Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 213.
    #5901 1 year ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

^^Yeah because GWJ seems SUPER concerned about how healthy his diet is…
    If the contact cleaner/paint/propane fumes basting his food don’t bother him I don’t think saturated fat is high on his list.

Anyone else in for "Weightloss Wednesdays"? Ill do it to raise money for John. Anyone else? John will you participate?

#5902 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Anyone else in for "Weightloss Wednesdays"? Ill do it to raise money for John. Anyone else? John will you participate?

I'm 6'0" and 165 lbs... I'll pass.

#5903 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

There are a lot of medicines that have animal products in them. Like certain blood thinners, hormone therapies, vaccines, etc... Some countries still allow human insulin produced from animals.

There is a difference between pharmaceuticals and pork fat.

#5904 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I think that's a whole nuther thread for a whole nuther forum! But hey, if I can go on a diet just every Wednesday, and still lose weight I'll sign up!!!
    Starting next week of course!!!

#5905 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

I'm 6'0" and 165 lbs... I'll pass.

I am 6'2" and 165 lbs before I even step on the scale

#5906 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I'm guessing that you're vegan and thats perfectly fine. I'm not one of those guys who is upset by that or says HURR DURR I'M GONNA EAT 2 STEAKS NOW HAHA. I have some good friends who are vegan and there is certainly an argument to be made over the health benefits of it. To say "no animal product is good for you" is scientifically and factually wrong. Don't do your lifestyle a disservice by being that type of person.

I don't want to derail this thread, but the science is overwhelming on the harm of animal products (mean, eggs, dairy, etc). You could make an argument for fish, but the mercury levels cancel that out. The only studies that show animal products are good are those that funded by the meat/dairy industry.

You can say it's scientifically and factually wrong, but that doesn't make it so. I can lead you to the promise land if you like, but you won't love what you see.

And I do eat meat - 2 servings a week.

#5907 1 year ago

Why are we still trying to tell John how to live his life? I get it you're just trying to help... Oh never mind...

#5908 1 year ago

Still my current favorite Pinside thread.
    …. or not.

05A43459-D60C-4722-BDE2-D1CBA63A25E1 (resized).jpeg05A43459-D60C-4722-BDE2-D1CBA63A25E1 (resized).jpeg
    #5909 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

So far, during this thread, we have lost:
    Crazy Levi
    Ben Heck
    Aaron FAST Pinball
    The Queen of England
    Is this thread cursed?

I would bet 75% of those are still lurking. BTW, the Queen is still dead.

#5910 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

There is a difference between pharmaceuticals and pork fat.

agree ... the pork fat is better for your body

Quoted from Methos:

I don't want to derail this thread, but the science is overwhelming on the harm of animal products (mean, eggs, dairy, etc). You could make an argument for fish, but the mercury levels cancel that out. The only studies that show animal products are good are those that funded by the meat/dairy industry.
    You can say it's scientifically and factually wrong, but that doesn't make it so. I can lead you to the promise land if you like, but you won't love what you see.
    And I do eat meat - 2 servings a week.

Depends on the source of your animal products
    There is also a lot of overwhelming evidence that high quality animal products are good for you
    depends on what you read

#5911 1 year ago

If we need more vegans on the thread, we should recruit him back. I get the impression I'm the only dedicated blueberry eater left standing.

#5912 1 year ago

All I know is gravity science and if it wasn't for leather my pants would fall down.

#5913 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

If we need more vegans on the thread, we should recruit him back. I get the impression I'm the only dedicated blueberry eater left standing.

i shovel them raw ..blueberries one of the most healthiest foods in the world
    However my path has strayed to foods of the devil. No more.

#5914 1 year ago
    Quoted from steve-o:

Still my current favorite Pinside thread.
    …. or not.
    [quoted image]

always need the law (mean streets) somewhere behind the whale...even a mini one , please include laser.

#5915 1 year ago

Blueberries are great. Even better when you add a bunch of sugar and fat to make a cobbler

4866F578-924B-42F2-A7BC-D48CE45563BB (resized).jpeg4866F578-924B-42F2-A7BC-D48CE45563BB (resized).jpeg
    #5916 1 year ago

ok.. I don't normally do food pictures but that looks pretty damn tasty!

#5917 1 year ago

I have never posted a personal beer count here but mine is 3 today after a rough drive home. This one’s for you John!
    1B3F988E-2E5E-432B-A9DE-6F495F97C1BD (resized).jpeg1B3F988E-2E5E-432B-A9DE-6F495F97C1BD (resized).jpeg

#5918 1 year ago

Blueberries are an incredible food - when sugar isn't added.

