Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by gliebig
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Now that a lot of people have have Medieval Madness Remakes i'm wondering if they're worth it? Been thinking about possibly saving up for one.

#2 7 years ago

For me, yes, absolutely!

Marc

#3 7 years ago

hell yes! no remorse, no regrets

#4 7 years ago

Cool. I've considered one for a while now. Could have ordered an le last year but changed my mind.

MM is a fun game. Played on two of the originals and its the one i played extensively virtually.

#5 7 years ago

I asked the same question to someone who bought one of the first LE remakes. He said that he had no regrets and is very happy with the decision and that it plays just like the original.

#6 7 years ago

I have had mine since October. It will be the 2nd to last game to ever leave my house (after AC/DC Luci). Great game, top of the line build quality. Not 1 regret.

#7 7 years ago

Absolutely worth it! I have no regrets about buying this one, just wish it would have came with a full color display.

#8 7 years ago

Love it!

#9 7 years ago

Heck yeah! Brand new MM? Yes please!

#10 7 years ago

Absolutely, if you like MM. It's a classic, and MMR is a brand new version of it

#11 7 years ago

Had mine since December 2015. I really enjoy it. Only complaint is the faded inserts but they are still legible, and in the grand scheme of things, not all that bad. I just wish CGC handled the whole situation better. But even with that issue, I wouldn't return it. Absolutely love this game.

#12 7 years ago

Going to break ranks here. It's OK. No problem with the build quality etc but there are far better games out there for the same money. I like my game but it's not as good as TWD, AC/DC or Metallica. It's a great 90s game (up there with AFM) but in a home environment I'd take a more modern game anytime. This is not to say that it's bad in anyway but if you are dropping such a serious amount of money on a game then there are better ones out there. If you love MM then there is no reason to not get MMr but if you are undecided try a range of other games as well.

#13 7 years ago

It's a great game and belongs in your collection. Just be aware it's a total crapshoot if you will get one of the nicer PF's MMr originally shipped with or one with the faded inserts most people seem to have gotten over the last few months. They seem determined to ship these "factory seconds" even though they are completely aware of the issue. Customer be damned!

We can only hope they have started to get to the end of these misprints... I think everybody deserved the same quality they started with but... oh well.

#14 7 years ago

If you get one (actually I would much prefer the original) but if you get one be smart and don't buy NIB just buy an HUO one. You'll save some cash and see exactly the you're getting. Too many issues with the NIB ones and no customer service...

#15 7 years ago

I love mine, great game. Always wanted a MM and was thrilled when they remade it. Get one!

#16 7 years ago

MMr is all about your perspective. If you look from the mid length term, MM was going for big bucks (12-15 for nice ones), so the remake at only 8k was amazing. It gave a lot of people the opportunity to own one that wouldn't have spent over 10 for it. And NIB to boot!

But you also have the folks that took a bath when their nice MM dropped in price, because the customer could get a NIB for 8k.

I never thought MM was a 15k game. But the rarity, and the fact that it would never be made again kept it up there. Every time I played it, I thought it was a 2k game. A really good 2k game, but 2k of fun (that number was from about 5 years ago, so now I'd probably call it a 4k game).

Finally, I like NIB, but I like my 90s games to have been played in the 90s. The technology has proven itself and is repairable. And I like the fact that thousands of people played and enjoyed them 20 years ago.

So is MMr worth it? Not to me, but it might be to you. MM is still a good game, but as John said above, I think there are a lot better ways to put 8k into the hobby. There are other games I enjoy playig a lot more.

#17 7 years ago

I was expecting a poll, so I could just vote and not have to admit to anything. Drat.

#18 7 years ago

I like my MMR, but it's not exactly what I expected. I think I like modern Stern games like STLE and MET premium better.
I did get good customer service from Chicago Gaming when my troll bracket broke. They got a replacement to my house within 2 days.

