(Topic ID: 96863)

MMr's coming to Northern California group shipping anyone?

By Kerry_Richard

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by nipenzo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I'm purchasing a MMr with Jersey Jack Pinball.

I've had a few ask me about a similar group shipment, like we did for our WOZLE's. I'm in the East Bay Area of Northern Calif. and would / could arrange a group shipment, at a reduced rate.

Let me know if you're interested?

Thanks Kerry

#2 9 years ago

I'm in Brentwood and will do Kerry. You can PM me . Thanks, Brad.

#3 9 years ago

Brad, PM sent.

#4 9 years ago

I'm in San Jose and getting one too. I can store a few in my garage if needed.

#5 9 years ago

The only NIB games I've bought have been for pick up, not this one. Don't they ship NIB games for about $250? How much is the shipping normally with and without a group shipment like this?

#6 9 years ago

I'm in San Jose too.

I've started few month ago the same theread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-in-sf-bay-area-ordered-mmr-from-pinballsales) but the problem is to pick up a delivery location that match with everyone's capability.

For example, I don't have a truck so picking up the box is a problem.

#7 9 years ago

Leo13...I didn't see that thread 5 months ago, sorry.

When we did our group ship on WOXLE's it was to San Leandro. Guys came with truck, vans and trailers and slid boxes off and on to vehicle or trailer.

Question; will a "group ship" only be available to those who purchased thru JJP, or would it include those who purchased thru others Distributors like Rick at PAA or others. I would think it would make sense to include other distributors, because they would leaving from the same location and arriving to the Bay Area.

I'll do more homework, if you haven't already.

Let me know.
    Thanks Kerry

#8 9 years ago

Will it matter regarding Trim options... I'm in for Gold, but don't want to wait 2-5mnths for guys getting Black if it's only going to be a $100 saving. I believe Gold is going to be 1st in production, but I could be wrong.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Will it matter regarding Trim options... I'm in for Gold, but don't want to wait 2-5mnths for guys getting Black if it's only going to be a $100 saving. I believe Gold is going to be 1st in production, but I could be wrong.

What I was thinking as well

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

No idea...we'll see how things unfold.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Leo13:

For example, I don't have a truck so picking up the box is a problem.

Leo13... U-Haul rents a 5'x8' trailer for about $19/day.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Leo13... U-Haul rents a 5'x8' trailer for about $19/day.

This is an option indeed.
    I plan to go to BAA today to check the legs different color, then commit my final choice to JJP.

#13 9 years ago

Kerry,
    I would be in. Black trim

#14 9 years ago

Huh? Free shipping.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Huh? Free shipping.

I said reduced shipping on a group shipment. Looks like I have 6-8 who are interested so far.

Leo13, do/did you have any from your post 5 months ago?

#16 9 years ago

You should get free free shipping.

#17 9 years ago

I said reduced shipping on a group shipment. Looks like I have 6-8 who are interested so far.
    Leo13, do/did you have any from your post 5 months ago?

Kerry, I tried to call you last week about this but never heard back from you.

Richard and I both went with the gold trim after I saw it a BAA a few weeks back.

We ordered through JJP, but I do not think that it matters which distributor you ordered through as the games are shipped from the Stern Factory as I understand.

I have a 19' X 7' enclosed motorcycle trailer, but it is only about 5' tall. Not sure how many games we can get in it, but since they will all be in boxes I bet we can fit quite a few.

I travel to my Pleasanton Office on Tuesday and Wednesday and I work from home the rest of the week near Sacramento.

Let me know,

Jeff

#18 9 years ago

Viperbsd... it must have slipped thru the cracks, sorry.

Looks like there is a good deal of interest. I'm going to talk to Rick at BAA this weekend to see "if" any of his buyers are interested in shipping to Northern Calif (East Bay Area) as well as JJP's buyers. If so, it's probably available to those who purchased from other Distributors too. Stay tuned!

#19 9 years ago

Do you have a rough idea of the savings we're looking at here?

