
    -we all avoided a thread lock for getting too political on the Texas border issue.
    -He drilled three holes in the paneling for the flipper bushings, reassuring us things are still on track, there is no panic.
    -He boldly stated he passes on gravy and in trades school if they mistakenly gave him some the lunch employees would chant "NO GRAVY!!" in harmonious synchronization. One can only imagine the hilarity.
    -One dinner consisted of olives and 4 cheese slices, the fancy kind that is wrapped in plastic.
    -He cleared the workbench of flammables and carcinogens. All that remain are 8 old tires whose storage helps pay the rent.
    -He gave up beer for Tylenol for 5 days strait.
    -he said his grandmother was a great cook and that his wife is the worst.
    -He refuted the collective pinside suggestion of utilizing a crock pot at length.
    -He had cherry tomatoes, some which fell on the ground but were tasty. He pondered that may be from the ore cars that pass close by.
    -He only got his wife a 15 pack, as he wasn't feeling too good and had to lighten the load. He also "got into his wifes fruit loops", unsure if that is code for something else or literal
    -Decided to pass on the Fast Pinball controller for P-roc
    Beer count, a measly 18 for the week.
    [quoted image]

Dang. I could really go for some fruit loops right now…

#5953 1 year ago

Speaking of froot loops...I was at a baseball game the other day and saw a father carrying a toddler and in his hand was a bag of froot loops - BUT - they were huge! I had to look it up. Apparently, giant froot loops exist. @greatwichjohn, are these available in Canada? If not, I may have to send you a bag (or a box as apparently they're available as cereal as well) so you can have the crack of snacks on steroids!

Giant Froot Loops (resized).pngGiant Froot Loops (resized).png
    #5954 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Minor point, he's using a P3 and not a PROC. They're different products from the same company.

This might be incorrect. The P-ROC (pinball remote operations controller) is the main control board. The P3 is the modular game platform.

#5955 1 year ago
    Quoted from Brisket:

This might be incorrect. The P-ROC (pinball remote operations controller) is the main control board. The P3 is the modular game platform.

PROC is mainly for replacing a MPU in something like an old Williams DMD game. New rules, but reusing the driver boards and such

P3 is for totally custom games. It's an entirely modular pinball control design.

P3 is used for games like TNA and Hot Wheels, and also powers the P3 Game Platform by Multimorphic (yes Gerry might have needed to consider better names)

#5956 1 year ago

Isn't it technically P3-roc?

We all win.

#5957 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Isn't it technically P3-roc?
    We all win.

Good point. Let's get even more technical, it's P³-ROC

#5958 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Good point. Let's get even more technical, it's P³-ROC

Is that like a rap lyric? P to the 3 ARE OH SEE

#5959 1 year ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

Speaking of froot loops...I was at a baseball game the other day and saw a father carrying a toddler and in his hand was a bag of froot loops - BUT - they were huge! I had to look it up. Apparently, giant froot loops exist. greatwichjohn, are these available in Canada? If not, I may have to send you a bag (or a box as apparently they're available as cereal as well) so you can have the crack of snacks on steroids!
    [quoted image]

This could be a game changer.

#5960 1 year ago

Those musings about the cherry tomatoes and the mine ore are pretty sublime.

#5961 1 year ago

Coach has been very quiet lately. Would be nice to at least have a title. Maybe he's realizing pinball is hard.

#5962 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Coach has been very quiet lately. Would be nice to at least have a title. Maybe he's realizing pinball is hard.

Coach is picking up a Bond LE and SLE (Elwin) version. I can see why he isn't concerned about this. Probably will get it before his CCr LE rolls in?

Great write up on the summary....but we are 22 days in. Is the only progress to date that the pf design is printed and a few holes are drilled on a piece of flammable paneling?

#5963 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Great write up on the summary....but we are 22 days in. Is the only progress to date that the pf design is printed and a few holes are drilled on a piece of flammable paneling?

Yes, but there is plenty of time.