#19 7 years ago

I'm concerned about parts availability later on for my MMR. A lot of boards look non serviceable while an original MM uses many of the same electronics as all the other Williams games(repairable and lots of spare parts)

#20 7 years ago

MMr is a great game, that being said I think you can do better for 8k

#21 7 years ago

Love my mmr but I do miss my stle I gave up to get it. Still no regrets because the family plays mmr more then stle and it's a game that everyone plays when people are over

#22 7 years ago

My friend owns an mmr and it seems fine for a new machine but it is oh so 90's and just doesn't seem to be worth 8000 to me. I love the new machines of today and mmr just doesn't stand up to them in my opinion. I guess if you have plenty of money to throw around why not own one but if your money and space is limited mmr would be the last thing I would spend 8000 on.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Love my mmr but I do miss my stle I gave up to get it. Still no regrets because the family plays mmr more then stle and it's a game that everyone plays when people are over

I don't think this would cheer me up. "Guests and family like it" is a always a bad rationalization. You know they are just humoring you, right, and telling you what they think you want to hear? There's one person in that house who really loves pinball - you - and you should have the games you like.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't think this would cheer me up. "Guests and family like it" is a always a bad rationalization. You know they are just humoring you, right, and telling you what they think you want to hear? There's one person in that house who really loves pinball - you - and you should have the games you like.

Not true, because my 10 year old plays in league and the friends that mostly come over and play are in league also, so they get it. I've had over 40 games, which were all games I wanted and played, it's ok to have one for other people in my life. I get joy out of other people's happiness.

#25 7 years ago

So would you say, in your opinion, MMR is worth it but only if it's bringing the joy to others that it might not necessarily be bringing to you?

This is an important distinction for the OP, who may need to decide if it's worth $8,000 just to provide an occasional distraction for guests, wives, and children. $8000 buys a lot of pin, like those stern LEs.

#26 7 years ago

Might be worth it if it ever shows up. Was told a week and a half ago it would be here in a few days. Still not here.

#27 7 years ago

There have been almost 1000 MMR made and you don't see hardly any being sold by people who have bought them, that to me tells me that they are keepers and unlike a lot of Stern games people buy them then decide the don't like them and put them up for resell. Proven classic that was not obtainable before because of the price before the remakes. Play a Ghost Busters or any other new Stern then a MMR then decide.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Might be worth it if it ever shows up.

Its only been 6 years what do you expect?

Quoted from DeeGor:

Was told a week and a half ago it would be here in a few days. Still not here.

Shocking!

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

There have been almost 1000 MMR made

not delivered... still an insane amount of people waiting! And yes plenty have changed hands. And plenty more will change hands.

#30 7 years ago

If you love MM, you'll love MMR. It plays great. Only way to decide if you think it's a better bet than a modern Stern is to play then all and see what you like better.

If I had $8k to blow on a NIB game, MMR would be very high in my list. I'd probably wait six months though to see if they get the playfields corrected, or buy a used MMR so you can see exactly what you're getting.

#31 7 years ago

Hells to the Yes it's worth it. Absolutely love ours. Lloyd and tech support is solid, but the CGC tech forum setup is a bit wonky. But Lloyd is what made our initial tech concern fade away and allowed us to enjoy the game. So the inserts may be a little light ( and yes it pisses me off that I dropped a ton of cash to have an inferior play field as I'm uber OCD ), but the joy this game brings is pretty awesome. Now only if I could stop my wife from throwing up all of the new high scores...

#32 7 years ago

Any savvy experienced pinball buyer could cut a deal for an original MM for 8k.

Quoted from fosaisu:If you love MM, you'll love MMR. It plays great. Only way to decide if you think it's a better bet than a modern Stern is to play then all and see what you like better.
If I had $8k to blow on a NIB game, MMR would be very high in my list. I'd probably wait six months though to see if they get the playfields corrected, or buy a used MMR so you can see exactly what you're getting.

Why wait?

To the op please read the several current threads here on MMr.Lots of info to help you make your choice.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

not delivered... still an insane amount of people waiting! And yes plenty have changed hands. And plenty more will change hands.

Any ideas on how many MMR's have gone out so far?
I thought they sent out all the LE's already.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

Any ideas on how many MMR's have gone out so far?
I thought they sent out all the LE's already.

No, no idea but not all LE's have been delivered... just a few more days I am sure.

#35 7 years ago

MM is a great pin but no way in hell it's worth the crazy money it fetches. It was never worth 15,12, or even 8k with the MMre. It's a 5k pin IMHO and with the flood of them that will become available in the years to come I'll buy one when the prices float back down to earth. And they will. Too many amazing newer pins to choose from. GB, Hobbit, etc....better ways to spend the same coin.

#36 7 years ago

I spoke with a distributor who is upset with how slow the pins are being produced. He said that due to the constant delays, a lot of his preorders have dropped out for either a HUO MMr for less than he can sell them for and nice original MM example. If I were the OP, I'd look for one at a discount rather than paying full price for one.

