Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 213.
    #5851 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I avoid fat in most meats

Not if you are eating chubs of pepperoni and dried salami's. That shit is lots of fat.

#5852 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

It's actually very impressive what he was able to accomplish. I'm just afraid he didn't carry over to this project just how long everything takes.

I think your statements here are very valid

#5853 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Not if you are eating chubs of pepperoni and dried salami's. That shit is lots of fat.

Pigs are well known for their lean physique

#5854 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

It's actually very impressive what he was able to accomplish. I'm just afraid he didn't carry over to this project just how long everything takes.

It’s interesting for sure. I went from “I bet we can finish that in a month” to “even one small change will take 6 months to bake into the manufactured design” based on my small volume manufacturing experiences. John apparently went in the opposite direction based on his.

#5855 1 year ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

What a brilliant remark, especially to the most educated country in the world.

By that I assume you mean more people brain washed through the college "experience"? Um yea....

#5856 1 year ago

Got my favorite picnic ham meal for the day. $2 off & no 15% tax! Mac, 2 slices of ham, & senior medium McD coffee for breakfast.
    [quoted image]

After viewing these images of John's favorite meals, I'm afraid that this thread has turned into a world under gas.

#5857 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

By that I assume you mean more people brain washed through the college "experience"? Um yea....

Brainwashed to become doctors and teachers and scientists and engineers and biologists, and business leaders and shit yeah!! Damn college and education brainwashing people to learn and think critically, question assumptions and historical lag, apply oneself and learn new skills. So annoying!!

#5858 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:It's actually very impressive what he was able to accomplish.

In 8 years.....

#5859 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Brainwashed to become doctors and teachers and scientists and engineers and biologists, and business leaders and shit yeah!! Damn college and education brainwashing people to learn and think critically, question assumptions and historical lag, apply oneself and learn new skills. So annoying!!

I think he meant more towards your student getting into debt for liberal arts, rainbow chasing and population theory. Then getting out of college with a worthless degree and wondering why McDonald's won't hire you.

#5860 1 year ago

More jokes about discount pork products, less hamfisted arguing over…idk what you guys are arguing about tbh

#5861 1 year ago
    pnb.gifpnb.gif
    #5862 1 year ago

Good morning. Rise and shine everybody.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #5863 1 year ago

Am I the only one who automatically had the "Rocky" theme start playing in their head?

#5864 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

More jokes about discount pork products, less hamfisted arguing over…idk what you guys are arguing about tbh

Who needs some eggs to go with their grey ham?

ham (resized).jpgham (resized).jpg
    #5865 1 year ago

New playfield toy!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #5866 1 year ago

Got my discount foods. First time for BBQ pork skewers cooked. Got some apple pie for some deserts, & traditional 2 chicken fingers & salads. Still fighting this cold but starting to feel better. Get back into the build & servicing games in the shop.

IMG_0042 (resized).JPGIMG_0042 (resized).JPG
    #5867 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Let them keep turning on themselves. They don't even know what they are arguing about! John is just dropping bread crumbs and they keep following along cleaning them up! It's too easy for him

#5868 1 year ago

My cooked ham looked way better than the pictured one on the table. Is that fat on the outside? Should get the last package of Bobs bacon going this week since best before date is past.

#5870 1 year ago

John just for knowledge, eating animal fats is not necessarily bad for you. In fact its quite good for you (obviously in moderation). Back in like the 80's 90's it was thought that all these fats were bad for you and thats why we got all these vegetable oils and whatnot replacing butter and other fats in foods. If you're going to be concerned about fats in foods be less concerned about natural fats and be more concerned with all the processed fats

#5871 1 year ago

^^Yeah because GWJ seems SUPER concerned about how healthy his diet is…

If the contact cleaner/paint/propane fumes basting his food don’t bother him I don’t think saturated fat is high on his list.

#5872 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Yea but they dont do that anymore.

Indoctrination factories that rarely let in an opposing view anymore.

#5873 1 year ago

^^. Stop it. Political BS elsewhere please.

#5874 1 year ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

^^Yeah because GWJ seems SUPER concerned about how healthy his diet is…
    If the contact cleaner/paint/propane fumes basting his food don’t bother him I don’t think saturated fat is high on his list.