#5964 1 year ago

Finally made it out of my other local bar near the shop (many bars) after 8 beers & some more nickel bets. Still a loser, but I have very little luck in gambling. I decided to take a break & celebrate 2 years of my pension on October 1. Fast Pinball we decided that they likely did not want to be associated with a trailer trash product, my reputation or other influences (was a a little hard on Haggis Pinball) & were getting some heat applied likely by numerous parties not to be keen on selling a system platform. No big deal, now Gerry will get the wrath!
    Still fighting this cold, decided to relax today before the storm (hurricane) hits Friday night. Get the wife a suitcase (36) of bud cans to get her through, & get the window AC stored away. Usually I leave it in until early October.
    Yes there is lots of time, if nothing is built by the end of the year then maybe 60 day crisis mode will take place in 2023. Not too concerned, same as the coach.
    I had my Bobs Bacon, this was the nastiest of the 4 packs. Some bird got some chunky fat. I did get the target bank area cut on the panel on Wednesday. Might do a little work & see if my friends want to drink more beer later at the shop.

IMG_0043 (resized).JPGIMG_0043 (resized).JPG
    #5965 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

No the Coach has been busy. And I’m not doing anything related to “the hard part”.

How did I miss the border drama?

It’s Beer thirty here in Lubbock, just arrived, drove up passing many Oil rigs and windmills along the way. Hmmm

It’s the Texas vs Texas Tech football weekend. Gonna be wild.

My girls go/went to Tech, wife and I went to UT.

A slew of drink pounding college kids just showed up so it’s game on!

Strategy Call with the Big John to be mixed in.

Great summary Beech and yes it’s a great pinball day with BOND!

#5966 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Fast Pinball we decided that they likely did not want to be associated with a trailer trash product, my reputation or other influences (was a a little hard on Haggis Pinball) & were getting some heat applied likely by numerous parties not to be keen on selling a system platform.

Yes there is lots of time, if nothing is built by the end of the year then maybe 60 day crisis mode will take place in 2023. Not too concerned, same as the coach.

If that was your take home from Fast Pinball, just wow. They stated their reasons for doubting you based on your productivity to date and the task ahead of you. You instead invented different, irrelevant reasons, having nothing to do with your productivity, as to why they have turned into a critic.

The only person reading this thread (beyond Ice) that is not worried about your productivity to date on this project is you, and you alone. Just because you keep stating this does not inherently make it true fact versus wishful thinking

#5967 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

If that was your take home from Fast Pinball, just wow. They stated their reasons for doubting you based on your productivity to date and the task ahead of you. You instead invented different, irrelevant reasons, having nothing to do with your productivity, as to why they have turned into a critic.
    The only person reading this thread (beyond Ice) that is not worried about your productivity to date on this project is you, and you alone. Just because you keep stating this does not inherently make it true fact versus wishful thinking

We have moved on. No big deal.

People are free to do whatever they feel is best for them and Aaron chose not to which is fine

#5968 1 year ago

How does Team Trailer Trash feel about the new Elwin single level? Between it, TNA rerun, and Trailer Trash we are part of a revolution! (Punny Factory too)

#5969 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

How does Team Trailer Trash feel about the new Elwin single level? Between it, TNA rerun, and Trailer Trash we are part of a revolution! (Punny Factory too)

I mean let’s see it.

TNA vs James Bond? Lol. That’s funny.

#5970 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

More games & manufacturer choices + diversely designed pinball builds is good new blood for our hobby.
    Pinball is on fire.
    Remember the days when distributors had deep stock that was ready to ship?

#5971 1 year ago

I mostly just like that single level playfields are making a minor resurgence. Sounds like the CGC Pulp Fiction game is single level too

#5972 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I mostly just like that single level playfields are making a minor resurgence. Sounds like the CGC Pulp Fiction game is single level too

That is what they say.

#5973 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

TNA vs James Bond? Lol. That’s funny.

Right?! Bond is so embarrassing!