#5919 1 year ago

Eh?

I mean...do you want me to participate? I really have nothing to say. We're just watching a man who has no business selling or building a pinball machine, barely attempting to build one one while chronicling his various terrible health choices.

I'm sticking to my earlier premise: This never gets finished. Zero chance. Back to lurking, carry on.

#5920 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Eh?
    I mean...do you want me to participate? I really have nothing to say. We're just watching a man who has no business selling or building a pinball machine, barely attempting to build one one while chronicling his various terrible health choices.
    I'm sticking to my earlier premise: This never gets finished. Zero chance. Back to lurking, carry on.

I like my terrible health & lifestyle choices. Only got one life to live, you might as well make the most of it. Still fighting this nasty cold, but today I had to help the operator out with some service calls at his locations. Then I decided to go to my local & have 3 beers on the patio in the sun. Went to the barcade next door & played some free credits off. Just finished my supper of salad & chicken tenders, survived the pork kabobs for lunch. Apple pie is cheaper than buying a few apples. Beer fridge is on, & I think I will have some more at the shop.

As for Fast Pinball looks like it will be better for them if I go with Pinball Life. Might as well since most of the parts for the build are sourced there. So it looks like I will switch to the P-3 system. No big deal Gerry, my brother, & myself go back many years when we visited his home in Austin.

The coach is fine with switch. There is no panic on my part, 1 or 2 games for Texas in March is still the plan.

#5922 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I like my terrible health & lifestyle choices. Only got one life to live

I don't understand why so many here want to tell him why he needs to live a certain way either. Everyone is different for multiple reasons. I eat a high fat high protein meat diet and I'm healthier than almost all of the people I know that are my age. Everyone's different. And if GWJ enjoys his life, so be it.

Chill pills need to be prescribed and taken as directed, and let's see where this journey takes us.

Weekly update tomorrow.

#5923 1 year ago

On to beer #5 at home. Now I do not have to wait on Fast Pinball. I was going to give them 1-2 months. But the show must go on.

#5924 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

I don't understand why so many here want to tell him why he needs to live a certain way either.

No one’s telling him anything. They’re observing based on the facts given. He doesn’t listen one way or the other, so it is what it is.

I like my terrible health & lifestyle choices. Only got one life to live, you might as well make the most of it.

If cooking grey ham on paint cans while exposing the people on public transportation to your diseases & bringing suitcases of beer your wife who doesn’t seem to do anything is “making the most of it”, then you’re livin’ the dream!!!

As far as the topic goes, I stand by my prediction. No working game will ever be completed.

#5925 1 year ago

Never cooked a ham on the electric grill. The bench was cleared of all the crap except the 8 tires. Enjoy drinking beer like a bunch of people. On to beer #6

#5926 1 year ago

Never cooked a ham on the electric grill. The bench was cleared of all the crap except the 8 tires. Enjoy drinking beer like a bunch of people. On to beer #6

Yes, yes, we are fully aware that your entire personality is “beer.” Fascinating. I hope beer cures colds.

#5927 1 year ago

I like my terrible health & lifestyle choices. Only got one life to live, you might as well make the most of it. Still fighting this nasty cold, but today I had to help the operator out with some service calls at his locations. Then I decided to go to my local & have 3 beers on the patio in the sun. Went to the barcade next door & played some free credits off. Just finished my supper of salad & chicken tenders, survived the pork kabobs for lunch. Apple pie is cheaper than buying a few apples. Beer fridge is on, & I think I will have some more at the shop.
    As for Fast Pinball looks like it will be better for them if I go with Pinball Life. Might as well since most of the parts for the build are sourced there. So it looks like I will switch to the P-3 system. No big deal Gerry, my brother, & myself go back many years when we visited his home in Austin.
    The coach is fine with switch. There is no panic on my part, 1 or 2 games for Texas in March is still the plan.

So John, just asking for the audience: how many hours a week are you actually spending working on Trailer Trash ? If I’m not mistaken your posts are 25% about how you are not worried about the timeline, 70% about a day in the life of GWJ, what you ate and drank today, and 5% actual progress/work on the pin.

#5928 1 year ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

i shovel them raw ..blueberries one of the most healthiest foods in the world
    However my path has strayed to foods of the devil. No more.

Agreed. Blueberries are among the most healthful foods.

Many experts rank sardines as very healthful as well. In fact, a strong argument can be made that sardines are the perfect food in terms of nutrition, availability and economic cost. I love a good sardine sandwich with onions on seeded rye.

