Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,636 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BeachPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Trailer Trash-the Pin. The GWJ Chronicles”

• John finds the big whale and makes 1 "super LE CE Bling" Trailer Park Boys pin 17 votes
      11%
    • John finds 10 small whales and makes 10 "pro style homebrew type" Trailer Park Boys pins 11 votes
      7%
    • John buys an aquarium to pass the time until his dreams are realized 128 votes
      82%

(156 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

closed.gif
    EBC73878-BC53-4200-A2B6-C2F2E0527AAC (resized).jpeg
    F982508F-9554-4C5F-B499-531394F6F6C6 (resized).jpeg
    4E248FC9-0974-462E-9242-503735D9F3F4 (resized).jpeg
    2D3AED4E-728C-423B-AA1A-BC65047C5B9A.gif
    OTR.gif
    IMG_0355 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    popcorns.gif
    IMG_0360 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0362 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0359 (resized).JPG
    worlds_worst_coach_trucker_hat-rcabf536f37e04dbc8095021b9983cf42_eahwj_8byvr_630 (resized).jpg
    7B29A5B0-680F-4306-A606-5CB78CED39B3_4_5005_c (resized).jpeg
    34C7A3AA-F74D-481F-8084-39C43A1199C7 (resized).jpeg
    93BD3918-24E8-44BF-A93F-1AB39CB7D00D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

This topic is closed.

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 213.
    #5401 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:Your coach is a super sized Texas Bullshitter. I made all efforts to get his info to meet up with him while in Vegas. He made ZERO efforts.on his part. Whatever his excuse will be will be seen right through by those who know better. Can't wait to see how this whole coach thing progresses after 13 days of trying to make a print. This is awesome.

Awe Snowflaaaaake

show-me-where-the-bad-man-hurt-you (resized).jpgshow-me-where-the-bad-man-hurt-you (resized).jpg
    #5402 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Awe Snowflaaaaake
    [quoted image]

The guy agrees to meet up in Vegas and then pulls the disappearing act. Somehow I am the snowflake?

You are so incredibly oblivious to reality that you are no more than a side show clown begging for attention.

#5403 1 year ago
    Quoted from TAVsPlace:

John you should see if you can present this entire journey at TPF at one of the seminar spots. Would be a celebration of your accomplishment and a great Q&A, full bar of course. Charge $20 to attend and give the money to charity.

Two drink minimum (at the same time of course)

#5404 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

And a side order of paint chips.

There is no paint chips getting into my food. If anything my lungs probably took abuse working around public swimming pools with poor ventilation for 25 years. Probably get lifeguard lungs from breathing in chloramines.

#5405 1 year ago
    Quoted from greatwichjohn:

My butcher (meat) shop says no worries when I buy wieners (huge) pack that are due.

John - this doesn't make sense to me and you must explain it!

#5406 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Awe Snowflaaaaake
    [quoted image]

I find it amusing how much of a hypocrite you are.

#5407 1 year ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

He's literally the most toxic guy in here and goes around calling everyone else toxic. He also claims to be a genius but doesn't know what words are. Its really funny.

#5408 1 year ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

John - this doesn't make sense to me and you must explain it!

We have a large butcher nearby where I get lots of pepperoni, & cheap hot dogs. They seem to be the surplus location for institutional meat products. Like your senior homes, hospitals, etc, So they get like 36 pack of hot dogs that are or have just expired. Takes me over a week to go through a big pack with the help of the operator for his lunch one of those days. No worries they know what they are doing. They supply the mariner business (shipping) with their meat supplies. They also stock a lot of frozen fish products, so you see many people (women) that are not white guys looking for pepperoni. My local bar is across the street, I usually pick up some TNT Brothers pepperoni.
    Today not much of a deal at the stores. Went to the second one & got a nice steak for about $2.50 & 3 days of Genoa salami on sale with the free rolls. Had some swiss cheese with stuffed green olives for breakfast. Salads were not on sale today, likely on Wednesday.
    The coach might reach out to me today, or do the next installment on the build for parts. Still no word on the print being ready. It did go into the que Monday morning. Jon Norris posted up on Facebook a playfield design with a slots theme.
    IMG_0025 (resized).JPGIMG_0025 (resized).JPG