Maybe some Nyquil Chicken would be a healthy choice! ( It's a thing, apparently some kind of tictok challenge eating chicken cooked in Nyquil)
    Sounds pretty awful! Kids these days!

#5875 1 year ago

I think I need to drain this thread. It started kinda fun, but now it is just making me sad.

Best of luck to everyone involved!

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#5876 1 year ago
    animals-birds-graffiti-graffitists-regulation-rule-msan1_low (resized).jpganimals-birds-graffiti-graffitists-regulation-rule-msan1_low (resized).jpg
    #5877 1 year ago
    Quoted from fastpinball:

I think I need to drain this thread. It started kinda fun, but now it is just making me sad.
    Aaron
    FAST Pinball

I don't blame you, too much BS about bad food and people fighting over nothing just trying to get attention and the last word in.
    I look forward to seeing some actual signs of progress in this later down the line. I would leave too if I had anything better to do here at work!
    Before you go maybe you can hook John up to get the Fast System to run his game in time for the reveal!

#5878 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

John just for knowledge, eating animal fats is not necessarily bad for you. In fact its quite good for you (obviously in moderation). Back in like the 80's 90's it was thought that all these fats were bad for you and thats why we got all these vegetable oils and whatnot replacing butter and other fats in foods. If you're going to be concerned about fats in foods be less concerned about natural fats and be more concerned with all the processed fats

Nothing from animal products is good for you.

#5879 1 year ago
    Quoted from fastpinball:

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

Yes do not go away. That was the only thing I have heard from Fast Pinball. Could of said how things are going with the back orders. Fall is almost here. Would be nice to know if stock is coming back anytime this year.

#5880 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

There are a lot of medicines that have animal products in them. Like certain blood thinners, hormone therapies, vaccines, etc... Some countries still allow human insulin produced from animals.

#5881 1 year ago

Yes do not go away. That was the only thing I have heard from Fast Pinball. Could of said how things are going with the back orders. Fall is almost here.

I think what I struggle with the most in regards to this project is that you are 6 months from TPF and you don't have a shooting whitewood yet. I think you should reset your timelines and get there when you get there. Then this thread can return to the fun time thread (and project) it started out as.

All I can see right now is massive stress and an overly aggressive/hopeful/optimistic timeline with an incomplete team. I don't mean to sound overly pessimistic, only trying to inject a small bit of reality here. I don't know who your team's engineer is. Who your team's programmer is. Who is doing sound and assets. Who is setting up your computer to run MPF. Who is doing your light shows. Etc etc etc.

FAST has a backlog of orders we are working through and hope to have the new FAST Bundles ready to go by Pinball Expo.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#5882 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Maybe people are relying on free healthcare so they eat gray ham? Oh wait he was happy to avoid the 15% taxes on this.</blockq

Thanks for proving my point !

#5883 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

100%

#5884 1 year ago

Not sure about this game, but Jon Norris is one of the best designers of all time, chime in on your favorite designs by Jon! Cue Ball wizard, Surf N’ Safari, Hot Shots, and Gladiators all great games with great rule sets. I have a hotshots, that feature of completing all one side bank of drops alone for 10 replays is amazing! Nearly impossible, but so cool it’s in there incase it happens.

E048FBFD-F61C-4158-9721-A8696E76B4CE (resized).jpegE048FBFD-F61C-4158-9721-A8696E76B4CE (resized).jpeg
    #5885 1 year ago

Yes do not go away. That was the only thing I have heard from Fast Pinball. Could of said how things are going with the back orders. Fall is almost here. Would be nice to know if stock is coming back anytime this year.

Why not pick up a P3-ROC, those are in stock.

#5886 1 year ago
    Quoted from fastpinball:

I think what I struggle with the most in regards to this project is that you are 6 months from TPF and you don't have a shooting whitewood yet. I think you should reset your timelines and get there when you get there. Then this thread can return to the fun time thread (and project) it started out as.
    All I can see right now is massive stress and an overly aggressive/hopeful/optimistic timeline with an incomplete team. I don't mean to sound overly pessimistic, only trying to inject a small bit of reality here. I don't know who your team's engineer is. Who your team's programmer is. Who is doing sound and assets. Who is setting up your computer to run MPF. Who is doing your light shows. Etc etc etc.
    FAST has a backlog of orders we are working through and hope to have the new FAST Bundles ready to go by Pinball Expo.
    Aaron
    FAST Pinball

boom.