#5974 1 year ago

Since by all accounts this game will be on par with a classic Stern from the 80’s, why not just use a vintage Stern/Bally board set and be done with it?

#5975 1 year ago
    Quoted from Flipperfun:

Since by all accounts this game will be on par with a classic Stern from the 80’s, why not just use a vintage Stern/Bally board set and be done with it?

Which one would be suitable for the CASH MONEY feature?

#5976 1 year ago

The best (or worst) laid plans of mice and men often go awry. Stay safe John.

Info & updates
    Strong tropical storm force winds of 80 gusting to 120 km/h over exposed areas with surge of 1.0 to 1.3 m and waves from 7 to 10 m from Hurricane Fiona are expected.

This warning represents the region just outside the severe core of Hurricane / Severe Post-Tropical Fiona. Winds may gust to hurricane-force inland and a bit higher where winds blow onshore. Winds will be cold and from the northwest on the west side of the track between mainland Nova Scotia and Cape Breton and be from the south over western Newfoundland east of the track, and easterly along southern Newfoundland.

Local wind warnings will be issued with additional details and local effects.

This could result in moderate damage to docks and breakwaters. Significant shoreline erosion and wave overwash is expected where winds blow onshore.

A hurricane warning means that hurricane conditions are expected over parts of the region within 24 hours. Hurricane conditions include (A) sustained winds near 120 km/h or more, and/or (B) significantly elevated water levels and dangerous surf along the coast.

By nature, a hurricane also implies the threat of local flooding from heavy rainfall - consult your local area forecast for possible rainfall warnings.

Please continue to monitor alerts issued by the Canadian Hurricane Centre

#5977 1 year ago

Finally made it out of my other local bar near the shop (many bars) after 8 beers & some more nickel bets. Still a loser, but I have very little luck in gambling. ....
    I had my Bobs Bacon, this was the nastiest of the 4 packs. Some bird got some chunky fat.

Curious if you have an estimate of the percentage of your pension you spend on beer and gambling.
    Maybe a slight reduction on those would result in more funds for higher quality meat.
    I understand it's cheap beer and nickel gambling ... but even that adds up if you do it enough.

I find most people lost in the woods, don't realize how lost that actually are.

#5978 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Curious if you have an estimate of the percentage or your pension you spend on beer and gambling.

What is 103% Alex.

Seriously, why ask him this? He gives no shits. He enjoys beer and life and if that means buying discounted food, its a fair trade off. He has made no secret of this fact.

#5979 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

What is 103% Alex.
    Seriously, why ask him this? He gives no shits. He enjoys beer and life and if that means buying discounted food, its a fair trade off. He has made no secret of this fact.

I know, I just like to think out loud

#5980 1 year ago

I know, I just like to think out loud

That gets people in trouble around here

#5981 1 year ago

Fast Pinball we decided that they likely did not want to be associated with a trailer trash product, my reputation or other influences (was a a little hard on Haggis Pinball) & were getting some heat applied likely by numerous parties not to be keen on selling a system platform. No big deal, now Gerry will get the wrath!

Wow......could the red flags be any more obvious if you are on the outside looking in?

#5982 1 year ago

Curious if you have an estimate of the percentage or your pension you spend on beer and gambling.
    Maybe a slight reduction on those would result in more funds for higher quality meat.
    I understand it's cheap beer and nickel gambling ... but even that adds up if you do it enough.
    I find most people lost in the woods, don't realize how lost that actually are.