#5409 1 year ago

We have a large butcher nearby where I get lots of pepperoni, & cheap hot dogs. They seem to be the surplus location for institutional meat products. Like your senior homes, hospitals, etc, So they get like 36 pack of hot dogs that are or have just expired. Takes me over a week to go through a big pack with the help of the operator for his lunch one of those days. No worries they know what they are doing. They supply the mariner business (shipping) with their meat supplies. They also stock a lot of frozen fish products, so you see many people (women) that are not white guys looking for pepperoni. My local bar is across the street, I usually pick up some TNT Brothers pepperoni.
    Today not much of a deal at the stores. Went to the second one & got a nice steak for about $2.50 & 3 days of Genoa salami on sale with the free rolls. Had some swiss cheese with stuffed green olives for breakfast. Salads were not on sale today, likely on Wednesday.
    The coach might reach out to me today, or do the next installment on the build for parts. Still no word on the print being ready. It did go into the que Monday morning.
    [quoted image]

John, I'm curious how well you know your cuts of meat. Obviously, I don't expect you to be eating ribeye every night, but do you know like what cuts are fairly affordable but make good steaks (chuckeye for example) and cuts that should ideally be slow cooked, braised, or stewed? I noticed you cooking some eye of round the other day and now you have this "cross rib simmering steak". Those things are like shoe leather. I know you're a simple man whos just looking for bargains, so I don't knock it, but have you considered cooking them in a different manner to give yourself a delicious yet higher quality meal? With an onion and a can of cheese whiz you could have some killer mini cheese steaks with what you have there. You could look into getting a crock pot/slow cooker for the shop too. Just think of all the cheap and amazing meals you could have simmering all day while you are working, and then you get to sit down to an awesome dinner.

Also WOW beef is expensive in canada. Normally $6.06 for a half pound of tough meat. Sheesh! For $3 off though...not bad.

Sorry I am just a huge nerd when it comes to cooking

#5410 1 year ago

Just reviewed the pm from the coach & his ideas. Seems like a full fledge promotion for the State Of Texas, everything but the kitchen sink. Who ever is going to be doing the art it sounds like it will be busy like the Nitro Ground Shaker glass, maybe the coach needs to reach out to Dave Christensen.

Yes the steaks can be chewy, east coast Canada is known for fishing. Not cattle grazing out western Canada. We also lost many slaughter plants over the years in the 3 Maritime Provinces. So prices have gone up. My 5 year old Kraft BBQ sauce adds flavor, slobber it on during the cooking on the electric grill. Just got another 100' roll of foil to keep me going for some time.

#5411 1 year ago

Well, say goodbye to Trailer Trash (RIP)

ttrev1 (resized).pngttrev1 (resized).png

#5412 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Also WOW beef is expensive in canada. Normally $6.06 for a half pound of tough meat. Sheesh! For $3 off though...not bad.

It's Canadough, not real money

Just reviewed the pm from the coach & his ideas. Seems like a full fledge promotion for the State Of Texas, everything but the kitchen sink. Who ever is going to be doing the art it sounds like it will be busy like the Nitro Ground Shaker glass, maybe the coach needs to reach out to Dave Christensen.

Yee-haw

Is it too late to make it a wide body, because everything is bigger in Texas

#5413 1 year ago

No it will be standard size cabinet. Do not need any further delays in the build project. My wife went out & bought some more fruit loops cereal. When there is no snacks for me at the apartment. It is like the crack of snack foods, no milk needed.

#5414 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Well, say goodbye to Trailer Trash (RIP)
    [quoted image]

Pitcher of beer. I take it you are not a frequent bar patron like myself.

#5415 1 year ago

Just reviewed the pm from the coach & his ideas. Seems like a full fledge promotion for the State Of Texas, everything but the kitchen sink.

Well, my enthusiasm for this project just sank about 4 fathoms.

#5416 1 year ago

Pitcher of beer. I take it you are not a frequent bar patron like myself.