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You should get free free shipping.

How so?

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from dhalem:

Do you have a rough idea of the savings we're looking at here?

Not yet... still getting an interest list to determine quantity for shipment.

#22 9 years ago

I did run this by Jersey Jack yesterday. He said he's OK with me arranging a group shipment.

It was done with my WOZLE order, and I know a large group ship was done in Sacramento with Metallica, some time ago.

#23 9 years ago

Some distros are doing that. Guess JJP is not. But he is doing a deal on the glass instead.

#24 9 years ago

How much do you save with a group shipment? For the WOZ, what was the before and after cost per person?

It was done with my WOZLE order, and I know a large group ship was done in Sacramento with Metallica, some time ago.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

How much do you save with a group shipment? For the WOZ, what was the before and after cost per person?

Jalpert... as I recall; Shipping the WOZLE was quoted at approx $500 (from $491 to about $515), with 2 different carriers. Keep in mind, that game was well over 400 lbs shipped. He got the shipping down to just over $200/each.

Note: I didn't arrange that group ship. I just participated.

#26 9 years ago

He got the shipping down to just over $200/each.

I'm 'group shipping' 2 MM-black to our local freight terminal (most likely Tracy). The docks are open 24/7 and we pick them up at our convenience. The last time we shipped 2 and picked them up at the dock (AC/DC BIBLE) it was $322, or $161 each. I don't have a current quote on shipping (yet).

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#27 9 years ago

Steve in Escalon... That's very good to know.

Please do let me/us know what you find out to Tracy's terminal. Maybe the same carrier has a terminal in Bay Area. We could consider a group ship here at hopefully ~$175/game.

#28 9 years ago

Ask you distributor to get a shipping quote to the nearest freight terminal. I guarantee they have one in the Bay Area. You would most likely need to pick up all pins at the same time, since they are coming as a single shipment. Freight companies won't let you take part of a shipment off the docks, unless you sign for the whole load.

It's easy with 2 pins, as they fit in a pick-up. Multiple pins may be harder to coordinate, unless you rent a large truck or trailer.

The dock gives you plenty of room to inspect the shipment for damages. If you have any damage, the claim forms are right there. Picking up at the dock also reduces the number of times the pins are moved. FYI, the Tracy dock is YRC (Yellow Freight).

Steve (in Escalon)

#29 9 years ago

Thanks Steve... great info!

#30 9 years ago

I am getting one from jj. I have a truck with a liftgate and could easily pickup 4.

My schedule is usually flexible, so if there was a reason to meet and split a shipment into 2 groups, I could help. I plan on ordering gold.

#31 9 years ago

Thanks Mrbill... we're up to about 9 now.

I'm going to Calif Extreme today. I hope to see Rick from BAA there to ask him directly about his Bay Area buyers and if a group ship can be done with other distributors.

#32 9 years ago

I also have a gold ordered with JJ.

Kerry, I did the group ship with Metallica but all the pins were ordered through one distributor which may have made it a bit easier. Let's hear what Rick has to say.

#33 9 years ago

Loren...

Yes, hopefully Rick can assist in this as well. Maybe a "group" could actually be delivered to his place in San Jose.

It would seem to me that "if" we get 10-15 games shipped at one time, to one location, it could be approx $150 each.

#34 9 years ago

I would be in on them delivered to his place in San Jose or nearby.

Haven't decided on trim color yet. Maybe after seeing the legs in person later today will help me determine which color.

#35 9 years ago

I went to the open house. Spoke to rick and got him to take the mmr pin legs to cax. They were there around 5pm. I would hope they take them back for Sunday. Not a big fan of the gold, but I will stick with it.

#36 9 years ago

Hey guys / gals, here's an update;

I personally spoke to Rick at BAA / PAA yesterday at CAX. He said he's OK with a group shipment with different Distributors.

A couple things discussed;
    1) He didn't want the games shipped to his location in Campbell
    2) He wasn't sure of the logistics re: which game colors would be done first (SS / Gold or black). He felt he would know more on that in 2-3 weeks.

