Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by gliebig
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

There were 2 NIB at the WS auction, one was taken out of the box for all to play. Both sold. Looked great and played with no
issues.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

TWD is an amazing game. Use this as opportunity to get a premium.. walker bombs!

I'm hoping for my TWD Premium next week. First new pin since TSPP...

#53 7 years ago

My regret on selling my TWD pro was that I thought I really wanted a premium/LE. However once I played an LE I did not like the flow as much or the left ramp (bicycle girl). Something about stopping and playing crossbow that I find takes so much away from my love of pinball. Same with ACDC premium... I will be selling it soon mainly because of the canon that I just can't stand.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

However once I played an LE I did not like the flow as much or the left ramp (bicycle girl). Something about stopping and playing crossbow that I find takes so much away from my love of pinball.

You can disable the ramp and the bow. Keep the awesome light effects, spinners and walker bombs, and keep the flow. You win twice brother, it's good biz! Haha

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can disable the ramp and the bow. Keep the awesome light effects, spinners and walker bombs, and keep the flow. You win twice brother, it's good biz! Haha

Touché !! Guess I am looking for TWD premium again.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

There were 2 NIB at the WS auction, one was taken out of the box for all to play. Both sold. Looked great and played with no
issues.

What did they sell for?

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

That said I saw people trying to hype it and sell it at 10k or maybe 12k during that period but I never saw anybody actually BUY one at that price. I mean who would??

I watched one change hands for 12.5k, and helped the guy load it in his truck. People were really buying them for that. It wasn't just hype.

#58 7 years ago

Who pays $8k for a game they've been waiting on for a year (or more) and say "Gee. That was totally not worth it".

Psychology 101.

#59 7 years ago

100% worth it. Great game, great rules, great art. Great sounds.

Just amazing. If you look around you can still get LEs from some distributors that bought extra stock.

Instead of waiting on a standard.

That's how I got mine back in April.

#60 7 years ago

I own both, fantastic game, That era of Bally / Williams will never be seen again, the artwork , build quality. I wish all the other pinball companies the best but for me B/W are still the
Best.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I watched one change hands for 12.5k, and helped the guy load it in his truck. People were really buying them for that. It wasn't just hype.

Agreed it's not hype and those games sold for a lot.

It still chaps my ass at how Pinside collectively rejoiced at the announcement of the remakes. People here actually laughed and celebrated because fellow collectors were going to lose a lot of money. "Stupid rich people" deserved to lose money was the belief at the time. Jealousy is an ugly emotion and there's a lot of people here that should be embarrassed.

As for me, I chased buying an MM but never got one. When prices reached $6K (long before the remake announcement) I dropped out. Its a wonderful game but I couldn't justify the price then or now. A NIB MMr should be $5K max in my opinion especially with a flooded market on the horizon.

And its not that I'm cheap or old school. Last month I paid $8300 for a NIB Walking Dead LE. - To each his own.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I own both, fantastic game, That era of Bally / Williams will never be seen again, the artwork , build quality. I wish all the other pinball companies the best but for me B/W are still the
Best.

so true

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It still chaps my ass at how Pinside collectively rejoiced at the announcement of the remakes. People here actually laughed and celebrated because fellow collectors were going to lose a lot of money. "Stupid rich people" deserved to lose money was the belief at the time. Jealousy is an ugly emotion and there's a lot of people here that should be embarrassed.

Agreed that taking pleasure at someone else's loss is pretty lame. And there was some of that here when MMR was announced. Along with some pretty negative speculation - some of which has proven justified and some not - from people that were opposed to remakes on financial or philosophical grounds. But I saw more of the celebration coming from Pinsiders that were genuinely excited that a game they loved was suddenly available, new in box, for a relatively "affordable" $8k. And the people that bought in on MMR did so because they badly wanted to own the game, not to poke a stick in the eye of others that bought the game for $13k six months before the remake was announced.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Wasn't just Pinside. At Expo when the MMR was announced, the man sitting next to me was laughing that the $16K MM's just hit $5K.

LTG : (

#65 7 years ago

MM is a great game, being able to buy a NIB for less than an old routed beater should be good news for people who got into the hobby recently.

Who cares if we lose some money on our hobby. I have buddies who play golf and spend enough on memberships and green fees yearly to buy a NIB game, and all they have to show for it at the end of the year are happy memories.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

Who cares if we lose some money on our hobby.