Rarely go to bars. I drink my cheap bud light in my heated garage/gameroom (winter) or on my front porch (summer) for about $0.72 each (USD)

#5417 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

The guy agrees to meet up in Vegas and then pulls the disappearing act. Somehow I am the snowflake?
    You are so incredibly oblivious to reality that you are no more than a side show clown begging for attention.

Quoted from Palmer:

Quoted from Haymaker:

He's literally the most toxic guy in here and goes around calling everyone else toxic. He also claims to be a genius but doesn't know what words are. Its really funny.

download.jpeg-1 (resized).jpgdownload.jpeg-1 (resized).jpg
    #5418 1 year ago

Beechwood, & all the other guys. I like your ideas for Trailer Trash, it is not dead yet (or it dies). But it will not be the first mini whale game for the coach.
    I only get the chance for $1 beer (cans) at the border going into USA. Which is the same price (moosehead).

#5419 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

There was definitely opportunity for this pin to be full-on GWJ. The material is all on this thread.

#5420 1 year ago

Beechwood, & all the other guys. I like your ideas for Trailer Trash, it is not dead yet (or it dies). But it will not be the first mini whale game for the coach.

Well, get crackin', I need some kind of progress to report on tomorrows weekly update!

#5421 1 year ago

Just got another 100' roll of foil to keep me going for some time.

Untitled 2 1 (resized).jpgUntitled 2 1 (resized).jpg
    #5422 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

[quoted image]

Stay classy buddy. Seems like your MO is to insult people instead of having a conversation...especially when people call you out on your hypocrisy.

#5423 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Your coach is a super sized Texas Bullshitter. I made all efforts to get his info to meet up with him while in Vegas. He made ZERO efforts.on his part. Whatever his excuse will be will be seen right through by those who know better. Can't wait to see how this whole coach thing progresses after 13 days of trying to make a print. This is awesome.

Maybe he thought you were stalking him ... meeting up with people you just know from a forum online, and had a bit of seemingly minor arguments along the way maybe he thought it may not be a good idea... If that were the case though he should have just told you that. Perhaps he just had too much going on there...Not always easy to meet up with people while on vacay.

#5424 1 year ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Maybe he thought you were stalking him ... meeting up with people you just know from a forum online, and had a bit of seemingly minor arguments along the way maybe he thought it may not be a good idea... If that were the case though he should have just told you that. Perhaps he just had too much going on there...Not always easy to meet up with people while on vacay.

Lol they literally had a public conversation about it after whatever "arguments" were had, agreed to meet up and both seemed genuinely looking forward to it.

#5425 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Well, get crackin', I need some kind of progress to report on tomorrows weekly update!

It's only 11am and you want him crackin open beers?

#5426 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's only 11am and you want him crackin open beers?

12pm in Halifax!

#5427 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Lol they literally had a public conversation about it after whatever "arguments" were had, agreed to meet up and both seemed genuinely looking forward to it.

You guys just don't get it

images.jpeg-4 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-4 (resized).jpg
    #5428 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Trailer Trash and Texas Themed aren't that dissimilar...

Still plenty of chances for drinkin, shootin, and other activities where the "G" is dropped at the end of the word

#5429 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Relax Kojak. Nothing personal against you FFS. I had several fantasy football drafts with my dad and brother at Planet Hollywood, FFPC, it was my anniversary on the 10th with the wife and i was otherwise occupied in Vegas, a lot going on, imagine that?

#5430 1 year ago

Ice was busy getting busy

#5431 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Ice was busy getting busy

There happens to be a lot to do in Vegas! That's the point.

With the theme potential here, maybe several people will hop off the train. Beer drinkin, honkey tonks, the Alamo, Gulf Coast redneck riviera, Oil rigs, cowboys, horses, "keeping Austin weird", Longhorns, Aggies and Red Raiders, the Panhandle, Amarillo by Morning, and all of Kimmy's Exes live in Texas.....

#5433 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

There happens to be a lot to do in Vegas! That's the point.
    With the theme potential here, maybe several people will hop off the train. Beer drinkin, honkey tonks, the Alamo, Gulf Coast redneck riviera, Oil rigs, cowboys, horses, "keeping Austin weird", Longhorns, Aggies and Red Raiders, the Panhandle, Amarillo by Morning, and all of Kimmy's Exes live in Texas.....