So I'm guessing (color and time): say "if" Stainless Steel were the first run, than Gold, than black... there could be many weeks between them. Most likely they (Stern Manufacturing) would want these games out the door as soon as completed.

BTW: I'm in on Black and we're up to about a dozen, in the group interest.

#37 9 years ago

Hey guys / gals, here's an update;
    I personally spoke to Rick at BAA / PAA yesterday at CAX. He said he's OK with a group shipment with different Distributors.
    A couple things discussed;
    1) He didn't want the games shipped to his location in Campbell
    2) He wasn't sure of the logistics re: which game colors would be done first (SS / Gold or black). He felt he would know more on that in 2-3 weeks.
    So I'm guessing (color and time): say "if" Stainless Steel were the first run, than Gold, than black... there could be many weeks between them. Most likely they (Stern Manufacturing) would want these games out the door as soon as completed.
    BTW: I'm in on Black and we're up to about a dozen, in the group interest.

I don't have a loading dock and ability to accept 40 foot trucks (and my warehouse is completely full).

I also think there is some challenge with people in different lines (resellers) as well as between the trim options as well as the place in different lines, some people may find that the larger the batch the longer it takes because the logistics get more difficult. Resellers may have hard or softer lines and so have no idea on this as that is up to each reseller (i.e. if someone is 'first' in their line and another person in the batch is 'last' in their line whether they will ship the games together early, middle, or late, etc) I told Kerry we would certainly help try to find a way to get games shipped together but I won't be able to get too deep into each reseller to sort that out ...

I also wanted to make sure someone owns the liability as as soon as they leave the loading dock (FOB) the 'ownership' changes, and so someone who consigns the shipment needs to be responsible for any claims (hopefully there are none, but you know forklift drivers these days!).

Anyways, want to help how we can, and more will be known in a couple of weeks ... just want people to know the challenges which could delay games ...

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mrbill:

I am getting one from jj. I have a truck with a liftgate and could easily pickup 4.
    My schedule is usually flexible, so if there was a reason to meet and split a shipment into 2 groups, I could help. I plan on ordering gold.

Sorry I was away this week without internet connection so I could not reply earlier.
    Thanks Mr.Bill for your offer, if it's still ok for you to pick up mine, I'm in for the group shipment !

I'll go for the gold edition, with the invisiglass option.

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from Leo13:

I'll go for the gold edition, with the invisiglass option.

Leo13... It's my understanding, you would need to order the color selection & glass option on your own, with your Distributor.

#40 9 years ago

Just to let you know that I sent my payment today to JJP. As I said previously, I'm in for the Gold trim option with Invisiglass.

So if you want to arrange a group shipping in west bay area, let me know

#41 9 years ago

Leo13...Will do.

BTW: Do you have any other guys who maybe interested in the group ship from your initial post 5-6 months ago?

#42 9 years ago

my funds are in for gold. I don't plan on ordering the invisiglass.

1 week later
    #43 9 years ago

I'm in with JJP for the gold trim. I'd be up for a group shipment if it doesn't delay by much. I live in San Mateo.

How about three separate group shipments from JJP? One for each trim?

#44 9 years ago

+1 for Gold trim in Nor Cal

#45 9 years ago

Thanks guys for chiming in...

I'll check to see "if" they can group different trim color options together. It may not be the case. However, it will still be a group ship if they do them separately. We presently have about 14-15 interested. That's approx 5 per trim color. That should still be a significant discount than just shipping one game.

Stayed tuned!
    Thanks Kerry

1 month later
    #46 9 years ago

Gold's first? Black's 2nd? and SS 3rd?

Has anyone heard anything yet on shipping?

#47 9 years ago

shipping update?????

hahahaha still waiting for the game play video that is 2 weeks late

im sure the clown shoe will give a update any day stating october production/shipping will be delayed

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmrs-coming-to-northern-calif-w-jjp-group-shipping-anyone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.