My goal in life has always to enjoy as much as you can. Not going out a rich man, & I will continue to enjoy drinking beer until my Doctor says maybe you need to cut back. Not likely going to happen since contrary to popular opinion here I am not a alcoholic. My wife likely consumes the same with her short height, likely more than I. Same thing the Doctor has no serious concerns at this time. We have no children (her choice), so I do not need to worry about that.
    As for Fast Pinball that is fine that they could not squeeze out one or a few systems this year for my project. I always say it is best to sort out your vendors & contractors. Better for me to find out early enough, & thanks for not dragging it out to Expo or beyond for stock predictions.
    There is no panic here, & everything is going as planned. Still fighting this cold, & getting ready for the Hurricane. At the workshop until I find out when the transit system will shutdown early tonight. Hurricane Juan years ago we did not have power for days. The shop is near the local power plant, so maybe has power to the shop after the storm: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tufts_Cove_Generating_Station
    Where my apartment is has power fed from around the province, so likely days before it is restored. It was 6 days the last one, & we were on the 6th floor.

Red Flags everywhere, but the 1 or 2 pins will be ready for Texas. It will be hybrid single level playfield with some interesting rule sets. A big breadcrumb that I will not talk about until December.

#5983 1 year ago

180 day build. We are at day 23 or 13% of the days gone. What do we have?

#5984 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

180 day build. We are at day 23 or 13% of the days gone. What do we have?

A pre whitewood with a few holes in it. And 2 boxes of parts…

#5985 1 year ago

It will be hybrid single level playfield with some interesting rule sets.

What does hybrid single level playfield mean? Or is it a clumsy way to say it would have two rule sets/themes? (ie Texas and Motorhead)

#5986 1 year ago
    Quoted from LORDDREK:

And 2 boxes of parts…

Three. Three boxes of parts.

parts (resized).jpgparts (resized).jpg
    #5987 1 year ago

As for Fast Pinball that is fine that they could not squeeze out one or a few systems this year for my project. I always say it is best to sort out your vendors & contractors. Better for me to find out early enough, & thanks for not dragging it out to Expo or beyond for stock predictions.

Please stop implying that FAST is purposely sabotaging your project.

#5988 1 year ago

Not speaking for Fast Pinball, but I think I saw that they had supply constraints and that they were working through their order backlog. You should probably put in an order somewhere for some controller. I doubt anybody is going to let you cut the line as they have to take care of existing business. With how the the supply chains are right now, you can not just expect to get things at the drop of a hat.

#5989 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

FAST said they should have some by Expo. Doubtful this project will even be to a stage where it will be needed by then.

expocountdown (resized).pngexpocountdown (resized).png
    #5990 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Not sure why he feels like he needs FASTs permission or blessing to use their system. You buy it or you don't, and use it for what you want to once you buy it. Am I missing something here? Seems like John just decided to pass on FAST based on availability and also their opinions on the project which is fine also...

Oh and John, you said you will keep drinking beer until your doctor says you should cut back. I think you said earlier you would still drink beer even when the doctor says you should stop. Ultimately, You are the decider, so no need to convince anyone here, just do what you feel is good for you and what makes you happy it's all good! Better to live a short happy life than a long miserable one! I am going to have a high beer count tonight I can feel it!

Friday is here! Woohoo!

#5991 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Who da fook said anything like that? They said they're backlogged he said he'd go a different route. And thanked them foe their honesty. It's friday, go have a beer and chill out y'all!

#5992 1 year ago

My goal in life has always to enjoy as much as you can. Not going out a rich man, & I will continue to enjoy drinking beer until my Doctor says maybe you need to cut back. .

Enjoy the weekend and stay safe out there. FIONA is visiting tonite! Hopefully i get 70 million (lotto Max) reasons to come visit the east coast to pay for the 3rd pin (another motorhead!!) have fun everybody.. it's just pinball!

#5993 1 year ago

Waiting on sand bags for the shop. Moving games & stuff around incase the roof leaks, or we get water into the workshop. The operator is buying the last choice for sand still at the hardware store. I did not blame Fast Pinball for sabotaging or slowing down this build. It was my preferred choice, went on the list since most stuff is out of stock, & they were coming out with a upgrade to the system. Some how the relationship soured, wonder why? Just like all the whiners complaining to the moderators to have this shut down. The coach is likely trying not say too much here, so that he is not the fall guy.

#5994 1 year ago

I did not blame Fast Pinball for sabotaging

holy crap, dude, the world isn't out to get you.