It's an acquired taste, I realize. Plus, in the context of Pinside, SardineJohnson isn't all that catchy. The visual has me imagining some hideous, Medusa-like sardinosaur figure with fish-head hair strands on a Cactus Canyon renamed Aluminum Canyon.

#5929 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

Agreed. Blueberries are among the most healthful foods.
    Many experts rank sardines as very healthful as well. In fact, a strong argument can be made that sardines are the perfect food in terms of nutrition, availability and economic cost. I love a good sardine sandwich with onions on seeded rye.
    It's an acquired taste, I realize. Plus, in the context of Pinside, SardineJohnson isn't all that catchy. The visual has me imagining some hideous, Medusa-like sardinosaur figure with fish-head hair strands on a Cactus Canyon renamed Aluminum Canyon.

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 4.11.23 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-21 at 4.11.23 PM (resized).png
    #5930 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

So John, just asking for the audience: how many hours a week are you actually spending working on Trailer Trash ? If I’m not mistaken your posts are 25% about how you are not worried about the timeline, 70% about a day in the life of GWJ, what you ate and drank today, and 5% actual progress/work on the pin.

Sounds about right this month. There is no rush or panic with the coach or me on this build. Everything is going as planned, & the timeline is fine. It will not be until October that stuff starts moving at a better pace. Beer #7 Working on my pinball life order for this week.

#5931 1 year ago
    A27548B8-AD15-46BF-9350-7CF473530C33 (resized).jpegA27548B8-AD15-46BF-9350-7CF473530C33 (resized).jpegF5AB4140-79C6-42BF-B208-7054FB13B546 (resized).jpegF5AB4140-79C6-42BF-B208-7054FB13B546 (resized).jpeg
    #5932 1 year ago

Oddly someone did draw a sardine pinball

3E3A01B2-AD1D-4361-80A9-8745684D56F4 (resized).jpeg3E3A01B2-AD1D-4361-80A9-8745684D56F4 (resized).jpeg
    #5933 1 year ago

September first was supposed to be the kick off when things would start getting done. Now it's October that things are going to start getting done. Do I hear November?

At some point somebody better start panicking or this will never see the light of day. I'm picturing the second week of February you saying,"everything is going as planned and no body is panicking". Me thinks somebody needs to step up ones game. Just my .02. can't wait to see some progress.

Has coach considered "Texas Train Wreck" as a theme?

#5934 1 year ago

If John isn’t panicked I’m not going to be panicked for him. I’m just enjoying the ride.

#5935 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

[quoted image][quoted image]

What app is this with the "anonymous user" posted format?

#5936 1 year ago

I had to help the operator out with some service calls at his locations.

You're getting paid well for this, right? Somone with you expertise should demand healthy compensation, especially with the slow 6-month build on your plate now.

#5937 1 year ago

The coach provides the build money for the first game & some beer money. Everything is fine, things are going as planned. On my final beer #8. I only eat some fish dishes. Mostly a meat & cheese person.

#5938 1 year ago

The coach provides the build money for the first game & some beer money. Everything is fine, things are going as planned. On my final beer #8. I only eat some fish dishes. Mostly a meat & cheese person.

While things may be going as planned, are we sure this is a sound plan?

#5939 1 year ago

You’ve said things are going according to plan now for quite a while, many times over. Do you have a calendar marked up somewhere with deadlines and dates and when you want to get x,y, & z completed with built in padding for things to go wrong on a, b, & c ?

I would expect that’s the first thing you did when planning this all out —as the project manager — before pitching any proposed timeline at all. Are you just holding this back or…?

#5940 1 year ago

johns plan has a life of its own, always in a state of flux. todays decision to go with the P3 had it 'multi-morphing' once again.

#5941 1 year ago

As for Fast Pinball looks like it will be better for them if I go with Pinball Life.

This is an interesting statement that may have been glossed over.

#5942 1 year ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

What app is this with the "anonymous user" posted format?

https://nightcafe.studio/

Their merge style AI one is pretty fun. My wife wanted me to buy some of the prints

#5943 1 year ago

Speaking of vegans…

#5944 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

You’ve said things are going according to plan now for quite a while, many times over. Do you have a calendar marked up somewhere with deadlines and dates and when you want to get x,y, & z completed with built in padding for things to go wrong on a, b, & c ?
    I would expect that’s the first thing you did when planning this all out —as the project manager — before pitching any proposed timeline at all. Are you just holding this back or…?