#5887 1 year ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Why not pick up a P3-ROC, those are in stock.

He said they were out of stock weeks ago and crickets chirped when a link to Pinball Life was provided.

Kudos for FAST telling it like it is…

#5888 1 year ago

So far during this thread, we have lost:

Crazy Levi
    Ben Heck
    Aaron FAST Pinball
    The Queen of England

Is this thread cursed?

#5889 1 year ago

Hey John check out my discount lunch today. Surrounded by my first attempt at running metal thru a slip roll. My homebrew ass is dragging too but at least I got a big box of parts…

AE7D2CDB-ED24-4FB0-97F3-D833E76A24FF (resized).jpegAE7D2CDB-ED24-4FB0-97F3-D833E76A24FF (resized).jpeg

#5890 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

So far, during this thread, we have lost:
    Crazy Levi
    Ben Heck
    Aaron FAST Pinball
    The Queen of England
    Is this thread cursed?

I will bow out as well

#5891 1 year ago
    Quoted from fastpinball:

All I can see right now is massive stress
    Aaron
    FAST Pinball

I agree with most of the points you made but one thing it seems in all this mayhem is John doesn't seem stressed at all! Many people here seem to be but John has been cool as a cold can of Bud!

#5892 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Crazy Levi
    Ben Heck
    Aaron FAST Pinball
    The Queen of England
    Is this thread cursed?

...and the spirit of Iceman lurks everyday

#5893 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

I agree with most of the points you made but one thing it seems in all this mayhem is John doesn't seem stressed at all! Many people here seem to be but John has been cool as a cold can of Bud!

John literally has nothing to lose. That's why. This seems to be a fun project for him and if he doesn't meet the deadline, what's ice gonna do?

#5894 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Maybe some Nyquil Chicken would be a healthy choice! ( It's a thing, apparently some kind of tictok challenge eating chicken cooked in Nyquil)
    Sounds pretty awful! Kids these days!

I saw that on the news this morning! WTF is wrong with people? Who the hell decides, hmmn chicken and Nyquil, let's try it! About as good as the vagina popsicles.

#5895 1 year ago

Nothing beats the original though (Allegra chicken)

aleg (resized).jpgaleg (resized).jpg
    #5896 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I'm guessing that you're vegan and thats perfectly fine. I'm not one of those guys who is upset by that or says HURR DURR I'M GONNA EAT 2 STEAKS NOW HAHA. I have some good friends who are vegan and there is certainly an argument to be made over the health benefits of it. To say "no animal product is good for you" is scientifically and factually wrong. Don't do your lifestyle a disservice by being that type of person.

Quoted from vdojaq:

I saw that on the news this morning! WTF is wrong with people? Who the hell decides, hmmn chicken and Nyquil, let's try it! About as good as the vagina popsicles.

I swear these dreaded tIk ToK ChAlLeNgEs are like 3 people who've done them and then the news is like HEY BOOMERS LOOK WHAT THE KIDS ARE DOING NOW EVERYBODY PANIC, THESE KIDS ARE DOOOOOOOMED. That being said...gimmie the vagscicles over medicine chicken any day. At least they might have some nice probiotics lol

#5897 1 year ago

Yeah, once you accept John is going to John then it's a lot more fun.

Quoted from vdojaq:

At this point, I'm pretty convinced most TikTok challenges and trends are elaborate trolls and occasional satire flying over people's heads.

People are so fucking gullible

#5898 1 year ago

The locker room is out of control. Need the coach in here asap.

#5899 1 year ago

Weekly update summary is going to be off by one day, look for it tomorrow. I actually had to do some work at my real job today

#5900 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Crazy Levi
    Ben Heck
    Aaron FAST Pinball
    The Queen of England
    Is this thread cursed?

RareHero

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/118?hl=rezdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.