#37 7 years ago

My honeymoon is over so I can be a good opinion.I have 511 dressed in black,it has been a flawless playing machine and the family and I enjoy it very much.I think it is a keeper and don't see myself parting with it.I could be wrong but I really think the ball moves faster than the original.As for the money spent on it,I think it is a solid 7500- game,I too wish it had color display.No regrets and I love the 3D translite I got for it.
Mike

#38 7 years ago

It's worth 8k for us who bought them.

#39 7 years ago

It's worth it. Love mine.

Don't be swayed by those who have no intention of buying it posting negative cimments here. If folks who bought it are saying don't do it, that would be a different story.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

MM is a great pin but no way in hell it's worth the crazy money it fetches. It was never worth 15,12, or even 8k with the MMre. It's a 5k pin IMHO and with the flood of them that will become available in the years to come I'll buy one when the prices float back down to earth. And they will. Too many amazing newer pins to choose from. GB, Hobbit, etc....better ways to spend the same coin.

Mine has sat in my living room since 97 and when I saw the prices go up I was amused but never would sell it.

That said I saw people trying to hype it and sell it at 10k or maybe 12k during that period but I never saw anybody actually BUY one at that price. I mean who would?? And I never saw one sell at 15K.

I think it was the mob mentality along with the hype train that made people think these games were going for those prices.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Mine has sat in my living room since 97 and when I saw the prices go up I was amused but never would sell it. That said I saw people trying to hype it and sell it at 10k or maybe 12k during that period but I never saw anybody actually BUY one at that price. I mean who would?? And I never saw one sell at 15K. I think it was the mob mentality along with the hype train that made people think these games were going for those prices.

Decent MMs were absolutely selling for $10k+ before the MMR was announced. I simply don't believe the market was flooded with nice condition MMs at $7-8k the year before the remake was announced. When you say "mob mentality along with the hype train" I think you're describing "supply and demand." It's not shocking - it's a great game, there weren't that many floating around, and people were willing to pay more for them than for most other games at a time when all pin prices were on the rise. Once the remake was announced, the feeling of scarcity was somewhat deflated, and MM prices adjusted accordingly.

Look at it this way, you clearly valued your MM pretty highly in 2012-13 since you didn't sell it when prices were skyrocketing.

#43 7 years ago

I got to see serial number 1033 unboxed and got to play about 10 games at the Winston auction today. It didn't want to work on first try but lifted playfield and rebooted and it came on. Nice machine, good play, inserts were fine. If all the inserts looked like this one people are whining for nothing.
But $8000? I will have to pass.

#44 7 years ago

I have an original. I love it but everything stales from time to time. Always like to shake up my game room.
Variety wins

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Look at it this way, you clearly valued your MM pretty highly in 2012-13 since you didn't sell it when prices were skyrocketing.

Yeah but I'm weird that way. I hardly sell anything - especially if I'm worried about being able to replace it later. I figure others are more rational in the buying/selling dept.

#46 7 years ago

It probably is worth it, especially once the beautifully re-dotted colour display is released.

But you'd be mad to order one at the moment. There've been gigantic delays and production issues. Many of which probably stem from a rocky relationship with Stern, and the latter's seeming difficulty in getting their new factory anywhere near its theoretical capacity.

Supposedly PPS / CGC have been looking for another manufacturer for game 2, and I suspect MMr would move as well, if that transpires ... I mean the black editions are still nowhere and there's still only a minute trickle of silver and golds.

WAIT.

#47 7 years ago

Not a chance. I was very happy to get out of my MMRLE. I mean you know the game, the rules, the callouts. They are the same as have been for 20+years. At least with an original you get the collector value but for $8000 I just couldn't satisfy myself with a copy of something old.

Each to their own but I do not regret getting out of mine. Perhaps the best pinball decision I ever made (worst was selling my TWD pro).

#48 7 years ago

As a long time pinsider but a rare poster I do read a lot here help when I can but usually someone beats me to it. Any ways I have had mine since last July and to me well worth it. I have not had a issue with it at all. I played a lot of medieval madness over the years and this one since it is new blows the ones I had the chance to play away. This is a title I wanted for a long time but could not find a decent one for near the 8k price of MMR, At the end of the day for me it was hard to beat new.

#49 7 years ago

At boot up the display is in great color. Why is not the display for the whole game in color? $$ ?

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Each to their own but I do not regret getting out of mine. Perhaps the best pinball decision I ever made (worst was selling my TWD pro).

TWD is an amazing game. Use this as opportunity to get a premium.. walker bombs!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-worth-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.