I asked this question several times in the beginning and it will NEVER be directly answered.

#5945 1 year ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

johns plan has a life of its own, always in a state of flux. todays decision to go with the P3 had it 'multi-morphing' once again.

Technically, the decision was made for him when he was told they don't have the components he needs.. Now mind you, he didn't reach out and trying to find that out for himself, the vendor had to tell him to tell him so yeah..

#5946 1 year ago

Weekly update- week 3

It was a fairly slow week as GWJ came down with a nasty cold.

-He got the blueprints done. In a baller type move, he paid the entire $20 up front instead of the required 50% advance deposit.
    -He said his wife buys preboiled eggs in quantity, but after 33 years of marriage he is ok with that
    -he said he will avoid cheap steak in the future, and focus more on discolored ham and other questionable pork products. He also noted that discolored ham may be a Canadian thing as he has seen that most of his life. Noted chicken fingers and salad are good breakfast foods.
    -we all avoided a thread lock for getting too political on the Texas border issue.
    -He drilled three holes in the paneling for the flipper bushings, reassuring us things are still on track, there is no panic.
    -He boldly stated he passes on gravy and in trades school if they mistakenly gave him some the lunch employees would chant "NO GRAVY!!" in harmonious synchronization. One can only imagine the hilarity.
    -One dinner consisted of olives and 4 cheese slices, the fancy kind that is wrapped in plastic.
    -He cleared the workbench of flammables and carcinogens. All that remain are 8 old tires whose storage helps pay the rent.
    -He gave up beer for Tylenol for 5 days strait.
    -he said his grandmother was a great cook and that his wife is the worst.
    -He refuted the collective pinside suggestion of utilizing a crock pot at length.
    -He had cherry tomatoes, some which fell on the ground but were tasty. He pondered that may be from the ore cars that pass close by.
    -He only got his wife a 15 pack, as he wasn't feeling too good and had to lighten the load. He also "got into his wifes fruit loops", unsure if that is code for something else or literal
    -Decided to pass on the Fast Pinball controller for P-roc

Beer count, a measly 18 for the week.

cd6 (resized).pngcd6 (resized).png
    #5947 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Weekly update- week 3
    It was a fairly slow week as GWJ came down with a nasty cold.
    -He got the blueprints done. In a baller type move, he paid the entire $20 up front instead of the required 50% advance deposit.
    -He said his wife buys preboiled eggs in quantity, but after 33 years of marriage he is ok with that
    -he said he will avoid cheap steak in the future, and focus more on discolored ham and other questionable pork products. He also noted that discolored ham may be a Canadian thing as he has seen that most of his life. Noted chicken fingers and salad are good breakfast foods.
    -we all avoided a thread lock for getting too political on the Texas border issue.
    -He drilled three holes in the paneling for the flipper bushings, reassuring us things are still on track, there is no panic.
    -He boldly stated he passes on gravy and in trades school if they mistakenly gave him some the lunch employees would chant "NO GRAVY!!" in harmonious synchronization. One can only imagine the hilarity.
    -One dinner consisted of olives and 4 cheese slices, the fancy kind that is wrapped in plastic.
    -He cleared the workbench of flammables and carcinogens. All that remain are 8 old tires whose storage helps pay the rent.
    -He gave up beer for Tylenol for 5 days strait.
    -he said his grandmother was a great cook and that his wife is the worst.
    -He refuted the collective pinside suggestion of utilizing a crock pot at length.
    -He had cherry tomatoes, some which fell on the ground but were tasty. He pondered that may be from the ore cars that pass close by.
    -He only got his wife a 15 pack, as he wasn't feeling too good and had to lighten the load. He also "got into his wifes fruit loops", unsure if that is code for something else or literal
    -Decided to pass on the Fast Pinball controller for P-roc
    Beer count, a measly 18 for the week.
    [quoted image]

Seriously loling here.

#5948 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Blueberries are great. Even better when you add a bunch of sugar and fat to make a cobbler[quoted image]

Hey you post a pic of Cobbler, and John is trying to Cobble together a pin! Fittin'

#5949 1 year ago

Great summary! But this may be inaccurate -"Decided to pass on the Fast Pinball controller for P-roc"

Seems that he's still hoping to use the FAST system as far as I read...

Never mind I now see the post where he says switching to P3

#5950 1 year ago

There is no panic on my part, 1 or 2 games for Texas in March is still the plan.

John! (resized).JPGJohn! (resized).JPG
    There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/119?hl=rezdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.