Did you get a CCr? Seems exactly what you're looking for, but without the football

#5434 1 year ago

Is that like the kid that desperately wants to fit in and tries to be included with the others, who don't give a shit about him? Sound familiar?

#5435 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Did you get a CCr? Seems exactly what you're looking for, but without the football

Still waiting on the CCr LE. A combo of it all i'm thinking, including rednecks and trailers, a lot going on in Texas.

#5436 1 year ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Is that like the kid that desperately wants to fit in and tries to be included with the others, who don't give a shit about him? Sound familiar?

Fit in? No thanks. You'd be amazed (& surprised who they're from)how many private messages I've received because of this thread. Turns out I'm not the only one disappointed in other humans. I do wish i could refrain from reminding you guys so much tho.. even john has mentioned it! I wish i had his tolerance & kept quiet as much as you wish i do!

#5437 1 year ago

John, I had a friend from Newfoundland. Have you ever tried seal flipper? It's pretty good.

#5438 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Fit in? No thanks. You'd be amazed (& surprised who they're from)how many private messages I've received because of this thread. Turns out I'm not the only one disappointed in other humans. I do wish i could refrain from reminding you guys so much tho.. even john has mentioned it! I wish i had his tolerance & kept quiet as much as you wish i do!

Bless your saintly soul. If only we could be as holy as thou! Curse our black hearts!

#5439 1 year ago

#greatwichquote

"You see many people (women) that are not white guys looking for pepperoni."

#5440 1 year ago
    Quoted from Topher5000:

John, I had a friend from Newfoundland. Have you ever tried seal flipper? It's pretty good.

More a meat person like people see here. I would not touch a seal, big marine rats living in the ocean.
    Just got back from getting the wife her suitcase of beer to keep her happy. No word from the printer, likely get the call when it is raining.

#5441 1 year ago

Dee-bow you would of been a perfect hockey defenseman. I.mo God forbid your futile chance on screening the goalie!

#5442 1 year ago

No word from the printer, likely get the call when it is raining.

That's the spirit, way to stay positive!

#5443 1 year ago

For those wondering about Canada, we are on the metric system. So 1kg = 2.2 lbs. At this time 75 cents USD = $1 CDN
    Salami is really expensive, cheese products main stream are affordable. Saving the tough steak for supper.

#5444 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

With the theme potential here, maybe several people will hop off the train.

In order to "hop off the train," you would actually need to be "on the train."

#5445 1 year ago

No it will be standard size cabinet. Do not need any further delays in the build project. My wife went out & bought some more fruit loops cereal. When there is no snacks for me at the apartment. It is like the crack of snack foods, no milk needed.

It's just about pure sugar so it's closer to crack than you think

#5446 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

#greatwichquote
    "You see many people (women) that are not white guys looking for pepperoni."

Maybe GWJ should direct those "(women) that are not white guys" to the store that has huge wieners.

#5447 1 year ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

In order to "hop off the train," you would actually need to be "on the train."

If you're posting on page 109, you're on the train

#5448 1 year ago

For those wondering about Canada, we are on the metric system. So 1kg = 2.2 lbs. At this time 75 cents USD = $1 CDN
    Salami is really expensive, cheese products main stream are affordable. Saving the tough steak for supper.

I hate the metric system. I'd rather die on my feet than live on your 30.48 centimeters.

#5449 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Relax Kojak. Nothing personal against you FFS. I had several fantasy football drafts with my dad and brother at Planet Hollywood, FFPC, it was my anniversary on the 10th with the wife and i was otherwise occupied in Vegas, a lot going on, imagine that?

Are you saying you didn't want to take time out of your anniversary vegas weekend to meet up with some rando on the internet .... what's wrong with you?

#5450 1 year ago

Please...the press conference with the Coach is over for today. Let the man breathe

There are 10,636 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 213.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moby-dick-let-s-talk-whales-and-whale-watching/page/109?hl=rezdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.