#5995 1 year ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

Speaking of froot loops...I was at a baseball game the other day and saw a father carrying a toddler and in his hand was a bag of froot loops - BUT - they were huge! I had to look it up. Apparently, giant froot loops exist. greatwichjohn, are these available in Canada? If not, I may have to send you a bag (or a box as apparently they're available as cereal as well) so you can have the crack of snacks on steroids!
    [quoted image]

Do not know if these are available. I have no problems with the regular size as a last resort snack. I will pick up some beer on the way home to ride out the storm. Had a healthy salad with fruit toppings for breakfast. Last of Bobs bacon for lunch. Lots of people going to the stores & for gas the last 2 days.

#5996 1 year ago

Fiona's gonna wreak havok on your timeline. The power will be out for days, all your contractors will be behind and backlogged for months trying to catch up, your sign shop you utilize will be making new signs that were demolished and have no time for your project. The deliveries will be way behind for your parts. Man, the unexpected everyone warned of at the beginning of this thread may be coming to fruition in the form of a hurricane. 6 months in a perfect world, but the world is not perfect.

Hopefully you have enough beer and bacon to ride it out. Godspeed, GWJ.

#5997 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Who da fook said anything like that? They said they're backlogged he said he'd go a different route. And thanked them foe their honesty. It's friday, go have a beer and chill out y'all!

Fast Pinball we decided that they likely did not want to be associated with a trailer trash product, my reputation or other influences (was a a little hard on Haggis Pinball) & were getting some heat applied likely by numerous parties not to be keen on selling a system platform. No big deal, now Gerry will get the wrath!

As for Fast Pinball that is fine that they could not squeeze out one or a few systems this year for my project. I always say it is best to sort out your vendors & contractors.

Some how the relationship soured, wonder why? Just like all the whiners complaining to the moderators to have this shut down. The coach is likely trying not say too much here, so that he is not the fall guy.

I mean, I don't know, seems kinda finger pointy to me Dee-Bow. Like, its pretty cut and dry that FAST didn't have things in stock. They didn't want to let John cut in line so they could fulfil their back orders sounds like the only possible "crime" they committed against John, but yet we keep getting passive aggressive implied accusations from him. Keep downvoting me, keep calling other people toxic trolls while being the most toxic person in here by a huge margin. Not just here even but in pretty much every thread you're in you're a pile of slime stinking up the joint while claiming to be a good guy. You're not. Have fun in the PM's with your circle jerk and learning that dumber is actually a word.

I'd love a beer, I plan on enjoying at least a couple tonight and hopefully more, but for now I'm stuck at work for a few more hours.

#5998 1 year ago

Some how the relationship soured, wonder why? Just like all the whiners complaining to the moderators to have this shut down.

John , do you not take ANY responsibility here?

#5999 1 year ago

For the last time nothing wrong with Fast Pinball steering us clear of their products. The coach knows them personally, & I do not believe that I have seen or spoken them at a show. Maybe their products are available fully by Expo or not. Maybe there are other influences going on, I really do not care! As for contractors & this build the loss of 4 to 6 weeks was to be expected. Nothing is smooth sailing in life, & there is still plenty of time to get it done. There are numerous or duplicate contractors I can use if one gets busy or back logged. We are almost near the end of the month, & I still do not know what the coach has fully planned for his Texas theme pin. Not a big deal, I told him mid October to the end is when that needs to be locked in.

#6000 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

John , do you not take ANY responsibility here?

How? Said from the start I wanted to use Fast Pinball, but the products needed were not fully available (stock). Went on the list, & was told to look elsewhere the last few days. Not a big deal except for other people here. The coach & I are fine going with Gerry, he really needs more notoriety! P-3 will be the system used: Multimorphic P3-ROC V2

I will not source out Fast Pinball from a third party source. They prefer I go elsewhere which is fine. The did not make this project die, it moves along at my pace.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/120?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.