Nobody cares.

Except for every single person on Pinside.

It's not the money. It's the principle.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wasn't just Pinside. At Expo when the MMR was announced, the man sitting next to me was laughing that the $16K MM's just hit $5K.
LTG : (

Whos laughing now?

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

TWD is an amazing game. Use this as opportunity to get a premium.. walker bombs!

I had a deposit on a MMR Standard. I ordered it based on my memories playing MM as a kid. A guy in my pinball league then got his LE and after playing it, I thought...meh. Yeah, it's still a cool game but I also liked the newer games being released. As the wait increased I started looking at other tables. I love horror themes but my wife is not a fan. I gradually got her on board with a TWD Pro. Our original agreement when I got my first pin was that she had to be on board with the choice, as she likes to play as well. I absolutely love this game for both design and game play. I also have a MET Pro and that's great as well. No regrets. Will probably go with a GB Premium eventually, but right now just having a blast with TWD. I have not shut the door on MM, but it's no longer a must have.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Agreed that taking pleasure at someone else's loss is pretty lame. And there was some of that here when MMR was announced. Along with some pretty negative speculation

They did it as Jpop went bust, Predator and also when Iron Man VE was announced. - Stay tuned.

#70 7 years ago

So it seems that aside from a fault or two the general thought is yes it has been. I've been bouncing back and forth on whether to do it or not. Last year I could have got one. I had the check ready and decided against it.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

I had a deposit on a MMR Standard. I ordered it based on my memories playing MM as a kid. A guy in my pinball league then got his LE and after playing it, I thought...meh. Yeah, it's still a cool game but I also liked the newer games being released. As the wait increased I started looking at other tables. I love horror themes but my wife is not a fan. I gradually got her on board with a TWD Pro. Our original agreement when I got my first pin was that she had to be on board with the choice, as she likes to play as well. I absolutely love this game for both design and game play. I also have a MET Pro and that's great as well. No regrets. Will probably go with a GB Premium eventually, but right now just having a blast with TWD. I have not shut the door on MM, but it's no longer a must have.

PPS/CGC better hurry up with getting the remakes out the door... Stern is on a roll

#72 7 years ago

Kind of pointless to ask if any nib pin is "worth it". With the kind of money we spend on these things you would have to question our sanity. I finally got to play a MMr at TPF a little while ago. No surprises. It looked and played like a new MM. If you love the game then I guess it's worth getting. I agree with a lot of others in that there are a lot of new Stern games that are arguable better and cost far less. If they could get the price down and get production sorted out then maybe.

#73 7 years ago

Totally worth it. It will never leave my collection. I love playing those 90's Bally/Williams games and MMR gives me a NIB version of them.

#74 7 years ago

If you like the game, go for it. The quality is amazing, and being able to buy a new version of a 20 years old game that is looks and plays nearly identical is just incredible. I probably wouldn't have owned one if not for it being remade. Everyone of my friends seems to love MM, even non pinheads.

#75 7 years ago

Buy it and enjoy it, life is short . Tomorrow is no guarantee for anyone.

#76 7 years ago

I asked a similar question 3 months ago with a poll: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-are-you-happy-with-your-purchase

74% said yes. Now that I have had it for 3 months I can say it is a beautiful machine and well made. I have played it from time to time, a couple of games here and there. Now that I own it, I like playing, but its a tough game, can get frustrating at times, but I believe one of the big reasons its rated so highly is you have to know how to play to get a good score.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

..... Now that I own it, I like playing, but its a tough game, can get frustrating at times, but I believe one of the big reasons its rated so highly is you have to know how to play to get a good score.

Guessing you don't have a TWD or BSD.
I found is game to be of avg difficulty. First time I played, I had long ball times and posted a top score not knowing the rules at all
But really fun game, just can't justify the price.

#78 7 years ago

My MMr LE is a permanent game in my collection, I love to play it and it will never be sold. Well, at least not while I am alive.

#79 7 years ago

Herm, mine finally came in. You can swing by and check it out if you want.

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Buy it and enjoy it, life is short . Tomorrow is no guarantee for anyone.

Best advice I've seen on Pinside in awhile.
Thumbs up from me.

#81 7 years ago

I enjoy mine. Not one issue so far, build quality is top notch. If I had to do it again? I don't know. MM is a fun game but $8k is a bit much imo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-worth-it/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.